Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 4/14/2013 7:46:00 PM

I really wanted to love this powder, but I just don't. I feel like it can make my face look cakey. It does help to mattify my face, but it does not have great staying powder. For the price, it is a decent powder, but I think my expectations may have been a bit too high.

on 4/14/2013 10:32:00 AM

I LOVE THIS POWDER. My skin has a tendency to go shiny throughout the day but this powder really mattifies my skin and acts as a great, smooth finish over my foundation. However, I wish the lid had a mirror in it and came with some kind of sponge!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I actually really like this. I never use powder over my foundation due to having dry skin (the last thing I need is my foundation to look more dry and cakey) but since purchasing the studio sculpt foundation by MAC and it actually irritating my skin because it was so hydrating and sticky, I thought maybe a powder could help change how it acts on my skin.

I was right and I found that using this over the foundation took away the awful sticky feeling as well as preventing my skin from reacting too much to the foundation. Whats more is there is no cakeyness and overall gave a more even and diffused appearance to my face. I now use this powder with all my foundations and really like the effect as well as finding that foundations now last longer on my skin.

Love this product! Keeps me matte for hours, I have really oily skin so I do like to touch up maybe one a day at lunch or so, but even then I only have a slight shine in my t-zone. I have bought this over and over again, soo much love for this product! I just hate the packaging, and if you drop it it will most like shatter, very annoying!

on 4/6/2013 9:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is a pretty good powder. I definitely recommend for oily skin. Kinda drys my oil for a few hrs. It would most likely be too dry for dry skin. Packaging? Flimsy. I hate it, the lids always pops off and wont stay on. I hope Rimmel will fix this, but overall. It is a good powder. I got it for about 2-3 dollars at Target. Cheap, but it works for me.

on 4/6/2013 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is my absolute HG setting powder!! It mattifies my oily skin and gives it the most beautiful finish without being cakey. I cannot rave enough about this powder. The only thing is the packaging, the flimsy lid comes off easily but it's not a huge deal. Amazing, amazing powder, will definitely repurchase again and again.

on 4/5/2013 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I cannot believe I have been using expensive setting powders for years, when this was at my walmart for $3.97. This is amazing, it works better than any other powder I've ever used. I wear liquid foundation every day, and would set with powder by Becca or use my mineral veil, then use an UD setting spray on top. My combo skin would begin showing signs of moisture only 2 hours or so later, specifically on my upper lip. It was really frustrating. I will admit I'm pretty active at work, but the moistness just seemed avoidable. Since using this powder, my skin will look flawless for 4-6 hours after application, even if I do sweat. My body may be sweating, but my face won't! This also looks very natural, is pretty much undetectable, I wear the translucent shade, love. The top falls off easily so I keep it shut with a rubber band. I've already purchased a backup,

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I don't understand all the hype about this powder. It's not that great. It has a strong fragrance to it almost like a mix of floral and baby powder. If you want a really good powder try the Loreal True Match super blendable powder. This powder was decent but not that great. I guess if your on a super tight budget this powder is an ok option.

I would also like to include that this powder's packaging is terrible. The lid falls off so easily. It also doesn't come with a mirror or sponge which makes it hard for on the go application. Sigh.....

I love this powder!!! I use it everyday to set my foundation. I get the coloured ones so that I get a little bit of extra coverage but I've heard the translucent is good as well. It gives me a nice matte finish and then I usually spray with UD All Nighter which gives my skin a little moisture back so I don't look so powdery. Great powder and great price! The packaging is a little cheap looking but who cares at this price!

on 4/4/2013 1:33:00 PM

First off, I don't think that stay matte is a very good name for this powder because I can't imagine it controls oil very well. Maybe it does but I am not oily so I cannot attest to that. Anyway I have dry skin and this is one of the only powders that does cake up on me and accentuate my dryness. I can pack it on and it still looks natural. I can use to set my TM or use it by itself.

The packaging sucks but fortunately this powder can be used with old school refillable powder compacts which I love!!!!! You can get them on ebay. Make sure you get one that has a pan of 67 mm or 2 3/4 inches.

The price is dirt cheap and I honestly find this comparable to MAC MSFN on my skin. I use creamy natural for my NC 15ish is skin and it is perfect. This may be my HG pressed powder. I haven't found anything quite as good yet.