October 23, 2014 | 1530 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2003 7:54:00 PM More reviews by CaraC

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff rocks! Living in NYC and dealing with the humidity and heat and the insufferable subway/train tunnels made me think that it was impossible to do anything other than sweat, sweat, sweat. Then I found Certain-Dry.

However, apply this stuff as sparingly as possible! I use it a few times a week, using Dove on the days I forego the Certain-Dry. If I were to use this stuff constantly, my underarms would be itchy and red.

Thanks to this stuff, I can wear colored shirts on the nastiest day of August anxiety-free!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2003 2:11:00 PM More reviews by lkoehler

Wow...Certain Dri is one of THE best products I've ever found. I ruined so many nice shirts (especially white ones) before I used this. I use it every other night - the other reviewers are right - use it more and it will itch and irritate your underarms. It's unscented so I use a little powder during the day for a nice scent. I've been using it for about 1 1/2 years now and love not thinking about stains and wetness. Go Certain Dri!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2003 1:42:00 AM More reviews by lisetterenee

For awhile, this product was a life saver for me. However, after about a year of proper usage, I had SEVERE side effects. My under arms became a home for several large and painful under the skin bumps. We're not talking little bumps, but tumor-like bumps. I also started sweating again much much worse than I had ever had a problem with before Certain Dri. Two friends of mine, who also started using the product the same time that I did, commented on these painful bumps from the very beginning of usage, and then on excessive sweat after several months as well. Once I broke myself of my Certain Dri addiction and gave my body a chance to recover, these symptoms went away. I have since found that I really don't NEED Certain Dri like I thought I did. Usually, a dusting of a light powder under my arms once or twice a day does the trick, and I'll certainly take a little extra sweat rather than those Certain Dri side effects!
If you are going to use this product, I would recommend using it as SPARINGLY as possible. This is not something to be used as or instead of an antiperspirant or deoderant. It is more of a treatment for serious "sweaters". Use it when you notice yourself sweating (excessively) again, but don't use it consistently so you NEVER sweat. It's just not healthy. Also, I would consider consulting a doctor before using the product. I wish I had.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2003 11:42:00 PM More reviews by jennylynn

This product has saved me from much self-consciousness and loads of laundry! (Found it at Costco for only $3.99!) Contrary to recommendations on the box, I use it in the mornings after I shower (every other day works well for me & reduces irritation), then follow it once it's dry with a gentle anti-perspirant/deodorant (Dove's my current favorite). Following it with a solid anti-perspirant/deodorant has cut way back on the irritation & burning I would occasionally experience, and it adds just one more reassuring barrier to the dreaded socially-unacceptable "underarm wetness"! (That sounded really attractive...) A summertime must, especially if you inherited your father's sweat glands, as I [unfortunately] did.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2003 4:05:00 PM More reviews by jordana459

This stuff is amazing! I read about it in a magazine over a year ago and finally tracked some down at Rite-Aid (for $3.99!). I even talked my husband into trying it, and we're both hooked. We've been using it for nearly a year (through one hot Central WA summer, too!) and love it. I apply it daily and often experience the irritation, but the benefits (non-stained white shirts, lower dry-cleaning bills...) far outweigh a little itching :) Just make sure to follow the directions and do not shave before use!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2003 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Incredibly, this works just as well as the makers claim it will! I really am impressed. It has no fragrance, so you may have to wear a separate deoderant... Also, it takes a while to figure how much to use... b/c it is easy to "over-do" it and it will take forever to dry! If you have sensitive skin, be careful, as this will sting quite a bit. Use only on skin that is intact (o rashes, etc.)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2003 2:07:00 PM More reviews by wyntyr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh! I swear by this product! If you use this...no matter what kind of perspiration problems you might have...you will have to worry no more about pesky underarm stains, etc. Great item!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2003 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Kirstin99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This item it is great. I've ruined plenty of nice shirts with underarm stains and now I don't do that anymore. As others have said, it does cause a little bit of itching if you use too much. Follow the directions carefully and use only a very small amount and the itching is minimal. If I do get some irritation I apply a bit of Neosporin and that takes care of it. I can use this every other day and still be bone dry. If I'm going out at night I usually put on just a tiny bit of deodorant since Certain Dri is just an antiperspirant. I probably don't need to but I do just in case. I got it off drugstore.com for less than 6 dollars. Great price and it lasts a long time since you don't need to use very much. Love this product. I'm glad I found it before summer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2003 12:04:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Summers in Boston are hot and humid -- rather gross, actually. This is the first antiperspirant I've found that actually works when it's 95 degrees with 90 percent humidity. I still do perspire a little bit on really hot days, but it's much more effective than any other antiperspirant I've found.

One of the great things about Certain-Dri is that I only have to use this every two or three days. Unlike a lot of other people, this doesn't itch or sting when I put this on. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2003 12:34:00 PM More reviews by cherry2245

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very, very, very, very, very, good product. I've tried nearly everything but this is by far the best out there. For me, although, it doesnt totally prevent persperation, it just cuts it down by about 60-70%, which is still great. Just be sure to follow the directions or you will get TONS of irritation and itchiness, but thank goodness that doesnt last too long. I still recommend using a deodorant in combo with this though since it is only and anti perspirant. Also, the only place I've been able to find this so far is Super Target, so if you're having trouble finding it, try there.