October 1, 2014 | 978 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2012 6:55:00 PM More reviews by stayfrank

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! I have oily skin and it really helps keep my face matte with no irritation. The one thing I wish I could change is the packaging. While it's fine for home, I need to use a different powder for travel because I worry about this one spilling or breaking.

I usually buy this product at Walmart and it's really too cheap to pass up.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by candicenicole

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have purchased this powder probably 8 times. I hate when I hit pan because I love it so much. The price is great (4.99 or less) and I was using Sandstorm for a while and now switched to Translucent which I prefer. Definitely my HG of powders. I use it every day to set my concealer and foundation! The packaging is not what I would love it to be, the lid always comes off in my makeup bag which sucks, but for the price, it's not really a big deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by bananachan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is a GREAT pressed powder. It applies like silk, helps me stay matte, and is very inexpensive. However...the packaging is absolute crap. The lid doesn't even stay on. I try to screw it back on, but it just pops off. Took off one lippie for that.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by BlueTutu

I always end up going back to this pressed powder. Its a reasonable price and it does a decent job. I've had it in translucent and peach glow (003) and I prefer peach glow. It doesn't add colour but I sometimes felt the translucent paled me down (and I'm pale enough as it is). I've combination skin and this sets my foundation nicely and keeps me matte for appprox 5 hours. I tend to blot instead of applying more powder and that will last me all day then.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2012 6:13:00 AM More reviews by Mereyland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually really, really like this product! I usually use the Maybelline FitMe powder however I got sick of it because it wasn't matte at all and gets oily. So, i went to my local supermarket and picked up the Stay Matte Pressed Powder in 005 "Silky Beige". And i have to say, i'm impressed! It is the only thing i have ever found that completely controls my oily skin. It blends in perfectly and i've never had the "chalky" appearance from it that some people seem to get. It gave a little extra coverage as well and i definitely be repurchasing. The ONLY down side of this powder is the stupid packaging. It has a screw on lid that actually never seals off so it's at risk of falling open in my bag. All in all, it is a WONDERFUL product that fellow oily-skinned people should try out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2012 1:06:00 PM More reviews by redangel21

I have already bought 3 of these (and of course used them up)
I LOVE this powder, it is amazing!
Pros: makes skin look matte without looking cakey, lasts longer than anything i've tried before, amazing price.
Cons: None! except it doesnt come with any applicator :/

Also, I have very light skin so I love that it comes in "translucent" because I can apply as much as I need to without looking orange.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2012 8:39:00 AM More reviews by cynaga

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just an ok powder at a great low price in a really cheap and inconvenient packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 8:31:00 AM More reviews by sj8712

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I ran out of Yves Saint Laurent's Poudre sur Mesure Semi-Loose Powder and just had to grab something (anything!) to stop my face from looking like a recently oiled pan. Seeing as a relative small Boots was the only thing at a reasonable distance from where I live, I ducked in and bought the first thing in "transparent" I found.

I've been using this for about 2 weeks now, and I have to say I absolutely love it! The best thing about it is that it works just as well (if not better) than the YSL semi-loose powder for a fraction of the price! It sits wonderfully on my skin without caking, and most importantly, doesn't break me out.

The powder itself isn't transparent at all so make sure to test it out in store before buying - however I'm very fair, so it isn't an issue personally. The packaging leaves a lot to be desired and like the other reviewers said, the top doesn't have a locking mechanism and comes off easily. I found that placing it in a small side pocket in my handbag makes traveling a mess-free affair.

Overall, I'd buy the Stay Matte Pressed Powder again! I just feel cheated now because of all the money I've spent over the years on YSL when this lovely little gem suits me much better.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by megieroo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product seems to be the perfect product upon application. I got nice smooth looking skin and in translucent it was actually light enough for me! It kept me matte all day long and didn't cake up. It seemed like it would be the perfect product. The price made it seem like a steal of a deal! The only con I could think of was the packaging. It does not stay closed and I had to keep it closed with a rubber band. However. The next morning I woke up with little pimples on my nose and forehead. I tried this powder againa few times and figured out this was the culprit.

It is worth a try! I gave it to my friend and she absolutely loves it. I would not repurchase due to my inability to wear it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by scrowell

Broke.Me.Out. Wanted to love it but the next day I had underskin pimples all over...ugh! Nice stuff though..only hear great things about it, also I do NOT have sensitive skin.