Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

Since I started using this about 1 1/2 years ago I've probably gone through literally 15 of these, all in transparent. I use this to set my concealer/foundation. Its super cheap and it DOES help to control shine without making my face look to pink.

on 3/4/2013 7:02:00 PM

This was a ehhhh product for me. I needed a powder, and i purchased this for $5 at my local CVS. It definitley keeps away shine, but is a bit cakey for my liking, and since i am a middle schooler i prefer a more natural look. It is alright if you are on a budget, but i recommend spenting a bit more on a nicer powder, such as revlon's nearly naked. And dont even get me started on the packaging, which is so flimsy that the lid falls off constanly... All in all, im not so impressed, but in a squeeze i could live with it.

Okay, this is literally the only powder that leaves me with a matte finish. I used to get oily an hour after I left the house.. but this stuff makes me shine free ALL DAY. I just wish it came as a compact with a mirror. But that is my only complaint. Stick with the translucent! It's amazing!

on 2/27/2013 12:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is definitely one of my favorite drug store powders...and it was under 5 dollars! It leaves your face matte and does not look cakey.

on 2/24/2013 3:24:00 AM

Ever powder I've ever tried has never kept my oil at bay for more than 30 minutes. I have extremely sensitive, acne prone combination skin and it's very important for me that my makeup looks as natural as possible, and this stuff does it. It lasts for hours (no oil in sight) and looks extremely natural in any lighting and from any distance. I use this product in Sandstorm, and applied on top of Maybelline's SuperStay concealer in Cream my face looks flawless and very natural.

The rating isn't 5 because of the packaging, except my complaint is actually different from everyone else's. While all these reviews are complaining about the lid coming off too easily, I have a lot of trouble getting it off! Maybe I have an updated version that tightened it or something, but I really wish it was easier to lift the lid off of the top.

Other than that, this is a powder I will definitely buy again.

on 2/15/2013 9:00:00 AM

I had no intention of trying this... HOWEVER in the middle of summer on vacation I looked and felt like a greasy mess so I picked this up.

Pros
-Inexpensive
-Easy to apply
-Lasts forever
-Reduces shininess for 2-3 hours
-Doesn't settle into pores

Cons
-Packaging sucks (always opens up in purse)
-Doesn't come with brush to apply
-Only mattifies for a few hours

Bottom line
This is a good drugstore option to keep oilies at bay however it does not measure up to MUF HD Microfinish powder or Sephora's translucent setting powder. I actually leave a container of this stuff in my glove compartment as a back up in case I need it in a pinch.

on 2/4/2013 8:32:00 PM

Love this stuff. Does just what you want it to. I only took points off for the shitty packaging and lack of mirror. Will buy again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I love the fact that this product doesn't make your face overly powdery or cakey. That's why I hate most setting powders because if it's a setting powder, it's not supposed to have heavy coverage, it's supposed to just lightly set your foundation. This stuff works great with a dewy or satin finish foundation because you can place the MATTE powder wherever you like to be matte on your face, and bam, you will only maybe to touch up at least once throughout the day! I have this in transparent, and it definitely doesn't have much colour, which is awesome. I love wearing this for a natural look also without any foundation for school because it keeps me matte where my shiny areas are, and it doesn't even look like makeup AT ALL. I got this for 6.99 at walmart in Canada, which is a fantastic price for a powder here. I will definitely repurchase.
I took off one lippie for the packaging. The lid does not stay on well, especially if you want to touch up your makeup throughout the day and through it in your purse. I just don't want to do that because i'm afraid the lid will fall off and the powder will get over everything.

on 2/1/2013 12:00:00 PM

The only reason I'm giving this powder a 4/5 is because of the packaging, I hate that I can't put it in my bag because the top comes off so easily! Other than that, the powder itself is great! When I first apply it it does look a little bit too powdery and matte, but after a little white it settles in and looks more natural. It's not too expensive and keeps me shine free most of the day. I just have to take another powder with me to work for the middle of the day because like I said, I can't bring this one =(

on 1/29/2013 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

i love my stay matte press powder. i have really oily skin so i have to often blot, but with the stay matte i only need to touch up my face once through out the entire day. i have the stay matte in 001 transparent and this powder works for all skin color and it doesn't make your face look ashy or cakey. the downside to this product is the packaging. the lid barley twist shut and when i pop this product in my bag the lid twistes off the product, but other than that i really love this product. it last for a very long time because with this product you only need to sweep a little on your face.

Video Reviews & Tutorials