December 21, 2014 | 986 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2008 6:25:00 AM More reviews by linhvu

First of all, i don't believe that any of us who use MUA website are the type of people who "have ALWAYS used this (Dove Beauty Bar) or who have always stuck with soap and water" and not "people who engage in skincare promiscuity, with a variety of regimes and serums" as the previous reviewer had said.
I think we are all here because in one way or another, we love skincare and makeup stuff.
Maybe some of us will like to stick with high-end brands and other, drugstore's, or will just simply try anything that works.

For me, personally, this beauty bar is the biggest surprise. And a nice one.
I have/had been using Estee Lauder, Clarins, Shiseido, Cle de Peau, Clinique, L'occitane skincare for as long as i remember being crazy about beauty products... Needless to say, how skeptical i was when a friend of mine suggested using Dove for my back acne. No way, i said to myself. First because i never use soap. (I read on many books (one of my favorites is Beauty - The Basic by Rona Berg) and magazines that soaps in general is not good for your skin). But i believe that Dove Beauty Bar is one exception. Anyway, when it came to the point when i couldn't stand the annoying little pimples there and get really desperate, i started trying Dove out, just because my friends wouldn't stop her raving. Plus, i am hopeless anyway, trying this cheap soap can't do a lot more damage. I use this together with my exfoliating bath gloves.
I was surprised. It clears up my back acne in matter of a couple of weeks. After about 3 months of using this, my skin feels soft and smooth to the touch. I've gotten a lot of compliments on how soft my skin is :-)
Then i decided to try this on my face as well. It also helps to clear up my facial acne. I use this soap on my face in conjunction with Shiseido Facial Massage Brush) and it leaves my skin clean and more or less pimple free.
Of course due to my being snob, i couldn't help but to come back every now and then to an expensive cleanser, but, after all, nothing beat this little gem. And it's so cheap.
If you are new to using soap on your skin. I would recommend using Dove Sensitive Bar first, it's more gentle.
For preference: i am very clog-pore prone, my skin is quite oily.

21 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by swirlsschmurls

I've come to the conclusion that I just may be one of those people on MUA who just can't use anything that other people rave about. I like this as a shower bar, as others have mentioned, the smell is clean, comforting, and a huge plus. And I had huge hopes for cutting down on skincare costs and my routine. But for my face, it just made my skin dull and a little rougher, caused a few small bumps, and didn't do much else. I think it may just be the case that it'll work for people who have ALWAYS used this or who have always stuck with soap and water, but maybe for people who engage in skincare promiscuity, with a variety of regimes and serums, like myself, going back to the basics may not always be such a viable option. Still great for the shower though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2008 9:07:00 AM More reviews by floppy3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product. It leaves my skin soft, clean and kind to the skin . . . ahh skin bliss ! ! ! The smell can be a little strong but you get used to it. It doesn't moisturise that much, it more or less steadies the skin pH which is why I believe it is recommended by dermatologists. My only quibble is the inconvenience of it (like all soaps). But I bought a four pack of these soaps for only 1.90 euros and a plastic soap box for travelling and hygiene reasons. What a price what a product ! !

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, my review is based on using the white bar. It's very moisturizing. Maybe that's why it disappears...............? And the smell is a bit potent. I can barely shave my armpits without tears streaming down my face! It is a good bar though! I have extremely itchy and dry skin and this has helped when so many others hadn't. My husband got it for me and it was supposed to be the unscented. I'll have to go next time and get that one. I hear good things about that one, too. Good soaps. Better than alot of the others! And I've tried many.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by ShellyMtz

Soft, soft, soft! Don't we all want to have moisturized skin? Lovely scent and great lather. Definitely buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by macangel39

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A HG product for me. I use this on both face and body and love it. I can also use it on my kids without worry.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2008 8:42:00 AM More reviews by espressoqn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used Dove for over 20 years and although I try other face cleansers, I always come back. It's gentle and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. My grandma has used it practically all her life and her skin is beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 2:47:00 PM More reviews by whimzer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! My skin feels so soft, smooth, and moisturized after I use it. I definitely notice my skin's natural glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by mizplacedcitygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this since I was a kid...but only just started using it as a face wash. I use an oil cleanser in the morning to rid myself of excess oil and take off the oil of olay beauty fluid and pond's cream i use. (i don't wear foundation so I don't really need it at night) This is the perfect afterwash for the oil cleanser. It rinses nicely and cleans without stinging. It doesn't dry my skin out too much which is nice too! It really is a classic bar. The only problem is that it's IMPOSSIBLE to travel with!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

I've started using more serious skincare in the last few months (turning 30 in July, and trying some preventative measures), and decided that I should use a very basic and gentle cleanser under all those creams, lotions, serums, etc. This does the trick. I always remove makeup at night with an oil cleanser, then follow with this. In the morning, I use it, and then my moisturizer/SPF, and have no trouble with dryness. I adore the smell and how it lingers (clean and fresh), though there is a sensitive verison for those who can't tolerate fragrance. My only gripe is that it's a bar...What a hassle to keep at the sink (messy, etc), but that wouldn't stop me from buying this again and again. I also love that it can work double-duty as a body wash, as well. Perfection.