July 26, 2014 | 1697 users online

Dry Shampoo - Batiste - Dry Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2009 10:22:00 AM More reviews by sarahkkelleher

love this product...i use it when i dont have time to wah my hair a couple of sprays and my hair looks clean..its really cheap and ok the packaging is not great but who cares it does the job!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2009 9:45:00 AM More reviews by mmhilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am sorry I have to post reviews when I buy something, like it, and see a review below that is incorrect. You are not spraying propane or butane on your hair!!! These are natural gases used to contain the product inside the can and allow for the product to be sprayed out under pressure. This is the same gas that they use to pour draft beer...eek..are you drinking propane? NO! Guiness uses NO2, a nitrogen gas, and no you are not injesting it. The startch is for the hold the dry shampoo gives you and the chloride, which is different from Chlorine (bleach) is used to maintain the color of the product so you can see how much starch you have applied, so you don't over do it.
I use this product because I have dry fine over processed blonde hair that i try not to damage futher with heat. I usually let my hair air dry and style with this to give added volume, and I use it on days I am not washing my hair.
All in all the other dry shampoo's I have to compare this to is:
Ojon Rub Out= worked pretty good but clogged and did not work more than twice (and yes I even tried to replace the cap)
TiGi Rockaholic= yes the reviews are true, I only got about 4-5 uses out of a full size can, and it didn't work as well as Batisite. I did like the smell.
Oscar Blandi= really seemed to dry out my ends like crazy, and I could "feel" this stuff in my hair, smell was also longer lasting than I prefer.
The Batiste I like and have repurchased.

29 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2009 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Cruzsluvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a great product! I have very thick, very coarse hair. I wash every other day, and in this hot weather, my hair doesn't smell so fresh second day out. This freshens up my hair, and gives it volume at the same time. It literally leaves me with hair that looks like it had just been washed! I just stocked up when I went to MI too, got it for a steal!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by JenG77

Okay, I've tried some dry shampoos in my day. For example, Fekkaki, etc. This Batiste dry shampoo works very very well. I could get over the smell for the fact that it exceeded my expectations.

But get this! I actually was curious to read what the ingredients were - I am kind of freaked out by this! Some of the ingredients include

PROPANE
BUTANE
STARCH
CHLORIDE

Are you joking me!? I'm spraying lighter fluid and propane on my hair?!

Why are some things always too good to be true?

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Lisa12

I love this product. It does allow me to go an extra day or 2....or 3 without washing my hair, especially whilst on holiday. My hair is very thick and wavy and having to blow dry it straight in the heat is not something i enjoy and i delay for it as long as poss.

The packaging isn't great but its so cheap and effective that i can let that slide!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2009 8:03:00 PM More reviews by AbbyAnne

It does what it's supposed to. However if you spray too much, you start to smell all funky then your hair feels all clogged. Idk. It's just weird. If you purchase this, don't use it as a substitute for not washing your hair, that would be a bad mistake. just use it for taking out a little oiliness or adding a bit volume.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by baybeelee

omg this stuff is awesome!!!! great to use in between washings for greasy, limp bangs to give them volume and fluff! soooo happy i bought this instead of the more expensive ojon or oscar blandi. the smell isn't great but its not strong so its bearable. the packaging is kinda ghetto but who cares if it works right?

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by deadmedia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Finally! A dry shampoo that doesn't cost $25!! And it works just as good! I have curly hair that i straighten, and when i put an hour into straightening it, the last thing i want to do is wash it away the next day. I found this hiding on the bottom shelf of the shampoo isle at Shoppers Drugmart for $8.99...they need to move it up higher because if people knew that there was a cheaper alternative to the other dry shampoos out there it would fly off the shelves!! The smell isn' t the greatest (it smells like Halloween coloured hairspray) but i honestly don't care because it works

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2009 10:16:00 PM More reviews by curlygurl

Hate the smell, but it does mop up grease like magic! It dulls, and on my brown hair, you can definitely tell it looks a little lighter where I spray it, but its a quick fix in emergency situations (like wake up with no time to shower!). I dont like how it smells up my whole room either, but I'll buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 5:32:00 PM More reviews by leopardskinny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Honestly, don't even think about whether you should buy this- go and get it now, because it is amazing! Okay so my hair is typical of those who highlight a lot- greasy at the roots and uber dry at the tips. Washing my hair everyday just isn't an option for me because the tips would probably snap off! In comes Batiste. All I do is spray on my roots, rub it in a bit with my fingertips,then brush or comb it out, scrunch it up, and spray with a blast of my favourite hairspray! Et voila, perfect hair! I have naturally ashy blonde hair with a lot of highlights, so I couldn't say whether this makes your hair look lighter or not as I can't tell. One other great thing is the smell, GORGEOUS! The pink can smells great, floral but in a young way sort of sweet and powdery too. The yellow 'tropical' can is beyond amazing, it smells just like holidays- sun tan lotion mixed with coconuts! Also it is sooo cheap taking into account how great it works. Go buy this stuff now, you won't regret it! =)