August 21, 2014 | 1000 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2006 9:05:00 PM More reviews by jjp007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my daytime makeup. It's covers my redness and breakouts pretty well but I do have to use Clinique concealer over the really red parts. It stays on very well and the color (Ivory) is very nice.......a bit dark for being the lightest shade but I use a self tanner on my pale pale neck to help match (I have to do this with most foundations as I am very pale). I wear a powder over it and this helps keep it from looking oily. It's not to drying either for a foundation for acne prone skin with salicylic acid in it.

I agree that the packaging is pretty bad. To stop the foundation leaking down the bottle and caking on the lid I don't shake it with the cap on. I use a sponge to apply this and I put the sponge over the top and then shake it up then replace the cap when I'm done and no mess! I'm not fond of a glass bottle either as it makes it difficult to travel with so I hope when they repackage this foundation they fix these mistakes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2006 3:43:00 PM More reviews by taylorsmom1118

I tried this after reading some reviews here and hoping that I could find a foundation that had good coverage yet didn't make my face too oily. It is good at keeping away the oil, but I didn't think the coverage was that great. It didn't really hide any blemishes I had. It blended well if you were quick about it. I would find that as the day went on my cheeks would get a bit itchy. The packaging should definately be re-made into something more sanitary like a pump. Overall I like the concept of this foundation, but found the ingredients too drying and irritating for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2006 10:11:00 PM More reviews by comso_chick123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loveee this stuff! I actually got it on clearance at target for about $3! It's a wonderful foundation. It makes you look very natural, which is a quality I look for in foundations. As for the negative reviews, I do agree the packaging could be better, but it's not horrible. The normal price of $11 is a bit high but I'll still buy it at that price if I run out. If you want to see a picture of what it looks like.....

continued >>

11 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2006 4:46:00 PM More reviews by hedgepuppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great foundation! Full coverage, easily blendable, and a great neutral, suit-every-skin-tone shades. I don't know if it actually HEALS blemishes, but it certainly doesn't irritate reactive skin. My only gripe is the packaging, which is absolutely horrendous. I can't quite explain why, but I think the problem is the cap-- it has a reservoir divit in it that collect product when you shake the bottle. That's not really a problem for application because you invert the cap and sit it on the sink while you apply. But when you put the cap back ON, the product drips down and after several applications crusts all over the top of the bottle. I don't think I have EVER taken issue with packaging but this is so bad it really deserves a mention.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2006 11:25:00 PM More reviews by stephani99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is okay, which isn't necessarily a bad thing I guess. It covers okay, blends okay, wears okay, looks okay. Nothing really spectacular but nothing really bad either. The lightest Ivory shade works for my combo NC15 skin, neither too pink or too beige. I mostly like this foundation because of the blemish fighting properties when my skin is acting up, naturally it doesn't break me out, although I do need to add a bit of powder to my t-zone to keep it matte. My main issue with this is that it's WAY to thin and runny and the packaging sucks so it either ends up spilling or leaking and making a mess, which is just wasteful. They really should add a pump, or thicken it up just a little bit.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2006 8:17:00 AM More reviews by jljames4

I am very impressed with this foundation. To me it is very similar to my dearly departed MK Day Radiance in oil-free. First of all I have sensitive, combo, fair skin. The shade (ivory) is an extremely impressive match for me. Decent coverage, good staying power, natural look. Now the bottle design absolutely REEKS. I can't imagine why they have such a horrible design, but I will repurchase because of the quality of the foundation. 12.00 seems too high to pay for a Wal-Mart foundation, so I try to hit it on sale. Other than the packaging I have nothing but praise for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2006 6:44:00 PM More reviews by medshan

Bought this a week ago and have been really pleased. The color seems to be right on and does not change during the day. The coverage is moderat and does not settle into my "laugh lines" and pores. I think it has helped my breakouts by drying them out, but I don't know if it actaully "heals". I use it on a daily basis and have VERY oily skin. I use an oil blotting paper one time, about half way through my day, with a little powder and I'm good to go! Very happy so far.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/18/2006 6:12:00 PM More reviews by beaglebaileysmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I must have bought something other than what has been discussed here (I didn't really, I'm just amazed at how popular this is). It was very pink-toned and had very heavy coverage. I have pale skin, and Ivory was not light enough--it still looked like a mask (a pink mask). It feels thick too. Yes, the bottle leaks a LOT. And it makes my skin red (i.e. it's irritating).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2006 1:42:00 AM More reviews by Alyweld

I am a welder and at work I get hot and sweaty, and my face...oily. This is the only thing that works!!! It helps clear up my face and coverage is great for me! Ever since I started using this product I never have serious breakouts. DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT AT A DRUGSTORE!!!! You will pay out the nose!! I only buy this at Walmart!! It's only 10.00 bucks there, if I go to Rite Aid it is 13.00!! The bottle does leak though. You have to be able to store it someplace it can stand up straight! I always wedge it in my purse so it can't fall down! I found the best way to apply this is with a spounge...no doubt!! If you try to use anything else it is terrible! If you feel like you don't get enough coverage with just one layer on, get a q tip and dab it on the blemish! It should work pretty much like a concealer. Then you don't have to buy a concealer stick!!! I understand how this might not work for everyone, but it works the best for me!! If you do have problems with dry skin, I do not reccomend this product! It has that something or other acid in it, and can cause some dryness, not much for me though. For people who have some sweaty jobs and have oily skin, this stuff is the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2006 10:40:00 PM More reviews by tygerlyly311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation is great! It makes my skin look flawless, and stays on for a very long time! It is a little pricey for drugstore foundation, though...especially since I'm a typical broke college student. My only other complaint is that the lid leaks...but it won't keep me from repurchasing over and over!