October 1, 2014 | 1744 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2011 1:30:00 AM More reviews by pinkpirate

This didn't do a single thing for my face!
I'm very good about cleansing my skin thoroughly, and toning and exfoliating as needed, so all of that talk about how much "gunk" people find on their Clarisonic brushes is totally beyond me. It's all hype!
That said, though, if you don't have a good habit of cleaning your face and removing your makeup thoroughly, I can see how it may be a good enhancement to your routine. Is it the miracle too that the makers of Clarisonic and many reviewers claim it to be? Absolutely not! You can make a habit of cleaning your face more thoroughly every day, which only takes a bit more of your time.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by LynOlivia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love my MIA ! I have fairly dry, flaky skin. For a long time, my skin would peel off all the time, especially around my nose, yuck. I used to use the st. Ive's exfoliating scrub but my skin would still act the same way. I had also noticed a few blackheads on my nose.

I had been eyeing the mia for a while, and decided to just do it. I am so glad that I did ! Most people who use this have oilier skin types, but this thing is a miracle worker for dry skinned ladies too! My skin no longer peels off, and my pores are very unnoticeable ! YAY MIA ! (:

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 12:53:00 PM More reviews by lemon_tree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I got the Mia for Christmas and have been using it for about a week. I was SO excited to get it. I had been eying it and reading reviews on it for like 6 months, and I had a gift card so I bit the bullet and bought it. I am so happy I did! I know it's only been a week but already I feel like this was a good investment and something I'll be using as part of my daily beauty routine. My skin is so smooth and my moisturizer absorbs much better. I only need a little bit now. It's helped to even out my skin tone- ive had redness on my cheeks forever and my skin is definitely less red and more glowing and luminous. I'm able to use less foundation and concealer. My skin has always been pretty good, no crazy breakouts, ocasional pimple here and there, some blackheads around nose, but skin tone isn't the best. Maybe the clarisonic helps blood flow to the skin or something? For price i rated it a 4 because even tho i would say this is crazy expensive, it IS and investment and considering how much use i'll get out of every day, i think its worth it for me.
I've heard a purging phase is common but haven't seen anything yet, fingers crossed, tho it has only been a week. One thing I would suggest if you're worried about this irritating your skin is getting the delicate brush head (I know its another $25 but I really didn't want to freak out my skin) and using that first (it's their most gentle brush) and using a cream/milk cleanser (I love ren hydra calm cleanser, works perfectly!). Then, of that's too gentle you can work your way up to more rigorous brushes and cleansers till you find a combo that works for you. That way you can ease your skin into it and maybe less of a chance of irritating your skin. Overall, an excellent product worth trying out (the 30 day guarantee helped convince me to try it) and I would repurchase. I love using it and look forward to washing my face every night! It feels amazing too, like a massage for your face, really relaxing. As part of my "research" when I was considering buying it I watched some YouTube videos to see it in action and it was funny how in almost all the vids the girls' faces would go slack and totally relaxed looking when they started using it. Lol. Oh and I use it only at night, not morning and night. Another precaution on my part to ease my skin into it. I feel like I don't need to use it in the morning because I just woke up and no makeup, so my skin I figure is pretty clean. Plus my skin is dry in the winter and I don't want to peel off too many layers of skin by using the Mia too much. Your skin is a protection layer after all! UPDATE 1/8/12: I still love my Mia and use it every night! It's improved my skin for sure and I never want to be without it. And no purging still (so far!). I highly recommend starting out with the delicate brush head.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 1:37:00 AM More reviews by constantonian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has made such a huge difference in my skin over time. It's no miracle device that's going to give you amazing skin in a week, but I have seen noticeable and impressive results when in used in conjunction it's a good skincare regimen. I get better results with the normal brush head as I feel that the sensitive one is too soft and not as effective in giving a deep cleanse and exfoliation. Theres a notable difference in my skin texture when I don't use this tool. My pores feel clogged and I just feel like there's a layer of dead skin. Even though I remove my makeup before cleansing, I still see residual dirt and color on the brush head. Since this provides a thorough clean every night, I feel like my skin care products soak in better and are more effective.

This is definitely an investment, but I highly highly recommend it to those who are serious about skincare.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 12:19:00 AM More reviews by bubblegumpoo

This is a great product that really "cleans" your face. My face has never felt this clean before so I'm totally loving it! I will say though, that this is no miracle worker for ALL skin types. If you have acne/blackheads/big pores caused by residue/oil build-up, this may do wonders for your skin. However, if you suffer from acne orother skin problem arising from hormones, stress, etc. this will probably do nothing for you. I fall into the first category, which is why I totally love Mia. I had to pay a whopping $170 for the Mia and additional brush heads becuase I live in Korea (which does make me a bit bitter) but overall, a big two thumbs up to this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Amulf

I've had the pink Mia for about a year now. I bought it just after last Christmas because I had a gift card, and I have to say, if I had spent my own money on this I would be upset. I feel like for my skin (combination, somewhat acne prone), it really doesn't do anything that my fingers don't. It's nice, yes. It's convinient, yes. But I haven't noticed an improvement in my skin because of this product. If your on a budget and were thinking about splurging on this product, I would think twice. That being said, I don't dislike the product, but for the price it's not giving me big enough results.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 7:34:00 AM More reviews by Annabanana91

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Okay, so I just got this on Christmas (the purple one!) and I've used it once every day, because I heard its not good to use it too much, but I plan on using it twice a day after my skin is more used to it. So far my skin's texture has greatly improved. I used to have really dry skin and I'd use two moisturizers daily (Cetaphil and Neutrogena). I had also been putting 10% benzoyl peroxide on my face every night, but it was dry before I started doing that. Anyway, now I only have to use one moisturizer (Cetaphil) and it goes on so smoothly and sinks in instantly. I use the Clarisonic gentle cleanser that came with it, and I like it. Also, I definitely AM experiencing purging. I used to only get red bumps on my face, and now I am getting small white head pimples. I heard this is normal, and I'm going to keep using it. I will be updating every one or two weeks so I can document any progress.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I debated on purchasing a Clarisonic for about 2 years. I have pretty "good" skin with no real issues, and I couldn't justify a $150 face brush, even though I am a product whore and I wanted it. I bought the Olay $30 version, used it for a month as a trial, and decided to bite the bullet & just buy the Clarisonic. I bought the Mia2 for $150 at Sephora, which is a newer version of the Mia with 2 speeds and a travel case. So far, I am in *love.* It is a totally different brush than the Olay, which basically rotates and exfoliates. The Mia vibrates with sonic action, similar to the sonicare toothbrushes, or pro jewelry cleaners. Because of this, the cleansing action is entirely different. It cleanses much better and decongests pores. I do find that it provides mild exfoliation as a side bonus. My skin is insanely smooth after each use, but it doesn't feel stripped or exfoliated down. I use mine with Lacura hydrating cleanser ($3 from Aldi). My skin tends to be dry, and the Clarisonic really amplifies whatever cleanser you're using, so I need something really gentle & hydrating to use with this. Philosophy Purity was recommended to me by the Sephora SA, but I tried it and found it too drying/harsh with the Clarisonic. It doesn't feel like much is happening when you're using it, but I was shocked at how smooth my makeup went on and how much better my products absorbed after using the Mia. Again, my skin was pretty nice to begin with, so I was not expecting much, but I can see benefits already from using this brush. I am excited to keep using this and I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by StephanieKC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this a month ago and I have used it every day. I really saw no improvements right away, but after a month I can say that I love the effect it has had on my skin. I have extremely fair skin with large pores and dark sebum plugs on my nose and chin. I have always noticed that after cleansing, my pores look smaller with less sebum, but that the look faded after about an hour. Using the Mia2, my pores STAY smaller all day. With no make-up on, my face looks the same at the end of the day as it did right after cleansing. I break out far less, and have fewer lines as well. Overall, I love this product and highly recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by TraciLeigh

Love, love, love!!! I'm so glad I purchased this finally. I kept going back and forth because it is fairly expensive but then I thought about how easily i'll drop $80 on a facial so I decided to give this a go and cut back on the facials. I can see this saving me a ton of money in the future. My skin is so soft after using the Mia. The SA told me that it would be perfect for my skin and that I didn't need the more expensive one bc it is more for body acne which I don't have. I highly recommend this. Plus, I had a 20% off coupon at Ulta!!