October 25, 2014 | 1797 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 6:54:00 PM More reviews by love2buymakeup

I love this cleanser. I switch between this and Fresh Farmacy so my skin doesn't get too try. This cleanser has just enough exfoliation in it to make my face feel wonderful!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2008 5:07:00 AM More reviews by ilyana

I have an oily t-zone and my skin is prone to acne on chin as well as the t-zone. I've used this for a week now and I'm amazed! Although it is somewhat like a scrub, it's pretty mild compared to let's say Queen Helene's Mint Julep Scrub and the horrible St Ives Apricot scrub which made my skin horrid. It's so gentle but really awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2008 9:57:00 PM More reviews by ArtistryByTiffany

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am still on the fence about this cleanser.
The first time I used it, my skin was sooooo soft afterwards! It's a bit awkward to use it the first time, but after a few uses, I learned how to use it well.
But at the time, I was out of toner and moisturizer, and this dried my face out pretty badly. My chin mostly was peeling pretty badly. I hope that after I get some moisturizer, my skin will be a lot better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Valou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I talk briefly about AOBS in my silly YouTube product review video here:

AOBS is my favorite Lush cleanser. I know some people dislike using it every day because it is a scrub, I have no problems doing so. It leaves my skin so soft and blotch free. The price is right, the smell is gentle... I'm sad that it has such a short shelf life, but I'm happy that it's free of harsh preservatives.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2008 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Glitched

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using it now for over a month & love the results..I have to admit at first I didn't love it because of the application..but once I used it more I noticed the difference on my skin.....if you have drier or sensitive skin its def the way to go....love the non-squeaky clean feeling it leaves!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2008 12:32:00 AM More reviews by luvactuallyisallarnd

I am a new fan of Lush products, and I have to say that I am obsessed! I love this cleanser for many reasons. 1. It smells amazing! The fragrance is calming, like others other mentioned. It really wakes me up in the morning. 2. My skin has cleared up tremendously. I usually have little zits on my chin or forehead. They are all GONE!! 3. It gives my skin a healthy glow. My skin looks fresh and alive after cleansing. 4. It is organic and completely natural. And like the previous reviewer said, I think this product is meant to be used watery. When it is in a paste form, little bits fall right off my face. I'd definitely buy this again. Don't steer away because of the price--it is 100% well worth the money!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2008 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Keii23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

O_o To be honest this product sort of grew on me! At frist i like it then i went off then i decided to use it again. The packaging is terrible though at our lush we get it wrapped in thin bit of paper which looks and feels greasey to hold. However it took me a while to get the hang of using this product because at first it seemed a little harsh but if you use a pea sized amount and rub it in you hand with warm (not hot) water it slowly goes into a waterish form then i placed that on my face and the product actuely help clear up my skin, so despite all the bad review people aren't actuley using it right and it's not ment be a paste and your certainly not ment to scrub with this product. The smell can be calming and wake you up in the morning however some find it over powering. This is a marmite product you either LOVE it or HATE it!
I can tell you one thing the packaging in my area for this products sucks! I'm all for enviormental friendly packaging but wrapping it up in paper? Thats just taking the mick lol!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2008 9:31:00 PM More reviews by Kamee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this in a swap and I love the scent! it's so calming and lovely. I can just sit here and sniff it all day. Ok so here's the bad; this did not work on me. It's very oily and filmy and it gave me whiteheads. I would rate this lower b/c it broke me out, but oh how i love the scent! I love lavender =)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2008 9:42:00 PM More reviews by KatFisch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is such a gentle exfoliator. I love the relaxing lavender smell. It makes my face feel baby-butt smooth and has never broken me out in my many (10+) years of using it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2008 1:48:00 AM More reviews by eoifemacbeth

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I usually use Coalface, but I steal snippets of my sister's AoBS any time my face is feeling grumpy. It's especially wonderful for the wintertime, when even my combo-oily skin dries out.

It's always been easy for me to use Lush's solid shampoos, conditioners, and facial cleansers, so that's a non-issue---for Angels I take a crumble of it and mix it with some water to make a paste, then gently spread it all over my face (if I feel like I need some real exfoliation, I scrub it in a bit here). When I rinse off, voila---down the drain goes the dead skin and blocked pores, and I am left with a light, soothing layer of lavender and rose oils on my face that soak in almost immediately and blend well with any Lush moisturizer I put on (used to be exclusively Enzymion, then was exclusively Gorgeous, now is exclusively Vanishing Cream). It has never broken me out, and my skin is notoriously finicky: if I use any but my four standard products on it (Lush Coalface, Lush Tea Tree Water, Lush Vanishing Cream, and Burt's Bees Repair Serum), it goes insane, big cystic acne all over the place. This is what I reach to when that happens---it's so soothing to my face, never overcleansing or harsh. A+, Lush!

The bottom line: A wonderful treat for my skin now and again. Perfect if you have dry/acne-prone, sensitive, or combo/oily skin. Super-oily or super-super-sensitive types should probably steer clear---but get a sample! You never know what your skin might love!