April 16, 2014 | 1970 users online

Lip Treatments - Maybelline - Baby Lips Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Ceesaroni

This is supposed to be one of the newest fad of lip products which combines a tint plus moisturizing properties (awesome!) and so far these are the only brand of them that I found not to be drying. I guess the drawback of them has to be the lack of intensity of color (no where near as pigmented as a lipstick) but it does just what it promises, TINTS. I like these because they blend with the natural color of your lips so its not completely obvious you're wearing a colored product. VEEERY natural :]

The feeling isnt greasy nor heavy at all, it feels just like you're wearing a lip balm.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2012 11:25:00 AM More reviews by girlnextd00rr

I bought this in Cherry (colourless) because my lips were starting to peel recently. The product claims to give users baby lips, with permanent use. Maybe because I've only been using this for a few days, but my lips feel more chapped rather than baby smooth! A friend told me to continue using it because the peeling might be a form of "exfoliation", but my lips actually looked better once I stopped applying it.

The packaging is super cute, and I love lip balms that smell nice. But a lip balm that worsens your lip condition is useless!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/10/2012 5:28:00 AM More reviews by cboylove

The clear one just sits on top of my lips and makes them peel, the packaging is cute but this isn't that great. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2012 9:13:00 AM More reviews by PeaceLuvRikki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! I got it in quenched and peach kiss and so far I'm loving both! I especially love quenched because it smells so good. The packaging is cute,and all around this products is a definite must.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by DW1989

Love. Just love this. I will not leave my house with this product. I use the plain on (I think it's called Quenched) every single day. I put it on my lips before I apply any lipstick or gloss, and I also just wear it alone. I absolutely love it. I used to be obsessed with the Nieva lip products but have moved onto this one.
I also have the peach colored on (Peach Kiss) and I love that one too. When I'm not going to wear a lip color, I use that one just so I have at little bit of color. I have naturally pigmented lips so it gives just a pretty little bit of color over them.
Love this product, will probably buy untill it isn't made anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Acupofbri

I've found my go-to lip balm! I absolutely adore my Cherry Me Baby Lips! My lips and the area around them have been pretty flaky, and I thought I'd try this since to see what all the hype was about. Within a day of using it I could already see and feel the results! My lips no longer are peeling (and none of that weird white gooey looking stuff from dry skin being super soaked but not "fixed") and they are SOOOO soft and smooth!

As for the appearance, PERFECT! It gives me the most ideal, natural shade of red/pink and is very subtle.

My only complaint is a slight sticky feeling...but that's probably from me rubbing them together and licking them all the time. I honestly just don't remember my lips ever feeling this healthy and I think that's why I can't stop!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PRODUCT! Definitely buying this again...and again...and again. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2012 1:55:00 AM More reviews by fayecamille

i love this product as much as i love color pink

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by jadedgal05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought Baby Lips lip balm by Maybelline in Peach Kiss around a year ago & I LOVE IT. The color, smell, the weight of the product on, it's all a win-win. The packaging is vivid, extremely colorful & makes this product easy to find in my makeup bag.
I bought Baby Lips because I saw it advertised & was curious....Maybelline had brilliant advertising papering all women's magazines with prominent advertisements.

After buying & loving Bany Lips in Peach Kiss I picked up Pink Punch (sheer hot pink w/ a sugary sweet slightly fruity scent), another Peach Kiss (sheer, shimmery peach nude w/ peachy fruity scent), then recently Coral Crush (sheer bright neon-ish orange w/ a soft orange-y fruit scent) & Twinkle (sheer slightly shimmery pale ALMOST clear pink tone w/ a soft lemony, sweet scent).

My favorites in terms of USE are Coral Crush, Peach Kiss, Twinkle & Pink Punch. I tend to like nude, apricot or peachy tones on the lips for everyday. If I am going to be wearing bright lip hues I choose them in a matte texture rather than glossy. Our of all the Baby Lips shades I tried, Pink Punch had the highest color payoff. I liked the scent, thought the color was gorgeous, just not on me.

As for the "claim" of 8 hour moisturerization made by Maybelline regarding this product I'm thinking MAYBE?Yes, my lips still feel comfortable after the balm wears away & for a few hours after. Maybe this is whet the claim means, that your lips will still be & feel moisturized for 8 hours after consistent & continued use. NOT that the product actually WEARS (meaning stays on your lips 8 hours without touch ups) on your lips for 8 hours.

My lips weren't chapped when I started using them but became chapped after the weather changed & I was still pleased with the results.

The product texture of Baby Lips when applied, was light, non-greasy, non-sticky & had a pleasant slickness to it. They work well alone or over lip liner, lipstick, lipstain (my favorite, or alone. I never experienced my lips peeling b/c of this product.

I will state that IF my lips become super chapped after a cold snap, I will revert to using Fresh Sugar lip balm in clear (nightly) or the Rose tint a few times a week until the worst chapping goes away & then I pick up my baby lips again! Yes, Fresh lip balm is thicker, a little richer application, resulting in fast acting chapped lip care. But it's also expensive while Baby Lips is MUCH, MUCH CHEAPER. I just keep both around.

I am still reeling from 1 reviewer saying she thought Baby Lips was better than Fresh Sugar lip balm.....Baby Lips is good, but let's not get carried away.

On the whole, I LOVE the Baby Lips shades I have & I will purchase again. I've bought Baby Lips as singles ($3.00) & as a 2 pack ($5.50). So it's a good deal to me. I like that the 2 pack feature 2 VERY different shades & in my case, 2 limited edition shades. Very cool.

Bottom Line:
If you like sheer lip colors, that deliver a glossy, non-sticky sheen with a light color deposit & a soft scent, then this is for you. It has super cute, old school (very Bonne Bell) bright packaging that makes it easy to locate in your bag AND fun to use.

There is no waxy feel to this lip balm, so Chapstick (<---I HATE CHAPSTICK) & Carmex (<-----I hate CARMEX MORE) lovers be warned, this lip balm with its light non-waxy feel, it isn't for you.

I WILL buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by mikxoh

Wah, I got jipped! Pulled into the hype and what a flop. I think my expectations for these guys were WAY TOO DAMN HIGH. I know for a fact that if I wasn't aware of the raves/popularity of these balms I would've at least given it a 3 star rating.

I picked up 3 of them and returned them later that week :l They were greasy feelin' and didn't condition my lips any better than some of my cheaper alternatives [ex. dr,pepper lip smackers, carmex etc]. It just fell so flat for me. I'm a chapstick lover and these guys didn't even make the cut for me to store them away for later use.

If you love buying hyped products then go ahead and purchase these to your heart's content. Thumbs down from me for this average over hyped product :<

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 4:16:00 PM More reviews by McCarthyx17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love these! Moisturizing! Great for protecting and treating chapped lips. I love the clear and colored ones.