September 18, 2014 | 2056 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Painterly

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by heyyybubbie

This is my number one must have for doing make on myself or others. It's been over a year and I'm just now running out even though I use it every day and have used it multiple times on friends and clients. I hate Too Faced Shadow Insurance because it feels oily and runny and Urban Decay Primer Potion isn't a very large amount and gets absorbed quickly into my fingers when I apply it without a brush. This paint pot is creamy and almost waxy I want to say. But in a very very good way. It has full coverage for discoloration and stays all day long for me. I have somewhat oily eyelids and when I do my make up at around 8pm to go out I can pass out at 3am without washing my face (horrible, I know) and still wake up at noon the next day with my eyeshadow perfectly set. I'm going to repurchase this every time and pray to God it never gets discontinued. $16.50 for a years worth of amazing primer? It doesn't get better than that.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by oodlesofnoodles

I recently got Painterly for my birthday along with Rubenesque and Indianwood. I adore it - I use this almost every day swapping between the three however due to it's neutral colouring, I naturally gravitate towards this for most of my looks.

I find, on me, it works well to even out my naturally veiny eye lids as well as to act as a base for shadows. However, on my unnaturally oily lids, this does not work as a primer - for normal people or people with not a hugh amount of oiliness on the lids, I'm sure this would be fine. But for this reason, I drop a lippy.

I think it's around average at price for a base/primer, and although the packaging can lead to drying out, this doesn't necessarily happen with great care and correct storage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 12:13:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use Painterly almost every day. I've tried Bare Study (not as smooth and a bit too glittery) and Soft Ochre but Painterly is the best bet for me. I love that it evens out the colour on my lids (I have a bit of blue showing in spots) and also keeps my shadow fresh and in place, without creasing, for 8 hours or more. It provides a perfect blank canvas for other shadows and it looks terrific on its own, perhaps with a bit of liner, on days when I want to look polished and finished but still natural. My only complaint would be the packaging. I haven't had mine dry up yet (and I've had it for 2 years or so) but I do fear it happening, as I know others have experienced this. I used to use Urban Decay Primer Potion and still do on occasion because it gives even better lasting power but it doesn't even out the colour on my lids like Painterly does.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Claudineaimee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I dont know how i lived without this little pot :) i dont know how many ive already bought but its the only Paintpot i couldnt live without. Its my HG Eyeshadow Base.
I use this all over my Lid up to my brow bone ...a thin layer is enough to even out my Lid and prepare it for color with Painterly my shadow stays put all day....no creasing on my Lids. Love

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 3:39:00 AM More reviews by KatrinTreichel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have had this product for about 7 months and im sure it will last me for the rest of the year. i really love it i apply it from my lid to my brow all over no matter what just to even out the lid im NW20 and its a little to light for me right now (summer tan) but it doesnt look bad.some people say its thick i dont see that but who know mine has dried a little so its the first think i apply after i have washed my face so that my eyelids are a little wet it smooths out great theN!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2010 2:06:00 AM More reviews by xushi

I love this product! It's a wonderful colour to use as a base/primer before you apply eyeshadow or pigments.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by tats77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this as a primer and I love it. I never liked using primers before. I always thought it was an extra step that had no real payoff. I couldn't really see a difference in the color before and primers always felt oily or runny. I didn't like the way they felt on my skin.
I think I like using the paint pot because it's more of a creamy base. You can really see the intensity of the shadows when you use this as a base. I've used UDPP and while it works ok, I prefer to use my painterly paint pot. So far I've only been using it as a base and haven't experimented with other paint pots.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by LovesTheWay2Go

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was the first MAC product I bought about a year ago and I initially bought it as a primer to help prevent creasing because the MAC m.a. told me it would do that, and it definitely didn't. This paint pot creased after about two or three hours for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2010 7:47:00 AM More reviews by LondonInMyStyle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do like this product. I use it as an eyeshadow base and it does the job. It does give the same colour to the eyelid which is perfect to have the eyelid as a canvas. However I do feel like it "takes off" all the shimmer from the frost and shimmer eyeshadows, it gives a very matte finish. But have to say I love it with matte eyeshadows and the texture is lovely.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by GoldinHoney

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am NC 25. This does have a pink tint to it. I have had it a year and as many have noted it has dried up but I put a lighter to it or a match and am able to manipulate it and spread on my eyelid. It is creamy and thick and brightens the eyelid. I do not notice any creasing and like it as a base for eyeshadow; however, I don't have oily lids.