December 20, 2014 | 1607 users online

Treatments - Burt's Bees - Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 6:22:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff has really made a difference in how my nails and cuticles look. Even my BF is hooked! Smells lovely, like lemon candy. It is not too greasy and seems to sink in fairly fast, IMO. I really like it. As a nail biter just getting over a lifelong habit (think seriously raggity nails and damaged cuticles!) it has been a lifesaver. It makes my hands look so nice I don't even wanna bite em (even though it smells great). I have also used this as a lip balm in a pinch. I use a small spatula to remove a nice sized chunk and transfer it into a 5 gram jar to keep it sanitary (and purse friendly!). I would most certainly purchase this again, and recommend it to all. I believe it cost around $8 CDN for a decent sized tin of product. A+

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2008 7:13:00 PM More reviews by kittynn

I adore this. I use it every morning and every evening (heavily) before bed. I've now been using it for around a month and my nails are like they have never been before! In the past I've tried all different nail strengthening treatments/varnishes but none have had the same effect as lemon butter cuticle cream. My nails are growing beautifully and my cuticles and finger tips are equally perfect. Even the tips seem whiter!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2008 3:37:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

I do my dishes twice a day with hot water so my hands tend to get dry. I use this on my cuticles and it's a life saver. Its smells like summer lemon. I love it. I got this in a travel kit and it lasts and lasts cause a little goes a long way.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by luvivalot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great product. Not a huge fan of other Burt's products but this one is just great! Awesome smell and does it's job! I do, and will always, have this in my mani set.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 10:32:00 PM More reviews by diggity

This stuff is a life saver! I am a nail-biter and tend to pick at my cuticles, resulting in gross, ripped up finger nails. This heals that and also prevents me from chewing (maybe it's the texture of the product, I don't know). I love the lemon fresh scent. My cuticles look so healthy after just a week of use!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2008 3:59:00 PM More reviews by newobsession

This smells so good! Too bad it's so greasy. I had to get through a top layer of harder wax to get to the more pliable wax underneath. I usually rub it in, let it sit for a minute, and then wipe off with a napkin. That works the best for me so it doesn't get all over the place. I will not repurchase because it's just too greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Sarah0926

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this as part of a set, and loved it. The smell is wonderful, and it makes my cuticles and nails so healthy looking. Plus it lasts for quite awhile. I haven't had to repurchase, but will when I run out. I make sure I always have this in my purse. It saved my nails this past Wisconsin winter from being cracked, dry, and overall icky!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by DinahT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had to review this product. I keep it in my desk drawer at work, and maybe I use it a couple times a week if I remember. Winter hasn't been too hard on my hand and cuticles this year.

However, this weekend I've been packing up my apartment to prepare for a move. My nails and my cuticles are a mess from all the packing, newspaper, and repeated hand washing. I figured I'd just have to wait a week or so and keep using hand cream and cuticle cream to return my cuticles to their normal health, because they looked so awful. I used this cuticle cream, and 20 minutes later, happened to notice my cuticles while I was typing, and they look totally normal again! Only one application, and it wasn't even a particularly thick application! I am going to start carrying this stuff around as I finish up my move. This stuff is seriously amazing. Very happy customer. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 10:51:00 AM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

If you like lemon drops, you will like the smell of this cuticle cream. If you don't, you won't. Because it smells exactly like lemon drops taste.

I am an off-and-on nail biter, with dry skin, naturally brittle nails, and cuticles that seem to get torn and painful all too easily. The state of my nails really fluctuates depending on whether or not I'm making an effort and taking care of them.
This product is a lifesaver for those times when I look at my hands and think "I've got to do something about this" ... I'll rub this into my nails and cuticles a few times a day (try to do it after each hand-washing if possible). It keeps my finger tips feeling moisturized, which is nice, but what I love about it is that it really makes my poor ripped up cuticles heal faster, and it seems to keep my nails stronger and less brittle while they grow.
Another thing that I like is just a side effect of the lemon scent - it sort of reminds me not to bite my nails.

This doesn't all soak in immediately, so it does leave your fingers feeling a bit greasy. The product is like a hard lip balm in a tin, so if you just swirl the pads of your fingers around on the surface of the product and then rub it in around your finger tips, concentrating on your cuticles, it works perfectly. You shouldn't have to be digging it out of the tin.

When my hands are in decently good condition, I just leave this on my nightstand, and try to remember to use it before bed each night (which removes any annoyance from greasy-feeling fingers).

I'd love to see a slightly softer version of this in a big jar for feet!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2008 10:44:00 PM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

I never really had any problems with my cuticles but as i got this in a set, i thought i'd give it a bash. The scent is lovely and it moisturises very well. Surprisingly enough, its made my nails stronger and its great for any rough skin anywhere else and if you play the guitar, its great for the finger tips!