July 22, 2014 | 2427 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by deedot17

I don't normally post on here but this cleanser has done such wonders for my skin. I had for the most part nice skin up until my early 20s but from there things got progressively worse and worse. I am now 23 and up until a month ago my skin looked awful. I felt like I had tried everything (from Proactiv, to changing my diet, makeup, face wash, spot treatments, to even drinking vinegar) and nothing worked. I had lost all self confidence and all hope that anything would ever work from me. I had finally made an appointment to go talk to a doctor about Accutane but I saw the reviews on here and thought I would at least give it a try. WOW!! My skin has changed completely and I canceled my doctors appointment! I have hardly ANY acne now and I really cant believe it. I think that if I continue to use this on a regular basis eventually my face will be completely clear and I will seriously NEVER stop using this. My skin is also a lot less oily then it was before. I would recommend this to anyone who has tried other things and not had any luck. You have nothing to loose! Its not expensive and sold almost everywhere. There is a reason dermatologists recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by moshi24

When I first used this cleanser my face felt dry but now it doesn't. Overall, this is a great cleanser and I like it. It's just a simple cleanser that will get rid of makeup (when used with a wash cloth) dirt & oil. My face feels very soft and clean. I notice my skin looks more even toned and I no longer have random dry patches. I have the largest size pump bottle and bought it for $9.00. I used to spend so much money on facial cleanser and now that I think about it, facial cleansers only sit on your skin for 1-2 minutes....why spend all that money on expensive cleansers. This is a simple cleanser that you can find at any drugstore. This is soon becoming my HG cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2009 5:41:00 AM More reviews by xtina115

I've been using this product for the past month or so and I really have grown to love it. I'd say within this time period, 90% of my acne has cleared up except for a few pimples here and there. I never thought a "gentle" cleanser would help me get rid of my acne, but I guess that makes more sense than using harsher products and killing your skin as a result. I get a lot of compliments now for my skin which is funny because about 2 months ago, my mom kept telling me how bad my acne was. I'm not sure if this product helps with clearing CYSTIC ance (for that I'd say you'd still have to use like a spot treatment), but it does prevent you from getting little break outs which becomes Cystic acne. The only complaint I have about this product is that it has a strong scent, but you get used to it after a while. The cleanser itself doesn't foam and is more on the clear/runny side rather than milky cleanser side, but that's fine for me because my skin is oily and can do perfectly fine without a milky cleanser. Overall, I really like this product and hope that it will become HG worthy within the next couple of trial months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser..definitely my HG! I first discovered this at my first visit to the dermatologist (i was 13) and she prescirbed some meds for acne and said this would help with the dryness. While on the medication I used the gentle skin cleanser..which worked great for the dryness problem. I used it for years even after finishing the meds and felt I needed something with a little more oumph to it. So i switched to the normal to oily one. I love it gently foams a little bit..my skin feels so clean afterwards. I use it with my clarisonic brush and I love the combo! The price is great too!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

WOW this doesn't work for me. At 53, it has me breaking out like crazy and it has left my rosacea inflammed. And the creamy version doesn't really do any cleaning if you are wearing make-up or sunscreen. Maybe it works for young skin...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 8:43:00 PM More reviews by toothfairy15

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my holy grail...I try others, but I ALWAYS come back to this...Cleans without stripping, leaves my skin feeling soft. Love it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by unefleur

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I think is at the fault of my dermatologist, but this made me skin get so dry that it broke out even more.
Even using it only at night was too much for my skin.

Although I love the packaging, the way it dispenses similarly to a hand soap, that was very pleasant.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 1:52:00 AM More reviews by ngr24195

I love this cleanser! It leaves my skin super soft, clean and it also helped me control my oil production. I used to have acne problems, and one of the products that helped me clear my face was this cleanser. It's very gentle, so it's not irritating, plus it's great for removing make up too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 12:10:00 AM More reviews by MSUchick77

I have combination skin that gets greasy in the warmer months but I get dry patches in the colder months.

I've been using this product for about 3 years now and the largest size will last me about 6 months. If you keep an eye out for it, Walgreens will sometimes have it on sale buy one get one, or 50% off. Not too bad!

As far as cleaning, sometimes I have to use 2 pumps if I am wearing a lot of makeup or feel extra grimy, but it doesn't leave my skin dry or taut. It's gentle enough to be my year round cleanser and it does the job.

If my skin is feeling particularly dry, I will use the regular formula for normal skin.

For the money, it's a great buy!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/25/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by caramia6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This was recommended to me by my derm because it is very gentle and has a fairly neutral pH. Although it didn't break my sensitive skin out it didn't foam at all and did not remove any of my eye makeup. This product could only really work for me if I used a pre-cleanser first. I've tried Purpose since and like it much better!!