December 20, 2014 | 1130 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2006 11:26:00 AM More reviews by mlee1112

This could be my HG! I have this in Sand and it's a pretty close match for my skin. It goes on smoothly and gives good coverage without looking obvious or mask-like. My husband always said my other bases "look good while you're putting it on, then it starts looking funny once it's dried." Well, he gave this one his stamp of approval-and actually said this looks very natural on me! It also controls oil very well, and doesn't accentuate any lines or flakes. And while it doesn't seem to heal blemishes, it doesn't appear to cause them either. Love this stuff! EDIT: I still think this is a good product, but have since switched to Everyday Minerals mineral foundation. I find it looks more natural while still giving me the coverage I need (and it never breaks me out!).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2006 1:46:00 PM More reviews by sarah6ee88

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I also use this in buff, I like this stuff a lot. Thats very rare cming from me because i have really sensitive skin... Since I've been using this my skin has cleared up a bit.. It looks nice and natural on, and not too matte but it does absorb a good amount of oil. I love it.. Almay is my new HG

EDIT: Had to bring it back because the S-acid was burning my face. my skin is extra sensitive from Retin-a.. otherwise its a great fndtn

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2006 11:10:00 AM More reviews by axialmeow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff! I was using a powder foundation(Inner Light from Aveda) but I found I was going through it too fast and not getting the coverage I needed. Plus it is expensive. But this liquid is amazing(and pretty economical). My skin looks flawless. The color "Buff" works well for my pale skin. It's a perfect match. I don't know about blemish healing but it hasn't caused a break out yet. I had a coupon for Almay and I am glad I chose this. I don't think I would have tried it unless I had a coupon. Yes, they could improve on the glass bottle. A pump would be great. I think I've found my new favorite liquid foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2006 1:05:00 PM More reviews by ooohsparkles

I bought this b/c I'm still in search of a great fdtn. I have acne prone skin. .see a derm, and use this.. well my skin is often dry or flaky cos of the perscriptions but this seems to do well.. it doesnt make me oily. .and its nice and sort of dewy. the coverage is pretty good on a good face day.. and the packaging i use a spong and dont use a lot so i odnt have probs w/ spillage or anything. .i like this so far.. we'll see !

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2006 12:16:00 PM More reviews by steph22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this hoping for long lasting shine control, but instead it ended up making my oily skin oilier. YUCK!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2006 11:46:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

Just for reference, I'm reviewing this in the new packaging with the yellow Almay logo on the front of the bottle! This foundation blends well, and it actually stays on! I put it on at about 4:30 this afternoon and at ten it was still on! The coverage is medium to me. I currently have a breakout on my chin. This helped tone down the redness somewhat, but not as well as some of the full coverage foundations I've used. I think someone with frequent breakouts might want to either buy a separate concealer or look for something with a bit more coverage. But I still give it four stars just for staying on as long as it has! From my own experience, it's hard to find a drugstore foundation that doesn't melt off in two hours! And I agree, the packaging needs work! At least put a pump on it! Overall, a great long-lasting foundation for those who want medium coverage!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2006 9:05:00 PM More reviews by jjp007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my daytime makeup. It's covers my redness and breakouts pretty well but I do have to use Clinique concealer over the really red parts. It stays on very well and the color (Ivory) is very nice.......a bit dark for being the lightest shade but I use a self tanner on my pale pale neck to help match (I have to do this with most foundations as I am very pale). I wear a powder over it and this helps keep it from looking oily. It's not to drying either for a foundation for acne prone skin with salicylic acid in it.

I agree that the packaging is pretty bad. To stop the foundation leaking down the bottle and caking on the lid I don't shake it with the cap on. I use a sponge to apply this and I put the sponge over the top and then shake it up then replace the cap when I'm done and no mess! I'm not fond of a glass bottle either as it makes it difficult to travel with so I hope when they repackage this foundation they fix these mistakes.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2006 3:43:00 PM More reviews by taylorsmom1118

I tried this after reading some reviews here and hoping that I could find a foundation that had good coverage yet didn't make my face too oily. It is good at keeping away the oil, but I didn't think the coverage was that great. It didn't really hide any blemishes I had. It blended well if you were quick about it. I would find that as the day went on my cheeks would get a bit itchy. The packaging should definately be re-made into something more sanitary like a pump. Overall I like the concept of this foundation, but found the ingredients too drying and irritating for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2006 10:11:00 PM More reviews by comso_chick123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loveee this stuff! I actually got it on clearance at target for about $3! It's a wonderful foundation. It makes you look very natural, which is a quality I look for in foundations. As for the negative reviews, I do agree the packaging could be better, but it's not horrible. The normal price of $11 is a bit high but I'll still buy it at that price if I run out. If you want to see a picture of what it looks like.....

continued >>

11 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2006 4:46:00 PM More reviews by hedgepuppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great foundation! Full coverage, easily blendable, and a great neutral, suit-every-skin-tone shades. I don't know if it actually HEALS blemishes, but it certainly doesn't irritate reactive skin. My only gripe is the packaging, which is absolutely horrendous. I can't quite explain why, but I think the problem is the cap-- it has a reservoir divit in it that collect product when you shake the bottle. That's not really a problem for application because you invert the cap and sit it on the sink while you apply. But when you put the cap back ON, the product drips down and after several applications crusts all over the top of the bottle. I don't think I have EVER taken issue with packaging but this is so bad it really deserves a mention.