October 1, 2014 | 1943 users online

Brows - E.L.F. - Eyebrow Kit

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2009 4:35:00 AM More reviews by zoidal123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've always used pencils on my brows but found it really difficult to get a consistently natural effect. I thought I'd give this a shot as I'd been told that waxes and powders were easier to work with. I love it. It's super easy to apply and lasts all day. I usually just use the wax day-to-day as I find it has enough pigmentation on it's own, but if I'm doing a more intense makeup look for a night out I go over with a light dusting of the powder. Great product, great packaging, great price. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Rockabillygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I brought the darkest that was offered. It works really good! It comes with the wax and the powder and the tiny brush applicator! This set reminds me of the Benefit Brow-zing, but for a way cheaper price.I really like it i always get complements on my eyebrows.I owe it to this little kit! Since my eye brows are really messed up i will have to buy this product again!! It is only 3.00 and it is 3.00 well spend!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Paris334

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a nice product. I can't get over how nice most ELF products are for their price! This includes a dark wax (I believe mine is in the dark color) which fills in well but I find that the shadow alone is enough for me. The shadow/powder included does seem a bit light for being a dark kit and it's quite a bit lighter than the dark wax. But it blends well and looks good. And, again - you cannot go wrong for the price. Also - it's one of the few products that I use the brush they provide - the little double-ended brush seems perfectly adequate to me for what I want it to do.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by sah125

Wow. What a great product for the price! I got this during the 50% off studio line promotion and I do not regret purchasing this at all. The textures of the wax and powder are great and pigmented as well. I got this in the medium and it is perfect for filling in my brown eyebrows. It leaves my eyebrows looking soft and not harsh. The only downside is the brush that comes with it. It's a little too small for my liking but it's doable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is pretty good. I like the wax especially, and the brush I think is quite effective. I have the medium shade (my brows are pretty dark, even though my hair is fair), and the wax blends in nicely. I find the powder a bit too reddish; I would have preferred a cooler, more greyish brown. This is handy little kit though, and its effects lasted all day, which I was quite pleased with. However...

When this arived in the post, a little chunk of the powder had broken off already. I thought nothing of it, but after a week or so of use, I opened it one morning (bearing in mind that this is kept in my make-up drawer and not carried around or anything) and it had completely shattered. Now it's so messy and irritating, which is why I wouldn't repurchase.

Also, although this is good value, I don't understand why the exact same products from the E.L.F Studio range are $3 in the US and 3.50 in the UK (which works out at $5.69). I know it's still cheap, and make-up is generally more expensive here, but this is a brand whose whole USP is to do with amazing value and I think they could do a bit better where price is concerned.

Overall, this is quite a nice product, and I can't go lower than 3 lippies because I use it every day, but I will look for a different one (which hopefully won't shatter within a week) next time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 11:02:00 AM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an OK eyebrow kit and it does what it says it does. Personally, I had problems applying the wax part of this duo, however, for the price you can't beat it, but I will not repurchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2009 12:18:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm olive tone and the darkest color is still too light.....but the wax and the brush ist the best I've ever used!.....I use MAC eyeshadow in Mysterious for my eyebrows instead but the wax really holds the color and the brush creates really full eyebrows (my eyebrows are very sparse and thin and I hate think eyebrows!). I will definitely stock up on this product!....and it's only $3!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/9/2009 3:24:00 PM More reviews by misscolette

This is a great product, but doesn't work for Asian girls! NC 20 for reference. The brow gel was more on the reddish side and my hair is a darker brown. I bought medium and it would have been the right brown but the reddish undertone just didn't work for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by divadenah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Little things like this is what we need especially for cheap. Don't you hate that you have need brow pencils, eyeliners, primers, bases, and things liek that, and you have to spend a fortune, but this does not do the job for me. I can be in public and look in the mirrow and notice some of my drawing is gone. I be so embarrassed.
So I found out that this is a good for "just filling in the brows" but if you have sparse hairs or no hairs, don't even think about it!!! Its not gonna happen!! It easily rubs off it you don't have any hair on at the edge of your arch. I went out and tried Mac brow pencil in Spiked. And it is way better. I still hate paying the 14.00 for mac brow pencil, but its way better, and better than paying 29.00 for UD brow box. I will not be buying this again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 10:57:00 AM More reviews by mrsleonidas

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well ELF has surprised me again...not only do I love their studio flat top and complexion brushes...but I LOVE THIS EYE BROW KIT!

These both go on so perfect and smooth.

Looks natural

Medium is perfect for my light brown hair, brown eyes and fair complexion.

This is a replica for the most loved high priced famous named company! It really works great. The wax is so smooth and the powder is wonderful. This really holds all day and night. Even the morning after a big night out it looks great!

So cheap and awesome.

I use my own name brand brush...but who uses the brush most make-ups come with anyways.

Use a 50% off code.....
We all need to save money in this economy.
Though, too bad not all the products are made here...well at least I don't think so. I know the company is based out of N.Y though so... yay on that!