Lancome Effacernes

4.1

Ingredients: water, cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan isostearate, propylene glycol, titanium dioxide, aluminum starch octenylsuccinate, ozokerite, hexylene glycol, urea, stearic acid, glycosaminoglycans, honey, tocopherol, sodium hyaluronate, silica, chamomilla recutita extract, aluminum hydroxide, magnesium sulfate, disodium edta, disodium stearoyl glutamate, centaurea cyanus extract, disteardemonium hectorite, polydihydroxyindole, acrylates copolymer, methylparaben, propylparaben, diazolidinyl urea. May contain: mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 6/30/2004 9:08:00 PM

I bought a tube of this stuff last week after reading the reviews here. I pretty much agree with them; this is a wonderful concealer, all in all. It works beautifully under the eyes and on drier spots; absolutely no caking up or rubbing off or accentuating dry spots. It's the first moisturizing concealer that I've tried that has lived up to that claim. It's one and pretty much only flaw; coverage. I have fairly dark circles around my eyes, and though this covers them well, there's still a fairly distinct line between the greyish color below my eyes and the rosier shade of my cheeks. So it doesn't make me look completely perfect... ; ) but I think if it did, I'd end up looking fake and cakey anyway; any concealer that gives completely opaque coverage ends up looking cakey, I find. So when I wear this, I just look as if I don't really have dark circles; just barely. Oh, and the tube is great; tiny little opening. That will ensure that this product lasts and lasts, since only a tiny dab is needed. Knowing that, it was easy to pay the large price for it. Bottom line; good concealer, will repurchase.
EDIT, 08/26/04: Hrm... I've been using this concealer pretty much all summer, and have come to realize that it's just not for me. There's nothing wrong with it, but the type of coverage it gives is just... wrong, for my skin. It's sort of mask-like, almost like paint, while still not being all that opaque - does that make any sense? Anyway, I think it has also been contributing to some breakouts for me, so I'm going to have to cut back to wearing it only around my eyes, unless I'm having a "heavy duty makeup" kind of day. For important occasions or pictures, I'd wear this, but for a "daily basis" concealer, I think I'm going to have to give in and order VL's Cream Concealer; I prefer it. Also want to try Lorac's. Because I won't be using this product very much, I don't think I'll be running out soon... and when I do, I don't think I'll be repurchasing. Oh well. Still searching for that HG... continued >>

on 6/2/2004 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this since my wedding four years ago. Only reason I started is b/c the lady assured me it would not look "white" under my eyes in the photos. She was right. I used it at first with their yellow concealer stuff, and find it works better in conjunction with that, which comes in a tube with wand. Efacernes is a lot more sheer than it seems; I do wish it were thicker and that it came in more colors. I use Claire II. After going to the gym during the day, I again have really dark circles, and have to reapply. I keep using it b/c I haven't found anything else to try.

on 5/26/2004 4:26:00 AM

Reading other reviews, I started to think: are my dark circles particularly bad or ...

for me, this undereye concealer lighten up a bit but does not have enough coverage. I use it on other areas on my face instead. Almost wanted to throw it away but decide to give it another try since most people here have good experience with it.

on 3/27/2004 2:34:00 PM

I have just had my first child so the sleepless nights are well and truly evident. I was having to use both concealer and YSL Touche Eclat, which was proving rather costly and time consuming for a mum on the go!! HOWEVER - this concealer is both rolled into one - light and easy to apply, makes eyes look radiant (contains light diffusing particles) and fine lines seem to be less obvious. This is definitely my HG product!!

on 3/23/2004 2:47:00 PM

hmmm. Some days I love this concealer and some days I just hate it. That said, it's been a really long winter here and my skin is just generally dry, so it might not be the concealer that is entirely to blame. What I like about this is that it dries without the need for powder and if patted in correctly it does not shift or crease. What I dislike about it is that even though it looks thick, it actually sheers itself out very well, almost too well. The colour selection is absurd, only four colours, that really can't be right in this day and age. I use Porcelain 1 and it's okay, but not perfect. All in all, this is a decent concealer, certainly not terrible, but not one of the best either. I'll update once I've had the chance to wear it during the summer when my skin is not so terribly dry. If only someone could come out with a concealer that has the same degree of coverage as the Bobbi one, but without the need for powder...EDIT: ok after wearing this in the warmer spring months it is working better for me. That said, there should be an offer of more colours on this one, the one I have is much to pink based to look natural and the shade is just slightly too pink for me. However, the wear and the fact that this never creases or fades or smudges or migrates makes it a winner. If you can find a good match, this stuff is really great. One lippie off for the poor colour selection. 04/30/04

on 3/23/2004 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this concnealer. I didn't try it for a long time because it didn't look like any of the colors would match and I thought it would be really thick (being waterproof and all). But it's neither of those things. I have never had an undereye concealer look so natural. It's so easy to blend, that there's no tugging at the eye area. And Clair II is a perfect match for my winter skin (light w/ warm undertones). I'd probably need the next darker color for summer. But I really think because of how adaptable it is, anyone can find a match w/ their shades. It seems to neutralize the bluishness of undereye circles and brighten the area, instead of trying to mask it. It's not cakey at all. And it wears forever. Also, the tube it comes in is a great idea. It keeps the stuff fresh and there's no re-dipping of fingers, brushes, sponge applicators, etc.

on 3/12/2004 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Pros: Most natural looking concealer I have ever used, waterproof, perfect color match.

Cons: Would like more product, doesn't cover darker circles.

When I originally got the lid off and saw the product, I thought it would be too dark. Tried it and voila, perfect match. It goes on creamy and smooths easily with fingers. Looks 100% natural in daylight, just doesn't cover my dark circles enough. If you apply more layers, it becomes cakey.

on 2/29/2004 9:07:00 AM

I like this better than the Lancome Maquicomplet concealer. Effacernes has buildable coverage, and doesn't really crease. It's very long lasting and I like how it's waterproof. EDIT: I think this is probably a bit drying for my undereye. It accentuates and settles into the dry lines that I didn't even know were there...on search for another concealer again... continued >>

on 2/13/2004 5:59:00 PM

i use this concealer mostly around the edage of my nose since i have redness there. it really works great because it is very creamy and blends easily. it is quite sheer, so i dont think it works very well for blemishes (i use a different concealer for those). i got this in the lightest color, porcelain i think? and it is perfect for my pale skin. i will continue to buy this... i love it!

on 2/6/2004 5:45:00 PM

-- Update --

Not reaching for this anymore, because I found some other products I now like better. But I've also become older and my eye area has changed slightly, so I don't think it's really the product, it's just me.

One tube of this lasts forever. And I really mean *forever*. I've had mine for maybe more than two years and am using it nearly daily.

This is what I dislike:

- The coverage could be better.

This is what I like:

+ Stays put all day...

+ ... even if you were crying.

+ It comes in a handy tube and you can even squeeze the tiniest amount out of it without leaking.

+ Looks very natural.

+ Illuminates nicely without glitter or shimmer.

+ even covers up my redness around my nose.

This is officially my hg concealer and I will never buy another one again! I might try some... because I want to try them all! *g* But I will always use this when I need to be sure everything's looking alright.

***UPDATE 04-26-2004****

Now it's official: This is my hg under eye concealer and I will never ever try another one again! It's also a nice brightener as it is light reflecting AND the tube lasts forever!! Compare 15 ml of this one to a more expensive pen of YSL filled with 2.5 ml (yes, that's right, it's THAT little). I hope they never never ever discontinue this! I also use it on light imperfections which are not too red (I still need a seperate concealer with more yellow tones for these) and are very pleased with the results.

I've been reaching for this every single day for years. Definitely a keeper! continued >>