August 1, 2014 | 1864 users online

Lotions/ Creams - EXTRA VIRGIN Coconut Oil (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by wallochj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased the Nutriva extra virgin olive oil to cook with after reading it was the best tasting and it would help with belly fat. But then I had a chemical peel and my face was raw! I was scared to use an acne fighting cleanser or a moisturizer that would make me break out. So one night I warmed it in my hands and used it to remove my makeup. Amazing! My waterproof mascara came right off and the oil moisturized my skin without making it breakout. I then added it to my bath and later to my son's bath to help alleviate his dry, eczema prone skin.Even my husband uses it to help his itchy skin. I haven't yet cooked with it but the smell and taste are so mild I don't think I will mind.Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Another one of those products that thoroughly surpassed my initial skepticism. I had been using a blend of liquid oils to remove my makeup, but I disliked how difficult they are to wash off. Coconut oil dissolves waterproof eye makeup and comes off cleaning with a tissue. Marvelous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 12:16:00 PM More reviews by jqsuared

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm obsessed with oils. I will try anything on my face once, and it seems the cheaper the product, the better it works. I got my jar of coconut oil at Whole Foods for about 6 bucks. I didn't know what to expect at first, but I quickly realized that this stuff is golden. I use it to remove my make up, and then after I cleans my face, I put a little more coconut oil on my damp face and I just let it absorb. I have tried all the expensive cleansing oils like BB, LM, Origins, MAC and coconut oil blows them away. I'm sorry, but when your dealing out 50 bucks for a cleansing oil, I don't want the first ingredient to be Mineral oil and castor oil. I can buy more organic pure oils at WF's and KNOW that my face isn't going to react. Albeit, I don't prefer to cook with the oil I use on my face, i.e. veggie oil, but I might give the coconuts a try. Especially in a THAI dish. And for about 6 bucks a jar, you cannot feel bad about trying it.... This is a staple in my face routine. I also purchase 100% pure argon oil for 8 dollars and rose hip oil, which is great for acne, for a little more.... Maybe around 20? But I def wanted to give it a try after all the great things I read about it. Don't hesitate to put oil on your face. The more pure, the better. With lotions, the first ingredient is mineral oil and that's more than likely the cause of bad skin. Or not moisturizing at all! That is a sin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2011 10:06:00 AM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Love this stuff. I use coconut oil for my hair, which gets really dry. I apply about a dime sized amount and it does not leave any build-up, and does not leave me with the oilies. I also use it for my skin after bathing as well. I have not tried cooking with it yet, but it can be used as a cooking oil as well. There is a light scent and taste to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2011 8:28:00 AM More reviews by annia316

Ok where to start? I love coconut oil since I started testing it after reading the reviews here on makeupalley. Here is my experience so far:

1) HAIR: I used it several times as a Hair mask. Here is what I did: I put lots of VCO into the lenghts of my towel dry hair, put a shower cap on and went to bed. In the morning I shampooed my hair two times and followed up with conditioner and Apple Cider Vinegar water. This is hands down the best hairmask I ever tried. So much better than any retail hairmask I can think of. Plus: So much cheaper and healthier for the hair!! The hair feels smooth, healthy and strong! And that feeling even stays after washing the hair another time. AMAZING!! Can highly recommend this!

2) Makeup Remover: I use VCO to remove my eye makeup each day. I simply smear it on my eyes and rub rub rub. I remove the excess oil with a wet cottonpad and all the Mascara is gone! No more dirty towels :P My favourite and also cheapest Eyemakeup Remover!

3) Body lotion: Each time after I shower I rub some VCO on my lower legs. My skin there always has been rahter dry and itchy. But since I started capturing the moist with VCO there it is super smooth and healthy :) No more dry itchy flaky skin!! Perfect!!

I plan on trying oil pulling with it too since I experienced really good results with other oils in the past. But first I need to get another glas of VCO for consuming only :) I won't take something in the mouth out of my "body&hair"-coconutoil glas :P

UPDATE: 10/2011 ... I am on my fifth or sixth glass of VCO now .. Nothing of its amazingness has changed and I will always buy this again for the above mentioned :)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by georgielynn

This is a review of Parachute Oil -- coconut oil. I've been using it as a facial moisturizer for a couple of months now and I am amazed! This is just a great moisturizer -- it adds just the right amount of moisture back into the skin and doesn't have any kind of ingredients that an allergic or sensitive skin person or rosacea person like me will react to.

I have been wearing it at night, and wake up with pale -- not red skin. All the other moisturizers I've used have been giving me slightly red (to problematically broken out) skin in the morning. I also wear it under make-up (I wear Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation which needs a good moisturizer as a base).

The problems are the container. I had to decant it, because I could not for the life of me squeeze out the oil. It gets little solidified coconut pieces in there. I rub the oil in my hands before applying it, so as to drop the pieces off, so it's not a big deal. But getting it out of the container was a big problem.

I don't know if Parachute compares to other coconut oil products out there, but I've bought 3 of the smallest size bottles now, and none of them were "off" or stale smelling which seems great since oil can go off or rancid so quickly.

You can use it in your hair too, but it makes my hair too greasy. it's better used on face & neck -- plus skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2011 4:07:00 PM More reviews by Begina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been interested in trying OCM (Oil Cleansing Method) for some time but didn't have castor oil. I found a jar of extra virgin coconut oil in my cabinet that I had tried on my hair to great results so I figured I'd give this a go. WOW! I LOVE it for removing make up - eye MU especially. Simply amazing. No strenuous rubbing of the tender eye area at all.

Here's what I do: melt a small amount in my hands and begin to massage my face with the oil. It really feels nice since I take my time. I do the eye area last. I take a washcloth that has been soaking in hot water and apply it to my face and let it set for a minute. Then I use the cloth to remove the oil. My face is so smooth! And for me it's a relaxing ritual. For moistuizer I use plain jojoba oil or rose infused jojoba. Love this combo for my combo/oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 12:05:00 PM More reviews by coconut17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely LOVE coconut oil! So multi-purpose- for hair, skin, even for cooking! It's got so many benefits and is so cheap considering a little goes a very long way! Always make sure to invest in extra virgin coconut oil in order to ensure that it's the highest quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by meaghanrichards

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh..my..god. I love this. I used it on my hair and body last night and I am so soft! I can't stop touching/playing with my hair and my arms are so nice and smooth. I originally bought this just for my hair, and put it on last night and massaged it into my scalp and hair and wrapped it in saran wrap and kept it in while I slept. I had some left on my hands so I just used it on my arms/elbows. Definitely going to keep using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 10:20:00 AM More reviews by Ehrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love coconut oil. I haven't really tried it on my hair yet though. We bought a large glass bottle for approx $5 (CAD) at a cultural store. The brand is LATA and it says 100% Pure Coconut Oil. The colour of the solid oil is a creamish colour. Coconut oil is NOT supposed to be white! If it is, it's because it has been bleached and thus, you are not getting all of the nutrients from it. It has a really strong smell that turned me off at first, but now I think it smells like cupcakes (only after it's on my skin though). When I got it, I took a tiny bit and rubbed it on my lips but within 10 minutes there was a hard bump beside my lip :| So, I haven't used it on my face and I'm scared to use it on my hair now too. I use it on my feet and legs and it's insanely moisturizing! It does take a little time to absorb so, I put it on my feet at night, cover it up with some socks and my feet are radiant by morning. I will try it for other things and I'm dying to cook with it (haven't tried it yet). It's one of the BEST oils to use for cooking because of all the health benefits.