November 1, 2014 | 1366 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by ltarwater

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I canít remember where I first saw this recommended, but it has worked really well for me for a year or two now. I am pretty pale so the translucent shade (not truly translucent, truthfully) is fine for me and not too ashy. It seems to set my foundation well - I usually apply it with a foundation wedge sponge but a brush would also work well.

I agree with the other reviews that a mirrored hinged compact with a sponge would be handier for travel use, but since I primarily use it at home I don't mind the form factor, especially since it probably helps keep the price low. I keep my 'on-the-go version' in my purse in a small zippered cosmetic bag with my other cosmetic items along with a retractable blush-sized brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by pharmgalinadl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought it because of the amazing reviews here on MUA.
Unfortunately, I am not impressed at all.
The powder looks CHALKY on my face.
It accentuates the little hairs on my face which normally can't be seen.
Its mattifying properties is mediocre. It does mattifying for a good few hours but my skin still gets oily after approx. 3 hours.
It's the chalkiest powder I've tried.

Some powders I've used in the past : Chanel Poudre Universelle Loose Powder, MUFE stay matte powder, MAC blot powder, Jurlique Silk dust loose powder, MAC prep+prime finishing loose powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by sarataylors

I have tried both the Revlon Photoready and Colorstay & Maybelline Dream Matte powders and I did like both of them, but I found that they were too pink on my skin and looked unnatural. I heard about this powered from Tanya Burr on Youtube and she swore that it was the best so I thought I would check it out seeing that their colour range was more in my spectrum ( I bought the colour 011 Creamy Natural.) It works just as well, if not better than the other powders i've tried, both high end and drugstore and my drugstore was having a 50% off sale so I scored them for super cheap. I find that it keeps me oil free throughout the say but you also have to be careful not to apply too much or it will appear somewhat cakey. I find I don't have to worry about reapply at all throughout the day which is amazing. I don't hate the packaging but i wish it was a bit more sturdy and came with a mirror. The plastic lid sometimes clicks off if i'm not careful when I'm spinning the lid back on, but other than that I think the overall product itself it awesome. I'd totally recommend this powder to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by autumnlee33

i have mine in translucent
even though this should not give off any color it does seem to make my face look more pale
but with a light hand it does mattify my tzone
the packaging sucks! not good for travel
overall great matte powder not cakey and not powdery will buy again

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by LadyxBec

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I did not like this at all.
The GOOD: The colour match was good (I have the lightest shade), it did not break me out or look overly cakey

The BAD: I didn't find that it kept my skin matte - it really wasn't that different to using other powders. There is pretty much no coverage. It is the worst packaging I have ever seen for a pressed powder - it does not stay closed at all and has no mirror. It is not very finely milled, so it was difficult to get product - a problem I have never encountered before.

This may work for less oily complexions, but for me I would not rebuy.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by eswaslike

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have no idea how anyone with oily skin can say this is a good powder. I purchased this based on all the good reviews and youtubers that use this and I'm very dissapointed. This actually made my skin more oily than ever within minutes of putting it on! I tried it a couple of times and it did the same thing every time. I would definitely skip this if you're debating getting it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by micky887

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is becoming my HG powder I love MAC'S MSF but it doesn't control oil at all I thought I would give this a go & it is really amazing considering how cheap it is & I have tried alot of powders this is by far the best as I have it in about 4 shades but warm beige is my favourite as it gives me a bit of coverage I'm really pale but it isn't dark at all on me, the packaging is horrible I wish it came with a mirror and flip top

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2012 6:30:00 AM More reviews by alisonjane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is an excellent product at keeping my extremely oily skin under control and making my foundation look amazing. It's only £4 quid in Boots, an absolute bargain and is a million times better than MAC and Estee lauder which are uo to 6 times more expensive. Like most people on here though, I hate the packaging.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/3/2012 5:09:00 AM More reviews by MissJessibel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this powder becasue I'd heard so many good things about it! I got the color translucent. I used it for about 1 week, Then my skin got some kind of reaction. At the time I didn't know what I got it from. I jsut got a lot of break outs around my forehead, nose and chin.
I stopped using makeup on my face for a little over a week, When my skin had calmed down I just used a bit of the powder to matteify my face.
And that day my break outs started up again!
So i figured that it had to be from the powder! I've stopped using it now and my skin is starting to get better!
But I do not recommend this powder!
Even my ELF studio matte translucent powder is sooo much better!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 5:11:00 PM More reviews by gracew98

The powder itself deserves a 5/5 in my opinion - it lasts for the whole day (from 7-2:30pm) at which time I start to get oily again - the shades are varied and appear to have yellow tones which is great for Asian skin :-)
HOWEVER, the packaging sucks - you don't even get a mirror, and the lid can just falls off when you hold it upside down... Moreover, the powder cracks easily which is pretty annoying as the whole reason I picked compact over loose powder is that it's cleaner, but now it's even worse and messier.