Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

Lovvvvvve this powder. It is very finely milled and kinda reminds me of benefit hello flawless. Unforrtunatly the colour selection is limited but if you can find your shade I'd highly recommend you buy it. It's better than covergirl clean pressed powder in my opinion. But the only down side is the packaging, it sucks the plastic lid pops fully off not held on by a hinge and doesn't screw on fully but I'd still recommend this product 100%

on 3/12/2013 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I don't understand all the love for this product. I am using it up, but it does not work well for me. It felt irritating and drying when I first used it, and I have to be careful or it makes me look very very cakey. (I should note that I have quite oily skin). It takes a lot for my skin to look dry. I would have thought that it would have kept the oil at bay for a long time, but not really.

I don't usually care about packaging, but this packaging was very poor. No mirror, no powder puff, and the case is very flimsy. Mine is cracked already.

All in all, I prefer Maybelline Dream Matte, even though they give you less product.

on 3/12/2013 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

this is my go-to pressed powder. has such a nice feel when it goes on your face, doesn't look cakey. super cheap as well!

on 3/9/2013 8:23:00 PM

Broke me out horribly with acne welts that took forever to heal! Will not repurchase! Packaging is also terrible, since the lid wont stay closed in my purse.

on 3/7/2013 8:24:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This powder works OK, if not similar to CHANEL's POUDRE UNIVERSELLE COMPACTE ($45.00). Both purposed for the same reason; to control oil/shine. However, Rimmel's STAY MATTE Powder is only 1/9th the cost of CHANEL's.

This product advertises "up to 5 hours natural shine control" for myself it lasts up to about 2-3 hours before I need to touch up again.

Packaging is not the most glamorous, doesn't include a mirror, and is not convenient since the entire cover/lid comes off instead of on a hinge (like most compacts), but I'm going to go ahead and make sense of it by saying it is most likely the reason why this product sells for cheap (less than $5.00). In that case, I don't mind because it's really the product I'm interested in working.

I heard of this product through the YouTube Guru Tanya Burr, she suggests this product works like it should, which it does, but most likely the weather conditions where I am versus where she resides or where anyone else who uses this product lives effects the longevity of how long the shine control lasts.

on 3/7/2013 7:55:00 AM

It only works in the winter, when it was hot and there was a lot of sun I was shiny and greasy so it couldent have worked for me .

I'm quite the product snob but this is the best pressed powder i have ever used ! i've bought about 20 of these and i don't plan on ever buying another powder again. it's color is perfect and it doesn't cake. it's super cheap and so great you got to give it a try !!!

on 3/6/2013 6:42:00 PM

Not really a review of the powder which does exactly what it says. But here is my tip. Go to a thrift/charity shop and buy a pretty vintage compact. Remove the Rimmel from the box and insert. Everyone will admire yourcompact. You have a great powder and no one will know. Also it will stay together in your bag - simple innit

Since I started using this about 1 1/2 years ago I've probably gone through literally 15 of these, all in transparent. I use this to set my concealer/foundation. Its super cheap and it DOES help to control shine without making my face look to pink.

on 3/4/2013 7:02:00 PM

This was a ehhhh product for me. I needed a powder, and i purchased this for $5 at my local CVS. It definitley keeps away shine, but is a bit cakey for my liking, and since i am a middle schooler i prefer a more natural look. It is alright if you are on a budget, but i recommend spenting a bit more on a nicer powder, such as revlon's nearly naked. And dont even get me started on the packaging, which is so flimsy that the lid falls off constanly... All in all, im not so impressed, but in a squeeze i could live with it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials