April 21, 2014 | 1820 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 12:27:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this as a last resort. My skin has been really dry, red, irritated, and flaky since starting retin A, and Ive been in search of a basic non-irritating moisturizer. I should have bought this first! I tried cetaphil cream and cerave cream and they clogged my pores. must have been the petrolatum. Well, I bought the walmart version of the cetaphil lotion, $5 for a 16oz pump bottle is a steal! And it hasnt caused any breakouts or stinging. People complain that its greasy, but they're using too much. You only need a very small amount, like a pea sized amount, and it wont be greasy. Having said that, this bottle will last forever. This is a godsend for my flaky, peely, skin. Try this before you try anything else, because if it doesnt work, you're only out 5 bucks! Whereas I must have spent hundred of dollars this year on moisturizers alone, and none of them were as good as this!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2007 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

It is a great moisturizer. I have the one for dry skin. It makes my skin very silky and soft. It is also non-greasy.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2007 4:02:00 AM More reviews by b_lizard

Doesn't seem to absorb into my combination skin. Wish it did great for me cos it's really affordable but too bad... i'll just have to keep seaching for my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2007 2:49:00 AM More reviews by exoticorchid

This is my all time favourite moisturiser. I CANNOT go without it!
I went for years with eczema and sensitive skin using formulations designed for 'sensitive' skins that only made me flare up and itch, until I found this baby.
I use it all over my body and even on my face, I don't find it sticky or greasy at all as it soaks into my skin pretty quickly and then just feels supple.
My ezcema is barely noticeable anymore because of this stuff, which is great because I can limit the amount of hydrocortisone cream I have to use to control the flare ups.
However this isn't just for people with skin problems, I would not hesitate to recommend this cream to anybody! It's a wonderful body moisturiser, especially after bathing with it's emollients and humectants to lock the moisture in.
I don't imagine everyone will enjoy it's heaviness on their face, but I think people with dry skin will love it.
For those concerned, it's also free of evil parabens, lanolins and fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2007 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Ciaofiore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My dermatologist recommended this to me when I was using retin-A micro. At the time, it was good for my flaky skin. Fast forward ten years: no longer using retin-A, (though using d/s retinol products) and I do not need such intense moisture. For a lotion, this is indeed intense moisture and other reviewers are absolutely correct in saying that in can feel greasy. This does not, however cause breakouts, which is great. Now, though I use it for the delicate skin around my eyes and for my neck, each night and morning. I have never found a cream specifically for eyes that works as well as this Cetaphil lotion. It does not sting, and makes applying undereye concealor smooth. Considering I use so little, this bottle will last me forever, however with the packaging, it is hard to travel with, so being that I cannot go a day without it, I have a special little travel bottle just for my cetaphil "eye cream". Love it for my eyes, not necessarily for my face.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2007 4:29:00 AM More reviews by bobsy

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't mind it on my body, find it a bit sticky on my face, but it's my boy's HG moisturiser for face and body. He has rosacea and eczema and swears by this stuff.
Pros: Unscented, v moisturising, well priced.
Cons: It tends to stay quite sticky.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2007 6:38:00 PM More reviews by smontema

EDIT: I was right the first time. It was too heavy. It was one of the reasons I was always breaking out, even with so much benzoyl peroxide. I used it for three months on Dan Kern's regimen, and while it did soothe my skin and prevent flakes, I'm pretty sure it was the combination of cetearyl alchohol and ceteareth 20, and maybe the macadamia nut oil, that contributed to the formation of acne. But it's perfect for lips, hands, and body! And for that, I kept the rating at 4 lippies, instead of taking any off for the adverse reaction my face had while using it.

I avoided this product for a while because I had heard that it was too heavy and greasy for the face. But I use a lot of benzoyl peroxide so I need the extra moisture, since my skin starts to flake without it. I was a bit apprehensive at first, but this moisturizer did the job, and very well too. I haven't broken out, and my skin is sooooo soft. I also use this for my lips, as they tend to crack. It's the most moisturizing lotion I've ever tried. I only use it at night, since it doesn't have SPF. I've only been using this for a couple weeks, so I'll see how it works out in the long run. So far I'm very very very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2007 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Baptista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is unexpectedly wonderful! I only bought this because it is quite cheap for the amount you get and figured if I didn't like it it could be a body moisturizer. However, my skin absolutely loves this stuff, which is amazing because I have very sensitive yet clog prone skin which is a bizarre combination of oily and dry. This really seems to balance my skin, and gets rid of all those dehydration lines. I can even put this around my eyes, and it moisturizes better than the newish Clinique All About Eyes Rich (which I had been using but luckily will not need to repurchase). I do wear this in the day time even though I am an oil slick so I occaisionally blot, but my skin is much more comfortable (and I think sort of less oily) when it doesnt get dried out. All around great product, my nails and cuticles love it too.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2007 2:49:00 PM More reviews by pancakegood

Well, I LOVE that this product doesn't irritate my skin but I think it makes me greasy. I just think it may be too much for my skin in the summer, but I haven't been able to find anything else out there that has no smell and is this gentle.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2007 4:35:00 PM More reviews by makeuplovaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i use it at night with my Tazorac. Great product.