October 21, 2014 | 2036 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2006 11:03:00 PM More reviews by KristaLynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Lightbulb! Now I get it!! I tried out the LaMer Body Lotion and noted that it smelled just like Acetic Acid. It was a strong odor too. I have never heard of using Acetic Acid as a Dermatological treatment before. But "acid" is "in" now for peels. (When I was young it was a different kind of "acid" that was "in" ut that is another story.)
Since I worked in a lab for years I knew that Vinegar is a dilute Acetic Acid. Cooking vinegar runs around 5 to 10% Acetic Acid.
There you have it, Ladies. Vinegar is one of La Mer's secret ingredients.
I read that some have been mixing the vinegar with other substances such as aspirin. I strongly suggest that you are certain that you know all the properties and potential interactions between two substances before you mix them together so that you do not end up with a violent reaction or toxic fumes. This is a good opportunity to remind everyone that you should never ever let chlorine bleach and ammonia come in contact with each other because of the toxic fumes. Ammonia is in many hair products as well.
Be careful out there!

28 out of 32 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2006 9:28:00 PM More reviews by captainlulu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is amazing. I use 3/4 ACV with 1/4 green tea. My skin has never looked so good. I would recommend this to anyone with problem skin. If it's too drying, it can easily be diluted down. I use ACV as a toner after aqua glycolic face wash. Before these two items, my skin was extremely oily and acne prone. I was ashamed to leave the house sometimes. If you have problem skin it's definitely worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2006 8:31:00 PM More reviews by thekate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i have been saving my "reviews" on products for the one or few products that i have seen a REAL improvement from, and i must say, acv toner is my first review and i really hope it helps others as much as its helped me!!
i have been using acv toner, made with bragg's apple cider vinegar (1/3) + rosewater (2/3) both products found easily at Whole Foods markets, for less than a week now.. i would say it's been about four days, only 4 days and i've noticed a change in my skin already!! that is an incredible feat for me! i rarely ever see any results from the gajillions of products i've bought over the years!
i'm 22 years old and have always had sometimes very oily/combo/acne prone skin. never have i gone through any sort of massive breakouts, just a zit here and there once in a while... just until this past year. this past starting october is when i started to notice minor acne forming in places it never used to ever form before and the more i tried to prevent more from popping up (by using everything from proactiv to all the mua recommended products) the more acne came and it was so darn persistant! i grew depressed because i did not know the cause for my massive breakout and there was no end to it, no matter what i tried! luckily, i read about acv toner and the many good things it did for a lot of people, and i finally got my butt to wholefoods to buy and try it myself. i'm very happy with the results thus far! the pimples on my cheeks/hairline/chin are fading away with no new pimples so far, my skintone has shown slight improvement and i am confident that with more usage my skin will return to what it used to look like, pre-acne!
i've also been using mario badescu's buffering lotion on problem areas at night and the proactiv's repairing lotion on the face during the morning after the toner. so far so good, and i hope that i'm on the way to a clear face! if anyone has doubts, just try it, can't hurt since its easy to make and cheap compared to everything else out there!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2006 1:27:00 PM More reviews by redjenny

I have been using this for a week and I have to say the changes in my skin are remarkable. I am very fair, have a lot of redness/uneven tone from sun damage and a derma-sanding procedure done about 1.5 years ago. Also some large pores and oily skin on the T-zone. I started off using White House brand apple cider vinegar, 1/3 diluted to 2/3 distilled water. This had nice results in and of itself but then I read further reviews that suggested using Bragg's, i.e., a raw, unpasteurized ACV with the "mother", combined with green tea, so I made up a batch of that: 1/2 Bragg's to 1/2 green tea. Wow! What a difference! After only about 3 days of use my skin tone has evened to the point that I would actually consider leaving my house without foundation. My skin is smooth to the touch and positively GLOWS. *With* foundation my skin looks nearly flawless and the makeup lasts much longer without requiring touch-ups. This stuff is the BOMB! Others have mentioned the smell but I don't notice it much. Anyway, after the rinse with water the smell disipates quickly. I wish I had discovered this 7+ years ago when my skin was really in trouble. Amazing stuff, and dirt cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2006 9:43:00 AM More reviews by da4123

i'm 23 and have had a relatively bad case of acne since i was 16. i have been using acv as a toner for only 2 weeks and i've never received so many compliments about my skin before! my skin is clearer, evened out and is brighter than ever. i use it 1 part acv and 1 part rose water, it really helps with the smell. i love acv. thank you to whoever discovered this!! =D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2006 12:52:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm wondering how much money I have spent, chasing the results I have gotten with ACV. All those visits to the dermatologist, all those pots of cream and tubes of lotion... I shudder to think of how much it added up to.

I did not buy Braggs, I just got out the bottle in my cupboard. I mixed it with some witch hazel and put it in a squirt bottle. I do not hate the smell of ACV since I use it when I cook quite a bit, but it's not pleasant putting it on your face, HOWEVER, this is the real deal, it totally works. I just squirt some on a cotton ball and use it exactly like toner. It clears up my oily skin & breakouts in a day or two which is just crazy--I never get results that fast. And my skin has not been this smooth since I was a child.

I am definitely going to get some essential oils and experiment with changing the smell, but that is a very minor flaw since ACV is essentially a miracle on my skin. This is incredible.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2006 7:36:00 PM More reviews by Danajean

i have not used bragg's acv - just the plain old heinz white vingear - probably over a month now. i'm in my 30's and have horrible skin - breakouts since i was 12 - accutane 3 times, antibotics etc. using vinegar as a toner once or twice a day has greatly improved my skin. it's one of the best products ever - and i've tried everything! i no longer breakout - around the same time i started with vinegar i also started using organic jojoba oil as my evening moisterizer and the combo has been perfect thus far! worth a try for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/30/2006 2:22:00 PM More reviews by yvonmul

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This smelled absolutely hideous and turned my stomach, so I only used it once. I gave it 2 lippies because to be honest I never really gave it a chance. If you are sensitive to fragrance don't get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2006 5:30:00 AM More reviews by el7elwa80

I think we should all give a big thanks to fort who was the first to write a review on this!! and from which since soo many of us are using this great toner!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2006 11:17:00 PM More reviews by krissmass

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

God, I love MUA! THIS is what I'm talking about. I'm 36 and I've stopped breaking out but it's summer and I get little clogged pores and I was wanting something for that...and here it is! I couldn't wait to try it. I loved the idea of mixing it with strong green tea, so I did that plus 1/3 acv, plus a couple drops of lavender oil. Then I remembered I had some little rosehip vitamin C tablets lying around, and I threw seven of those into the mix. I shook it up, applied it to my face three times during the day. Last night I had a clogged pore on my cheek and another on my chin. The one on my cheek felt like it might turn into something... and now 18 hours later it is all dried up and disappearing and the one on my chin is completely gone! YAY!!!! With the lavender oil the smell isn't too bad and it fades pretty quickly. And check the results! It has to be good for you because it's got the green tea, the Vit C, the astringent lavender, plus the hydroxy acid of the vinegar. Awesome and dirt cheap. Thanks again, my MUA sisters! (and brothers maybe?)