December 17, 2014 | 1671 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 1 of 5 on 11/28/2012 8:21:00 PM More reviews by FlavioR

Based on all the rave reviews and the inexpensive price of the product I decided to give this a shot thinking it would be foolproof, I mean, how can you screw up a product that is only intended to blot? Well, Rimmel did it. The powder is very cakey, no matter how light you apply, it's unwearable. If you have any dry patches on your skin, forget it. It reminds me of those cheap granny powders, even the smell is similar. It's also worth saying that the packaging is a joke, the lid simply does not stay put, good luck if you want to carry this in your bag. In the end, the product turned out to be expensive, since I can't wear it at all, it was like throwing a 5 dollar bill in the trash.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2012 11:46:00 AM More reviews by GingerTaylah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite pressed powder, it diminishes the appearance of pores, it makes your skin matte but not cakey and it lasts for a decent amount of time without reapplying (at least on my skin), I take it everywhere although I agree with other reviewers that you've got to be extremely careful because the packaging is extremely fragile. I'm shade 001 Transparent, and it matches my foundation and skintone perfectly, it is also quite good to tone down over-applied blush (we all make mistakes sometimes!) while still keeping your face non-cakey. I have gone through three of these and will go through more, possibly, I have no need to 'explore' other powders because this does a great job. If only the packaging was better, it'd be perfect!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/23/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Banjos

I have used Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in Translucent over Olay's Original Sensitive Moisturizer with SPF 15. I make sure the moisturizer is dry before applying the powder. It does not settle into lines or pores and lasts very well. These products have not broken me out as almost everything else does. It is not high coverage but does conceal my redness and I use a concealer for any obvious blemishes. No, the lid does not stay on properly but for the price I do not complain and just use adhesive tape when necessary. I usually use a velvet puff but it will work with soft sponges and brushes, also.

UPDATE: I just bought and tried Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder in the Creamy Natural shade to use by itself on days when I do not go out of the house. I am pretty happy with its ability to keep the shine down while being a good match for my NC15 skin. Very surprised at the selection of colors this powder comes in although not every store carries all of them. I think there are about 5 others beside the most popular Translucent shade.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2012 3:28:00 PM More reviews by brio815

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I would repurchase. It doesn't make my face look powdery or cakey. I don't think it keeps me matte very long though. And I wished it at least had a mirror. It doesn't come with a mirror or tool for application. I got creamy natural (I'm light skinned) and it matched me pretty well. I don't think it would cover exceptionally well if used by itself. I have acne prone skin & I don't think this has caused any extra breakouts. It's light feeling. If you get it at Walmart it's pretty cheap. $4 or less!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I have gone through maybe four of these, until I finally got tired of the lid cracking and/or coming off in my bag, and switched to other powders. Why can't they make it just a little bit more secure?!
I can't remember which colour I was using, but I never had a problem finding the right one for me, even though I'm really pale, but yellow-toned, not pink.
It kept me matte for a few hours, then I'd have to reapply, which is to be fair what happens with most powders for me - I think my T-zone is just that oily!
It never made me look cakey - but I always apply lightly handed!
Overall, pretty impressive for how cheap it is!
I'd repurchase this if they sort out their lid.

EDIT: March 2014 - I have since repurchased this twice! I use the universal shade Transparent. The problem with the lid still remains though, as the reason I had to repurchase the second time was that my first one fell and shattered on the floor due to the flimsy lid! Sort your stuff out, Rimmel!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 11:56:00 AM More reviews by TrisHermioneKatniss

I have repurchased this product time and time again, and will continue to do so for always.
It's just the best pressed powder I've ever tried.
I'm usually 01- Transparent, and when I'm a little bit more tanned 02- Pink Blossom. I love that they actually have shades to match pale skin tones. If you are pale, one of the darker shades would actually make a great bronzer to add a bit of colour.
It's fantastic for zapping the oil from my skin, and leaves behind a great matte finish which looks more natural as opposed to powdery. This means it can be used alone, over concealer, foundation, primer, whatever you want.
It's not hard to apply- at a pinch, you could even use your fingers.
Also, you pay about 4 and you get a product which will last you for months, which for girls on a budget is great.
One of my absolute makeup essentials, I'd never want to be without this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by ofjune

My shade: 001 Transparent
I think that I have the version of this with the minerals within it.

Pros:
Amazingly cheap for what it does.
Covers shine without looking cakey (if applied with a brush e.g. kabuki).
Lasts quite a while.
Lasts me about 2+ months used pretty much everyday.

Cons:
Packaging is cheaply made and the lid isn't very secure.
Once you hit pan it sometimes crumbles into chunks.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 6:23:00 AM More reviews by ohshizzitsrachel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for quite a while now, and I like it quite a lot. Unfortunately I'm still struggling to find the right color for me, I've tried four different shades and they all make me look ghostly, even the ones that look dark in the pan. Even with that though, I still love the results I get. Great looking matte finish with out looking like a caky mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Autumnyahiro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product. It makes me look natural and non cakey, and goes on nice and easy. If you have very dry skin I recommend moisturizing and using a face scrub once a week. I have a little issue with it though, I dislike the packaging very much, you can't carry it around with you because it will open up in my purse. But over all it is a great product I just wish it lasted longer when I apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by minisun98

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this product!! This definitely does the job by keeping my face matte and my make up lasting throughout the day. I have this in transparent, and I honestly can't see it. It literally disappears on the skin. I took one lippie off for packaging? I mean this is being really picky, but I wish I could carry it around with me.