Batiste Dry Shampoo

4.3

Butane, Isobutane, Rice Starch, Propane, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Benzly Benzoate, Distearyldimonium chloride

on 1/9/2011 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my absolute HG product...I can only find it at Shoppers Drug Mart stores (in Canada) and I usually end up buying in bulk so I never run out!

on 1/4/2011 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a review for the ORIGINAL formula (green can).

PROS:
Does what it's supposed to do! Not many products can live up to their claims but this product does.

My hair problem:
I have fine hair, but a lot of it, so fine, thick hair? Anyway, my hair does not greasy or oily on its own unless I don't wash it for a long time, like 6 or 7 days. BUT the day after I use styling product in my hair, it gets sort of greasy feeling a few inches past the roots. Since its fine, this gives me flat hair pretty quickly.

SOFTNESS, SHINE, AND VOLUME: Since my hair is naturally dry, I've never tried a dry shampoo since I didn't want to dry out my hair anymore. However I'm happy to say that this product gets rid of the greasy flatness in the midshaft of my hair without drying out my hair or making it rough/brittle. My hair feels soft, STILL has plenty of shine, and lots of VOLUME!!!! Which is very exciting for me since its hard to get my hair to stick away from my head.

HOW I USE IT:
I cover my face and spray it about a foot away from my head. Then I use my fingers to rub it in more and rake my fingers through the rest of my hair. I have to use several sprays (maybe 5?) in sections/layers of my hair to reach all the spots I need to. If you have a lot of hair you also will probably have to use a lot.

GENTLE: However this product is very GENTLE. The smell does not give me headaches or overwhelm my nose like most scents do.

NO RESIDUE: I do not get any flakes, or white powder in my hair. I was really surprised by that. My hair is a light chocolate brown, level 5 ish, and I don't have any powder or residue in my hair, despite using a lot. Maybe this only shows up in black hair, or if you spray it too close to your scalp?

CONS:
Smell temporarily. Smells exactly like baby powder. My nose is very sensitive though and the smell does not bother me after it's set in my hair a few minutes later.
I got this at Sally's and it was $8 with my sally's card. That's pretty expensive for Sally's and drugstore. But I think it's definitely worth it.

RECOMMENDED FOR: Fine hair that needs volume and gets greasy/oily at roots/midshafts from styling products.

EDIT 9/18:
Still love this stuff, it has become a staple for me, using between washes, at least once a week. I just wanted to add that I like the pink can ( called "blush") even more than the green one. It doesn't have the baby powder scent. Instead it has a lighter, pretty rose scent. I usually don't like floral scents, but this one is very light and nice so I recommend that one even more than the original.

on 1/3/2011 3:29:00 AM

I bought this for the days when I wake up too late. It has more than done its job. It works very well. I prefer this over the psssst one that I also have. I have this in blush, which has an odd fragrance but I like it. My hair always looks good when I use this despite the fact that I have not actually bathed in several years.

on 12/25/2010 5:03:00 AM

This is my HG product, i use it between washes and also when styling my hair if i need more volume or im putting it up, it really helps to keep your hair in place and makes it much easier to work with.
i have used all the different fragrances, i dont 'love' any of them, however, i prefer diva and blush to original and tropical.
I go through this product quite quickly, but i use it liberally and at the price it is, i can afford to replace it fairly often. I recommend this product to anyone, sure you will fall in love with it and find it a must have in your beauty kit.
My only negative is that it really dries my scalp out and it would become flaky therefore i dont use it consecutively and always use an intensive conditioner 1-2 times a week to moisturise my scalp.

on 12/20/2010 2:12:00 PM

I have this in "Original" scent. It works great to soak up the oil in my hair. My hair is naturally black and it does show white residue, but when I run it in very well, the residue disappears.... at least i think so. I can faintly see the gray cast in my hair though, but i don't mind because it's very minor. For the price, this is great. The spray doesn't get clogged up like Ojon dry shampoo I once bought. One can of this lasts me 4 months, I use it every other day.

on 12/16/2010 5:10:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

love this stuff :D it is the best dry shampoo i have ever used and it does not leave that annoying white cast over your hair like some others do! would buy again, and i have i am on my 4 bottle of this stuff!

on 12/16/2010 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my favorite dry shampoo so far! It gives great volume and makes my hair feel clean and fresh. I've only used it in the Blush scent and its not a great smell but its better than most I've tried. The biggest problem I have with this is the size of the can for the price. Its around $7.00 a can at my Sally's and the can is not very big. I probably go through a can of this every two or three weeks and I use it around every other day. I actually haven't bought any in awhile because of the price but once use up my Tresmme freshstart I'll go back to this.

on 12/16/2010 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

very good stuff I buy this again

on 12/16/2010 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have the pink and purple one (blush and diva). I only wash my hair every other day, so in between, I use this to make up for any greasiness. This definitely take the oily look out of my hair. I spray a couple spurts at my roots, wait for a few seconds, and then brush it out. It does not leave a white residue on my black hair. The smell is a bit strong, but I actually like it. I've used the Tresemme dry shampoo and it is nothing compared to Batiste. The Tresemme leaves my hair extremely gunky, while this one takes the oils out and leaves it clean feeling.

on 12/16/2010 8:57:00 AM

Best thing ever! I have a stock of these in my house. I have really greasy hair! I feel like even after I've washed it, as it's drying, it is looking slightly greasy. But this stuff completely takes the grease out of it. Defo would recommend it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials