MAC Cleanse Off Oil

4.3

Cetyl Ethylhexanoate,Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostearate, Squalane, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Germ Oil, Tocopherol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Bitter Orange) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Water / Aqua / Eau, Rosa Canina (Rose) Fruit Oil, Limonene

on 12/27/2005 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this stuff! I'm on my second bottle and don't know how I got by for so many years without it. I have combo skin which is prone to clogged pores if not thoroughly cleansed. The Mac Cleanse Off Oil easily removes all my makeup without drying my skin or leaving any noticeable residue. The pores in my T-zone look great; my dry cheeks feel great. I also tend to break out if I don't clean my face thoroughly; this product hasn't caused me any break outs or bumps or any irritation at all. I use 3 pumps to clean my entire face so 1 bottle lasts me several months. Great stuff!

on 12/21/2005 7:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had been using Weleda's Almond Facial Cleanser for the last 3 months and happy with the results. I have very dry, sensitive, eczema prone skin skin and need something that won't strip my skin or be too harsh. I was at the MAC counter last weekend buying some mu goodies when I decided to go ahead and try the oil (I just ran out of the weleda plus I had read so many great reviews of this product on here) and man I am so glad I went for this. Even though its an oil it is not overwhelmingly greasy, nor does it leave a heavy film on your face. In fact I think it does a great job of leaving your face feeling clean and soft. The smell is fantastic too, a light lemon/clean smell, not offensive whatsoever. I don't see any need to use another cleanser afterwards (if you are dry like me you wont either). The only negs I can think of are that I can see this running out pretty fast-I'm not quite sure how many pumps I shold be using each time! The pacaking seems ok too, you can turn the pump to shut but I will still put in a pastic bag when traveling this xmas (hopefully no spills! if so i will update!)

on 11/30/2005 12:21:00 PM

I have been using the DHC oil off and on for about 4 years now and after a recent bad encounter with Philosophy Purity (great product, my skin hated it) i decided that i was tired of having to send off for my DHC.. i wish they'd open stores on the east coast! The recommendations here were good, so i tried this mac cleanse off oil and after a week, i'm impressed.. no little clogged pore bumps, no irritation or drying, and it gets off all eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara etc.. also makes sure the primer i use (Nars) doesnt remain behind. i'm quite pleased with the lighter texture and color (almost like canola oil in color) and the light pleasent fragrance reminds me of a milder version of Fresh's Sugar Scrub.. i have dehydrated normal skin.

on 11/17/2005 8:15:00 PM

This stuff is great! Removes makeup super well and rinses much cleaner than DHC. The bottle seemed small to me at first but a little goes a long way and my bottle has lasted quite a while!

on 11/17/2005 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

For me this is one of the best makeup removers. It dissolves whatever makeup I am wearing very well. What I love most about this is the ingridient list and the fact that it contains NO mineral oil, paraffinum liquidum, etc- since I find those amazingly pore clogging. I have normal-dehydrated clear skin, but if I start using anything with mineral oil (which doesnt wash off completely), I get clogged pores due to my skin suffocating. Also this gives me no bad reactions, allergies, etc.
I follow with my normal cleanser afterwards.
I use this strictly on my face only. Never on my eyes. This is NOT recommended for the eye area, so no wonder some peoples eyes tear after using this. There are special eye makeup removers for the sensitive eye area!
This is my absolute fave of all the makeup removers and I will keep rebuying it!

on 10/15/2005 6:36:00 PM

This lovely cleanser smells like yummy lemon cake. For an combo/oily gal like myself, the idea of using a cleansing oil seemed counter-intuitive, but the results are revolutionary. It leaves my skin feeling soft and clean, not dry or greasy. Out of the three brands I've tried (DHC, Fancl, and MAC), I definitely like this one the best for the results, availability, scent, and packaging.

on 10/2/2005 2:13:00 PM

This is one of my fav. makeup cleanser. Remove all trace of makeup thoroughly. Even when I wear my waterproof mascara, eyeliner, and then Clarins Fix' Mascara (mascara seal, very hard to remove), it still remove all of them without much effort. I used to use DHC Cleansing Oil, but I prefer this now. I think this leave my face feeling more cleaner. I have oily/combination skin. I feel this is lighter, less more moisturizing than DHC Cleansing Oil, which I think benefit more for my skin. I followed up with a facial cleanser. I use this more as an eye makeup remover now. It sting sometimes, but I'm not complaining, but not expecting it to be sting-less.

on 9/16/2005 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Well, I never thought I would like this as much as I like my DHC oil...but I like it more! I only purchased this because I was out of DHC and hadn't had a chance to place a new order. I figured, if I hated it I'd just return it. And I use the Sheseido sun screens...so skipping the cleansing oil step isn't a good idea. But this stuff is great. The DHC is a bit thicker and seems to suds up more than this one when you go to rinse off, but it also was more harsh on the skin. DHC also bothered my eyes, so I pretty much avoided using it on the eye area. This one smells nice (not too perfumey), is a much lighter oil, and seems to do exactly what the DHC did without over-doing it. Also, it doesn't bother my eyes at all. I much prefer this cleansing oil if I had to choose between the two, although DHC is pretty wonderful too. I also like that I can buy this locally. This one is different than the Super Cleansing Oil. So if you are checking things out, you want the one that will rinse off and slightly suds. They'll know what you are talking about at the MAC counter.
As a side note, I do use a cleanser after using cleansing oils.

on 8/28/2005 8:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Thank you for all the reviews for this wonderful product! Having read the reviews here, weighing out the yays from nays, and considering the scores, I decided to purchase the MAC cleansing oil for the very first time today. I have used a cleansing oil before by Erno Laszlo, but I found that particular one to be very gluggy. Sure, the Erno Laszlo oil did the job of removing even the toughest of waterproof mascara, but I didn't appreciate the heaviness and viscosity of the oil. This is where the MAC cleansing oil won my heart. It's very light, yet effective in removing makeup effortlessly. A beautiful scent too, may I add. Also the fact that it does not contain mineral oils is definately a big plus! I love the idea of the pump bottle, however the pump squirts a wee bit too much at a time. BTW, I have been classified as having an oily/combo complexion, but I have a feeling that this product will work in my favour. After using the oil, my next followup step is to tissue off and then use a foaming cleanser to get rid of any traces of the oil. I use the Chanel Precision Purifying Mousse, which is highly recommneded in another post on MUA. My overall verdict is that I love this product and will consider repurchasing in future.

on 7/31/2005 10:50:00 AM

sigh... i guess cleansing oils just don't work for me. i have oily acne prone skin and so far i ended up passing my tiss and MAC cleansing oils to my mum who has dry skin and appreciates the residual feeling left behind. Cleansing oils are amazing at taking off everything, even oil seeds and my shiseido ultimate sun protection lotion. however from my two experience, i have found that cleansing oils work beautifully only on the top half of my face. both tiss and MAC caused me cystic acne on my chin which refused to go away for months and MAC almost ruined my vacation in bangkok. i had these bumps on my chin which, if not for makeup, would have left me paralysed in my room. sigh... will have to stay away from cleansing oils forever! two bouts of cystic acne and you'd think i have learnt my lesson but come one fine day, thanks to glowing reviews i find here would have me experimenting at the cost of my skin and self esteem again. I RESOLVE TO LEARN MY LESSON!!! ps: for those whose cleansing oils are working for you. bitches. i'm positively jealous

Video Reviews & Tutorials