October 2, 2014 | 1876 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2003 4:05:00 PM More reviews by jordana459

This stuff is amazing! I read about it in a magazine over a year ago and finally tracked some down at Rite-Aid (for $3.99!). I even talked my husband into trying it, and we're both hooked. We've been using it for nearly a year (through one hot Central WA summer, too!) and love it. I apply it daily and often experience the irritation, but the benefits (non-stained white shirts, lower dry-cleaning bills...) far outweigh a little itching :) Just make sure to follow the directions and do not shave before use!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2003 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Marianne

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Incredibly, this works just as well as the makers claim it will! I really am impressed. It has no fragrance, so you may have to wear a separate deoderant... Also, it takes a while to figure how much to use... b/c it is easy to "over-do" it and it will take forever to dry! If you have sensitive skin, be careful, as this will sting quite a bit. Use only on skin that is intact (o rashes, etc.)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2003 2:07:00 PM More reviews by wyntyr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Oh! I swear by this product! If you use this...no matter what kind of perspiration problems you might have...you will have to worry no more about pesky underarm stains, etc. Great item!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2003 10:29:00 AM More reviews by Kirstin99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This item it is great. I've ruined plenty of nice shirts with underarm stains and now I don't do that anymore. As others have said, it does cause a little bit of itching if you use too much. Follow the directions carefully and use only a very small amount and the itching is minimal. If I do get some irritation I apply a bit of Neosporin and that takes care of it. I can use this every other day and still be bone dry. If I'm going out at night I usually put on just a tiny bit of deodorant since Certain Dri is just an antiperspirant. I probably don't need to but I do just in case. I got it off drugstore.com for less than 6 dollars. Great price and it lasts a long time since you don't need to use very much. Love this product. I'm glad I found it before summer!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2003 12:04:00 AM More reviews by NancyM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Summers in Boston are hot and humid -- rather gross, actually. This is the first antiperspirant I've found that actually works when it's 95 degrees with 90 percent humidity. I still do perspire a little bit on really hot days, but it's much more effective than any other antiperspirant I've found.

One of the great things about Certain-Dri is that I only have to use this every two or three days. Unlike a lot of other people, this doesn't itch or sting when I put this on. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2003 12:34:00 PM More reviews by cherry2245

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very, very, very, very, very, good product. I've tried nearly everything but this is by far the best out there. For me, although, it doesnt totally prevent persperation, it just cuts it down by about 60-70%, which is still great. Just be sure to follow the directions or you will get TONS of irritation and itchiness, but thank goodness that doesnt last too long. I still recommend using a deodorant in combo with this though since it is only and anti perspirant. Also, the only place I've been able to find this so far is Super Target, so if you're having trouble finding it, try there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2003 10:25:00 PM More reviews by splukeu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hands down, this is the best anti-perspirant I have ever used - and I have tried just about everything. I apply it at night, and all through the next day I am sweat free. The only downside is that I experience itchiness for a while after I use it. But, other than that this is an awesome product!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2003 11:01:00 AM More reviews by sawah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is the best anti-perspirant i have ever tried. the sad part is, it still doesn't work. i sweat so much, doesn't even matter if i'm doing physical activity or not, i will usually have sweat rings under my arms--it's gross. however, this is better than anything else, so of course i'm going to keep using it. i use a separate deodorant with it as well. make sure you don't use this right after shaving or it will sting like no other!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2003 1:13:00 PM More reviews by inertia

This really lives up to its promises! Last August I experienced the vile heat and humidity of Tokyo summer for the first time, and while every other part of me was dripping with sweat, my underarms stayed dry... *LOL* During the summer I used it daily, but for the rest of the year I only apply it every other day. I still use a light deodorant spray daily though, since Certain Dri is an anti-perspirant only and contains no fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2003 7:41:00 PM More reviews by NancyDrew

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A product that lives up to its hype! I can get sweaty, but with this stuff on? Not a problem! Even on the hottest Atlanta days. I thought I'd hard time rationalizing spending $10 on deodorant, but its truly worth every penny.

Even better? No real smell.