July 24, 2014 | 1622 users online

Moisturizers - Cetaphil - Moisturizing Lotion

rated 1 of 5 on 11/24/2007 11:03:00 PM More reviews by khourianya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have heard people rave about Cetaphil (both the cleanser and the moisurizer) for years. I gave both an honest shot one summer and can't say I was impressed with either. The moisurizer, in particular, was not a fave of mine. It just felt like it wasn't doing it's job. Just my experience - yours may differ. I personally won't go back to it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2007 5:16:00 AM More reviews by sadiemonster

Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion is a staple for me. I'm using the Australian variety, which may differ slightly, but is basically the same. I didn't like it at first because I found it quite sticky after application, but although sticky it's not greasy (ie., slippery) and I noticed when I glanced in the mirror a few hours later my skin had a dewy effect which didn't diminish for ages, so if a little stickiness is payoff for a dewy, fresh-looking complexion, then all is forgiven. I also found that you only need the tiniest amount and it smoothes readily over the skin, whereas with basic oilier moisturizers I like to gouge a handful out of the pot and slather it all over my thirsty skin. I have combination skin and use Cetaphil all over my face in the morning, but still prefer a richer cream in the evening, which I only put under my eyes and on dry areas like cheeks and brows. It makes a perfect base for oil-free foundations (I use Estee Lauder Double Wear), and it's so cheap and one bottle lasts forever, so I'll definitely keep buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2007 7:38:00 PM More reviews by yougotpinked

I have Eczema, and Cetaphil is the only body moisturizer that doesn't make me break out in rashes. I use it every time I come out of the shower, and my skin is perfectly smooth by the time my hair is dry. I recommend it to people who have very sensitive and dry skin. I've tried everything before this from Lubriderm to Aveeno and only Cetaphil has been a H.G. I've been using it since the 6th grade, (fyi: I am now in college) and I'll never go back to anything ever again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2007 2:25:00 PM More reviews by gambitlizard

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this oil-free, unscented moisturizer. Doesn't cause breakouts and leaves my skin soft and supple. It can prove too greasy in summertime when my oil production is at its peak. Comes in a large container with a pump dispenser. Would love it even more if it came with sunscreen. Also makes for a wonderful body lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2007 11:57:00 AM More reviews by pamaz

This is the only moisturizer I keep around. It works well for my combo acne-prone face and also is perfect for moisturizing wherever else on my body that's feeling dry. The large pump container is neat and economical. Will continue to repurchase, although I have switched to the generic version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2007 12:27:00 PM More reviews by fermidiracgirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this as a last resort. My skin has been really dry, red, irritated, and flaky since starting retin A, and Ive been in search of a basic non-irritating moisturizer. I should have bought this first! I tried cetaphil cream and cerave cream and they clogged my pores. must have been the petrolatum. Well, I bought the walmart version of the cetaphil lotion, $5 for a 16oz pump bottle is a steal! And it hasnt caused any breakouts or stinging. People complain that its greasy, but they're using too much. You only need a very small amount, like a pea sized amount, and it wont be greasy. Having said that, this bottle will last forever. This is a godsend for my flaky, peely, skin. Try this before you try anything else, because if it doesnt work, you're only out 5 bucks! Whereas I must have spent hundred of dollars this year on moisturizers alone, and none of them were as good as this!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2007 11:16:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

It is a great moisturizer. I have the one for dry skin. It makes my skin very silky and soft. It is also non-greasy.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2007 4:02:00 AM More reviews by b_lizard

Doesn't seem to absorb into my combination skin. Wish it did great for me cos it's really affordable but too bad... i'll just have to keep seaching for my HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2007 2:49:00 AM More reviews by exoticorchid

This is my all time favourite moisturiser. I CANNOT go without it!
I went for years with eczema and sensitive skin using formulations designed for 'sensitive' skins that only made me flare up and itch, until I found this baby.
I use it all over my body and even on my face, I don't find it sticky or greasy at all as it soaks into my skin pretty quickly and then just feels supple.
My ezcema is barely noticeable anymore because of this stuff, which is great because I can limit the amount of hydrocortisone cream I have to use to control the flare ups.
However this isn't just for people with skin problems, I would not hesitate to recommend this cream to anybody! It's a wonderful body moisturiser, especially after bathing with it's emollients and humectants to lock the moisture in.
I don't imagine everyone will enjoy it's heaviness on their face, but I think people with dry skin will love it.
For those concerned, it's also free of evil parabens, lanolins and fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2007 5:06:00 PM More reviews by Ciaofiore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My dermatologist recommended this to me when I was using retin-A micro. At the time, it was good for my flaky skin. Fast forward ten years: no longer using retin-A, (though using d/s retinol products) and I do not need such intense moisture. For a lotion, this is indeed intense moisture and other reviewers are absolutely correct in saying that in can feel greasy. This does not, however cause breakouts, which is great. Now, though I use it for the delicate skin around my eyes and for my neck, each night and morning. I have never found a cream specifically for eyes that works as well as this Cetaphil lotion. It does not sting, and makes applying undereye concealor smooth. Considering I use so little, this bottle will last me forever, however with the packaging, it is hard to travel with, so being that I cannot go a day without it, I have a special little travel bottle just for my cetaphil "eye cream". Love it for my eyes, not necessarily for my face.