October 20, 2014 | 1959 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2007 6:25:00 PM More reviews by cejl

I bought this based on the reviews here and because the price was right (about 7 bucks at the pharmacy in Canada). I needed some extra moisture because of the frigid climate in Montreal combined with retinol (skinceuticals 1% retinol cream)... my normally oily/combo skin was flaky, dry and red. I used this stuff for 3 days and my skin was totally hydrated, protected from the elements, and glowing.. however after the 4 th day, I had a few very minor pimples on my jaw line. So, my verdict is that it *is* comodegenic (contains cetearyl alcohol + ceteareth­ 20), but it works quite well if your skin is really dried out. So, I will use this only when I have very dry, red patches from winter weather and as I adjust to my 1% retinol. As well, it is fine as a simple eye cream and it also works wonderfully on the rest of my body and my hands. Scentless and gentle.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2007 11:39:00 AM More reviews by golickaclown

This big bottle is going to last forever, and I only use this from time to time. I'm really looking for a good moisturizer. I use this when necessary, but not otherwise. I might use more after my Mario Badescu sample runs out because I don't think I can afford MB's right now. I just don't love it. It's a little thick, a little greasy... I wouldn't recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2007 2:49:00 PM More reviews by christinaquattrone

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love this stuff. Cheap, leaves my skin feeling moisturized and soft, and you get a lot. "Bang for your buck" as they say. :P

I only need a little bit, and I have the pump which gives me FAR too much, even with one pump of the top. Even too much to cover my face AND neck without feeling or looking greasy, lol. So you really do only need a bit. That'd be my only complaint, but that's it. :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2007 4:20:00 AM More reviews by dilllll90

I don't think this is working on my skin. maybe because the paraben family? My skin never liked parabens too much, esp. when there's more than three parabens listed. who know. it's not as smooth as the lotion, besides, it made my face itcy. I'll just use it as a body moisturizer then, which amazingly, it made my skin soft and supple and stopped winter itchy all together.
UPDATE: I just fingered out what ingredient that I'm reacting to, it's the Mac nut oil. I tend to break out on this ingredient.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2007 8:19:00 PM More reviews by Indyaah_dahar

I have extremely sensitive skin and the cetaphil cream worked wonders with that. The mosturizer, however, made my face feel like it had a layer of grease coating it. I like the cream, however the mosturizer isn't something I'm going to use again.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2007 11:03:00 PM More reviews by khourianya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have heard people rave about Cetaphil (both the cleanser and the moisurizer) for years. I gave both an honest shot one summer and can't say I was impressed with either. The moisurizer, in particular, was not a fave of mine. It just felt like it wasn't doing it's job. Just my experience - yours may differ. I personally won't go back to it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 5:16:00 AM More reviews by sadiemonster

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion is a staple for me. I'm using the Australian variety, which may differ slightly, but is basically the same. I didn't like it at first because I found it quite sticky after application, but although sticky it's not greasy (ie., slippery) and I noticed when I glanced in the mirror a few hours later my skin had a dewy effect which didn't diminish for ages, so if a little stickiness is payoff for a dewy, fresh-looking complexion, then all is forgiven. I also found that you only need the tiniest amount and it smoothes readily over the skin, whereas with basic oilier moisturizers I like to gouge a handful out of the pot and slather it all over my thirsty skin. I have combination skin and use Cetaphil all over my face in the morning, but still prefer a richer cream in the evening, which I only put under my eyes and on dry areas like cheeks and brows. It makes a perfect base for oil-free foundations (I use Estee Lauder Double Wear), and it's so cheap and one bottle lasts forever, so I'll definitely keep buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2007 7:38:00 PM More reviews by yougotpinked

I have Eczema, and Cetaphil is the only body moisturizer that doesn't make me break out in rashes. I use it every time I come out of the shower, and my skin is perfectly smooth by the time my hair is dry. I recommend it to people who have very sensitive and dry skin. I've tried everything before this from Lubriderm to Aveeno and only Cetaphil has been a H.G. I've been using it since the 6th grade, (fyi: I am now in college) and I'll never go back to anything ever again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2007 2:25:00 PM More reviews by gambitlizard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this oil-free, unscented moisturizer. Doesn't cause breakouts and leaves my skin soft and supple. It can prove too greasy in summertime when my oil production is at its peak. Comes in a large container with a pump dispenser. Would love it even more if it came with sunscreen. Also makes for a wonderful body lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2007 11:57:00 AM More reviews by pamaz

This is the only moisturizer I keep around. It works well for my combo acne-prone face and also is perfect for moisturizing wherever else on my body that's feeling dry. The large pump container is neat and economical. Will continue to repurchase, although I have switched to the generic version.