January 30, 2015 | 1832 users online

Brows - E.L.F. - Eyebrow Kit

rated 3 of 5 on 6/29/2010 4:04:00 AM More reviews by bawangbieji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As long as E.l.f. doesn't come up with a grayish dark tone for this product, I won't be buying it again. Not every lady has eyebrows in a shade of brown. The tiny brush that comes along with it is also of bad quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2010 5:21:00 PM More reviews by soiia

Ah, this thing is no good for me. Perhaps, it's because I'm Asian and the colour is just way too brown that it looks so unnatural on me.

The WAX doesn't really have a colour when applied (except if you're caking your eyebrow with the wax), so it is good enough. A little bit is enough to set the powder afterward. That's the good part.

But then, when you add the POWDER, that looks a lot less brown than the wax, the colour goes off-court. The result came out to be a lot more brown than my eyeshadow -.- and needless to say, this is no good.

I don't know if e.l.f sells this in other tone (hopefully a lot more gray), because the texture is nice, but it's just the colour that is so off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2010 9:59:00 AM More reviews by brokentyrant

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This color matches my brows well. Don't love the brush that comes with it.

Applying it can be different. You do need to really work it in to make sure it is natural, but it definitely looks natural.

Neither the gel or powder was dry or heavy.

This stuff will get any stray hairs, so make sure any hair out of place is gone, or it will show.

As for staying power, I don't know yet.

Overall it's ok, but isn't the funnest to apply.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2010 4:09:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

This is a great little eyebrow kit. I decided to give it a try after watching a Youtube review by YayaLifestyle.

I bought the kit in "Ash," as recommended by Yaya since we have similar hair color. We're both Asian with yellow skin undertones and dark brown hair. The "Ash" kit looks quite light in the palette, but when you combine the wax and powder, it darkens quite nicely without looking too warm or red.

The kit comes in a sleek matte black plastic case. On the left side is the wax, on the right is the powder. It also comes with a two-sided brush; a stiff angled brush to apply the wax and a softer wider brush to apply the powder. They both have a pretty good consistency. The wax isn't too stiff or too goopy. It glides onto the hairs pretty well, and the powder isn't too loose or messy. The wax helps tame unruly hairs while also providing a surface for the powder to stick to.

If you're interested in giving brow powders a try, this is a good kit to start with. It's only $3, but you can usually find ELF coupons to use on the website (I've gotten $5 off on all of my online purchases for the past few months!).

Inexpensive, easy to use, convenient, great quality. Highly recommended!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2010 6:33:00 PM More reviews by bunnywinks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this is a good product but it isn't for me. My eyebrows are quite dark compared to my hair colour. They are like a medium brown colour with light bits of blond stuck in there...anyways I found this product to kind of turn them a little reddish. I bought the light coloured kit but I don't know why they look like that. It's probably just my brows and the colours in there. I would buy this again if the colour fit. The packaging is really nice, comes in a little case with a mirror and such, the make up is smooth and creamy, it goes on well. I paid 5$ for it at Winners which says it normally goes for $10 so the price was okay. Although I did look and online at the e.l.f. website and they list it as $3! (Kind of annoying) Also they don't test on animals, which I think is pretty awesome considering the price. Too bad it wasn't for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2010 12:35:00 PM More reviews by vietcouture

I found this product at Winners here in Canada, it's like a TJ Max or Marshalls in the US. I found it for 4.99. Not a bad price still, they had only the shade light, but i didnt think it would be a problem. I'm asian with BLACK eyebrow hairs, so i was still skeptical. MY GOD, it worked with my hairs so nicely!!! The wax itself is dark, but when i put the light powder on top, it gets darker, and I even use the double sided brush that it comes with and it still looks AMAZING, i love this product sooo much!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2010 12:22:00 PM More reviews by bih80

I'm seriously addicted to this product. For my skin and my hair color it works like a dream. I have been using it nonstop since I got it and I plan to get a new one once I run out. I really only use the powder section for my brows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2010 12:04:00 PM More reviews by Blackrosesyellow

I've got black haired eyebrows, but they are not dense so filling them in with dark product only makes them look fake and manly. I have this in Medium. This product has a gel and a powder. The gel is a dark neutral brown and the powder is slightly lighter and more red. It is easy to apply (with an angled brush, since I think the included one is useless) and stays on all day. I like the soft look these shades give. They really do look defined and natural. I like the sleek packaging too. The only problem I have is that the powder is really soft and a little piece cracks off every time I open or close the compact.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/30/2010 9:35:00 PM More reviews by cinnamin2

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i have black eyebrows the gel s decent colorwise, it blend in more, i haven't noticed any "holding" capabilities" but its great to line the inderside of your eyebrows to give them a definite shape and neat appearance and looks a lot better on my eyebrows than the powder, the powder is noticible and does not blend in with my hair color at all nor does it look natural and i got t in DARK, i could see this being a lifesaver if it matched my actual color but for now its a 2. the packaging is uber cute and the bus that comes with is actually very useful and high quality in my book!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by rocknrolljane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I cannot rave enough about this product! It is a must for those of us with thick, unruly eyebrows. Even though I tweeze and do my best to help the appearance of my eyebrows, hairs tend to become out of place by the end of the day. The gel side of this duo keeps them smooth and gives them shape. The powder, if applied lightly, looks natural.

It is a bit on the red side of brown, but I think that E.L.F. has come out with a new ash shade so that might help people who don't have reddish brown/red hair like me. I also must add, I love the brush that comes with it. Unlike most of the cheap brushes that come with most E.L.F. products, this is actually great quality and very portable for on the go. The only negative I can really think of is that the powder side broke on me before I was able to finish using the product, otherwise it would have lasted me forever!