Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

on 4/27/2013 9:23:00 PM

First things first, if you have acne-prone skin, DON'T USE THIS PRODUCT. Seeing as it's very cheap, it does contain talc, which clogs your pores. After the first day using it, I had four big pimples on my face. However, the foundation is very matte and has great staying power. It does get cakey if you apply even a bit too much, which is a problem because it's one of those foundations you have to reapply throughout the day. There's a good amount of product for the price, which is definitely an upside!

on 4/27/2013 8:58:00 AM

I really really like this powder, but I don't see it as the OMG HG product that everyone else seems to. It does the job, not even incredibly: if its a hot day or if I exert myself, my face can look oily after using this powder. But thats to be expected. I quite like it. Not cakey, does mattify, also finishes if you're using one of the pigmented ones. I wish it had a clamshell lid but its pressed powder so it doesn't really matter anyway.

on 4/27/2013 7:34:00 AM

Stop. The. Bus. Don't let the cheap price fool you! This is really impressive and not one drop fake looking or cakey looking on my nc-25 skin. (creamy beige) I popped it right out of it's plastic container in about two seconds flat with a manicure scissors and into my luxe compact. I apply it right over my sunscreen and it looks so good even my husband said I look great ( from he who never compliments me without prodding that is huge)

on 4/27/2013 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Omg holy grail powder!!! Have it in the shade transparent to set my liquid makeup. It is perfect!! No need to blot or reapply!! Beats any other overpriced powder on the market!!!

on 4/17/2013 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I really want to love this product- everyone swears by it. It does keep you matte, but only for 3 hours. After 3 hours I look horrendously oily and unflattering at all. Not only that, but it ends up looking almost like I have a thin cakey layer on my skin. The packaging is terrible and the lid pops off. Definitely not transportable.

on 4/17/2013 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Good for about an hour then cakey mess sets in. There are better matte powders out there.

on 4/17/2013 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This is a good product and I can honestly say it really does give you a matte finish! It's a great product for those who love a matte look on their skin or want it to set their foundation or concealer. I personally won't repurchase cause I like a dewy glowing look my skin :)

on 4/17/2013 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wanted to love this product so much!i see good reviews everywhere and many youtubers and beauty gurus talk about it!its very cheap too but it breaks me out so badly!i have acne-prone skin but i've hadnt had any breakouts for a long time.as soon as i started using this powder 4-5 huge pimples came out on my cheeks.i stopped using it for about a week,my breakouts calmed down and went away and then i started using it again.the same happened.i wanted to give it a last chance so i started using it again.nothing changed.i've given it to my mother instead and seems to work great for her but i cant use it myself.it gives me the worst breakouts.:(

on 4/16/2013 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product last year during the summer. The goal was to find a powder to set my foundation and concealer and keep me matte, obviously. I purchased this in a colored shade, I don't remember which, just that the color matched well.
In any case, I honestly don't think this powder did anything for me. I don't have oily skin, but I do get a sheen after maybe 3 hours. Whenever I powder my face with a good powder, the "sheen" will appear after maybe 5 hours instead.
I didn't notice any change (longer time wear or less oil production) which this product.

It's cheap, yeah, but I would recommend the ELF Complexion perfection powder (I think it's been renamed though) over this product. The ELF packaging is better and you get a mirror.

on 4/16/2013 4:55:00 PM

Lasts a decent amount of time on the skin, honestly. Fresh, clean color. Very inexpensive for the amount that you get - about $4. There's a scent but it doesn't bother me at all. I will definitely repurchase. The only thing I don't like is the packaging. Very cheap plastic; I can already tell I'm going to have issues with it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials