October 24, 2014 | 1030 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2009 4:42:00 AM More reviews by BlackCat13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Overall, this is the best dry shampoo I've tried thus far. I have dark, long, fine (but thick--lots of it) hair: the ends are dry, but my bangs and part get limp after a day, so dry shampoo has been a nice discovery.

Klorane lasted a bit longer on my hair and had a more subtle fragrance, but it also left more grey behind, and it's more than twice the price of Batiste. As for others I've tried, it was impossible to apply enough Jonathan Green Rootine, and either the powder or the brush made my scalp itch. The Pssst can leaked.

The fragrance in Batiste original is somewhat strong but relatively neutral and disappears quickly. It does a decent job with volume and an excellent job of taking the greasies out of my bangs and around my part. So far, I've had no problems whatsoever with the can.

And the price is right at Sally's Beauty Supply.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2009 6:02:00 PM More reviews by noinoi

Works ok. Nasty strong smell, cheap in the UK.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by ihatespots

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Pros- mattifies my oily roots, cheap, easily accessible
Cons- an old lady's scent, strong scent- must use in a well ventilated area, leaves a white residue (I have black hair), might have been a cause of breakouts on my forehead

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Louisamay

I would buy this over and over again! Its the best dry shampoo ive ever used! Ofcourse its not as good as actually washing your hair, but it comes very close.
I do get very greasey hair so i end up washing my hair once a day, which probably isnt very good for my hair. After a spray of this the day after washing my hair it looks lovley and clean again.
I have the one thats in "blush" scent. It smells gorgeous. I love not washing my hair so i can smell my dry shampoo :P
It looks kind of scary when you spray it on (very white) But after massaging it in you can hardly see it anymore.
Would reccomend to all.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2009 6:57:00 AM More reviews by hayles1105

What a fab product! I put off buying this as I didn't believe that it would work! I was completely wrong...it does work and it works really really well. I have highlighted hair which I have to wash every day. I now wash it every other day and use Batiste in between washes...it gives me volume and makes my hair look a nice colour! I'm not a fan of the smell (original) but it fades and the packaging is a bit old-fashioned but who cares as the product works so well. I'm going to go out and buy my sisters the shampoo! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by keco52

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had been alternating Psssssst and Oscar Blandi dry shampoo (powder not spray) OB is kind of messy but it lasts a lot longer than Psssssst for me.

While I still love Psssssst if I had a choice I would pick Batiste! It gives my hair more volume than the other 2 and it smells better.

OB dry shampoo powder-little messier, lemon-y smell, more for your money
Psssssst-works ok but doesn't last as long as I would like, cheaper than Batiste
Batiste-smells good, works very well!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by MsFeli89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! =) I have naturally curly hair, so be4 i blowdry my hair I put a good amount of products in it to keep it nice and straight, but my hair gets so greasy and oily at the roots after like 2 days! I dont like to blow dry my hair either so when I do I want it to last a long time. I bought this a Sally's the Blush version. And It worked amazing! I just spray it at my roots and a lil all over and my hair is greasy ne more! like magic...The Blush one has a deodorant kinda smell like those spray deodorants from Secret lol. But it goes away and I dont mind it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Sumshine88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was SO excited when I saw this at SDM! It was 10$ CDN, SO i figured that's reasonable. I have SUPER curly hair, but I straighten it-- and because that's so damaging I wanted something to prolong the life of my blow-dry, and this works fairly well! The only problem is..I can't see this ever working for curly haired gals, because you have to brush it out! Also, I have black hair, so It takes some vigorous brush strokes to make sure the white powder is all gone! Scent is super strong, it's a weird fake lemony-powdery scent, but It doesn't really linger so I'm not bothered by it! Probably better suited for lighter, straight hair, but gets the job done!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2009 11:33:00 PM More reviews by sosuga

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE THIS STUFF. I bought a bottle for myself and then consequently, for my mom and sister too. It buys me DAYS of not-shampooing (which is very good for your hair, I used to have to wash every single day because of my fine, super oily hair). Right now I have the blush version, but I want the other one next - the tropical one in the green can pictured in this review. This is a definite must have - I am going camping this weekend for labor day and you better believe this will be in my bag! I LOVE IT. Love. And for $7? How can you go wrong?! It adds body, makes my blonde hair look ..blonder...and sooo handy to have. Try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2009 10:27:00 PM More reviews by princess101

highly recommend this dry shampoo! I love the smell of the tropical blend (reminds me a chi chi cocktail). Anyway, the price is costly considering the size of the aerosol can, but it does the job, which is most important to me. The can does not clog like others i've purchased in the past, and a little goes a long way. just shake the can, lift hair at the roots, spray, let dry a few minutes and then brush thoroughly with a boar bristle or natural bristle brush. I have dark hair and this works great, with no white powdery residue. it also creates great volume, something which I have yet to experience with other brands. Overall, a great buy and can be found at Shoppers here in Canada.