April 23, 2014 | 1993 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

As a primer, this is probably my favorite. I was using The Present by Philosophy before, and I found it made my liquid foundation streak and I could never blend it properly. This makes my foundation not only last, but look amazing! I do still get oily, and I blot several times throughout the day but I hardly care about that when my makeup looks so natural and smooth. I'm almost out so I'm going to buy more today :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 11:15:00 AM More reviews by pinkydinkydo

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just bought this about a week ago. Now, my skin is ultra-sensitive. So I used just a teensy bit of this, like the size of a baby's fingernail, mixed with my Kinerase SPF 30. And voila, my makeup stays on and no irritation. Amazing. It was only about $7-12, can't remember, less crap in it than cosmetic 'cones - no perfume, thank God. Definitely worth a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2009 12:02:00 AM More reviews by rockinmommy42528

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This works as a great makeup primer, but I begin to break out all over my face! I'm in my mid-twenties and haven't dealt with breakouts since I was 16. I was so disappointed! I religiously wash my face every night so it wasn't sitting on my face all night and this is the only new product I began using.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2009 10:21:00 AM More reviews by bluesuze

I thought this would be a nice, inexpensive primer for my face. It does go on nice and has a beautiful finish, but after two days, I began to get huge zits on my forehead, and I never break out there. So if you are oily and acne prone, beware. This is one MUA approved item that I have to give a big thumbs down.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by buggyness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This just didn't work for me. I had high hopes of it keeping my oilies at bay and my mineral makeup looking great. It just didn't do ANYTHING. I didn't break out but it did make my face feel more greasy. It did work fabulous at what it was intended for-bikini area chaffing. Will take this to the beach with me, but probably won't buy again.

Edit: I went back to trying this on my face again. Although it doesn't work when used all over my face, it really does work as an amazing eyelid primer. I started applying it just on my upper and lower eyelids and not only does it hold the shadow on all day for me, but also the undereye concealer I use-it doesn't crease or cake. I'm still not 100% on this, but at least I'm getting some more use out of it. Raisedit from 1-3 lippies.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2009 9:09:00 PM More reviews by scarlettbegonia

I love using this as a primer. Been using it for around 6 months...just about the time my sister started telling me how good my foundation looks! It doesn't cause me to break out...but I am really into cleaning my makeup off when I get home and using masks and scrubs to clean out my pores.

UPDATE 09/20/09
I realized that I don't like this product as much as I thought I did. Once I went back to work (stay at home mom for years), I really saw that this product doesn't make my make-up stay on longer. I don't feel like it gives me any benefits that would make me buy it again. Does anyone know of an awesome primer? I really really want one, but they all seem to suck.

New update..Jan 2010...This actually works great under my new mineral foundation. I think it was the foundation I was using that I hated so much!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by LAURANRENAE

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

LOVE it. Works great to keep my makeup on all day. I look in the mirror from time to time for a usual touchup, only to find I don't need one! A must try! My HG primer! No more shine!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2009 5:49:00 PM More reviews by xperfume

I have found this at my local Wal-Mart and bought it to try as a foundation primer for my oily skin. Unfortunately, after a week of using it on my t-zone before my mineral foundation it broke me out everywhere with white heads :( After only two days I noticed some zits on the side of my nose/cheeks and thought it was hormonal but it only got worse as the days went. So today I didn't use it in the hopes of clearing my skin.. I'm so disapointed I wished it would have been great primer. Also I didn't like the feeling it leaves on your fingers after applying it. Anyway I will use the rest of the tube as chafing protection for bikini shaving! It's not a total waste :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2009 12:12:00 PM More reviews by Leslies18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE THIS!!!!!
It is just like..if not better..than the Sephora primer that I used. HUGE plus is that it costs so much less. Makes my face so smooth and helps my foundation to go on so smoothly and stay on. So glad I found this tip!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2009 12:42:00 AM More reviews by CherryCupcake

Today I applied this under my Studio Fix Fluid foundation. It went on so silky and made my skin look matte instantly. However, at the end of the day even though my skin looked matte it felt greasy. I felt like it did not allow my skin to breathe. I would rather suffer with a shiny face than suffocate my skin with product. Suffocated skin is bad news. I will probably use this again on certain occasions (like when I know I'll be photographed , I hate having a shiny face pictures!) but, I definitely won't be using this on daily basis.