April 18, 2014 | 2019 users online

Concealers - Lancome - Effacernes

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2003 4:40:00 PM More reviews by shopaholicKay

I bought this product about two weeks ago, and I can't say I like it very much. The coverage is horrible, I can still see my circles even after I load it on. It's pretty expensive for concealer and the color selection isn't great either. I will definetly not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2003 7:04:00 AM More reviews by alicecrybaby

I am on my search for the perfect concealer for my undereye circles, so I bought this one last week. It does a pretty decent job of covering my circles, however, the texture doesn't sit well with my skin- it sets in the few fine lines that I have and accentuates them. This can be partially counteracted by applying eye cream before this concealer, however, that's too much of a hassle in the morning. The packaging is nice-I hate dipping my fingers into makeup, and the little tube is great for throwing in the purse for touch-ups. Overall, it's a nice product, however, not quite what I'm looking for. I will try another one next time.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2003 3:33:00 PM More reviews by appleblossom

I use this to cover up dark circles and, because my skin is so thin, the little veins underneith my eyes. Soft, creamy application (no tugging): perfect for delicate skin and won't accentuate fine lines. Glitter free, natural finish for a no make-up look. And at the end of the evening it doesn't cake up and make you look ten years older! edit: you get .52 oz. for $22.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2003 5:37:00 AM More reviews by ozone

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I won't see this as my perfect concealer, but consider the price and the quality, I think this is a good concealer, at least better than YSL, Chanel, Clinque, Laura Mercier, Dior etc. It is not chalky, not too dry for my undereye circle but it doesn't have enough coverage. I will keep buying this until I find a better one. I think a good concealer really do its trick on creating a flawless polish look, but I am still looking for one.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2003 12:42:00 AM More reviews by fitz4132

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great for undereye circles, doesn't look cakey but I do need to reapply it mid-day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2003 1:33:00 AM More reviews by Caligirl42990

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Effacernes is a pretty good concealer. It is easy to blend and stays put all day. It stays on through everything, not budging one bit. It doesn't crease or settle into fine lines, either. I was really worried it would crease, as with all other concealers I had used, but it didn't. Even when I layered it! I found a good color match, too. However, it doesn't have enough coverage for my underye area. My circles were only brightened a bit. I think this would be a great concealer for people with lighter dark circles. As for myself, I'm going to give the Maquicomplet a try. Effarcernes is $22 at Macys and Nordies.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2003 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Sydney47

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't usually go for Lancome products but this is the exception. I love this creamy, longwearing concealer. Paula Begoun said effacernes is one of her top concealers ever and I can see why! The shades are minimal but they really seem to blend right in (unlike some concealers that just sit on top of the skin). I still can't believe I can wear this all day in 85 degree heat and it doesn't crease. It just does not move!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2003 4:43:00 PM More reviews by princessnectar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this on my dark undereye circles for years. After reading all the reviews here, I decided to check out some other concealers - Benefit, Sue Devitt, Shiseido, Almay, Prescriptives Camo Kit, and Maquicomplet. I must report that I have returned or trashed all of them and am back to my trusty Effarcenes. I like the light, creamy texture that blends so easily (no pulling necessary) and never creases. If only it provided a little better coverage, it would be perfect.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2003 3:06:00 PM More reviews by productjunkie76

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i really like this concealer. it definitely covers well and stays on well. here are the ingredients

WATER / AQUA

TITANIUM DIOXIDE / CI 77891
IRON OXIDES / CI 77499, CI 77491, CI 77492 ]

6 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2003 5:23:00 PM More reviews by Pippin

This is the best concealer I have ever used - its softening so good for under eyes, concentrated and long lasting. The packaging is hygenic and it lasts forever - it IS $$$ but I figure I would rather buy something that works and lasts than waste my $ on cheap products that I have to replace all the time. The first time I wore this, I got lots of compliments on how 'beautiful' i looked. Whether it was the concealer or a momentary lapse in vision who knows?