Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 10/7/2009 12:14:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

The worst cleanser I've ever used. This left my face fine after washed it, I didn't find it that it left my skin tight or dry but it didn't feel particularly clean. Maybe 45 minutes after I had washed it, my face was like an oil well. I could literally wipe oil off my face it was the most disgusting feeling in the world and that happened every time I used this product.

I'm not even that oily to begin with so for a "Face Wash" to make me that oily is ridiculous.Thank god I got samples of this and didn't waste my money. Even Neutrogena's oil free face wash that left my skin tight and dry is preferable to feeling like an oil slick. Combination skin be wary of this product.

P.S. I wish I could give this a 0 honestly its not even worth a rating of one.

on 10/3/2009 2:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

this product is working well for me it does it's job but recently since winter is coming my skin becomes kind of dry and after i wash my face with this it feels so tight and stiff if this keeps happening i'm going to stop using it
overall i'll buy it again in the summer time

edit: Paula Begoun changed her review for cetaphil gentle skin cleanser and i wanted to know if anyone knows if she changed her review for this product too.if you are a subscriber in beautypedia then please tell me through a message!

on 9/19/2009 9:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My Cetaphil cleanser is awesome! I have mild acne and I wanted something gentle so it wouldn't irritate my skin but also something that would work with my oily skin. Ta-dah! I found it! It comes in a great package with a huge amount that'll probably last me a long time but it did suck to pay almost 15 bucks for one bottle. The smell reminds me of baby cream for some reason but it goes away once you wash it off. It helps get rid of my oiliness and all the dirt on my face in the morning and the night. It can be drying but nothing a little cream can't fix. I also like to team this up with my tea tree oil and so far my acne is on it's way to healing!

on 9/16/2009 3:14:00 AM

I use this cleanser morning and night. I have combination skin and I rarely get pimples but I do get a lot of blackheads on my nose and chin. I still don't get any pimples from using this but my blackheads are still there. Still it's a great cleanser its really gentle takes off all my makeup and leaves my skin really soft not tight or dry. So many people and dermatologists recommend it and I can see why. The packaging is great the pump makes it really convenient and it lasts forever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product didn't work well. It didn't prevent break outs or help breakout when i had them. On top of that, it smells terrible ): I was really hoping it would work well, but nope. Onto the next cleanser!

I have tried so many cleansers, and this one I never tire of. It doesn't give that squeaky clean dry feeling afterwards, but I still feel cleansed and refreshed. It really does a great job of keeping my skin from breaking out, and my skin stopped getting blochy red from using this and the lotion.

on 9/6/2009 11:17:00 AM

This cleanser made the texture of my skin look awful and made some larger swollen pimples appear.

At first it was nice. It does not make your skin feel too dry on the surface but does get rid of oil. I was willing to ignore the slight burning sensation, if it would improve my skin.

For the first couple of days it was great. Then after about 5 days my skin started flaking in certain areas and I had a look of dry rough skin on the surface. Then I started to get a few swollen pimples, much more than usual. I have had to exfoliate more often than usual, as there was such a "mask" of dry skin. My skin was looking so rough, especially when I put makeup on. YUCK!

My skin is acne prone and very sensitive. It does better with more balanced cleansing, skin peels and a spot treatment. This product made my skin too dry. I think that the dry skin started to clog my pores.

I usually use Oil of Olay, sensitive skin cleanser, which I like. Based on the ratings here, I am trying Boots #7, gentle cleanser. One day in and I really like it. I will post my review after I have used it for a while.

on 8/31/2009 9:56:00 AM

This is definitely a staple in my bathroom cabinet. I actually use the Cetaphil cleanser for oily skin in the summer and the gentle cleanser in the winter. I love them both!
I am always sorry if I need to use a different face soap for a while until I get a new bottle of this. I usually break out when I experiment with any other cleansers. Cetaphil is the best out there and it has the best price. A huge bottle costs me around $12 but it lasts me for months! It's a gentle non-irritant non-drying face soap that I recommend to everybody.
great deal, excellent productl

on 8/28/2009 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been using Cetaphil off & on with other cleansers for 8 years now. My skin has done a lot of changing over this time-- it's gone from combination to oily & acne prone to dry & sensitive to almost normal now, but I still struggle with eczema from time to time. I've tried other brands of drugstore cleansers but I always come back to Cetaphil. It doesn't dry out your skin, doesn't strip your pores, & doesn't leave your face with that "tight" feeling after washing it (& no tingling...that often doesn't mean something is "working", it means you're allergic). It doesn't take makeup off well, so I'd recommend using a makeup wipe prior to using it to get the full effect. Oily or acne prone skin might need something a bit stronger, but if you have normal, combination, or sensitive skin Cetaphil is great. I've gotten several of my friends who had skin problems (acne, sensitive skin, etc.) to throw out anything with harsh chemicals in it & start using Cetaphil, & they're now hooked too! Three years ago I had a friend with severely inflamed & acne prone skin who was using harsh drugstore products. I had her switch to Cetaphil cleanser & lotion, & a few weeks later her skin was clearer & her scars were healing. She doesn't need makeup anymore & her skin is always calm.

on 8/21/2009 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm not sure what's the hype with this product. I've been using it for a few weeks and it's just very.. ok. It doesn't really foam or lather, but it cleans. I really really don't like the smell, very heavily scented and really weird. it's very cheap and the pump is very convenient, but for me, this is just a very average cleanser. I ran out of my nromal morning cleanser and wanted to try something new, so I got this. I use Philosophy Purity at night, and that cleanser really freshens my face and makes me feel very clean. I wouldn't buy this again, but the bottle will last me a very long time. I don't think I would really reccommend this to anyone either.. I think there are better ds facewashes out there.