November 27, 2014 | 1553 users online

Fragrances - Chanel - No.5

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2007 5:38:00 PM More reviews by BHMum2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Neither my mother nor grandmother wore no.5. I actually wanted to see what all the fuss was about after reading some things...I went to a counter, sniffed the bottle (a no-no, I know!) and thought "HORRId!" I couldn't believe that ANYONE would touch this vile smell to their skin. At any rate, I heard something else about no 5. and dismissed it...tried it again on a card, and once again, it wasn't for me. Long story long, a woman at a golf tournamet up wind from me smelled amazing-I had to have what she had on. It was no. 5 bath oil. This is how I started, and now I wear the eau de parfum and LOVE it. I must say, if I have hairspray on it changes the smell to a synthetic. Bad combo. It's best when my natural oils have had a few hours of time after showering to come out. Freshly applied on dry showered skin doesn't work as well. Another thing, the lady at the golf wore Keri lotion under her no. 5 and said that the oils mixed well togeter. I just love it. No sentimental attachment for me. It's one of the few that I would buy again. (I was always a coco fan, but no. 5 can be worn more often - for me anyway)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2007 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Sage6o4

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I agree with Rosehillcottage that you either love No.5 or hate it. I LOVE IT. But I can see why people would say it smells old lady like, but since I'm young I can get away with it ;) It makes me feel like Marilyn Monroe, deff a classic fragrence. I hope Chanel never discontinues it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2007 1:30:00 AM More reviews by sita12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

one of the worst perfumes I have ever worn. is meant for the monroe era- its an ancient relic that needs to be discontinued so that suckers like my dh don't ever buy it again. spend your money on something better. its a horror.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/28/2007 4:05:00 PM More reviews by BReams1980

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hands down, one of the worst things I have ever smelled. It smells of stagnant water, and perhaps mildew. To each their own!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2007 5:27:00 PM More reviews by seulrich

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Strictly for the over 60 crowd!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2007 12:55:00 PM More reviews by purplebird

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is not an easy fragrance to understand. On me, it is an enigmatic mix of ylang-ylang, neroli, spice and sweetness. But which spices? No cinnamon listed. Which sweet base? Vanilla or amber? I must say, I don't know. This is a soft, pliable fragrance that wraps itself around my wrist like a warm, plastic substance, soft and almost doughy. It is a scent that is man-made which feels utterly natural. A unique classic from Chanel. Parfum strength is the only concentration strong enough for me. See if it works for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2007 10:39:00 PM More reviews by ktz_bug

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am not quite sure what the big fuss is over Chanel No. 5. Like many other reviewers, I hate old-lady fragrances. This reeks of circa 1927. I totally adore Coco Mademoiselle or Chance over this "classic" fragrance. Save your money and buy another scent from the Chanel line, or better yet- from a different line.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2007 1:54:00 AM More reviews by lily_remains

Classic sophisticated scent. Scent is subjective, so it's hard to review. Long-lasting. Definitely not a girlish or sweet fragrance. Reminds me of Audrey Hepburn for reasons unknown to me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2007 10:41:00 PM More reviews by misslouisiana887

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2007 1:43:00 AM More reviews by rosehillcottage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I hate old lady scents. And this is one of them, BUT... I must say that this fragrance smells lovely on my friend. I think people either love Chanel No. 5 or hate it. I don't like it on me at all, it smells too much like powder. And I hate the smell of powder. I'll stick with my Creed fragrances which I absolutely love!