Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

3.6

(Titanium Dioxide 12% , Zinc Oxide 4.2%) Mica, Zinc Oxide, Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide

on 8/5/2007 11:30:00 PM

My HG foundation. I have been using this for a while and it seems to look good all the time and in all lighting. Compared to any other foundation I have tried, this is the best. It evens out my skintone, makes me look air-brushed, and lasts a long time. Most foundations with SPF or scent bother my eyes so I cannot use them around my eyes and sometimes not even on my face. Other foundations do not look good on my neck and chest; they move around and get blotchy. But this one I can use all over and it looks great. I use the Buff Beige usually (sometimes Creamy Natural) and just got the "light tan veil" which seems to look good over my nose and cheeks.

I am 45, have small acne scars which look like large pores, my face is 1-2 shade darker than my neck and chest and I have ruddiness and oily skin. This foundation powder seems to work on all levels for me. I hope they do not use animal testing or I will have to look for a different mineral powder. I use a different (softer) brush and I put the powder into a YoungBlood mineral powder container (better quality) since I wasn't using it (too orange). Other mineral powders may be just as good, but I am happy with this one. The color and texture are great and the price is right.

on 8/5/2007 1:30:00 AM

Some other mineral makeups I've tried are somewhat "creamy" even though they are powders, and that is a nice quality. But, they can get expensive to replace, so I looked for a drugstore version and the cosmetics cashier recommended this brand.

I find this very dry in texture just like ordinary loose powder and it looks dry on the skin too, even if I apply it sparingly and over moisturiser. A disappontment.

on 8/1/2007 11:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

**Before I give my review: I've had this powder for almost 2 years and still haven't came close to running out!!!

This is the first mineral powder that I was satified with and didn't have to worry much about the price. It goes on so smooth and for someone with a unique skin tone (I'm half mexican and half white, but more on the lighter side still) it actually matches good with my skin. It never looks cakey and it doesn't feel dry and powdery on my skin. This stuff does a good job in smoothing out my complexion and working good over pretty much every type of foundation I've tried. The only things about the product is: 1. I don't like is the brush; Which is crappy and I had to go buy a separate powder brush (AND) 2. The way the container is; You have to shake it just to get more powder out of it and when you open it there is a huge pile of it in the container, which makes a huge powdery cloud (getting powder everywhere) when you tap the access off your brush. Overall though, I'm happy with the color, coverage, feel, and lasting power. If you get a few makeup related breakouts with usual powder and you have a medium/tannish skin color, then I'm sure you will be satisfied with this product!

on 7/30/2007 4:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Pros:
-coverage is natural and light to medium
-prevents shine
-doesn't clog pores
-doesn't cause breakouts

Cons:
-the type of packaging it comes in isn't good for carrying in a bag
-the brush it comes with is rough and of terrible quality

I definitely recommend this for people with combination, oily or acne-prone skin. I bought this for about 20CAD which is a little pricey for a drugstore product but one of these lasts very very long, and it's a good powder that works well. Even with constant touchups every day I think this would last for 2 years (I don't keep mine for that long though, I buy a new one each year).

on 7/29/2007 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I bought this product about a month ago and here's what i've experienced

PROS:
- doesnt make me break out (i have very oily, acne-prone skin)
- takes all my shine away
- covers decently. it wont cover my acne scars but it does even out my whole face.
- can wear it alone or on top of liquid foundation depending on how much coverage you need

CONS:
- the brush seems hard. not as soft and puffy as i expected. hence, i might buy a separate brush, but i need one small enough to fit the brush holder located in the powder's cap.
- sometimes makes my forehead skin look dry. well like i said, it takes away all oil and shine ;)
- doesnt come in a great variety of shades. mine is a little too light for me, and i have tan skin

overall, i think this is a decent product. i would buy it again, its way better than the covergirl pressed powder i used before. but im still curious to try the loreal loose powder, though all the reviews say its not that good

on 7/29/2007 6:51:00 PM

I love this stuff. I have it in Buff Beige and it matches my fair (currently tan) skin perfectly. The brush is ok...a little too scratchy...so I use one I bought separately. The finish is really beautiful and the coverage is really good for a mineral foundation. When I use this with my regular moisturizer (Clinique DDM gel) I find that it's a little too matte for summer... So I use another moisturizer (Almay for dry skin) which I usually dislike because it makes me too shiny. With the PF used over it, it gives a nice dewy finish. I love this foundation -- but I suggest that you use it with a nice thick moisturizer to avoid a super-matte semi-cakey look. Other than that, this stuff RoCKS!

on 7/28/2007 8:02:00 PM

This is my holy grail foundation. I had tried BE and Pur Minerals and while they are both good products, the PF is considerably cheaper and works better. I find that it settles into lines less than any other mineral make up I have tried and doesn't get as shiny. I don't use the brush that comes with the product - I use the Pur Minerals Chisel Brush. I also think the packaging is really good. I discard the brush and bubble and just turn the product upsidedown, give it a tap, and then open up the flap. One container last a really really long time too!

on 7/23/2007 8:10:00 PM

First off-- Packaging SUCKS. What's up with the bubble thing? And the Brush is awful. But if you use a big fluffy brush, its just your average powder, though in some light it can appear too orange-y.

Not sure if I would buy again. Def. would look at other powders first.

I love this product! I've always worn liquid foundation and pressed powder. Then, one day I decided to try this to set foundation and I fell in love with it! I loved it even more when I decided to try it on it's own one day, it's really all the coverage I really need and it looks so natural!

on 7/20/2007 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

BE failed me miserably - it was shiny and itchy and orange and expensive. A year ago, when this stuff was new, I decided to take a risk ruining my finally-cleared skin by trying it. I love this stuff. Plain and simple.

The good: I have the palest, whitest skin and I use translucent light with no issue, regardless of the time of year. I have never broken out from it, even when I have SLEPT in it. It blends seamlessly. My boyfriend finds the look of foundation very unappealing, but has never figured out that I even wear any. It has no line of demarcation around the face, and it basically removes the facial redness as you buff. It's soft to the touch and you can't feel it on. It does not streak on ANYTHING. Comes off easily.

The bad: the packaging is really dysfunctional. I'm going to try emptying a BE container and putting this in it instead. The packaging is unnecessarily large, the brush sucks, and the 'opener tab' is close to breaking. It also just looks cheap - their futuristic 'space packaging' is really ugly.

The ugly: this can streak badly if you put it on right after moisturizer. I generally don't. But those who do, will have some bad results. This grossly enough tends to work the -best- with some natural oils on my face, i.e. a few hours after moisturizing.

I wouldn't stop using this if you paid me. It's a cheap mistake if it doesn't work for you, and for some, it won't. But for me, it's perfect, and I have skin that's notoriously hard to please.