MAC Nymphette lipglass

4.3

on 5/6/2004 4:02:00 PM

I know that Nymphette is a popular color but I can't figure out why. On me the color just looks gold, I can barely see the pink. I am a PPP with cool skin, blonde hair and blue eyes. The color doesn't suck all together, it's a gold spun pink with the yummy flavor that makes Lipglass worthwile. My best friend who is asian looks fabulous in the color. For some reason it looks more pink on her. If you have my coloring though (Think Daryl Hannah) don't go there.

I'm so glad I finally got this! I was torn because I thought it would turn completely gold on my lips. On me (NC30, very pigmented lips), Nymphette looks better topped over a l/s instead of on it's own. But I really am loving this color! It's adds that extra something to my l/s! Would definitely repurchase!

on 5/2/2004 12:30:00 AM

EDITED REVIEW:
Nymphette L/G is a disappointment IMO. There is SO much gold glitter that it looks cheap on me. It also tends to highlight every red spot on my face and, as a teenager with acne, this isn't helpful. It might be good if you have perfect skin with no redness. I ordered it online before seeing it in person. If you can check it out before you buy it, DO IT. You may or may not like ti.

on 4/30/2004 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this didn't like it very much. It looks a bit fake on me. I don't like MAC lipglasses in general. They all have this sticky texture and a sickening smell.

on 4/28/2004 7:18:00 PM

Makes my lips looks naturally flushed pink!!! with tons of gold sparkles! LOVE IT! Plus, this has no terrifying fruity scents/flavours/fragrances... bit vanilla and FUNCTIONS better than ANY LIP BALM OUT THERE!

I wasn't as impressed with this gloss as I had hoped. I barely saw any pink and my lips were just drenched with gold shimmer. I'm cool toned, and gold doesn't suit me very well, plus it was too sheer for my liking. An OK gloss, not worth the fuss though.

on 4/21/2004 11:00:00 PM

I have other shades of Lipglass that I like much better, such as Dreamy and the new Viva Glam V. This color is a pretty pink with gold. I am fair skinned with blonde hair, and I find that this has too much of a gold tone to it. If it weren't for the gold, this would be a great shade. It's just unflattering on me, but the glosss smells sweet and doesn't taste gross or waxy.

on 4/21/2004 10:55:00 AM

I don't get it...I know everyone seems to love this stuff, but its just gloss...not even long lasting...I didn't think it was anything special...too frosty. It made me look washed out. I had to swap it away....

on 4/11/2004 10:36:00 PM

It took me so long to get this. The very first message I ever posted on MUA was for lipglass recs, and a very wise woman said this was one I NEEDED. However, I fell in love with other colours along the way, and forsake this beauty for other, fleeting hussies of lipglasses. Not long ago I came to my senses and picked one of these up, and I am thanking my lucky stars! This pink/peack/goldy colour is just harmony to my NC20 complexion, and I seriously don't know how I lasted without this. Just beautiful.

on 4/10/2004 11:20:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I'm sooo late to this party! I got Nymphette about a week ago, and have been wearing it ever since! I'm a NC20 with auburn hair and hazel eyes, and Nymphette is a YLBB color on me, a gorgeous nude, slightly darker than my lips with subtle and beautiful gold shimmer. I love to pair it with Whirl liner for the perfect YLBB color. I will definetly repurchase Nymphette once I run out. In fact, I think I'll get a spare one to keep in my purse. continued >>

Recommended for Medium Skin