on 4/5/2011 11:11:00 AM

I truly love this BB cream...I've heard about this from one of the YT gurus and was curious to try it out.

PROS
- good coverage, it does not cover all imperfections (like acne spots) but it does a good job to even out skin tone
- good oil control, like most foundations I had to blot around twice a day but this is good compared to others wherein I'm super oily after 1-2 hours
- does not break me out, and I feel that it helps improve my skin
- Pink packaging!!!!

CONS
- pricey, well with all the shipping cost
- hard to blend, you have to moisturize well or else you'll end up with patches. It looks grey at first but the color adapts to your skin
- I wish they will change the packaging as I cannot really see how much product is left inside and I don't want to actually open/destroy the packaging just to find out ;p

Definitely want to repurchase again. I compared this to the Dr Jart Silver label BB cream and I do prefer this one!

on 3/30/2011 8:16:00 PM

***UPDATE*** 8 monthes later, I'm not really using this anymore since I require something will a little more coverage and it was way too light for me during the summer, but I did use this continously for about 3-4 monthes last spring.

Check out my blog for a full review and comparion with the skin 79 oriental gold bb cream :)

Ive been using this product for about 2 weeks now and here are my thoughts :)
So far Im loving this product. It has AMAZING coverage for something that isnt a heavy coverage foundation. I do have alot of acne scarring and this covers alot of them. It does go on very grey but after a few moments it blends into your natural skintone - btw Im of a Ukrainian/German background, so rather fair** Its very natural, not exactly dewy, but it looks like skin but better. Moisturizing before application is beneficial.
What won me over is that the other day I was sitting in school eating my lunch when I caught a classmate staring at me, with an analyzing sort of expression on her face. She then complimented me on my SKIN, saying she couldnt believe how good it looks and how it has a glow to it.
This to someone like me, who has been through a continuous battle with acne for the past 2 + years, and am finally healing myself.... was the best compliment I could have gotten, it almost brought me to tears.
So far Im in love :)

on 3/30/2011 10:20:00 AM

review update. i last posted about this bb cream march 30 2011. it's now been 3 months since. i have medium/tan skin tone.

im LOVING it.

i have combination skin. oily on the t-zone and dry on the cheeks. my pores tend to get visible when the sebum gets out. yuck.
i am very prone to acne (t-zone area mostly) and very wary of products on my skin. i tried brtc jasmine ONCE and never again after the breakouts happened almost immediately. missha made my face SO oily you could practically see the whiteheads on my nose. super gross!

anyway, finally got skin79 3 months ago and it's been wonderful. just placed another order for this on ebay (check rubyrubyshop).

big note: make sure you cleanse and moisturize before putting the bb cream as well as wash the bb cream off before going to bed!

i used to pack on the foundation/powder and concealers. nowadays, it's just bb cream, touch of concealer and a dab of powder to even out the skintone. SO VERY LIGHT and i can really feel my skin breathing like im not even wearing any make-up on!

it's been hassle free and wonderful! a big rec to those who have the same skin type as myself.

on 3/24/2011 9:41:00 PM

I'd give this 3.5 lippies. I'm east asian with NC25 skin. I ordered some samples of this version (pink package) and a gold version, and found that the pink one is more natural looking. Compared to Hanskin Premium Magic BB Cream, I'd say this has less coverage, but is slightly less ashy (more natural). Trouble is, I think the coverage is a bit too light. There is a slight perfumy smell that goes away quickly, and I'm fairly sensitive to perfume. On the fence with this one.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just started using this BB cream about 2 weeks ago, I had ordered it online from Skin79's site. I absolutely love this stuff. I have combo skin, oily t-zone and normal cheeks. I apply this with my fingers after my moisturizer and find it blends perfectly and looks amazing! I do not find that it looks grey or causes any breakouts. It actually makes my skin look and feel like a million bucks. It does not dry me out, nor make my skin look too oily. I find because I am quite fair (Nars-Mont Blanc matches me perfectly), I find that it oxidizes great with my natural skin tone. My boyfriend compliments me a lot when I wear this BB cream as it looks very natural and is a great cross between a slightly dewy and slightly matte look. I <3 it!!

My only complaints are that it is not available in Canada (at least not where I am from) and I have to order it online. Also, I would love if the bottle had a lid somehow so that the spout isn't exposed all the time.

on 3/9/2011 7:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is the first BB cream I've ever used, and I guess it's just alright. It's REALLY thick, so you'd think there will be a lot of coverage, but no :|
I don't know why, but it has a greyish tone to it no matter how long I wait.
Meh. Not that worth it for the price.

on 3/9/2011 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I may revisit this if it's not the case but I believe this product is breaking me out. (it's between this and a couple of other new products that could be doing it) I'll be kind of upset if it is this because I do like the coverage and like applying this to my T-zone where it's more oily.

on 3/3/2011 1:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

UPDATE: Still love this. I am experimenting with lighter TMs for summer, but I will be back to this in the fall.

UPDATE: Still my favorite. I wear this often and top with matte pressed powder on th t-zone. I love the finish and coverage. Awesome for days out in the sun. Not having to apply a seperate SPF cream is priceless!!! My skin has never looked so good.

REVIEW: This is my first BB Cream & I had no idea what to expect. I'm a fair (NW15ish) Caucasian & I wasn't sure if this would work for me. The color is awesome, a neutral light beige that zaps the redness right out of my skin. This is pretty light stuff, so I'm not sure how it would blend on darker skin tones.
I have oily skin and apply this without a moisturizer underneath, and set with matte powder. I apply it thinly with a damp sponge for light coverage. As with anything on my face, I have to blot during the day, but this holds up well to blotting and re powdering. It looks fantastic. I don't use concealer, as I'm not going for a full flawless face with this product.

This (or a powder foundation) is my weekend makeup. Top it off with lipgoss and a coat of mascara and I look very natural, fresh and not heavily made up, but a huge improvement over my bare skin. I stick to heavier coverage, long wearing foundation/concealer for the workday.

The first time I used this, I put it over a moisturizer and put way too much bb cream on on. I looked like a clown wearing beige grease. It was awful!! The other mistake I made was setting this with a soft matte powder foundation instead of powder. It got greasy quickly on me and broke down.

I'm so impressed with the color & how good it looks on my skin. Definitely a repurchase.

edited for spelling

on 2/20/2011 1:47:00 AM

Be careful when purchasing this product. A lot of sites sell fake versions which will break you out heavily and will be a waste of money. If you would like to know where to get an authentic bottle shoot me a message.

Firstly, foundation does everything I want (and expected) it to do, but that I also have some criticism to point out about it..

The magic of bb cream is the makers found a way to create makeup which would oxidize to match the skin color correctly as opposed to buying foundation in your skin color and having it oxidize to an incorrect shade (ahem, American drugstore brands). That said, this product isn't going to be for everyone. BB creams are marketed for young "hip" asians who wish to achieve a porcelain skin dolled look and like most BB creams, Skin79's Hot Pink label only comes in one shade and it's really REALLY pale. Another note is that most bb creams I've seen in person are made for people with coolers tones which is curious because bb creams come from the Asian market and most Asians like myself have warm tones. Hmmm....

Aside from that I'm going to keep using it. I will repurchase but I also want to test other bb creams on the market. I only use a little bit to smooth out irregularities because I have pretty good skin. And I find after I use it that it gives my skin really good texture. And I really like that it gives me a natural and fresh face without being too dewy or too matte.

on 2/6/2011 1:55:00 PM

This is my first review for Makeup Alley, and I decided why not review the item that I was inspired to buy because of the reviews?

So, let me start out by saying, I am a hapa mix of Japanese and Irish--and I do tan/freckle like crazy, so my skin tone is veryyy uneven. Not to mention my face gets crazy red when I touch it too! So when I first tried on this foundation, I only needed to put on two layers which immediately evened out my skin tone and covered ALL of the redness. I also have acne prone skin (moderate to light acne) and this didn't clog my pores or break me out at all. I usually add a light layer of powder foundation and then I am good to go! The longevity of this product was fairly good, about 6 hours without touch ups.

Overall, good product! I docked it one lippy because its a tad lighter than my skin tone but otherwise, no one can tell I wear this!

Video Reviews & Tutorials