December 19, 2014 | 1769 users online

Cleansers - MAC - Cleanse Off Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2005 8:15:00 PM More reviews by tasha1977

This stuff is great! Removes makeup super well and rinses much cleaner than DHC. The bottle seemed small to me at first but a little goes a long way and my bottle has lasted quite a while!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2005 6:33:00 AM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

For me this is one of the best makeup removers. It dissolves whatever makeup I am wearing very well. What I love most about this is the ingridient list and the fact that it contains NO mineral oil, paraffinum liquidum, etc- since I find those amazingly pore clogging. I have normal-dehydrated clear skin, but if I start using anything with mineral oil (which doesnt wash off completely), I get clogged pores due to my skin suffocating. Also this gives me no bad reactions, allergies, etc.
I follow with my normal cleanser afterwards.
I use this strictly on my face only. Never on my eyes. This is NOT recommended for the eye area, so no wonder some peoples eyes tear after using this. There are special eye makeup removers for the sensitive eye area!
This is my absolute fave of all the makeup removers and I will keep rebuying it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2005 6:36:00 PM More reviews by makeupnerd

This lovely cleanser smells like yummy lemon cake. For an combo/oily gal like myself, the idea of using a cleansing oil seemed counter-intuitive, but the results are revolutionary. It leaves my skin feeling soft and clean, not dry or greasy. Out of the three brands I've tried (DHC, Fancl, and MAC), I definitely like this one the best for the results, availability, scent, and packaging.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2005 2:13:00 PM More reviews by baksino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my fav. makeup cleanser. Remove all trace of makeup thoroughly. Even when I wear my waterproof mascara, eyeliner, and then Clarins Fix' Mascara (mascara seal, very hard to remove), it still remove all of them without much effort. I used to use DHC Cleansing Oil, but I prefer this now. I think this leave my face feeling more cleaner. I have oily/combination skin. I feel this is lighter, less more moisturizing than DHC Cleansing Oil, which I think benefit more for my skin. I followed up with a facial cleanser. I use this more as an eye makeup remover now. It sting sometimes, but I'm not complaining, but not expecting it to be sting-less.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2005 9:38:00 AM More reviews by horn2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, I never thought I would like this as much as I like my DHC oil...but I like it more! I only purchased this because I was out of DHC and hadn't had a chance to place a new order. I figured, if I hated it I'd just return it. And I use the Sheseido sun screens...so skipping the cleansing oil step isn't a good idea. But this stuff is great. The DHC is a bit thicker and seems to suds up more than this one when you go to rinse off, but it also was more harsh on the skin. DHC also bothered my eyes, so I pretty much avoided using it on the eye area. This one smells nice (not too perfumey), is a much lighter oil, and seems to do exactly what the DHC did without over-doing it. Also, it doesn't bother my eyes at all. I much prefer this cleansing oil if I had to choose between the two, although DHC is pretty wonderful too. I also like that I can buy this locally. This one is different than the Super Cleansing Oil. So if you are checking things out, you want the one that will rinse off and slightly suds. They'll know what you are talking about at the MAC counter.
As a side note, I do use a cleanser after using cleansing oils.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2005 8:39:00 AM More reviews by emywong

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Thank you for all the reviews for this wonderful product! Having read the reviews here, weighing out the yays from nays, and considering the scores, I decided to purchase the MAC cleansing oil for the very first time today. I have used a cleansing oil before by Erno Laszlo, but I found that particular one to be very gluggy. Sure, the Erno Laszlo oil did the job of removing even the toughest of waterproof mascara, but I didn't appreciate the heaviness and viscosity of the oil. This is where the MAC cleansing oil won my heart. It's very light, yet effective in removing makeup effortlessly. A beautiful scent too, may I add. Also the fact that it does not contain mineral oils is definately a big plus! I love the idea of the pump bottle, however the pump squirts a wee bit too much at a time. BTW, I have been classified as having an oily/combo complexion, but I have a feeling that this product will work in my favour. After using the oil, my next followup step is to tissue off and then use a foaming cleanser to get rid of any traces of the oil. I use the Chanel Precision Purifying Mousse, which is highly recommneded in another post on MUA. My overall verdict is that I love this product and will consider repurchasing in future.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2005 10:50:00 AM More reviews by truffle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

sigh... i guess cleansing oils just don't work for me. i have oily acne prone skin and so far i ended up passing my tiss and MAC cleansing oils to my mum who has dry skin and appreciates the residual feeling left behind. Cleansing oils are amazing at taking off everything, even oil seeds and my shiseido ultimate sun protection lotion. however from my two experience, i have found that cleansing oils work beautifully only on the top half of my face. both tiss and MAC caused me cystic acne on my chin which refused to go away for months and MAC almost ruined my vacation in bangkok. i had these bumps on my chin which, if not for makeup, would have left me paralysed in my room. sigh... will have to stay away from cleansing oils forever! two bouts of cystic acne and you'd think i have learnt my lesson but come one fine day, thanks to glowing reviews i find here would have me experimenting at the cost of my skin and self esteem again. I RESOLVE TO LEARN MY LESSON!!! ps: for those whose cleansing oils are working for you. bitches. i'm positively jealous

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2005 9:33:00 AM More reviews by ssandhar

I break out quite easily, and was therefore weary of using this product. But now that I've tried it, I am totally in love with it. It washes away all of my makeup, including waterproof mascara, in no time flat.
There is no residue at all, so I don't feel the need to use another face wash afterwards.
I have noticed over the past few weeks that I've been using this product, that the texture of my skin is nicer. I think the natural oils in this product help to moisturize my skin, making it smoother.
Love this product. Don't be afraid to try if you're prone to break out like I am. I actually think this product helps!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2005 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Asphodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lovely scent, LUV the fact that it does not contain any mineral oil, ingredient list includes olive oil, rice germ oil, wheat germ oil, evening primrose oil, lavender oil, bitter orange oil, jojoba see oil etc... sounds wayyyyy better than the Shu Uemura 'mineral' cleansing oil. Leaves no residue behind, just clean soft skin, not sure about leakage problem yet, will post an update if experience one. Have tried different kinds of cleansing oil from Fancl, Shu Uemura, SKII... this is by far the best.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2005 10:03:00 AM More reviews by grouch

This stuff is excellent. I was a bit wary as I suffer from acne but to tell the truth this stuff helped (along with my skin cueticals regime of vitamin c 10, phyto corrective gel, b5 gel and daily moisturizer...in the evening i apply origins out of trouble mask). This has no mineral oil in it and it really soothes my skin and gives it a nice healthy look and feel. It contains olive oil and evening primrose oil along with a lot of other naturally lovely oils. If you have acne please do not be scared to use this, it will not break you out. Go buy it!