July 25, 2014 | 1816 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Collaine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i bought this as it was cheap (3.99) and i hoped it would make my foundation last longer. I was VERY dissapointed with this product. Around 3 hours after applying over a liquid foundation i looked in the mirror to find my face covered in cakey orange sploges. this was not my foundation as i have been using it for 2 years. Friends asked me why my face looked so flakey and orange. IT WAS TERRIBLE!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by GorJESSx

This used to be my holygrail pressed powder. I still occasionally use it because it gives great coverage and perfectly sets my foundation - for like two hours. I have large pores and this blurs them when first applied, but after a couple of hours it seeps into them and makes them look huge. It also starts to seperate and look very cakey. It definitely irrates my skin and adds to the acne party on my chin!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2012 4:32:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I'm not against using a cheap pressed powder, but I the skin on my face is sensitive or at least I'm hypersensitive to how it feels. I decided to try this powder out when I was looking for a cheap alternative to Mac's blotting powder (pressed). I think this product used to have higher ratings because I consulted this site because I was trying to decide between a couple other powders.

I didn't hate this product. I got two pressed powders for the price of one. I got the translucent shade and color wise it worked well for my pale fall/winter skin. I used this a handful of times and I can't really pinpoint what I didn't like about it, but I ended up throwing away one compact and then opening up the second one a few months later to give it another try. Again I through out the second compact. I think maybe something about this felt heavy to me. I felt like this combined with my liquid foundation was like a mask and my skin couldn't breath. So I wouldn't say don't buy this, but I personally won't be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by jenny90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unfortuntely I purchased a shade lighter than I should have but I still use it nonetheless. I really enjoy this powder. It does keep me matte until its time for me to take my makeup off. I have combination skin and tend to get oily around my nose and chin area. I like the effect I get after its been on for a few hours - still matte but not powdery looking. Packaging is terrible, super cheap. The lid doesn't really screw on properly, but it's the product inside that really matters to me. Price is pretty good. Would repurchase in a shade darker next time.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2012 6:42:00 AM More reviews by LeroyDuncan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

A very standard powder.
I bought this powder a couple of months ago.
I never hit pan on it, the packaging broke in my bag causing the powder to break up. There was no large impact, it just snapped in my bag. Packaging quality is bad, the plastic feels flimsy and I kind of saw it coming. If you are going to be taking this powder out with you, I highly recommend a sturdy refillable compact.
Now on to the product itself, when I first used it, it set my foundation well and did mattify my nose and T zone. No later than 3 hours later, my nose had already become shiny and so I dabbed a small amount on, a few minutes later, my nose was shiny again, telling me this powder isn't as great as it was made out to be, after about 4 hours of wear, the powder started to break down on my nose and cheeks making me look stupid. I have had poundland/dollarstore powders that have lasted longer.
In conclusion, it is a very bog standard powder and I wouldn't recommend it. Disappointing.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2012 5:45:00 AM More reviews by pinkgreenpurple

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My nose gets really oily during the day, and this doesn't do the best job at keeping it matte. It claims to last five hours, which it stands by for the rest of my face. 5 hours after applying this my nose looks like an oil slick. I wasn't expecting much out of this, but overall I think it does the job pretty well, as my t-zone does get really oily and I've never found a product to really control it. Just wish it could last a bit longer! The packaging is horrible though, I'm afraid to drop it for fear of the powder shattering! I have the shade 001 transparent, and although it's not actually transparent it's a nice winter shade for my NC15/20 skin. Overall, as long as you're not super oily I think this would work.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by nabila714

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

It's about $5 and you get i think like 14 grams of product that lasts forever. I just hit pan and its going pretty fast after that. I don't feel this gets cakey and provides very light coverage. Overall its a great setting powder. I might try the translucent shade next. I have dry skin and don't feel this makes my dry patches look even more dry. This over revlon photoready is AMAZING! the packaging sucks but i don't mind bc i don't carry it with me

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by frickinradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I found this was really good for my oily skin, but i have a feeling if you have dry skin you might want to avoid.
it's fab to wear over liquid foundation or straight over the skin (i use a light covering over my bb cream). it keeps matte all day, i have quite a physical job and its never gone cakey by the end of the day.
the colour selection is great (especially for pale skin tones, i find the transparent one is good for very pale skin).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by BizzyBunny

I like this powder. A Great drugstore find. Its a nice finishing mattifying powder. Dont expect it to hande your face if u are oily. Youll need a matte foundation and this over it to manage it. I have a foundation I like that sets dewey, and this corrects it to a more matte surface. Love it, and a steal at the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/25/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Ethana

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this powder has A LITTLE BIT of shimmer in it and the packaging sucks; and my face just get oilier in 2 or maybe even 1 hour. will never ever repurchase.