October 31, 2014 | 1412 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Gr4phicTwi5t

I have never used a eyeshadow primer before and I've been thoroughly impressed over the last two weeks of usage. This color completely evens out my eyelid so there is a matte base on which to apply eyeshadow. But, the best part of it is the lack of creasing! I mean all day long! Impressive - I apply makeup at 6:15am and at 8pm, there are still no creases and my eyeshadow is still holding strong. I LOVE this product and will buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by 1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Just too darn pink for my taste. I am NW20 and work to take the pink out of my eye socket/lid area. Why on earth would I want to add this much pink back in. Yes it evens out skin tone, but I want my lids to match the rest of my face as a starting point. If you prefer a Shroom or simple beige/skin color as a base, this is NOT for you. Bare Study is gorgeous, but way too shimmery. I guess I will try Soft Ochre next.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

UPDATE: Ok, so I've kept trying to work with this and I think I finally have an idea on how to apply without being cakey. I have to use the smallest amount on my finger and blend in very quickly.

I really wanted this to work for me, but I don't care for the consistency of this product. I've tried applying this in a light layer with my fingers and with a couple types of brushes, but every time it comes out really cakey and makes my eyeshadow look horrible. I also noticed that it's drying out and I've only had it for maybe 2 months. I'm going to stick with UDPP or ELF mineral primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 11:22:00 AM More reviews by glowww333

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love to have a matte base and this one is perfect. I really love it more than UDPP because it has a nice creamy finish and it make for a flawless base. I have allergies and it was a lifesaver when priming my inflamed lid. I just love this one, aaand, it could also be used as an all over shadow with a medium-brown in the V. Highly recommended if you like that classy matte look. Oh, almost forgot: I really think it makes colors look better on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 4:40:00 AM More reviews by citysnob

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is amazing, its a skin color base, and unlike primer potion, it evens out my skin tone on my eye lids, and just makes the color pop and stay without creasing all day. Loveee it

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by heyyybubbie

This is my number one must have for doing make on myself or others. It's been over a year and I'm just now running out even though I use it every day and have used it multiple times on friends and clients. I hate Too Faced Shadow Insurance because it feels oily and runny and Urban Decay Primer Potion isn't a very large amount and gets absorbed quickly into my fingers when I apply it without a brush. This paint pot is creamy and almost waxy I want to say. But in a very very good way. It has full coverage for discoloration and stays all day long for me. I have somewhat oily eyelids and when I do my make up at around 8pm to go out I can pass out at 3am without washing my face (horrible, I know) and still wake up at noon the next day with my eyeshadow perfectly set. I'm going to repurchase this every time and pray to God it never gets discontinued. $16.50 for a years worth of amazing primer? It doesn't get better than that.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by oodlesofnoodles

I recently got Painterly for my birthday along with Rubenesque and Indianwood. I adore it - I use this almost every day swapping between the three however due to it's neutral colouring, I naturally gravitate towards this for most of my looks.

I find, on me, it works well to even out my naturally veiny eye lids as well as to act as a base for shadows. However, on my unnaturally oily lids, this does not work as a primer - for normal people or people with not a hugh amount of oiliness on the lids, I'm sure this would be fine. But for this reason, I drop a lippy.

I think it's around average at price for a base/primer, and although the packaging can lead to drying out, this doesn't necessarily happen with great care and correct storage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use Painterly almost every day. I've tried Bare Study (not as smooth and a bit too glittery) and Soft Ochre but Painterly is the best bet for me. I love that it evens out the colour on my lids (I have a bit of blue showing in spots) and also keeps my shadow fresh and in place, without creasing, for 8 hours or more. It provides a perfect blank canvas for other shadows and it looks terrific on its own, perhaps with a bit of liner, on days when I want to look polished and finished but still natural. My only complaint would be the packaging. I haven't had mine dry up yet (and I've had it for 2 years or so) but I do fear it happening, as I know others have experienced this. I used to use Urban Decay Primer Potion and still do on occasion because it gives even better lasting power but it doesn't even out the colour on my lids like Painterly does.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Claudineaimee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I dont know how i lived without this little pot :) i dont know how many ive already bought but its the only Paintpot i couldnt live without. Its my HG Eyeshadow Base.
I use this all over my Lid up to my brow bone ...a thin layer is enough to even out my Lid and prepare it for color with Painterly my shadow stays put all day....no creasing on my Lids. Love

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by KatrinTreichel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have had this product for about 7 months and im sure it will last me for the rest of the year. i really love it i apply it from my lid to my brow all over no matter what just to even out the lid im NW20 and its a little to light for me right now (summer tan) but it doesnt look bad.some people say its thick i dont see that but who know mine has dried a little so its the first think i apply after i have washed my face so that my eyelids are a little wet it smooths out great theN!! :)