Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 9/20/2006 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Wasn't crazy about it. Made my skin more oily and didn't provide great coverage. It also didn't help with breakouts - caused me to breakout more. Ugh. Won't be buying again.

on 9/4/2006 6:08:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I bought this pretty randomly at Eckerd a few days ago and decided to look it up on makeupalley when I got home. I was surprised with all of the positive comments as I usually have problems with drugstore foundations. I am happily surprised by the results I got from this. The coverage is excellent and the Ivory matches my skin perfectly. It really is helping to clear my skin ... the blemishes I had when I started using this foundation a few days ago are going away more quickly than usual and I haven't had any new ones since I started using it. My only complaint is that it is very drying. It has 2% salicylic acid, which is great for healing blemishes but it does start peeling my skin after several hours. The skin on my hand where I had poured it to apply even flaked off several hours after I had washed my hand ... that's powerful stuff. I will stick with this, though, until my recently broken out skin gets back to normal. The part I'm happiest about is the coverage - it really is great, better than any drugstore brand I've tried.

on 7/30/2006 4:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

My favorite foundation at the moment. It has really great coverage for me. It doesn't so much get rid of acne, but it definitly helps keep new acne from forming. Because it has the Salicylic Acid it helps calm my nerves that it's making my face break out.

update: I've moved on to powder foundation now :)

on 7/27/2006 5:05:00 AM

Amazingly silky-smooth finish makeup, v. good coverage and lasts well even in the heat (I use powder on top and blot at lunchtime). Doesn't grease up or dehydrate my skin (and my skin is difficult to cater for! combo/acne-prone + sensitive). Fairly cheap but packaging is poor - tall standing glass bottle that leaks easily, v. wide opening and difficult to pour into hand to apply (though the foundation itself is easy to apply) and therefore not portable at all. It's runniness also means it's difficult to decant. Will repurhcase however, and just use at home.

on 7/1/2006 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really love how this foundation keeps my oily skin in check. But I have 2 problems, one I can't seem to find the right color match and two the packaging sucks. As the foundation starts to run out, it's getting harder and harder to get it out without spilling it all over the place. But I can live with it. I don't know if it's actually helping my zits, but my skin isn't as oily, so it's okay. If I could just get the perfect color, this would totally be my HG, hands down.

on 6/18/2006 7:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I looooove this product. It gives my skin a great matte finish without looking too fake and cakey. It gives medium coverage, and I find it doesn't cause pimples on my oily skin. Not sure how much it heals blemishes but I'll keep on buying it anyways. I don't find the bottle as bad as everyone else says it is...

this stuff is ok when you put it on, the colors look nice on your face even if its not the EXACT match like everyones complaining about. i have oily acne prone skin, this stuff didnt give me any zits, it just made my zits "come to a head" u know, that white bump on top - yes. i use maybellines pure makeup which is the BESt but i use this stuff as my concealer cause i lyk the coverage. Over-all this is pretty good but im always looking for soomething better and theres plenty in the jar to last a while so i probably wont buy again.

on 6/3/2006 4:54:00 PM

This is not one of Almay's best liquid foundations, but it is decent enough. The coverage is medium, so it can make your skin tone look more even but you will need to wear a concealer underneath if you have fresh acne marks to hide. I think this foundation falls short of being as good as Almay's recently discontinued line because it's so hard to blend into the skin. That means if you get up close to the mirror, it's very obvious you're wearing make-up although it's not quite the cakey look. The foundation takes a little longer to dry after you apply it to your skin, but even afterwards you need to rub it in a little more and brush (not pat) on some powder to get a natural look. On the plus side, this foundation has very good long wear. I can wear it all day sweating in the heat, and it stays on without seeming to break me out. I like the shape of the bottle it comes in; I think it would make it easier to get down to the last drop of make-up in the bottle. But the lid is kind of screwy so you do NOT want to shake the bottle while the lid is still on. The foundation ends up getting stuck in the lid, which is hard to wipe off, so you end up having foundation drip all over the bottle every time you screw the lid back on. Other cons would be the smell--not great but not unbearable, and no SPF.

on 5/31/2006 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

With the new re-vamped Almay, I decided I should maybe give the product a go. I have acne prone skin, and since Neutrogena worked so well for me I thought maybe I'd have the same kind of luck with the Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup.

I'm not saying it's a bad choice for everyone, but a bad choice for people with fair skin, even the lightest shade in their collection was way too dark for my skin, medium skintones and definitely yellow undertones can pull it off, peaches and cream...you might as well look somewhere else.

The consistency isn't the best, it's a little too liquid-y in my opinion, and with the horrible packaging it makes it that much worse!

There really isn't all too much to say but I absolutely would not recommend this product. You really are better off with the Neutrogena.

on 5/23/2006 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

The coverage with this is very good. I find mixing it with moisturiser gives a natural, glowing finish and if applied in layers on its own, it just gives full coverage.

I did find it a bit drying though, and hard to blend, so I moisturise each bit of skin directly before I put on the foundation, then it's fine.
The colour (naked) is alright if blended properly. It's slighty orange if you put a little too much on.

I have actually seen an improvement in my skin after using this product.

It stays on well, espcially when set with powder.

The only problems are getting used to blending properly. With other foundations you can just rub it in but with this I have to take more time.

EDIT and of course, one of the best foundations I've ever used and they no longer sell it in the UK.