July 23, 2014 | 2011 users online

Liquid - NARS - Sheer Glow Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 12/26/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by mckennaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

When i first picked up NARS sheer glow i was very excited to try it out as there has been a lot of hype about this product and especially with me having dry skin, 'glowy' foundations are a must! I was a little disappointed in this product as it is not that dewy at all... i has a semi-matte finish and my Revlon colorstay is MUCH dewier. However it is a nice foundation, long lasting and provides a good coverage... although definitely not worth £30

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by DBiggs23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this foundation for a few weeks now. I must say I do like it a lot. I have had minor breakouts here and there but it could be from a vast amount of different products I have been using, it has cleared up now. It is expensive and I was disappointed with the fact there is no pump on the foundation : (. I would buy the product again because the overall quality is great! It provides full coverage with a nice glow!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/18/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by DaniRN16

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Before I tried this foundation I had fairly clear skin, minor hormonal breakouts. After I wore this for about a week or so I broke out in terrible spots all over my cheeks and chin. It took about 6 months for my skin to clear up again. When I returned it I was told that this foundation would never be the cause of a breakout. I can't say for sure that this was the cause of my breakout but I'm certainly not willing to find out by ever trying it again : (

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2011 8:11:00 PM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this from Sephora about a month or two ago because I wanted to try something different in place of my regular foundation, Make Up For Ever HD High Definition Foundation. I also wanted something that would impart my face with a bit of a glow as my complexion can run a bit on the sallow side.

Having used this near-daily for about a month or so, I still really can't make up my mind about it. It certainly isn't the worst foundation I have ever tried, but it certainly isn't the greatest either. I really don't mind paying out the nose for something that works, but for something that gets lackluster result, um, not so much.

First off, there's the packaging which has been mentioned by other reviewers. Doing your makeup can be time consuming in the morning (especially if you're forever running late like me!), so I honestly don't understand why high-end brands like Nars do not provide a convenient, time saving pump for liquid foundation. Quite frankly it's a pain in the ass to have to use a Q-tip to dip into liquid foundation because odds are you're going to get too much. While I'm not overly conscience about the environment, I do find having to use a Q-tip for the sole purpose of smearing foundation on my face to be wasteful. I also find pour bottles without a pump that house ANY foundation unsanitary.

As for the foundation itself, it's kind of "meh" which is not a quality most people expect (or want) from makeup that costs $42. While it does provide decent coverage, it also tends to feel quite heavy on some days. My face runs on the drier side so I've never had to blot or worry about the dreaded shiny t-zone. However, on some (most) days, I find myself having to blot with a tissue because my face turns oily. The color is also a bit weird. While the color the SA at Sephora matched me with (Stromboli) is very close to my actual skin tone, the color changes a bit throughout the day. Sometimes I end up with the very obvious "she's wearing foundation one color off her real skin look " which is the exact opposite look I want to achieve. I've never had that problem with a foundation before so I'm at a loss as to why this one oxidizes on me. As for any problems with break outs, I have yet to experience any and I have terribly acne prone skin. The only time it broke me out was when I fell asleep with my makeup on which is, of course, entirely my fault.

Overall, I do not think I will repurchase Sheer Glow simply because there are other foundations out there that give a better final result that also come more conveniently packaged.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2011 12:18:00 PM More reviews by perfectweeangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

So far so good with this foundation.Only been using it a few days and i luv it.I love the feel of it when i apply it , i use the nars primer with spf first lasts all day my makeup looks fresh and feels lightweight.The colour deauville is spot on a nice neutral colour i use nars concealer and nars sex appeal blush the finish look is flawless ,holy grail for sure .

rated 5 of 5 on 12/15/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by Obsessedwithperfect

Adore this, previously I was wearing Studio Fix fluid and I can definately see a huge improvement in my skin texture, radiance, luminosity and I find it more effective at covering rosacea (facial redness) than SFF.

So what I really think this foundation is amazing for is skin types which have uneven pigmentation, facial redness, but a good texture and the result is perfect, the lady at the NARS counter was raving at how highly pigmented the foundation was which really made it sound appealing, after using a sample for a week (the tub she gave me was tiny but lasted for ages) I am definately ordering this.

There is something about the texture/finish which looks, so, good? I cannot explain why it looks this way, it is more forgiving under harsh/unflattering lighting than foundations with a similair level of coverage.

Also, I have oily skin, which this foundation isn't primarily suited towards but I will definately make a sacrifice for this.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/14/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by geribabe3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sooo disappointed! Was matched to Deauville, but I felt that was slightly too light for my fair skin, but that wasn't really the problem. Wow, suddenly I had the most gigantic PORES and flakies that turned into SCALES. Even the MUA was taken aback - and this was over the NARS primer! Sheesh. A heavy layer of foundation powder over the top helped a little, but this was a no sale for me. After the hype, my expectations were just too high.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Ractoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would say that this product has a nice glow to it. I have an oily t-zone and it sits okay on my face with powder over it. I initally heard of this from lollipop26. I think it covers well, I have a lot of post acne scaring and it does well to cover them all, does not have a cakey finish. I would say it feels slightly heavy on the skin and I believe it doesn't help my break outs. I do realize that I have a few acne pop up if I wear it more than 2 days in a row. I only wear this for special events or nights out and it photographs well. I am still looking for my holy grail foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 7:54:00 AM More reviews by rachelhorrigan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG foundation! Love this product! I need alot of coverage for acne scars and redness and this foundation has amazing coverage,lasts for ages and shows up really well in pictures. Normally I wouldnt pay this much for a product but this really is worth it! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2011 5:28:00 PM More reviews by josette

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a month now and can truly say Sheer Glow is the best foundation I've ever used. I am a foundation and brush junkie and think I have now found my HG - a really air brushed look and medium coverage and a perfect color match.
I am between NC20 and NC25 - so I got this in 'Ceylan' and it looks exactly like my light yellow toned skin.
The texture is perfect - a perfect satin finish.
My system is to use my Cetaphil spf15 moisturizer on throat and dry areas of my face. Then primer applied with my hands. Then after a minute, I apply the foundation with my Sigma F80 or my Sigma F82 brush [both are ideal]. I then take a Kleenex and gently blot and then use my concealer under the eyes and on my red blotch on the cheek. Then lightly powder with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in 'Light Plus'.
This all led to a first-time happening for me - looking in the mirror hours later in my sunny bedroom and thinking - "wow my skin looks glowing and nice"
Thank you to the posters who led to my trying this terrific product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No