NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Bis-butyldimethicone Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methyl-Hydantoin-2-imide, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract, Glucosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocopherol, [may contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides, iron oxides]

on 1/3/2013 12:33:00 PM

I bought this after an advisor at Sephora suggested it. The thing is that you need to warm it on your hand - if you don't it's so so super cakey and matte! I wanted a natural looking foundation with medium coverage and wanted glow. This is absolutely not it. I also ended up ordering a pump online from Nordstrom, since the packaging comes without the pump. I will never buy this again. I'm also pretty sure it dried my skin, too.

on 1/3/2013 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have this in Fiji and I'm an NC20-25. This product confuses me -- it's wonderful sometimes with great coverage and staying power, but at other times applies too thick, or gets greasy too soon. I still have to test it with other primers but with Mac Prep + Prime it doesn't work so well.

on 12/31/2012 4:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I adore and adore this one! The only drawback ist hat the bottle does not have a pump (what a mistake!) It's so messy to apply it. t'm currently usinn the Fidgi shede and it's almost unremarkable and that's what I expected for my dry and rosacea prone skin.

on 12/29/2012 8:44:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

NARS sheer glow in "Siberia" seems to be the closest match to my skin as I have found (other than Bobbi Browns “Alabaster” or MACs “NW 15 in Studio Tech”. It provides light to medium coverage which seems neither drying nor hydrating. I would buy this again because, like I said, my choices are limited. Horrible bottle too.

on 12/29/2012 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

DO NOT USE IF YOU HAVE OILY SKIN!.. I have oily/combo skin mostly on my nose area and i have to say, this foundation makes my face so shiny and oily that i actually look like im glowing. Lmao, not in a good way though. I kind of figured it'd make my oiliness more prevalent because of the fact that it's called 'sheer glow' and usually more 'luminous' type products do that. But i got this foundation as a sample at first way back when i used to work for the Sephora store & all i could remember was the finish it gave. Which was beautiful! So later down the road, I need a new fdtn so i might as well pick up a bottle. First of all, this foundation DOES NOT have a pump! so it gets pretty messy if you're not careful, and i imagine it will be a pain once i'm almost done with it. I blend it on with my fdtn brush and it applies beautifully and honestly makes me look flawless. Great coverage, more like a medium coverage. not light at all. throughout the day, lets say 3 hours, my nose is glowing! shiny as all hell and when i touch it it's disgusting. it's like im melting! haha, i blot and it's fine. 2 MORE hrs and it does it again! but this time my forehead is slick&cheeks. I'm like forget it. let it shine i'm not in the mood to keep blotting throughout the day. I will not buy this fdtn again. Great coverage though, beautiful finish. But i only recommend for dry/normal skin types. (which is why i gave it a 3) if i had normal/dry i'd obv make it higher.

Oh and btw! Nars sheer glow = Barcelona, MAC=NC40

on 12/21/2012 3:22:00 AM

Me gusta la textura, la cobertura y el acabado pero mi tono, el punjab, queda demasiado amarillo

on 12/18/2012 11:20:00 AM

I really wanted to like this...got several samples and then purchased the full size version. I feel like this sits on top of skin and never really melts into it, even with a primer, I can "see" the foundation on my skin and it grabbed into my pores. I thought I had the wrong color and tried 3 different shades, they were all either too yellow, pink or dark.

Con's: Transfers - I am very annoyed that a high priced foundation requires a primer to look decent, otherwise it sits on your skin and transfers like crazy. Actually, even with a primer, on my combo-skin, this seemed to transfer on my phone, clothes, fingers, I could wipe my face with my finger and see this foundation even with a primer, setting powder. And my skin is not overly oily but this foundation just doesn't agree with my combo skin, seems to make it greasier and transfers horribly!

Another CON: you have to buy the pump separately and good luck finding it. I live in Atlanta and called 2 Sephora's and 2 Nordstrom's before locating a few left in stock (which I did not buy since this foundation isn't working). I think a foundation at this price point should include the pump!

on 12/17/2012 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

This product works wonders on my skin! It is a bit pricey, but it's totally worth it. It has been a year since I bought this foundation, and there's still product left. I would definitely purchase this again. The only downside is the packaging because I personally would prefer a pump for it.

on 12/13/2012 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently bought this foundation after hearing about it for quite some time. I was reluctant to buy it initially because I did not think too highly about NARS as a cosmetic line. I was always under the impression that MAC Cosmetics sold the best foundations because that's what everyone uses. Anyways, I bought this product just to write a review on it for a blog that I created for a class. I have to admit that for my skin type, which is oily in the T-Zone section and visible pores, it did wonders on my face. I am so amazed at how this foundation made my skin look – a very even and satiny finish. It has a semi-sheer look to it that I was initially worried about because I was afraid it would make my pores look more pronounced, but it didn’t do that at all – that’s the most amazing thing this product. It gave me a dewy look without making my pores look the size of golf balls. It did not start to run or separate until after a few hours, but what foundation doesn’t do that after a few hours? Overall, I would definitely recommend this foundation to anybody. I absolutely love it and have become a NARS fan.

on 12/13/2012 11:11:00 AM

This is my HG foundation, at first I had tried the sheer matte formula, I liked the coverage, just not the texture. I decided to pick up the sheer glow foundation when I ran out of my MUFE HD, that I also love. This is better than the MUFE HD. Amazing coverage, you only need the tiniest amount to do your whole face. It's fantastic. It's a very expensive foundation, but it's the only one that I've ever tried that's given me the coverage I want and the finish I want. This foundation also lasts a very long time on my skin, I don't use a primer but I set it with either my MUFE HD powder or my MAC MSF natural. The only reason I gave it 4 stars for packaging is because of the lack of pump. I wish it either came with a pump or they sold one separately. They do on NARS' website but at 8$ for the pump and 20$ shipping it's not worth it for me.

Video Reviews & Tutorials