NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

on 3/30/2013 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to love this foundation, but I just couldn't. The lightest shade is too yellowy on me, and the next shade up was too dark. I couldn't find the right colour and it was so disappointing. The foundation itself was nothing special; I like how it applied onto my face, but it really accentuated the dry spots on my skin and didn't have much staying power.

This foundation is my PERFECT shade. The only downsides are the $60 price tag, and the fact that it doesn't come with a pump.

on 3/27/2013 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I received a sample of this foundation first and used it for a week to ensure I wasn't going to experience any breakouts. Yay for no bad reaction!! After a week, I ended up purchasing the full size bottle in the color Ceylan. I really enjoy this foundation because the color match is on point. I'm Asian with extremely yellow skin and 99% of the time, foundations are too pink. I use this layered on top of my Skin79 Orange BB Cream and the results are a "my skin, but better" look. I def recommend this if you just want to even out your skin tone. The price is high, but honestly I haven't found anything comparable to it in regards to color and coverage so it wasn't like I had another alternative.

on 3/22/2013 2:49:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This foundation honestly disappoints the hell out of me and I wish it didn't. I bought this because I used the shade Deauville in the summer and it was just okay but I saw how light the shade Siberia was and needed it because my skin is really pale in winter. My skin is also dehydrated and flaky and this makes them look absolutely dreadful. In the summer I find this to be an okay foundation- definitely nothing special but in winter this applies really unevenly despite what technique I use (fingers, beauty blender, paddle blush, flat top kabuki brush). It also wears off unevenly too. This makes me so mad because it is IMPOSSIBLE for me to find a shade light enough for my skin in the winter and when I finally find it as I do this just doesn't work. Grrr. Will not repurchase. If you have any flakes or dry skin, you'll probably hate this too.

on 3/22/2013 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I could write sonnets about this foundation. I love love love it. It makes me look glowy and dewy and lovely. It's best applied with hands I have found. I am not keen on it when I applied it with a brush. It did not irritate my sensitive skin, which is a huge plus. It's a great shade match for me too (I wear Mont Blanc). I highly recommend trying this foundation if you like your skin radiant and glowing!

Edit: Okay so maybe it was because it was around summer when I posted my original review, but I have started to HATE this foundation. Especially now I am drier. It's so difficult to work with if you are VERY dry. I have to put my body weight in moisturizer on my face and then some La Roche Posay thermal water to get the right amount of slip for this foundation to work into my skin correctly. Also I don't know what I was thinking when I said its radiant and glowing. This is such a matte foundation. When I wear BB Skin or MUFE HD I have to powder during the day, but this one sets and stays matte. I think this would be a good choice for combo dry skin but if you are just dry STAY AWAY.

on 3/17/2013 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got a sample of this from sephora, which I was able to use 6 times. I didn't hate it completely but I would never purchase this.

I have an excellent primer that makes my make up go on beautifully and controls my oil all day. It plays nicely with every foundation I've used with it. NARS sheer glow manages to circumvent my primer and emphasize my pores (the sebaceous filaments on my nose OH GOD) and fine lines. It has a mask like effect and is pale enough but too yellow for my skin. When I tried to use less, it dried too quickly to blend. Like sheer matte, this dries extremely fast.

From a distance in a mirror, I looked flawless. This is VERY heavy coverage and you need it, you might not mind my complaints.

on 3/17/2013 1:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Before buying products, I usually like to do my research so when I was looking for a foundation, I looked up Nars sheer glow because I've heard so many good things on it. My biggest concern is breakout and coverage, as I'm sure many of us are. I recently recovered from a massive breakout and it left many, many unsightly scars and hyperpigmentation. And I'm quite fair (my shade is Ceylan in Nars Sheer Glow) which means my hyperpigmentation is more visible! I've been using this foundation for over a month now and I have to say I'm quite happy with it. It hasn't broken me out yet (unlike the makeupforever mat velvet + ) and it does a nice job evening out my skin tone. However, it doesn't cover up my purple hyperpigmentation (that's really my concealer's job) and it emphasizes my dry patches so if you have dry skin, I'd stay away from it. Of course, I've been told that its buildable, but I despise having a cake face and feeling like there's a mask on my face. Overall, it's a nice foundation and yes, I'd buy it again.

PS. I also brought that pump because I'm quite anal about hygenics and the amount of foundation I use, after all, this isn't a cheap foundation....

my favourite foundation! I apply it with my fingers using tapping motions, or using a foundation brush. why I love it:
-looks like regular skin, not cakey foundation
-pretty much no oxidation
-long wearing especially if you use it with a primer
-not heavy/sticky feeling, doesn't make me break out
-good drying time (enough time to blend)
-doesn't have a pump so you don't waste anything
-easy to take off at the end of the day (don't need to use makeup remover)
-you don't need much (I use about a bottle a year)

-its easy to control coverage: mix a bit of foundation with moisturiser on the back of your hand and then apply to your face for a tinted moisturiser, put a spot of foundation on pimples and wait to dry a bit longer before blending for better coverage, and the foundation at the top of the glass where the screw-top is dries out a little so you can use this as concealer.
-if you're in australia, get a colour match at mecca and then stock up online at kiss and makeup, its loads cheaper.

my skin is fair (slightly pink with a little bit of a tan) and I wear sheer glow in mont blanc. I love that its not overly orange or beige coloured so it matches my skin perfectly. (nars concealer shade: vanilla, powder: flesh). give it a go!

on 3/12/2013 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Ok ... Oily skinned gals ---- I am a greasy oil factory. I have been on a search for something good & was about to give up, but was so glad I went for it at Sephora after reading the reviews on here.

AT FIRST ... I didn't think I was going to like it ... or that my face was going to be way too oily. I wore it out a few times & got really oily. However, after reading some more reviews I got some tips on applications and decided to try them out.

#1 ... PRIMER! I NEVER used primer before because it made me look disgusting! OILY SKINNED GIRLS ---- Claudia Stevens Base Primer - Sallys ... $7.99. AMAZING! look at reviews!

#2 ... Youngblood Rice Powder ---- AMAZING oil control & a natural no chemical setting powder!!! No breakouts & oil control. Use as a second primer on top of the Claudia Stevens & then again ABOVE liquid foundation to SET LIQUID. $24 ... BUT LASTS FOREVER!!!

BELIEVE ME! You will be amazed! 10-13 hours of oil control. I put my makeup on at 8 AM and get home between 8-10 PM every night & my skin looks GOOD for being a grease factory!!

it is almost $50 at sephora & comes with no pump, but I ordered on on the NARS website after falling in love :)

on 3/9/2013 7:43:00 PM

This foundation does not have good coverage, I would say light to medium. It looks super cakey on the skin. After a few hours of wear it would get slimy and gross looking! Very masky! It also broke me out in tiny bumps all over my face! : (

Video Reviews & Tutorials