on 3/24/2011 9:41:00 PM

I'd give this 3.5 lippies. I'm east asian with NC25 skin. I ordered some samples of this version (pink package) and a gold version, and found that the pink one is more natural looking. Compared to Hanskin Premium Magic BB Cream, I'd say this has less coverage, but is slightly less ashy (more natural). Trouble is, I think the coverage is a bit too light. There is a slight perfumy smell that goes away quickly, and I'm fairly sensitive to perfume. On the fence with this one.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just started using this BB cream about 2 weeks ago, I had ordered it online from Skin79's site. I absolutely love this stuff. I have combo skin, oily t-zone and normal cheeks. I apply this with my fingers after my moisturizer and find it blends perfectly and looks amazing! I do not find that it looks grey or causes any breakouts. It actually makes my skin look and feel like a million bucks. It does not dry me out, nor make my skin look too oily. I find because I am quite fair (Nars-Mont Blanc matches me perfectly), I find that it oxidizes great with my natural skin tone. My boyfriend compliments me a lot when I wear this BB cream as it looks very natural and is a great cross between a slightly dewy and slightly matte look. I <3 it!!

My only complaints are that it is not available in Canada (at least not where I am from) and I have to order it online. Also, I would love if the bottle had a lid somehow so that the spout isn't exposed all the time.

on 3/9/2011 7:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is the first BB cream I've ever used, and I guess it's just alright. It's REALLY thick, so you'd think there will be a lot of coverage, but no :|
I don't know why, but it has a greyish tone to it no matter how long I wait.
Meh. Not that worth it for the price.

on 3/9/2011 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I may revisit this if it's not the case but I believe this product is breaking me out. (it's between this and a couple of other new products that could be doing it) I'll be kind of upset if it is this because I do like the coverage and like applying this to my T-zone where it's more oily.

on 3/3/2011 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

UPDATE: Still love this. I am experimenting with lighter TMs for summer, but I will be back to this in the fall.

UPDATE: Still my favorite. I wear this often and top with matte pressed powder on th t-zone. I love the finish and coverage. Awesome for days out in the sun. Not having to apply a seperate SPF cream is priceless!!! My skin has never looked so good.

REVIEW: This is my first BB Cream & I had no idea what to expect. I'm a fair (NW15ish) Caucasian & I wasn't sure if this would work for me. The color is awesome, a neutral light beige that zaps the redness right out of my skin. This is pretty light stuff, so I'm not sure how it would blend on darker skin tones.
I have oily skin and apply this without a moisturizer underneath, and set with matte powder. I apply it thinly with a damp sponge for light coverage. As with anything on my face, I have to blot during the day, but this holds up well to blotting and re powdering. It looks fantastic. I don't use concealer, as I'm not going for a full flawless face with this product.

This (or a powder foundation) is my weekend makeup. Top it off with lipgoss and a coat of mascara and I look very natural, fresh and not heavily made up, but a huge improvement over my bare skin. I stick to heavier coverage, long wearing foundation/concealer for the workday.

The first time I used this, I put it over a moisturizer and put way too much bb cream on on. I looked like a clown wearing beige grease. It was awful!! The other mistake I made was setting this with a soft matte powder foundation instead of powder. It got greasy quickly on me and broke down.

I'm so impressed with the color & how good it looks on my skin. Definitely a repurchase.

edited for spelling

on 2/20/2011 1:47:00 AM

Be careful when purchasing this product. A lot of sites sell fake versions which will break you out heavily and will be a waste of money. If you would like to know where to get an authentic bottle shoot me a message.

Firstly, foundation does everything I want (and expected) it to do, but that I also have some criticism to point out about it..

The magic of bb cream is the makers found a way to create makeup which would oxidize to match the skin color correctly as opposed to buying foundation in your skin color and having it oxidize to an incorrect shade (ahem, American drugstore brands). That said, this product isn't going to be for everyone. BB creams are marketed for young "hip" asians who wish to achieve a porcelain skin dolled look and like most BB creams, Skin79's Hot Pink label only comes in one shade and it's really REALLY pale. Another note is that most bb creams I've seen in person are made for people with coolers tones which is curious because bb creams come from the Asian market and most Asians like myself have warm tones. Hmmm....

Aside from that I'm going to keep using it. I will repurchase but I also want to test other bb creams on the market. I only use a little bit to smooth out irregularities because I have pretty good skin. And I find after I use it that it gives my skin really good texture. And I really like that it gives me a natural and fresh face without being too dewy or too matte.

on 2/6/2011 1:55:00 PM

This is my first review for Makeup Alley, and I decided why not review the item that I was inspired to buy because of the reviews?

So, let me start out by saying, I am a hapa mix of Japanese and Irish--and I do tan/freckle like crazy, so my skin tone is veryyy uneven. Not to mention my face gets crazy red when I touch it too! So when I first tried on this foundation, I only needed to put on two layers which immediately evened out my skin tone and covered ALL of the redness. I also have acne prone skin (moderate to light acne) and this didn't clog my pores or break me out at all. I usually add a light layer of powder foundation and then I am good to go! The longevity of this product was fairly good, about 6 hours without touch ups.

Overall, good product! I docked it one lippy because its a tad lighter than my skin tone but otherwise, no one can tell I wear this!

on 2/6/2011 9:16:00 AM

I only bought this because it was in a Pink packaging! I like this bb cream the least out of my four. It works just like every other bb cream, and I just dont see anything special about it. Sometimes I would want to use it, but after applying, I dont seem to like the result so I would wash it off and redo my face rountine all over again with another bb cream or foundation!
This does brighten up my complexion for a good two hour, but it just oxidizes and make me look oily and dark (dark as in not enough sleep with dark cicrle around my whole face.) I mean if it was Tan. then I dont mind it!
the one thing I like about all bb creams is that it fills in my pores, like i have no visible pores! but then after a week or so, I get white heads all over my face! :/
to wash this stubborn thing off my face, I use my shu uemura cleansing oil, the brightening ex+(blue) for the winter, and refresh(pink) one for summer. after the cleansing oil, I use another cleanser... and I still get clogged pores from this...!!
too good to be true! lol

on 2/5/2011 10:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Pros:
I like how this BB Cream goes on smooth and a little goes a long way. It gives a flawless finish like liquid foundation but nothing too heavy. It also controls oil really well, even at the t-zone and gives a matte look without the need to blot. This is a feat and no product has done this for me before.

Cons:
It caused the other areas of my face to itch. The itching continues even after I wash it off. Also, the colour looks ashen grey and pale on my NC 25 skin.

on 1/19/2011 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I can see that many other reviewers like this product but I'm afraid I have a different point of view. Perhaps because my skin condition is worse than most of the other reviewers, but I find this BB cream as ineffective in covering my spots and evening out my skintone. It goes on grayish (VERY unflattering - looks ashen and like I'm about to die) and I admit that it does "change" color to match a little better but it's still kinda off. I'm Asian by the way, though not the usual porcelain princess you usually see, lol.

I also find that this rubs off WAYYY too easily. Even with a finishing powder on top, it leaves a splotch on my phone whenever i talk on it.

I understand that the BB creams are supposed to be for the no makeup look, but I find this heavier than my mineral make up. And it's nowhere near in coverage. Maybe it's just me, but due to the fact that it doesn't do what I want a tinted moisturizer/foundation to do, I will not be repurchasing.

The only reason I didn't give it lower is that I could see it possibly working for other people, but it really didn't work on me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials