MAC Nymphette lipglass

4.3

I like the texture and consistincy of MAC Lipglasses, I just didn't like nymphette. It was to warm of pink with too much gold shimmer for my cool undertones. Just not very flattering.

on 5/17/2004 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I sooo wanted to love this lipglass as it is so beautiful in the tube and looks so good on some of my friends, but on me it barely shows up....and what does show up is not at all pink and all gold. I am NW20 and I have pigmented lips so I am sure that had something to do with it, but either way, I took this one right back and as still on the hunt for a pink lipgloss that I like.

EDIT: I ended up trying this on the other day at MAC without knowing what colour it was and I love it! It is the absolute best summer colour and looks amazing on! It is now my HG lipgloss - when I 1st reviewed this lipgloss I was into darker colours so that is probably why I didn't like it but now that it is summer and I am wearing lighter shades I love it and would tell everyone to go out and buy one. The best lipgloss ever!!!!

on 5/16/2004 2:04:00 PM

Never ever thought I would love this as I do! Looks too "cool pink" in the tube, BUT it goes on a lovely beige/gold/pink/peach and it beats out Prrr in my book by a landslide!
Gorgeous with my peach toned skin and a tan. Perfect for summer!!!!!! I love it! My fave lipglass.

on 5/10/2004 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

There is virtually NO pink in this, or at least, none that showed up on my lips.

Pretty in the tube, but when applied, it just looks like something Paris Hilton would wear. It looks slutty, for lack of a better term. It's tacky, it's frosty, and there's practically no pigment at all.

Never purchasing this again. I gave my tube to my sister, because she can wear frost without looking cheap. Not many girls can, so I figured it'd be best for her to take it off my hands.

on 5/6/2004 4:02:00 PM

I know that Nymphette is a popular color but I can't figure out why. On me the color just looks gold, I can barely see the pink. I am a PPP with cool skin, blonde hair and blue eyes. The color doesn't suck all together, it's a gold spun pink with the yummy flavor that makes Lipglass worthwile. My best friend who is asian looks fabulous in the color. For some reason it looks more pink on her. If you have my coloring though (Think Daryl Hannah) don't go there.

I'm so glad I finally got this! I was torn because I thought it would turn completely gold on my lips. On me (NC30, very pigmented lips), Nymphette looks better topped over a l/s instead of on it's own. But I really am loving this color! It's adds that extra something to my l/s! Would definitely repurchase!

on 5/2/2004 12:30:00 AM

EDITED REVIEW:
Nymphette L/G is a disappointment IMO. There is SO much gold glitter that it looks cheap on me. It also tends to highlight every red spot on my face and, as a teenager with acne, this isn't helpful. It might be good if you have perfect skin with no redness. I ordered it online before seeing it in person. If you can check it out before you buy it, DO IT. You may or may not like ti.

on 4/30/2004 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I tried this didn't like it very much. It looks a bit fake on me. I don't like MAC lipglasses in general. They all have this sticky texture and a sickening smell.

on 4/28/2004 7:18:00 PM

Makes my lips looks naturally flushed pink!!! with tons of gold sparkles! LOVE IT! Plus, this has no terrifying fruity scents/flavours/fragrances... bit vanilla and FUNCTIONS better than ANY LIP BALM OUT THERE!

I wasn't as impressed with this gloss as I had hoped. I barely saw any pink and my lips were just drenched with gold shimmer. I'm cool toned, and gold doesn't suit me very well, plus it was too sheer for my liking. An OK gloss, not worth the fuss though.

Recommended for Medium Skin