September 18, 2014 | 1769 users online

Concealers - MAC - Select Cover-Up

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2008 6:56:00 AM More reviews by berries674

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOOOOVE MAC products and purchased this b/c of the shade, blendability and b/c i wanted to try something new and less expensive than Laura Mercier Secret Concealer #2. Well, at first i liked the coverage...it was a little thin for my liking b/c i was used to the "pot" style and texture of LM. Second, i wore it to the gym (i don't go anywhere w/o concealer due to lack of sleep and dark circles) and it did not withstand sweat AT ALL...this made me all the more realize how AWESOME LM concealer is...so i guess this is a dual purpose reveiw. LM concealer is incredible. This one just didn't pass the test. If your eye even so much as tears it will breakdown and run. It also settles in creases/lines....it was worth the shot, but i wound up returning it and going with my fave...LM

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by hebamo

This concealer is not bad, but not the best. It's good for covering up blemishes and uneven skin before putting on a foundation or powder. However, I bought it to conceal my super dark undereye circles and doesn't cover them up very well. I would say this is light to medium coverage, is liquidy, and isn't that great in covering up bags and would go for a thicker product for more coverage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2008 5:59:00 PM More reviews by chilli

For me, this baby works. I'm a warm NC15 with green eyes and red hair and use NW15 for my undereye area. True, it can crease (hence only 4 lippies) but it also covers very nicely and doesn't dry my skin out. I have very dark bags, my fair skin only emphasizes them. I usually apply Studio Fix Fluid all over my face (also under the eyes) with the 187 brush and then dab quite a bit Select Cover-Up on my dark circles. I let it dry for a sec and then blend it with the 187. I also love that the color selection runs so light, good for us PPPs.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2008 1:00:00 AM More reviews by leynie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- incredible staying power
- amazing shade selection
- hygenic and convenient packaging
- easy application (before it dries)

Cons:
- coverage is so-so
- impossible to blend once dry
- made all red spots and acne ashy and dark
- CREASES LIKE A B*TCH!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2007 10:49:00 PM More reviews by Aji05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm a NC45 and I am on a never-ending search for the perfect concealer. It doesnt help when your face has two different tones to it. Most of my face is caramel in colour but from just below my nose down to my chin is a darker chalky brown. Like another reviewer described, this concealer (NC45) was a perfect match in-store but under natural light, it had a brick-red appearance. Not very concealing. I think these MAC concealers in general are fine for combination skin, like mine, but this colour was not my perfect match.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2007 4:58:00 PM More reviews by VintagePinup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was looking to buy a new concealer and a makeup artist recommended this.
My face is oily during the summer and sometimes dry during the winter. This was supposed to be give me matte coverage all day. However, even though I used it when my skin was dry, it made me a slick oily mess by the end of the day. I can't even imagine how nasty it could get in the summer! Plus, it got into my creases like nuts and made me break out!
The coverage wasn't exactly the best, but it was good enough. I ended up using this on my legs, actually. However, it did nothing for my undereye circles. It just didn't work on that area at all. Get a sample first.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2007 7:12:00 PM More reviews by RK28

hmmm..I tried this on twice and was not pleased with the outcome of it. this concealer highlight my fine lines even more and it did not cover my dark circles at all. I even put under eye cream before I put this one and it did not help. so I would not recommend this for anyone who has dry skin maybe oily skin ppl could get away with it more...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2007 6:32:00 PM More reviews by agdeierl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Overall, one of the best concealers I've tried (and I have tried TONS!). The coverage is great and the lightest one matched my super-fair skin beautifully. Don't hoard this one, though, because it DEFINITELY expires. I tried using mine a while ago (even though it was past the expiration date), and it was all of a sudden horrible. So yeah...just pay attention to its shelf-life.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2007 2:16:00 PM More reviews by alaena88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have tried every concealer out there for my under-eye area, and this is definitely the best at concealing, lasting, and brightening. I have it in NC 34 and use it with a concealer brush, perfect skin when matched with MAC's Studio Fix Pressed Powder buffed on with a brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2007 3:37:00 PM More reviews by amesrh

Hrmm I thought this wold get a higher rating. I don't need heavy concealer so this is perfect for me. I useit on the days I have blemished or dark spots under my eyes. A little goes a long way with this one.