November 28, 2014 | 1403 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 6:23:00 AM More reviews by ohshizzitsrachel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for quite a while now, and I like it quite a lot. Unfortunately I'm still struggling to find the right color for me, I've tried four different shades and they all make me look ghostly, even the ones that look dark in the pan. Even with that though, I still love the results I get. Great looking matte finish with out looking like a caky mess.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Autumnyahiro

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this product. It makes me look natural and non cakey, and goes on nice and easy. If you have very dry skin I recommend moisturizing and using a face scrub once a week. I have a little issue with it though, I dislike the packaging very much, you can't carry it around with you because it will open up in my purse. But over all it is a great product I just wish it lasted longer when I apply it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 4:50:00 PM More reviews by minisun98

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this product!! This definitely does the job by keeping my face matte and my make up lasting throughout the day. I have this in transparent, and I honestly can't see it. It literally disappears on the skin. I took one lippie off for packaging? I mean this is being really picky, but I wish I could carry it around with me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by faithsmakeupmadness

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this product! It blends so easily into my skin, and I use it to set my under eye concealer/foundation. I totally recommend this (especially because of the good price)! The packaging is flimsy, though. There is a plastic cover that comes all the way off so you just have the powder. (about $5)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Srgate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!
So easy to apply, so affordable and long lasting. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Walko

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is awful and I'm quite a fan of rimmel. It was chalky , made me look ghost like and it went on patchy. It's far too fragranced as well. Nothing good to say about it at all. I'm not a make up snob and buy quite a lot of cheapies, but sometimes you get what you pay for.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by ltarwater

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I canít remember where I first saw this recommended, but it has worked really well for me for a year or two now. I am pretty pale so the translucent shade (not truly translucent, truthfully) is fine for me and not too ashy. It seems to set my foundation well - I usually apply it with a foundation wedge sponge but a brush would also work well.

I agree with the other reviews that a mirrored hinged compact with a sponge would be handier for travel use, but since I primarily use it at home I don't mind the form factor, especially since it probably helps keep the price low. I keep my 'on-the-go version' in my purse in a small zippered cosmetic bag with my other cosmetic items along with a retractable blush-sized brush.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2012 12:25:00 PM More reviews by pharmgalinadl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought it because of the amazing reviews here on MUA.
Unfortunately, I am not impressed at all.
The powder looks CHALKY on my face.
It accentuates the little hairs on my face which normally can't be seen.
Its mattifying properties is mediocre. It does mattifying for a good few hours but my skin still gets oily after approx. 3 hours.
It's the chalkiest powder I've tried.

Some powders I've used in the past : Chanel Poudre Universelle Loose Powder, MUFE stay matte powder, MAC blot powder, Jurlique Silk dust loose powder, MAC prep+prime finishing loose powder

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by sarataylors

I have tried both the Revlon Photoready and Colorstay & Maybelline Dream Matte powders and I did like both of them, but I found that they were too pink on my skin and looked unnatural. I heard about this powered from Tanya Burr on Youtube and she swore that it was the best so I thought I would check it out seeing that their colour range was more in my spectrum ( I bought the colour 011 Creamy Natural.) It works just as well, if not better than the other powders i've tried, both high end and drugstore and my drugstore was having a 50% off sale so I scored them for super cheap. I find that it keeps me oil free throughout the say but you also have to be careful not to apply too much or it will appear somewhat cakey. I find I don't have to worry about reapply at all throughout the day which is amazing. I don't hate the packaging but i wish it was a bit more sturdy and came with a mirror. The plastic lid sometimes clicks off if i'm not careful when I'm spinning the lid back on, but other than that I think the overall product itself it awesome. I'd totally recommend this powder to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by autumnlee33

i have mine in translucent
even though this should not give off any color it does seem to make my face look more pale
but with a light hand it does mattify my tzone
the packaging sucks! not good for travel
overall great matte powder not cakey and not powdery will buy again