MAC Cleanse Off Oil

4.3

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate,Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Squalane, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Oil, Tocopherol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Water / Aqua / Eau, Rosa Canina (Rose) Fruit Oil, Limonene

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is an outstanding heavy-duty makeup remover -- I only use this when I've been wearing fairly serious club makeup, because unless I have a metric ton of eyeliner to get off my face, this product is overkill. Every time I use this I'm impressed that it removed a full face of makeup in one go. I chase it with MD Formulations' sensitive skin glycolic acid cleanser and then an olive oil and beeswax skin creme I get at a health food store, and my skin behaves like it hasn't even noticed I smothered it in makeup. Another MAC winner.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I would *never* have thought that I could get away with washing my face with oil...I'm very acne-prone and sensitive, but this stuff is WONDERFUL. I use it both at night, to remove all my makeup, and in the morning. It gets every bit of makeup off and makes my face so soft - no oily film *and* no dryness! I personally don't feel the need to use another cleanser afterwards. I use it to remove eye makeup too and it has never burned/stung my eyes...the only slight issue I have is that it makes them a little blurry for a few minutes, but it's no biggie. I have no idea if the bottle leaks...it doesn't leak on my counter, but I've never traveled with it. I'll update on that after I take it somewhere and find out :P

I've been using this for a little while and I really like it. It takes all of my makeup off and doesn't leave an oily residue. It also does not dry out my skin. I've used the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil also, and I really liked it, but with the acne medications I use, it dried my skin out so bad. I had to immediately put moisturizer on and it would still flake. I like the MAC Cleanse Off Oil much better. It doesn't irritate my skin at all. It's a lighter oil, and has a nice fragrance. I will definitely repurchase.---UPDATE 6/19/06---I still love this. It has definitely replaced the DHC Deep Cleansing Oil. I've been using this a while, and I recently re-ordered the DHC and tried it again. I got a few whiteheads the next day after I had used the DHC, so I won't be using it again. Also, after using the MAC for a while, the DHC feels too heavy. Anyway, love this and will continue to use.---UPDATE 10/06/06---Still using this and still loving it!

Never in my life did I think I would wash my face with oil but I think this is my new HG cleanser. I use retinoids so my skin is sensitive in some areas and this cleanser doesn't irritate it at all. I have not had a break out, it removes WP mascara well (although I have to cleanse twice to get it all off), it is soothing to my dry areas AND gets rid of the oil on my T zone. I only wish it wasn't so expensive in Europe.

One of my holy grails cleansers. It takes everything off, but I agree with other MUAers: it's not for everyone, and not everyone are able to use it on their eyes without a bad reaction. I use it on my face/eyes without a problem. However, my pores get clogged pretty easily so I'm not sure if this is one of the causes. The leakage problem is easily solved by twisting the pump the other way so that it's locked. The pump does not go down when you lock it. When I travel with this, I tape it in place to secure it just in case. I also put all my cleansers, shampoos, whatever that is prone to leakage in zipploc bags.

Anyway, great cleanser and it lasts.

This is a great oil cleanser. It rinses really well - I never use a second cleanser afterwards. Don't think it's ever caused any breakouts. The pump bottle is great too - I've travelled with this many times and it's never ever leaked.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff! I'm on my second bottle and don't know how I got by for so many years without it. I have combo skin which is prone to clogged pores if not thoroughly cleansed. The Mac Cleanse Off Oil easily removes all my makeup without drying my skin or leaving any noticeable residue. The pores in my T-zone look great; my dry cheeks feel great. I also tend to break out if I don't clean my face thoroughly; this product hasn't caused me any break outs or bumps or any irritation at all. I use 3 pumps to clean my entire face so 1 bottle lasts me several months. Great stuff!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had been using Weleda's Almond Facial Cleanser for the last 3 months and happy with the results. I have very dry, sensitive, eczema prone skin skin and need something that won't strip my skin or be too harsh. I was at the MAC counter last weekend buying some mu goodies when I decided to go ahead and try the oil (I just ran out of the weleda plus I had read so many great reviews of this product on here) and man I am so glad I went for this. Even though its an oil it is not overwhelmingly greasy, nor does it leave a heavy film on your face. In fact I think it does a great job of leaving your face feeling clean and soft. The smell is fantastic too, a light lemon/clean smell, not offensive whatsoever. I don't see any need to use another cleanser afterwards (if you are dry like me you wont either). The only negs I can think of are that I can see this running out pretty fast-I'm not quite sure how many pumps I shold be using each time! The pacaking seems ok too, you can turn the pump to shut but I will still put in a pastic bag when traveling this xmas (hopefully no spills! if so i will update!)

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have been using the DHC oil off and on for about 4 years now and after a recent bad encounter with Philosophy Purity (great product, my skin hated it) i decided that i was tired of having to send off for my DHC.. i wish they'd open stores on the east coast! The recommendations here were good, so i tried this mac cleanse off oil and after a week, i'm impressed.. no little clogged pore bumps, no irritation or drying, and it gets off all eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara etc.. also makes sure the primer i use (Nars) doesnt remain behind. i'm quite pleased with the lighter texture and color (almost like canola oil in color) and the light pleasent fragrance reminds me of a milder version of Fresh's Sugar Scrub.. i have dehydrated normal skin.

This stuff is great! Removes makeup super well and rinses much cleaner than DHC. The bottle seemed small to me at first but a little goes a long way and my bottle has lasted quite a while!