November 24, 2014 | 1988 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2008 12:37:00 AM More reviews by jebaca

I think success with this product really depends on your skin type. My skin is very oily and not usually sensitive. Therefore this product works great for me. I've been using it about two months now everyday and I've noticed that my breakouts are minimized (knock on wood!) and I'm not prone to hormonal acne anymore. However I would only recommend this to people who have very oily skin or at least have combination skin. Anyone with normal, dry or sensitive skin would probably not have success with this product.

As for cleansing efficiency....I find this works well for taking off my makeup, but I do use a separate eye makeup remover because I definitely wouldn't want to get this in my eyes (This has salicylic acid in it.).

This is probably one of the best cleansers I've found for my skin type so far. I'm hoping my skin still reacts well to this cleanser come winter time when my skin is less oily. I'll update if anything changes. Just wish I had tried this sooner!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

It's a classic. I had stopped using it and just came back to once a day or less. It clearly says on the label that if you get reactions like dryness or peeling, use it less and work your way up. This wash works, and I can already see blemishes going away. Yes, it will make skin feel tight or dry if you use it too much. I also use the Acne stress control 3 in 1 treatment, but lightly. You get acne from either hormones or clogged pores. There are other skin conditions that look like acne but are not. Everyone should go to a dermatologist, not a general doctor for a skincare diagnosis. That way you will know what you have and how to treat it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by MissHippo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is very drying and harsh. After using it for about a week a red and ichy rash formed around my mouth area. I would recommend something a little more gentle on the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2008 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Cwish

I've been using this for about 2 years now, and overall, I think the product is okay. My doctor recommended it for me, since I had a lot of acne at the time. My skin wasn't that oily though. After I finished using it, my skin would be all tight and dry, so I moisterize it with the moisturizing lotion from Nutraderm. And then my face feels really clean, and soft. It somewhat helps with acne, not completely, but it's enough for me. I mean it doesn't make my breakouts totally disappear, but it minimizes them, so I guess it helps..in a way. I would recommend this, just give it a try. If you don't like it I'm sure you can always take it back. ^^

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by trendoid

I have been using this cleanser for about three years, since my dermatologist first recommended it to me. I really like it and think the SA in it is very beneficial. The cream version is better for traveling and skin that is drier. I would not use it without removing all my makeup first, however, because it cannot do that. I don't think you should expect that from an anti-acne cleanser though. You should be vigilant about keeping your pores clear.

I took one lippie off because I do still have some acne

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2008 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Dancergirlxx

This is the worst cleanser I have ever used, my skin broke out in an itchy rash it felt rough to touch with tiny bumps all over.
I believe it has cheap ingredients and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by madcancer7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I like this product. Its too harsh to use on my face but I don't need to anywaya because I don't have any more acne on my face. I use this on my back because I have some mild acne on my back and it worked! My back is clear thanks to this product and topical antibiotic from my dermatologist.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2008 8:33:00 AM More reviews by emrivera

I tried this wash thinking it would cure me of my persistant acne, it just ended up irritating my skin and I broke out in a rash-like acne on the sides of my face and chin after a few days of use. It took a while to calm my skin down and get rid of the acne. Neutrogena makes a lot of great products, but this one definitely didn't help me. Too irritating!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by tiffeey

This wash is great. I've been using it since I was 14 years old and barely get pimples or breakouts. You gotta give this cheapy wash a shot! It does take off makeup like a miracle so say goodbye to raccoon face and take off all that foundation! I also find this wash very versatile because my boyfriend loves to use it too and it's a great balance for our skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by lisagibb

I love this face wash! It takes off all of my makeup without a struggle and leaves my face feeling clean. It's not drying, I usually forget to put on moisturizer because it feels so good. Smell is okay, I really am more concerned with the fact that it's so great at taking off makeup! Finally, this stuff is cheap. This is my favorite cleanser.