October 1, 2014 | 1840 users online

Powder - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2007 4:20:00 PM More reviews by curlystraw

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros:
-coverage is natural and light to medium
-prevents shine
-doesn't clog pores
-doesn't cause breakouts

Cons:
-the type of packaging it comes in isn't good for carrying in a bag
-the brush it comes with is rough and of terrible quality

I definitely recommend this for people with combination, oily or acne-prone skin. I bought this for about 20CAD which is a little pricey for a drugstore product but one of these lasts very very long, and it's a good powder that works well. Even with constant touchups every day I think this would last for 2 years (I don't keep mine for that long though, I buy a new one each year).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2007 10:18:00 PM More reviews by punkrockzoie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product about a month ago and here's what i've experienced

PROS:
- doesnt make me break out (i have very oily, acne-prone skin)
- takes all my shine away
- covers decently. it wont cover my acne scars but it does even out my whole face.
- can wear it alone or on top of liquid foundation depending on how much coverage you need

CONS:
- the brush seems hard. not as soft and puffy as i expected. hence, i might buy a separate brush, but i need one small enough to fit the brush holder located in the powder's cap.
- sometimes makes my forehead skin look dry. well like i said, it takes away all oil and shine ;)
- doesnt come in a great variety of shades. mine is a little too light for me, and i have tan skin

overall, i think this is a decent product. i would buy it again, its way better than the covergirl pressed powder i used before. but im still curious to try the loreal loose powder, though all the reviews say its not that good

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2007 6:51:00 PM More reviews by marym13

I love this stuff. I have it in Buff Beige and it matches my fair (currently tan) skin perfectly. The brush is ok...a little too scratchy...so I use one I bought separately. The finish is really beautiful and the coverage is really good for a mineral foundation. When I use this with my regular moisturizer (Clinique DDM gel) I find that it's a little too matte for summer... So I use another moisturizer (Almay for dry skin) which I usually dislike because it makes me too shiny. With the PF used over it, it gives a nice dewy finish. I love this foundation -- but I suggest that you use it with a nice thick moisturizer to avoid a super-matte semi-cakey look. Other than that, this stuff RoCKS!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2007 8:02:00 PM More reviews by loogie

This is my holy grail foundation. I had tried BE and Pur Minerals and while they are both good products, the PF is considerably cheaper and works better. I find that it settles into lines less than any other mineral make up I have tried and doesn't get as shiny. I don't use the brush that comes with the product - I use the Pur Minerals Chisel Brush. I also think the packaging is really good. I discard the brush and bubble and just turn the product upsidedown, give it a tap, and then open up the flap. One container last a really really long time too!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2007 8:10:00 PM More reviews by katenabi

First off-- Packaging SUCKS. What's up with the bubble thing? And the Brush is awful. But if you use a big fluffy brush, its just your average powder, though in some light it can appear too orange-y.

Not sure if I would buy again. Def. would look at other powders first.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2007 12:48:00 AM More reviews by goodbyexxkitty

I love this product! I've always worn liquid foundation and pressed powder. Then, one day I decided to try this to set foundation and I fell in love with it! I loved it even more when I decided to try it on it's own one day, it's really all the coverage I really need and it looks so natural!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2007 1:35:00 PM More reviews by quixotica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

BE failed me miserably - it was shiny and itchy and orange and expensive. A year ago, when this stuff was new, I decided to take a risk ruining my finally-cleared skin by trying it. I love this stuff. Plain and simple.

The good: I have the palest, whitest skin and I use translucent light with no issue, regardless of the time of year. I have never broken out from it, even when I have SLEPT in it. It blends seamlessly. My boyfriend finds the look of foundation very unappealing, but has never figured out that I even wear any. It has no line of demarcation around the face, and it basically removes the facial redness as you buff. It's soft to the touch and you can't feel it on. It does not streak on ANYTHING. Comes off easily.

The bad: the packaging is really dysfunctional. I'm going to try emptying a BE container and putting this in it instead. The packaging is unnecessarily large, the brush sucks, and the 'opener tab' is close to breaking. It also just looks cheap - their futuristic 'space packaging' is really ugly.

The ugly: this can streak badly if you put it on right after moisturizer. I generally don't. But those who do, will have some bad results. This grossly enough tends to work the -best- with some natural oils on my face, i.e. a few hours after moisturizing.

I wouldn't stop using this if you paid me. It's a cheap mistake if it doesn't work for you, and for some, it won't. But for me, it's perfect, and I have skin that's notoriously hard to please.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2007 12:20:00 PM More reviews by misspris26

Now here is something I expected to love and hated so bad I had to wash my face. It was so heavy and left an odd shimmer on my face (not sparly but like a sheen). I looked like a little girl who got into mommy's make-up. I bought translucent light and it smeared on my face like tan mud. It is anything BUT translucent. The brush is not soft so I tried using my own brush, no luck. Loose powder is supposed to be good for setting your foundation, well it is impossible to blend this over your face!!!! Since I despise returning used MU, I gave it to my 14 yr old (this allows me to try things and not waste my money, she often LOVES my rejects since our skin is different, etc). She HATED it and was like, "omg...mom....LOOK at my face!" For $13 I expect more out of a drugstore powder seeing as CG makes one for $5 that works nicely.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2007 1:21:00 PM More reviews by odanit

I bought this after having breakout problems with the L'oreal Bare Naturale. So far, packaging is a bit better (I can throw away the useless brush! There is a cover on the sifter so product doesn't spill all over the lid! I can take it with me in my bag!). Still, the packaging can be greatly improved for more convenient application.

This powder is finely milled enough to give an even, soft, natural complexion. I have this in Buff Beige and find it compliments my medium Asian skin tone well - not orange or ashy. I use this over bare, moisturized skin. Coverage is satisfactory (which is all I need and the natural look of my skin showing through is what I want). It is most suitable for those with minimal blemishes. Although I have not tried it yet, I think this would be excellent as a setting powder over foundation if more coverage is required.

I have combination skin and this does an average job of controlling shine. Longevity so far is acceptable. I do not notice any scent and my sensitive skin is happy.

Until I find a better product, I will repurchase!

UPDATE: I have noticed when I wear this my skin gets oiler. After several hours, my face gets very shiny! I get better oil control by wearing nothing at all! Also, in artificial restaurant bathroom lighting, this made me look chalky and grey! Yikes!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2007 12:50:00 AM More reviews by akennedy54

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not real thrilled about this loose powder. I have oily skin and require powders to make it through the day. This particular powder comes in a messy container, and comes with a brush that seems to just push the messy powder around. It is a very low coverage powder and tends to become cakey in a hurry. Have since tried BE and am more happy with the results. This would work well for someone who require little coverage.