September 23, 2014 | 1738 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Face & Body Liquid Make Up

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 9:17:00 PM More reviews by LindsAllie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

EDIT: dropping my rating to a 3 because i'm certain this was clogging my pores. I have ridiculously clog-prone skin, though, so don't be dismayed if you don't. Sadness, because it really is a great finish.

What can I add about this foundation that hasn't been said already? Probably nothing, so this is mostly just a concurrence with the majority opinion (sorry, law school has hijacked my vocabulary and manner of speaking). In any case, I agree that it is light, wonderfully natural looking, doesn't cause me any skin problems, and wears well. I am definitely sold.

Downsides include the texture and difficulties involved with applying it -- as others have mentioned at length -- and its lack of sunscreen. Also, I ended up buying #38, which is honestly a bit too light, but 20 was too dark and 36 was way pink. So that's another gripe. However, none of my (very minor) issues with this foundation detract from my overall opinion that it is really fabulous(!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 1:33:00 AM More reviews by coloredpencils

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this foundation and highly recommend it if you make sure to get a good color match, use sunscreen, and, more imporantly, remove it properly. I always use an oil cleanser because it is so waterproof. Face & Body has no sunscreen.

You really have to judge this foundation after it has settled into your skin. Really.

Within a few minutes, it looks incredibly natural--as if you are not wearing makeup at all. I've a pinkish complexion and my face is darker (more pink) than my neck. I use #2 now, and the slight pink in this one (when it dries) actually balances my neck and face when I apply under my jaw and blend into my neck better than the #20, which is a bit more beige. I agree that application with fingers gives the best finish. I apply as if it is a moisturizer.

It is great around the eyes. I never have to use concealer.

Finishing with some powder is handy on humid days or on oily skin. However, it is also the only foundation that I can use when I have dryish, flaking skin (mostly from Retin-A) when lightly applied on top of moisurizer.

It stays put, never changes color, can be blotted without disappearing (especially if you have very oily skin), layered, especially on red areas as needed for touch-up without heavy build up. I always keep it in my purse for a quick touch-up around my nose instead of powdering.

Yes. The bottle is a pain, but so are pumps that give too much or too little. Give and take, people. Just be sure to use a q-tip or clean hands each time you shake and dispense on the back of your hand and wipe the build up off of the screw top.

I will never be without this foundation. I am prone to clogged pores but as long as I remove properly and stick to a regular cleansing routine, it does not cause breakouts.

Edit-since this review made it to the top, I felt the need to add that it is really best to actually try a few different colors (or ask for samples) as the bottle colors, nevermind the swatches, never really let you know how this foundation will actually look on your skin. As mentioned, I started out with the more neutral #20 and thought it "counteracted" the redness. However, after tinkering with the product in person, I found that the more pink based #2 really made the difference in an effortless application. Lesson learned: go with your true skintone. The #20 tried to "change" my skin and didn't work as well as the color that really matched my skin. And in truth, isn't perfect matching what foundation is all about?

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by RMulieri

I thought that HD foundation was the best ever till I tried this stuff.I wanted a dewy ,natural finish and this stuff is now my new HG! I tried it with my 187 brush at first and wasn't too happy , so i tried the beauty blender sponge.What a difference! this stuff is it !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2009 1:45:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

This is the best foundation I've ever used. I would recommend this to most skin types but not to anyone who needed full coverage. It is great for me even with oily acne prone skin. Im an NC42 in MAC Studio Fix powder but I wear Alabaster Beige in this formula. I have a hard time finding a match for my skin. I'm a tan latina but I have a very yellow skintone. Even my MAC foundation is a teensy bit orange for my yellow skin, this a great match though. The formula is very fluid, and thin but it has a bit of tackiness to it until it dries completely on skin. I blend this in with a flat paintbrush shaped brush, and I just blend this stuff in completely and thoroughly. I wore this to a pool party and after swimming this still looked awesome. i highly recommend this foundation to anyone with minimal to no breakouts. Shake this very well and apply with a brush blending thoroughly. Amazing foundation! Two thumbs up!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2009 11:55:00 PM More reviews by miss_mac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This foundation is amazing. It took a bit of getting used to at first because of its runny texture, but once I got the hang of it it really did look amazing. It has a dewy finish, and a medium coverage that is buildable. I prefer to use it with my fingers because I prefer the finish I get with it. It has a firming effect on the skin when you put it on, at first it feels very watery but once you start rubbing it in it gains a thicker consistency and lifts the skin. The smell is beautiful, smells like roses! The only thing I don't like is the bottle, I wish it came with a pump or a squirt bottle or a tube because it can get messy and when it gets down to the bottle you have to leave it turned upside down to get the product out. This is the best face and body foundation I have used by far. And it stays on really well!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by btnycali1978

Ok...I can't even believe this has gotten negative reviews! ANYONE who gives this a negative review has no clue HOW to use this product...This is the best foundation I've ever used. It's super light, water-based, waterproof, and looks like SKIN. I mean when you have it on, it gives you beautiful, flawless, glowing skin. I not only use this is my pro kit (FABULOUS on men), but on myself.
I used to have very bad skin and wore Revlon Colorstay..so heavy! Even when my skin started to slightly look better, i started using this (about 2 layers of it for more coverage)...the first time i wore it, EVERYONE said how great my skin looked...and to hear that when you've always suffered with bad skin? Amazing.
This will not make you break out, and it does not need to be powered. Those of you who are more oily (and I used to be) dust LIGHTLY with MUFE HD powder and you'll be set. Most people can go without powdering though.
This is a LIGHTWEIGHT/light coverage foundation. It is also buildable. If you want more than a sheer coverage, wait a minute for the first layer to dry and then add another wherever needed. You CAN build this to almost a full cover foundation. However, it should never look like a mask...but that goes for any foundation. As for the consistency, yes, when it sits it looks like beige jello. It is a water-based GEL formula. All you have to do is shake up the bottle and it turns immediately to a liquid. This can be applied with a sponge (non-porous) or foundation brush, but the BEST way to apply this is with your fingers. I've been a makeup artist for YEARS and trained by Makeup Forever artists and they'll all tell you the same thing...HOWEVER, personal preference is personal preference. Use what you want :) There is nothing better that I have found. EVER. It's an HG!!!!

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2009 6:39:00 AM More reviews by eleanorch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have read the reviews here on MUA and have saved money and potentially avoided costly mistakes. I have bought some products that I would not have even known about if not for you reviewers. So I thought I’d contribute too and hopefully others can make some informed choices as I have. I'm not that impressed with this.

I tried a few different foundations in natural light on a quiet day at home and this was the one of the good matches on my NC45 complexion. It is not perfect so far I can say the best. If you don’t have perfect skin, then like me, you might like this as it is an OK match for my NC45 skin tone without out looking like you have foundation on.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by MakeupByMelissaLyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is absolutely my favorite foundation, both professionally and personally. I am so happy that MUFE has extended their color range for lighter shades. Previous to their new shades, I was stuck having to wear #20, which worked ok (and I'll still use in a pinch), but it ulitmately was too dark for my preference. Now I am a regular user of the #36, which is a fair pink shade that I find is perfect for me. I will also use the #38 interchangedly (its more beige fair than pink fair).

Professionally, this foundation is fantastic. I wish I could afford to have this in every shade to take along with me. This is perfect "man makeup" as it just sinks into the skin and looks just like skin. There is not one person whom I have put this one where it didn't look good. On occasion, I can not get a proper color match however. On the driest of skin types, this is fantastic due to its moisture properties and that it is water based with a bit of silicone derivative (cyclopensilaxane, to be exact). I personally do have skin issues with certain types of silicones, however, this one I am a-ok with. Being an oilier person, I am not even off put by the oil in it.

If you want something that will truly look like skin even in daylight, this is it. This will NEVER look like "foundation". Whenever I wear this, I get the most complements on my complexion.

There is not enough density of this foundation, however, to provide true full coverage. This however does make a great "base" and then if you do need more coverage in specific areas, layer and blend the HD foundation or another fuller coverage foundation of your choice.

The texture of this is sort of like an gelatanous alien goo, kind of "blob" like. I have had bottles, though, that are very watery, like runny egg whites. You will need to apply this with a foundation sponge or a very dense sponge, like the Beauty Blender. It would be impossible to apply this with fingers and in a cheap cosmetic sponge, all this would just get sucked up into it.

Many consumers are intimiated with using a foundation brush as sometimes, with certain liquid foundations, it can be difficult to get the product blended and avoid streaks on the face. But with this foundation, it pretty much almost blends itself. This is probably the EASIEST foundation to blend on the market.

I would recommend this foundation to absolutely anyone, of any ethnicity, any skin type, any age. Its of my humble opinion, you'd have to be crazy to not love it.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 5:02:00 PM More reviews by rock_chica81

I love this foundation. I'm NC30 and have this in 32 Alabaster Beige. Pros: light coverage, feels like you have nothing on, pretty glowy finish, hasn't clogged pores or caused breakouts, coverage is buildable. Cons: Wish it had a pump dispenser, weird plasticky smell, doesn't last all day on me, kind of on the expensive side. Overall, it's a really nice light sheer foundation that I will continue to buy because it's never caused a breakout and because it looks so natural. Love it.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2009 2:35:00 AM More reviews by tempescape

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I tried a little of this in Sephora. Not only did it not cover anything properly but within minutes my face got greasy. I didn't buy it. could imagine the break outs I'd get if I bought it and put it all over my face.