October 23, 2014 | 877 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Cover-Up

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2008 8:23:00 PM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I went for this in NW15. I's a perfect shade for my fair skin. I find myself using way less of this concealer than I would use any other concealer, because it is so pigmented. You only need a TINY dab to cover your imperfections --- this has great coverage. A little bit goes a VERY LONG WAY...I've had the same tube for over a year now.

But, it is kind of liquidy, so I always spot it on and then let it sit for a few minutes before I blend it.

This stuff did make me break out pretty badly everywhere I put it. On my cheeks, forehead, and chin. I decided to just start using it under my eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2008 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Hunny67

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really a decent concealer. It is very blendable and while it is not a very heavy concealer, it is does a nice job of covering redness, minor acne scars and most importantly, the dark undereye circles. It does not look crepey under the eyes at all. It has a very smooth texture. I always make sure to use my eye cream first and then immediately follow up with the concealer and set with brightening powder. The mua at the Mac counter suggested the NW35 for my golden brown complexion and it couldn't be a better match. I like Bobbi Brown concealer as well. But for under the eyes, I will continue to purchase this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by laurentothemax

This is one of the better concealers i've used in recent years. I've had the same tube of this for roughly a year and i'm finally coming close to the end of it and i will definitely buy another. I use this one primarily to cover my dark under eye circles and on the sides and bridge of my nose to cover up any darker, shadowy spots. I also like this for covering up any old acne hyper-pigmentation. it blends really smoothly and doesn't cake or crease. I use this for covering all discolorations that are not raised or for minor zits. When I have something really major pop up I use the considerably heavier MAC studio finish concealer for serious spot coverage. Select cover up however is the best option for covering normal day to day imperfections.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2008 6:56:00 AM More reviews by berries674

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOOOOVE MAC products and purchased this b/c of the shade, blendability and b/c i wanted to try something new and less expensive than Laura Mercier Secret Concealer #2. Well, at first i liked the coverage...it was a little thin for my liking b/c i was used to the "pot" style and texture of LM. Second, i wore it to the gym (i don't go anywhere w/o concealer due to lack of sleep and dark circles) and it did not withstand sweat AT ALL...this made me all the more realize how AWESOME LM concealer is...so i guess this is a dual purpose reveiw. LM concealer is incredible. This one just didn't pass the test. If your eye even so much as tears it will breakdown and run. It also settles in creases/lines....it was worth the shot, but i wound up returning it and going with my fave...LM

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by hebamo

This concealer is not bad, but not the best. It's good for covering up blemishes and uneven skin before putting on a foundation or powder. However, I bought it to conceal my super dark undereye circles and doesn't cover them up very well. I would say this is light to medium coverage, is liquidy, and isn't that great in covering up bags and would go for a thicker product for more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by chilli

For me, this baby works. I'm a warm NC15 with green eyes and red hair and use NW15 for my undereye area. True, it can crease (hence only 4 lippies) but it also covers very nicely and doesn't dry my skin out. I have very dark bags, my fair skin only emphasizes them. I usually apply Studio Fix Fluid all over my face (also under the eyes) with the 187 brush and then dab quite a bit Select Cover-Up on my dark circles. I let it dry for a sec and then blend it with the 187. I also love that the color selection runs so light, good for us PPPs.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2008 1:00:00 AM More reviews by leynie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- incredible staying power
- amazing shade selection
- hygenic and convenient packaging
- easy application (before it dries)

Cons:
- coverage is so-so
- impossible to blend once dry
- made all red spots and acne ashy and dark
- CREASES LIKE A B*TCH!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2007 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Aji05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm a NC45 and I am on a never-ending search for the perfect concealer. It doesnt help when your face has two different tones to it. Most of my face is caramel in colour but from just below my nose down to my chin is a darker chalky brown. Like another reviewer described, this concealer (NC45) was a perfect match in-store but under natural light, it had a brick-red appearance. Not very concealing. I think these MAC concealers in general are fine for combination skin, like mine, but this colour was not my perfect match.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2007 4:58:00 PM More reviews by VintagePinup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking to buy a new concealer and a makeup artist recommended this.
My face is oily during the summer and sometimes dry during the winter. This was supposed to be give me matte coverage all day. However, even though I used it when my skin was dry, it made me a slick oily mess by the end of the day. I can't even imagine how nasty it could get in the summer! Plus, it got into my creases like nuts and made me break out!
The coverage wasn't exactly the best, but it was good enough. I ended up using this on my legs, actually. However, it did nothing for my undereye circles. It just didn't work on that area at all. Get a sample first.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2007 7:12:00 PM More reviews by RK28

hmmm..I tried this on twice and was not pleased with the outcome of it. this concealer highlight my fine lines even more and it did not cover my dark circles at all. I even put under eye cream before I put this one and it did not help. so I would not recommend this for anyone who has dry skin maybe oily skin ppl could get away with it more...