NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 3/7/2013 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Sheer Glow is misleading. There is nothing sheer or glowy about it. I have combination skin and I prefer a luminous or dewy foundation. This foundation #1 is super yellow. I wear 30 in Vitaluminere (Chanel) and a NC 35 in the new Moisture Mineral foundation from MAC and this is just way to yellow. After a couple hours of wear it separated. I tried loose and pressed on top in my tone and it was horrible. I wore it without powder and the foundation wore off within hours. For this product to be $42 dollars its not worth it. Some people rave on this product. I think you either love it or hate it.

on 3/6/2013 6:45:00 AM

My skin is usually oily/combination with shine on my T-zone but had become quite dry in winter. I was using MAC studio fix and MAC studio sculpt but felt they were a little heavy and noticed all the chemicals in them were really effecting the quality of my skin sans make up. Nars sheer glow took a bit of getting used to application wise but once i'd tried a few different ways of applying it i got a good result. When i first apply it it can look more matte than you would expect from the 'glow' in the title but after a few hours wear (less if you are in a warm environment) it really looks nice and dewy. The coverage is much lighter than my MAC foundations, i'd say it was a light coverage, so at first i was a bit frusted with the product as it tends to go a bit flakey and cakey if you use too much. Areas of my skin with no blemishes covered really nicely and looked healthy and natural however i would definitely recommend using a seperate concealer for spots, blemishes and dark circles. I find following NARS advice and applying with your fingers gets the best result, setting with powder helps the foundation last but can matify too much which kinda defeats the whole point of buying this product. I apply in the morning, wait a few hours for the 'glow' to set in then I dont need to apply for a good 6-8 hours, sometimes i dont bother at all, just touch up a few of my blemishes with concealer. It's not one of those foundations that looks crap and patchy when it wears off either, it wears really nicely. Although the colour choices are limited, I probably won't be able to buy the right shade for me in summer when i have a tan, i love love love 'stromboli'. It was a bit light for me when i first bought it but as my skin has lost more of it's tan over the winter months it's looked better and better. It's also really hard to find the right tone for my olive skin in other brands, i need quite a high percent of yellow in my foundation to work for my skin tone so stromboli was perfect and i found the darker shades had a slightly redder tinge to them. The one plus point with NARS that i havent found with other products is it has really improved the quality of my skin sans make up just as it promised! I wear the foundation everyday and usually reapply once a day and my skin has not suffered like it does with other foundations. I still get breakouts but i think thats just ineviatible with my skin! The colour and texture of the rest of my face definitely looks healthier.
Value for money is a difficult one as its not a heavy foundation that will instantly make you look flawless, it's more of an everyday natural skin brightening foundation, that makes it hard to say its worth spending lots of money on as it's essentially your own skin, just improved. I'd definitely consider buying it again over MAC foundations and they are only £5-£10 cheaper for the same amount. The packaging is a bit annoying as I wasn't aware I needed to buy a seperate pump so I have ended up wasting product by pouring it out of the bottle, so far it has lasted me about 6 weeks with a 30ml bottle at £29.50 and it's getting close to the end but i've probably got a week or two left of foundation. My MAC foundations usually last me 3 months which is one month more than NARS but it could just be due to product wastage from not having a pump.
Overall i would definitely recommend this foundation, just make sure you buy a pump!

on 3/5/2013 3:14:00 AM

Generally it is a pretty good foundation if u dont like spf in foundation。I am combination to oily skin ,when first put it on, it has a nice satin finish,medium to full coverage。After 4.5 hours i need to touch up for my nose and forhead。After all day for work about 12hours am not a shinning grease ball but i need to touch up every 2.5hours

on 3/3/2013 8:12:00 AM

Do not buy it. It is waste of money. The cheaper foundation do the same trick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this foundation!

PROS:
- The shade Gobi was a perfect match.
- The coverage is light/medium. (I like a light base. )
- Looks natural, sinks into the skin, doesn't feel heavy.
- As the day wears on, you notice the 'glow'.
- It's not "dewy".

CONS:
- Expensive.
- Need to buy a pump separately.
- When it comes to dry patches, it is a bit a bit more forgiving than some foundations but it isn't perfect.

on 2/28/2013 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Got a sample of this to try in the ongoing search to replace my now-discontinued HG foundation. Not a winner for me.

It felt like I had to blend and blend and blend this one even though the color was pretty good. The finish screamed "makeup"! It also melted off pretty quickly.

Nothing to write home about. Just an OK liquid foundation, I wouldn't buy this for my fair combination skin. I think I'll try again with a newer setting powder I just bought, but I don't think my results will be much different.

on 2/23/2013 8:24:00 PM

I have very pale olive skin and Deauville is the only liquid foundation that has ever looked natural on my skin. This foundation is perfect to me, I've been using it for several years now and will continue to purchase. It does tend to melt off during very hot, humid days, but really ever foundation I've tried does in those circumstances. It really evens out my skin and wears well. I hate the matte Nars packaging(in this case, the lid), it looks great when new but tends to get dirty and never cleans up nicely.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

For reference I'm an NC35- I use Nars Sheer Glow in the shade Stromboli.

This foundation seemed to be heaven sent when I first had the MUA at Sephora test this on me. The color match was the best I had been able to find up until recently. It can be very frustrating trying to find a good color match for olive skin (for someone who is not Asian). This foundation does not last long, broke me out here and there, was streaky, and looked unnatural in daylight once you out of the lighting in Sephora. I had become so frustrated with finding a foundation that I SETTLED for this.

I have sensitive (reactive), dry skin, and my HG foundation now is Lancome Tient Idole 24 HR foundation. If you have been searching for the perfect foundation for your olive skintone head straight over to Lancome, you won't regret it. Don't settle for Nars like I did.

on 2/23/2013 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I can't imagine my life without it. No seriously. This is myHG foundation now ! I only have a sample because I wanted to try it prior to buying it. (You know 55$can is pretty damn dirty expensive. BUUUUT a little goes a looooooong way !! My sample contains something like 3 drops hahaha an I expect it to last for 2 weeks, since I really don't need a lot. I used to wear covergirl, maybeline blablabla but I aaaalways had to mix it with Halloween white makeup. Pathetic I know. But I'm just so damn pale. Which is weird cause I have very dark brows and hair. ANYWAYS ! I wear the Gobi shade, which is very fair, but has yellow undertones to it. I would wear the Siberia one, which is the lightest shade, however it contains some pink undertones and I definitely don't have pink undertones ( I tried it there an I looked like an angry tomato. Anyways.) Gobi fits so well ! It's a bit darker than my actual face shade but you can't really notice since the undertones are perfect. It's something between light and medium coverage, which is perfect for me. I just wear it in my t-zone since I have some redness and blemishes there. With the yellow undertones, it perfectly hides the redness and the blemishes, with only a tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny bit of the foundation. My skin looks flawless, without any blemish, and you can't even notice that I have foundation on. I'm a foundation junkie, literally. I have something like 1047281 bottles of foundation, but they aallll are too dark or too pink for my skin so yay I bought them for nothing. But Nars is te perfect shade. When I run out of product I will definitely buy it, cause its worth all the pennies. I expect it to last for something like 10 months or more, so instead of buying every week a new bottle of crap foundation for 20$ each (lol) well I will buy a 55$ high quality one that will last forever. So yeah ! Go buy it ! Oh by the way I have normal skin, not dry nor oily.

I bought this foundation thinking it was finally a foundation that had everything I needed.. it comes in a super pale shade and its made to have a nice glow upon the skin.. the coverage on this foundation tho is terrible.. The only reason I use it and would buy it again is its so light and matches my skin so good I mix it with other foundations to get the right shade that I need so that I wont have a makeup line.