April 16, 2014 | 1550 users online

Cleansers - LUSH - Angels on Bare Skin

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2008 12:24:00 AM More reviews by 011705

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using AOBS for about two weeks now. It was my first Lush purchase. I really wanted to love this. I love the smell, herbal. It has evened out my skin tone and nearly all my red marks have disappeared but I'm more than sure it's the reason for the sudden massive break out on my forehead and 3-4 huge whiteheads on my cheeks. I always give everything a longer go but I can't anymore. I switched over to Herbalism. I'll see how that goes, although not nearly as pleasant smelling as AOBS.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2008 5:08:00 AM More reviews by catteys

I really love it =) It can make my skin very soft and smooth! The smell is nice and relaxing. However, the texture is very hard to spread. My boyfriend said it looked like vomit lol Also, I dont think that it can cleans off my sunscreen or make up so I only use it in the morning. Anyway I'd still buy it because it's a nice product with totally natural ingredients =)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2008 7:37:00 PM More reviews by rachchen

Smells lovely, feels luxurious, but is the only skincare product to ever break me out in big red painful spots. Incredible, because I am rarely sensitive to products or breakout from them. Certainly not repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by anniee19

I have only been using this for about a week, but I absolutly love it! My face feels so soft when I use this in combination with Imperialis moisturized. It is not at all drying, and I love the texture for light exfoliating.
The packaging takes some getting used to, but is definitly worth it for the product inside!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

I initially found this crumbly and hard to work with until I got the hang ot it. Worried a bit at first that this would hurt my mature/combo/sensitive skin but I am only using it a couple of times a week. First I use Ultrabland, and follow with this and a soothing mask. I have tried formulating this product from my own kitchen with ground almonds, green clay, glycerin, rosewater, a drop of lavender oil and a few drops of Burt's Repair Serum with good effect, since there is no Lush store in my town. But it is not quite as good as the Lush version. Highly recommend. I also use Retin A and this helps with the flakies without hurting my skin - so long as I don't go over 2X per week.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 7:52:00 AM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would love Angels on Bare Skin if it wasn't such a pain to use. It smells nice, exfloliates (I wouldn't really consider this a cleanser) and leaves my skin looking and feeling great. It is full of amazing fresh ingredients and it really does make your skin softer. Here is the ingredient list: Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Kaolin, Water (Aqua), Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Lavender Flowers (Lavendula hybrida), Limonene, Linalool, Perfume.
The downsides... 1)Those amazing fresh ingredients mean that this product has a shelf life of a pitiful three months. If you're like me and you have multiple skincare products that you like to switch around or rotate, this could be a problem. 2)You have to scoop a little bit out, place it on the palm of your hand, add a little water, and then mix it up into the right consistency. Okay, once you get the hang of it, it's easy, but it takes a lot more time and effort than just squeezing a tube. 3)I would only use this in the shower because I'd always get little pieces stuck in my hairline. It can get messy.. 4)The first ingredient is ground almonds, which could be too harsh of an exfoliant for someone with sensitive skin.
I won't be repurchasing AOBS because I've found Kiss My Face's Organic Jojoba & Mint Facial Scrub, which is very comparable to the good points of AOBS (makes skin feel softer and smoother, exfoliates gently, smells good, natural ingredients). It also has natural preservatives - a much longer shelf life, and it comes in a squeeze tube. Check it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2008 8:33:00 AM More reviews by Taramae80

I love this product and I am hard to please. This is really the only Lush product I would buy again. I love the smell and texture of this product. Yes, you do have to use this in the shower, perhaps before you wash your hair. My skin was left very soft and rejuvenated after each use.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2008 2:53:00 PM More reviews by LisaNewYork

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THE BEST. I use this on my sensitive, middle-aged skin twice a day, in the morning and at night (I know it's supposed to be used only a few times a week, but this is what works best for my skin). It gently exfoliates and cleans without freaking my skin out. It's truly my HG cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2008 12:58:00 AM More reviews by rtauschke2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a love/hate relationship with this product.

LOVE that this is one of the few products that actually makes a really noticeable difference to my skin - it really gives my skin a dewy, radiant glow with regular use. Love the way it has no nasty chemicals in it.

HATE the impracticality of it. Its really messy to use and I always end up with bits of lavendar and clay gunk stuck in my hairline - I recommend only using it in the shower. Its shelf life is very limited, it hates the heat and doesnt react well to getting any water in it (need to use a dry spoon to "serve" it). Packaging is useless, but that's to be expected with LUSH so I just transfer it to a jar.

I see this more as a gentle scrub, rather than a cleanser. I would never make this one of my staples due to its impracticality, but i still love the results and go back to it every now and then.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by MizBeatriz

I have a love-hate relationship with Angels on Bare Skin.
LOVE:
1.) the exfoliating-smooth texture
2.) how soft it makes my skin feel
3.) how well it cleans and renews my skin
4.) how a little goes a long way and it lasts a long time
HATE:
1.) the packaging
2.) the mess I make when applying
(think liquid running down your arms).
3. it can be a little rough on the skin
(it depends on how gentle you apply it).