September 18, 2014 | 1688 users online

Concealers - Lancome - Effacernes

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2004 5:45:00 PM More reviews by nikua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

-- Update --

Not reaching for this anymore, because I found some other products I now like better. But I've also become older and my eye area has changed slightly, so I don't think it's really the product, it's just me.

One tube of this lasts forever. And I really mean *forever*. I've had mine for maybe more than two years and am using it nearly daily.

This is what I dislike:

- The coverage could be better.

This is what I like:

+ Stays put all day...

+ ... even if you were crying.

+ It comes in a handy tube and you can even squeeze the tiniest amount out of it without leaking.

+ Looks very natural.

+ Illuminates nicely without glitter or shimmer.

+ even covers up my redness around my nose.

This is officially my hg concealer and I will never buy another one again! I might try some... because I want to try them all! *g* But I will always use this when I need to be sure everything's looking alright.

***UPDATE 04-26-2004****

Now it's official: This is my hg under eye concealer and I will never ever try another one again! It's also a nice brightener as it is light reflecting AND the tube lasts forever!! Compare 15 ml of this one to a more expensive pen of YSL filled with 2.5 ml (yes, that's right, it's THAT little). I hope they never never ever discontinue this! I also use it on light imperfections which are not too red (I still need a seperate concealer with more yellow tones for these) and are very pleased with the results.

I've been reaching for this every single day for years. Definitely a keeper! continued >>

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2004 6:26:00 AM More reviews by bibliophile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Effacernes is just okay, nothing special. I bought it for use as an undereye concealer. My undereye circles are not particularly dark, but this product failed to give adequate coverage. I definitely don't think it covers as well as Bobbi Brown undereye concealer. I ended up using Effacernes as a base on certain areas of my face that needed more coverage and it seemed to work better for that. The color selection is sadly sparse.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2004 10:37:00 PM More reviews by mclisham

I have this in Porcelaine 1 and it is wonderful at concealing my undereye circles. It sticks well and doesn't get greasy on my skin. Even though it's for undereye I also use it as an all over face concealer and it works wonderfully.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2004 9:17:00 PM More reviews by naughtiikisses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lancome has only four shades in this concealer. I actually ordered my effacernes online so I assumed I would be safe with the beige color. However, it turns out that I slowly had lost my tan and was back to my natural light shade again. And the effacernes ended up being way too orangish red on my skin. The lasting power is better than some other concealers but not HG status yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2004 4:56:00 PM More reviews by Camillaaa

I LOVE IT! I was searching for better and purchased the YSL Touche Eclat, but I have to say Effacernes is much better! As soon as the Touche Eclat is finished I will rush out to buy it again.. and also it lasts for an eternity, for more than a year(I used it everyday). I wore the 02 Sable and it matches my skin perfectly, but was a bit too light in the summer

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2003 5:03:00 PM More reviews by sthomps2

I thought this concealer was the best Ive used so far but Im still looking for something better. It lasts for a couple of hours, has decent coverage and doesnt give you more spots. Its pretty good but Id prefer better coverage. Perhaps I just need to get the darker colour, I used the lightest 01.And its really expensive at 22 euros.But, I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2003 7:27:00 PM More reviews by JudyLSC

This is a concealer I have used every day for the past 10 years (maybe more). It is waterproof, smudgeproof, and has excellent coverage. I also use it to hide any blemishes and hyperpigmentation or redness on my skin. The tube lasts an amazing amount of time since a little goes such a long way. I keep mine on my vanity with the cap pointing down, so I get every last drop.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2003 7:47:00 AM More reviews by BunnyH

I bought this concealer in 1999 and haven't looked back! It covers any imperfections perfectly. Very easy to blend and a little really goes a long way. Definatly an investment!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2003 6:18:00 PM More reviews by CaraC

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I FOUND IT!!! After a decade of searching for the perfect undereye concealer, this is it.

I am a MAC NW20 or 25 and I wear Porcelaine in this--perfect match.

It does not cake or crease, blends in to my skin perfectly, covers undereye circles and makes me look well-rested...no small feat.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2003 4:40:00 PM More reviews by shopaholicKay

I bought this product about two weeks ago, and I can't say I like it very much. The coverage is horrible, I can still see my circles even after I load it on. It's pretty expensive for concealer and the color selection isn't great either. I will definetly not repurchase.