December 20, 2014 | 1117 users online

Treatments (Face) - Estee Lauder - Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex [REFORMULATED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been re-formulated under the new name: Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II. Please find reviews for this product here:

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2010 3:59:00 AM More reviews by rubie

My expectation was quite high given rave reviews on this product. Unfortunately, it did not work on my skin as it was too harsh. I felt a slight sensation at the first application--which is to me usually a sign of allergic reaction to cosmetic products--but gave another chance for the next day. After two applications, nasty bumps and zits began to develop around my nose, face-to-mouth lines, and the chin. Immediate discontinuation of the product helped my skin condition to get back to normal after 3-5 days. I do not recommend this product to those with sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2010 8:10:00 PM More reviews by OrdPsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love this product. And I don't usually like Estee Lauder skincare for my skin type.

Was reluctant to try it because I thought it would break me out more since I have acne-prone oily skin but it didn't at all!!

I got a sample size for this and it lasted for ages. It made my skin smooth, dewy without the oiliness and so refined. My pores were literally shrunk.Visible improvement.

The only downside is the price as it is around $70 I think.

I also wanted the ANR whitening one (for marks) but apparently it is highly prone to break you out since it contains silicon and do not want to risk spending so much to break out

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 9:46:00 PM More reviews by Lilmisssammy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this!!! My acne clears up and my skin looks flawless when I use this! I have acne prone skin, so I can honestly say that it is worth every penny. This is amazing!! I tried the eye treatment as well, but it was very strong-if I accidentally got it in my eyes, my eyes would BURN! So, I just use the serum on my eyes. It works great! You will love this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2010 5:52:00 PM More reviews by TheLeatherB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Wow, this product is amazing to me. I got a sample to try and I felt like it absolutely transformed my skin the first time I used it. It left my flaky skin feeling soft, my pores minimized and I had a healthy glow. The smell is a bit medicinal but I am not complaining because it works that well. Loved it so much I went to buy a full size and even though I was shocked at the price I will continue to repurchase. One of my HG products!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 1:13:00 AM More reviews by glanda

I love this product. I have used it for a week now, and I feel I have less oil on my face, and it doesn't make me break out. The price is a little bit high, but I'm going to repurchase it for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2010 5:00:00 AM More reviews by winnui

I purchased a 100ml bottle from Sydney duty free and now I am finishing the bottle soon. I am planing to buy it again. I like its texture, well-absorbed, non-greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by mlf987

I love this stuff I will never stop using within a month my face was so clear and smooth!!! I actually can leave the house without makeup if ur on the fence cause of the price DONT BE its awesome go get it u will be so glad u did i just wish I would have known about this product ten years ago!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2010 12:11:00 AM More reviews by skincarefan7

Great product, I use it before Origin's a perfect world moisturizer during winter and before Clinique's moisture surge during summer. No breakouts and keeps my skin moisturized.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Michellekins

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love this product. I am young (29) and have always had good skin (which I have taken care of!) But I have noticed an improvement since using this. My skin looks fresher and more radiant. Will be buying over and over again!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2010 11:35:00 AM More reviews by Tpot

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I used the earlier ANR (1990/1991) version when I was in my late 20s, and liked it, and I liked the (marketing) hype/idea that it was "insurance" to slow down aging for the future. However, I stopped after 2 bottles because I didn't see any difference to my skin and it was expensive for me to continue. I felt that maybe my skin was too young then for such a product. A few years back, when they came out with the Protective formula and Whitening formula, I did try both again but I just didn't like them. The Protective formula broke me out, which is rare for me, & the Whitening formula didn't do much.

However, recently, my skin has been really dry & tight even with my dermalogica routine, so i have been on the look out for something hydrating. An estee SA told me about the new Synchronised ANR and I decided to try it. I bought the 75 ml bottle which was a limited edition item here that comes out once a year, so I was lucky. I have been using this for almost 5 weeks and i must say I love it! I could see improvement in my skin within 1 week. My skin is somehow smoother, more "plump up" and less dry & tight, and my skin tone has improved. Even my pores look finer.

I didn't believe the improvement could be due solely to this, but I had a family crisis just 2 weeks back & I stopped using this for a week. My skin became dull, tight and dry again....but this could also have been due to lack of sleep. Anyway, I re-used it again as soon as I could, & my skin is once again smoother, plumper & more hydrated + my skin tone is again brighter. Marvelous serum! Works even better than dermalogica's Skin Hydrating Booster. Also, I like that its rich in anti-oxidants. I use it day & night under a moisturiser. As some MUAer has mentioned, this Synchronised version is runnier compared to the Protective one. It feels "lighter" and doesn't give me any problems at all. & it also somehow calms down any redness/rashes that I sometimes get. My only gripe is the plastic bottle. I love the old glass bottle. & of course, I wish it could be cheaper! However, I will continue to re-purchase as I like it so much for the results it gives.
EDIT 12/01/2011: I have since made a total switch to Paula's Choice products, & am using her matifying serum for oily skins. Since using PC, my skin condition has improved - I don't have an iffy skin now where it swings between oily or dry. Its just well hydrated. PC controls the oil without being too drying. Her serum works for me, but ANR did give me a brighter skin tone. However, PC's serum is so much lighter on my pocket :-)

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No