December 22, 2014 | 1715 users online

Concealers - Lancome - Effacernes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2004 2:47:00 PM More reviews by 3blindmice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

hmmm. Some days I love this concealer and some days I just hate it. That said, it's been a really long winter here and my skin is just generally dry, so it might not be the concealer that is entirely to blame. What I like about this is that it dries without the need for powder and if patted in correctly it does not shift or crease. What I dislike about it is that even though it looks thick, it actually sheers itself out very well, almost too well. The colour selection is absurd, only four colours, that really can't be right in this day and age. I use Porcelain 1 and it's okay, but not perfect. All in all, this is a decent concealer, certainly not terrible, but not one of the best either. I'll update once I've had the chance to wear it during the summer when my skin is not so terribly dry. If only someone could come out with a concealer that has the same degree of coverage as the Bobbi one, but without the need for powder...EDIT: ok after wearing this in the warmer spring months it is working better for me. That said, there should be an offer of more colours on this one, the one I have is much to pink based to look natural and the shade is just slightly too pink for me. However, the wear and the fact that this never creases or fades or smudges or migrates makes it a winner. If you can find a good match, this stuff is really great. One lippie off for the poor colour selection. 04/30/04

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2004 2:32:00 PM More reviews by kkeria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this concnealer. I didn't try it for a long time because it didn't look like any of the colors would match and I thought it would be really thick (being waterproof and all). But it's neither of those things. I have never had an undereye concealer look so natural. It's so easy to blend, that there's no tugging at the eye area. And Clair II is a perfect match for my winter skin (light w/ warm undertones). I'd probably need the next darker color for summer. But I really think because of how adaptable it is, anyone can find a match w/ their shades. It seems to neutralize the bluishness of undereye circles and brighten the area, instead of trying to mask it. It's not cakey at all. And it wears forever. Also, the tube it comes in is a great idea. It keeps the stuff fresh and there's no re-dipping of fingers, brushes, sponge applicators, etc.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2004 2:35:00 PM More reviews by MyNewHobby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Pros: Most natural looking concealer I have ever used, waterproof, perfect color match.

Cons: Would like more product, doesn't cover darker circles.

When I originally got the lid off and saw the product, I thought it would be too dark. Tried it and voila, perfect match. It goes on creamy and smooths easily with fingers. Looks 100% natural in daylight, just doesn't cover my dark circles enough. If you apply more layers, it becomes cakey.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/29/2004 9:07:00 AM More reviews by MissPurple

I like this better than the Lancome Maquicomplet concealer. Effacernes has buildable coverage, and doesn't really crease. It's very long lasting and I like how it's waterproof. EDIT: I think this is probably a bit drying for my undereye. It accentuates and settles into the dry lines that I didn't even know were there...on search for another concealer again... continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2004 5:59:00 PM More reviews by jenniro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i use this concealer mostly around the edage of my nose since i have redness there. it really works great because it is very creamy and blends easily. it is quite sheer, so i dont think it works very well for blemishes (i use a different concealer for those). i got this in the lightest color, porcelain i think? and it is perfect for my pale skin. i will continue to buy this... i love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2004 5:45:00 PM More reviews by nikua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

-- Update --

Not reaching for this anymore, because I found some other products I now like better. But I've also become older and my eye area has changed slightly, so I don't think it's really the product, it's just me.

One tube of this lasts forever. And I really mean *forever*. I've had mine for maybe more than two years and am using it nearly daily.

This is what I dislike:

- The coverage could be better.

This is what I like:

+ Stays put all day...

+ ... even if you were crying.

+ It comes in a handy tube and you can even squeeze the tiniest amount out of it without leaking.

+ Looks very natural.

+ Illuminates nicely without glitter or shimmer.

+ even covers up my redness around my nose.

This is officially my hg concealer and I will never buy another one again! I might try some... because I want to try them all! *g* But I will always use this when I need to be sure everything's looking alright.

***UPDATE 04-26-2004****

Now it's official: This is my hg under eye concealer and I will never ever try another one again! It's also a nice brightener as it is light reflecting AND the tube lasts forever!! Compare 15 ml of this one to a more expensive pen of YSL filled with 2.5 ml (yes, that's right, it's THAT little). I hope they never never ever discontinue this! I also use it on light imperfections which are not too red (I still need a seperate concealer with more yellow tones for these) and are very pleased with the results.

I've been reaching for this every single day for years. Definitely a keeper! continued >>

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2004 6:26:00 AM More reviews by bibliophile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Effacernes is just okay, nothing special. I bought it for use as an undereye concealer. My undereye circles are not particularly dark, but this product failed to give adequate coverage. I definitely don't think it covers as well as Bobbi Brown undereye concealer. I ended up using Effacernes as a base on certain areas of my face that needed more coverage and it seemed to work better for that. The color selection is sadly sparse.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2004 10:37:00 PM More reviews by mclisham

I have this in Porcelaine 1 and it is wonderful at concealing my undereye circles. It sticks well and doesn't get greasy on my skin. Even though it's for undereye I also use it as an all over face concealer and it works wonderfully.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2004 9:17:00 PM More reviews by naughtiikisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lancome has only four shades in this concealer. I actually ordered my effacernes online so I assumed I would be safe with the beige color. However, it turns out that I slowly had lost my tan and was back to my natural light shade again. And the effacernes ended up being way too orangish red on my skin. The lasting power is better than some other concealers but not HG status yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2004 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Camillaaa

I LOVE IT! I was searching for better and purchased the YSL Touche Eclat, but I have to say Effacernes is much better! As soon as the Touche Eclat is finished I will rush out to buy it again.. and also it lasts for an eternity, for more than a year(I used it everyday). I wore the 02 Sable and it matches my skin perfectly, but was a bit too light in the summer