October 21, 2014 | 903 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2012 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Yansa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent product. Love the finish, the texture, and the feel. But I'm absolutely confuddled as to how they feel it makes sense to provide ROWS of testers of the product WITH a pump, for a foundation that does not come with a pump. After using MAC F&B and Revlon ColorStay, the pump was a major selling point for me. Now it's gotta go back, just because....

I'm not sure if Sephora or Nars is the culprit, but it stands to reason that if you think store associates and potential customers need a pump to TRY the product, then a pump is probably the best idea for those idiots like me who are actually dumb enough to BUY it.

Very disappointed. Mainly because NOWHERE does it say that the product doesn't come with a pump. Yeah, I should have done better research, but still.

Meh.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2012 1:46:00 AM More reviews by ChloeYoung

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

generally I like it because it's the first foundation to keep its word of 'glowing' on my extra extra dry face.Even on winter days when my skin is troubled with danders ,it can apply smoothly without leaving any visible trace.And it lasts an entire day without darkening,which is very important because I hate to power up again and again.But what is not so satisfying is that it's too glowy and clear to offer enough coverage.I'll have to work with extra concealers to cover my acnes.
I use the color DEAUVILLE and it fits perfectly as most foundations' lightest tone cannot fit on my sightly pale complexion.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2012 4:25:00 PM More reviews by Mica

I like this foundation a lot. When I wear it, I seem to get more compliments on my skin. I don't get a lot of compliments on it, so that's a big deal for me. It isn't completely dewy or glowy, but not matte either, which I like. I wear it in the shade Deauville, and I am an NC20 in MAC. It has not broken me out as far as I know, but I rotate foundations a lot, so it would be hard to say. The coverage is really good for my occasional acne. It makes me feel pretty! I intend to keep buying this foundation because it works pretty well for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2012 3:53:00 PM More reviews by SH81

I only bought this foundation recently and considering that there has been so much hype around this it's quite late really.

The problem when something is hyped is that you expect it to be out of this world - I think that's what I thought when buying it so I was obviously set for disappointment.

Ok, so even if I forget about all the hype and the fact that my expectation were set so high, I still donlt like this foundation.

One thing many people have said that it isn't glowing - it's actually quite a matte finish at first. I think that was the first disappointment considering that it's called sheer glow.

This foundation isn't sold as long lasting but any high end foundation should at least stand pretty well in that department. This one doesn't and it's not because I'm oily skinned. In fact I am normal to dry which is what this foundation is aimed at.

I found that at at the end of the work day I could feel the foundation on my face and around my face area it was actually slipping off when I checked in the mirror.

It is recommended that you also use the Nars primer with this but I donlt like to own a foundation wear I have to wear a primer for it to work - when you spend that much money and it's meant to be fabulous it should work with or without a primer.

Now maybe I am in a minority here because know that there are a lot of people that swear for this foundation but for it just didn't live up to the hype.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by veraszcz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The coverage and look of this fondation is great and can look natural if blended well. It is for sure way tooo expensive and nothing too special to be worth almost 50$... It can also break you out if you have acne prone skin so you need to be careful when washing it off. The packaging is terrible it needs a pump!! It got all over my clothing and bags all the time. The lasting power isn't that great either. You can find something cheaper and even better than thisfoundation although overall it is a decent foundation but just not worth the price because the cons outweigh the pros.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The shade Deauville is a good match for NC25 skin tone. This was my go to liquid foundation when I had a big night/event to attend and wanted coverage, but not mask like (pet peeve). I had no need for concealer. 1 layer provided all the coverage I needed

It is great for drier skin types. It gives a glowy, yet not dewy effect. I am not a fan of highlighters because I somehow always seem to over do it, but this provides the somewhat highlighted effect I want.

This is a wondrful foundation, however I will not purchase again because I am transitioning to more natural makeup and most importantly cruelty free is a non negotiable for me. NARS may not test on animals but it is owned by Shiseido who does. At the end of the day, Shiseido is reaping the profits from NARS sales.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2012 3:08:00 AM More reviews by nuvitadoll

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I thought MAC foundation was the best... That's until I tried NARS sheer glow! I normally wear NC25 in MAC foundations and I have Deauville in NARS. I usually mix Deauville with mont blanc in the day time, since Deauville is still a tad bit tan for me. It's a light weight foundation that blends beautifully. I once wore it to work, and still looked fresh after a 9 hour long day. It's so pigmented that I don't need to use much

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by kinonyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have quite fair peachy-pink skin with lots of blending-together freckles. I like foundations that are sheer but finished-looking, but it's always been hard for me to find the right color--in the past most foundations have usually been too tan or too brown or too pink, and if they're off, my skin looks dull. Same with texture: if they're too heavy, my skin looks dry and it wreaks havoc with the freckles.

So for years I wore Prescriptives custom-blend, which was always perfect as long as I added lots of luminizer and didn't apply it too thickly and finished it with powder, or Prescriptives Traceless. I suddenly came to the end of my stash of Traceless on a trip and didn't really have time to order it again, so I did some research, visited a Sephora, and discovered Sheer Glow in Montblanc, which seems to be my perfect match! Color-wise, it is slightly gold with just the right pinky undertone. Texture-wise, It has a wonderfully luminous look, and it somehow lets my freckles shine through, while also covering a red mark that's looking increasingly red as I age . . . . and that mark stays covered all day long. Better yet it looks great without luminizer or powder. Applied with a brush I find it works better if the brush is damp; but mostly I've just been mixing it into my moisturizer. The packaging leaves a bit to be desired--I wish it came with a pump (you have to go out and buy one). But other than that, I am totally sod. Since I've worn Nars blush for years, I don't know why I never thought to look at their foundation before.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by tabbycam

Okay, I waited a couple of months to review this product because I wanted to make sure that I wasn't giving some glowing review only to realize that it broke me out or wasn't the right color etc. etc. etc.

And now I can say fully that this product doesn't break me out, and is the only true color match I've ever found (including mufe, which everyone tells me can do pale skin but I found a little off for my neutralish/yellowish/white skin.) I wear the shade Siberia, which is yellow-tinted but still very pale. It blends beautifully - not having a pump is annoying but I just put a little product on the back of my hand and apply it from there with my fingers. I'd say definitely exfoliate and moisturize daily because this product easily picks up if you have any dry patches but it definitely doesn't create those dry patches. If I've exfoliated and moisturized - as I think most people need to do anyway - I never have a problem with Sheer Glow and dry patches, it makes the texture of my skin satiny and smooth. It doesn't oxidize to a weird, darker color like I've found with some Dior foundations either. It stays true to the color you picked out for your skin. I feel like the coverage it gives is perfect: it easily, without needing to build it up, Sheer Glow covers any red spots or unevenness. If anything, there might be a little TOO much coverage for those of you who prefer a very it's-as-if-I'm-not-wearing-makeup-but-actually-I-am kind of look.

So, the cons? I don't know, I can't give it five stars but it's the only foundation I will actually rebuy rather than just immediately trying something new. I do feel like I need to touch it up during the day to keep a flawless look because it does let oil come through, and it definitely looks like you're wearing foundation. I find it's more of an airbrushed, artificial look than a natural one.

This is the closest I've come to an HG foundation. For me, the color match of this foundation overrides any issues that I have with it, so if you feel like you're constantly searching for a foundation that isn't a shade or two too yellow/pink/beige for you I would definitely give this a try.

EDIT:

You know what - I'm going to bring this up from a 4 to a 5. I think I was unnecessarily harsh on a product that has really been such a benefit to me. I'm on my second bottle of it now - and I never re-buy foundations, I'm always moving onto the next thing. It feels lightweight and creamy to me, and blends beautifully into my skin. I have dry skin and sometimes don't need to set this with powder, if my skin gets a little shiny I just apply some pressed powder with a light touch. I haven't worn it in the summer yet so I don't know how it'll hold up but it works well within the office and in the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 10:51:00 AM More reviews by hbeeteevee

My HG foundation. This stuff is perfect. I have fair, combination skin and the second to lightest shade suits me perfectly. I love this because of the way it blends into the skin(smooth and beautifully), the finish(soft, natural, medium coverage, slightly dewy), and the fact that a little goes a long way. Such a perfect foundation.