Maybelline Lash Discovery Mascara

3.5

on 8/22/2004 3:42:00 PM

I was greatly disappointed about this mascara. All of the magazines raved about it but it did not delivery on all categories. I have long thick lashes but they are blonde so a I need mascara. This went on clumpy even with that wierd brush. It smudged and flaked. This was horrible because I wear contacts. Jane Fan Club is much better and about half of the price.

on 8/18/2004 1:46:00 AM

The mini-brush did indeed "discover" all my lashes. Unfortunately, it didn't cover them with mascara. I have light blond eyelashes, and I was left with a disconcerting two-tone look. It's too bad, as I found the mini-brush easier to control than a full-size brush, and for some reason, it doesn't get that yucky glob of mascara on its end. The mascara formula was average. One notable drawback: There isn't much mascara in this mascara! The tube contains .16 oz, as compared to .28 for Full and Soft, or .43 for Great Lash. Other reviewers have mentioned that this mascara dries out very easily. The small amount of product in the tube could contribute to this problem.

on 8/16/2004 12:16:00 AM

This is quite and innovative mascara. (or should I say the little brush) It reaches even the shortest lash you have. This is an excellent product for asians! However, it will not provide dramatic result. Nevertheless, it's an excellent primer for people who have short lashes but want dramatic look. Just apply this first and follow by the voluminizing mascara of your choice!

on 8/12/2004 6:42:00 PM

this mascar is one of my favorites,,,,because of the mini brush..it helps a lot, and they arent any clumps in the mascar so its very easy and quik to put on!

on 8/12/2004 3:49:00 PM

I've tried all waterproof mascaras that Maybelline can come up with. But none of them lived up to the hype...don't understand why magazines keep telling us this is the HG. Anyway, found Fasio and I think it might just be my mascara HG...

on 8/3/2004 11:40:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this stuff. I have dark, fairly thick lashes naturally and this gives them just that extra bit of "oomph." I like the tiny brush, and it has never had a tendency to clump on me. I will continue to repurchase this as my staple mascara. Plus, I can't argue with the price.

on 8/1/2004 8:08:00 AM

I threw out my Great Lash (and really, what's so great about it?) and picked this up to replace it. This product was a score for me because it did what I wanted it to do: darken and define my lashes without globbing or thickening too much. I don't really like a thick, mascara-ed looking lash. This went on more like a dye, just a very thin coat that let my lashes stay separated. I haven't experimented with lots of coats but it looks like it would layer fine. And I really did like the tiny brush--I tend to be all thumbs with mascara because my lashes are super-curly, so I'm always getting the stuff all over my lid; the itty bitty brush did make it easier to control that. I got hardly any on my lid at all (as another poster mentioned, I don't always have time to be removing tons of smudgies). It's pretty cheap and there are no heinous fumes, nice for my sensitive eyes. All in all, I liked it, but if something new comes along to catch my eye, I'm not going to swear loyalty or anything. :)
*UPDATE* Tried layering this on in three coats. It looks nice! My lashes are pretty soft and flexible even with all the product. I did experience clumping but I'm kind of spastic with mascara so I'm calling it operator error. continued >>

on 7/29/2004 10:24:00 PM

I actually didn't like this at all. The brush is so small, which could be a good thing if you want to catch those little hair at the corner, but I normally don't have a problem with those anyway. The gunk itself is way too wet and takes forever to dry. And it clumps! And it seems that it takes a lot more layers to achieve the same fullness and length as you would get from just 2 layers of normal mascara. Very time consuming.

on 7/29/2004 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I picked this up after running out the house late for work with "naked eyes." Yes, I left my makeup bag right there on the dining room table! I'm usually a Full'n Soft gal or an Almay One Coat, but this was on sale at CVS for less than $4. I was surprised by the brush size when I opened it, but then again, if I had read it before dashing out the store, I would have noticed it said "Mini Brush." Long story short, this is fabulous. My lashed have NEVER looked this long and defined. Almost like I'm wearing falsies (and a co-worker did ask me if I forgot to take off my weekend lashes). I took off one lippie for the clump factor, but that can be rectified with an eyelash comb. Will definately repurchase.

on 7/28/2004 11:16:00 PM

I tot this mite be the closest mascara I can get in replacement of my Shu Uemura Mascara Basic, but still it's lacking in quite a no. of ways. The texture is way too thin, it washes out too easily, its brush a lil too stiff. Therefore, i din find it too easy to reach corners of the eye despite the miniature brush size. It did provide definition & it's not bad when it comes to reaching lower lashes... on top of dat, the cheap price... I wouldn't say I'll never buy it agn.