November 25, 2014 | 1817 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by lovenoemie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I originally gave this a ridiculously low rating and review, but I must apologize to my dear Cetaphil and give it the rave review it deserves. When I first began using this I hated everything about it. I thought the smell was awful (I still find it to be a little over the top, but tolerable now) and I hated how it did not give me those soapy bubbles I was so used to seeing when I washed my face with any other facial cleanser. I also experienced more breakouts than ever when using it the first go round, probably because my face NEVER felt clean after each use, but this was also before I discovered the holiness that is the Clarisonic.

I ran out of my Dermalogica and did not want to repurchase seeing as how it began to irritate my skin like mad (my skin has changed on me so many times I can't believe it). I had my Cetaphil stashed away and decided to give it another try, this time using the Clarisonic and OMG am I so absolutely thrilled that I did! I think it is a combination of the Clarisonic and also Cetaphil that helped get rid of my breakouts completely. Cetaphil really is just a light, non irritating, deep cleaning, and perfect solution to my daily routine and I love what it has done for my skin. I've also ended my long quest for a daily moisturizer that won't break me out after finding Cetaphil's daily moisturizer which is unscented and non irritating. Definite HG product that I will continue to use forever.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2009 3:59:00 AM More reviews by les33cochons

nothing more than heavily perfumed body wash. i don't have overly sensitive skin, but this stings and drys it out after only one use. it doesn't take off makeup. it doesn't cleanse my skin. it smells disgusting. it's probably the worst product i've ever put on my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2009 10:19:00 AM More reviews by anazc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Can't stand the smell and I found it very slippery and difficult to rinse off. Gave me flakes on my nose. Though it does take makeup off better than the gentle version, I think I'd much rather massage my face a little longer with the gentle one than use this

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by ganicity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got this on sale at rite aid for 8 bucks for the 16oz and it cost normallay 11 bucks so what a deal...it's a bit drying and i only use one pump but i use it sometimes 3 times a day since it's sooo hott and muggy here in nyc soo ima lessen my use to 2x and day ... it cleanses well and give me that stingy feeling but that's a good sign i think ? lol i gave it three lippies because i wish the pump can close by twisting it and not pushing it down and then turning it which wastes product and i can't do it simultaneously while pumping out the cleanser since it drips easliy .... but it's good stuff

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Chattnchick3

This is the best cleanser I have ever used HANDS DOWN! It really cleans my face and it takes off my makeup too, which is nice. It is gentle on my skin and it smells nice. If you dont like the smell it will fade soon after you wash it off. :) It helps control my acne and is not drying.Its not very expensive and is sold everywhere! Try it and fall in love!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 10:19:00 AM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didnt like this cleanser at all, it somewhat left my skin dry and ashy looking. I prefer oil of olay pore re-defining scrub or the oil of olay deep cleansing facial wash with witch hazel which never strips my skin of its oils and leaves my skin radiant.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 3:55:00 PM More reviews by deedot17

I don't normally post on here but this cleanser has done such wonders for my skin. I had for the most part nice skin up until my early 20s but from there things got progressively worse and worse. I am now 23 and up until a month ago my skin looked awful. I felt like I had tried everything (from Proactiv, to changing my diet, makeup, face wash, spot treatments, to even drinking vinegar) and nothing worked. I had lost all self confidence and all hope that anything would ever work from me. I had finally made an appointment to go talk to a doctor about Accutane but I saw the reviews on here and thought I would at least give it a try. WOW!! My skin has changed completely and I canceled my doctors appointment! I have hardly ANY acne now and I really cant believe it. I think that if I continue to use this on a regular basis eventually my face will be completely clear and I will seriously NEVER stop using this. My skin is also a lot less oily then it was before. I would recommend this to anyone who has tried other things and not had any luck. You have nothing to loose! Its not expensive and sold almost everywhere. There is a reason dermatologists recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by moshi24

When I first used this cleanser my face felt dry but now it doesn't. Overall, this is a great cleanser and I like it. It's just a simple cleanser that will get rid of makeup (when used with a wash cloth) dirt & oil. My face feels very soft and clean. I notice my skin looks more even toned and I no longer have random dry patches. I have the largest size pump bottle and bought it for $9.00. I used to spend so much money on facial cleanser and now that I think about it, facial cleansers only sit on your skin for 1-2 minutes....why spend all that money on expensive cleansers. This is a simple cleanser that you can find at any drugstore. This is soon becoming my HG cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2009 5:41:00 AM More reviews by xtina115

I've been using this product for the past month or so and I really have grown to love it. I'd say within this time period, 90% of my acne has cleared up except for a few pimples here and there. I never thought a "gentle" cleanser would help me get rid of my acne, but I guess that makes more sense than using harsher products and killing your skin as a result. I get a lot of compliments now for my skin which is funny because about 2 months ago, my mom kept telling me how bad my acne was. I'm not sure if this product helps with clearing CYSTIC ance (for that I'd say you'd still have to use like a spot treatment), but it does prevent you from getting little break outs which becomes Cystic acne. The only complaint I have about this product is that it has a strong scent, but you get used to it after a while. The cleanser itself doesn't foam and is more on the clear/runny side rather than milky cleanser side, but that's fine for me because my skin is oily and can do perfectly fine without a milky cleanser. Overall, I really like this product and hope that it will become HG worthy within the next couple of trial months.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by x0kerbear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this cleanser..definitely my HG! I first discovered this at my first visit to the dermatologist (i was 13) and she prescirbed some meds for acne and said this would help with the dryness. While on the medication I used the gentle skin cleanser..which worked great for the dryness problem. I used it for years even after finishing the meds and felt I needed something with a little more oumph to it. So i switched to the normal to oily one. I love it gently foams a little bit..my skin feels so clean afterwards. I use it with my clarisonic brush and I love the combo! The price is great too!