December 20, 2014 | 1680 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure what's the hype with this product. I've been using it for a few weeks and it's just very.. ok. It doesn't really foam or lather, but it cleans. I really really don't like the smell, very heavily scented and really weird. it's very cheap and the pump is very convenient, but for me, this is just a very average cleanser. I ran out of my nromal morning cleanser and wanted to try something new, so I got this. I use Philosophy Purity at night, and that cleanser really freshens my face and makes me feel very clean. I wouldn't buy this again, but the bottle will last me a very long time. I don't think I would really reccommend this to anyone either.. I think there are better ds facewashes out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 9:59:00 AM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This may sound weird, but I don't like the way this product feels on my face. I can't explain it any other way so you'll just have to try yourself to see if you agree. (It's cheap enough to try, so why not?) I do think it's gentle and i like that there aren't many ingredients listed but I can't help but NOT like this products as much as I hoped I would. I probably would purchase it again since it is so cheap and easy to find but only until I find a cleanser I adore.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by NastyaKukla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this as a precleanse. Thats probably my best tip for using this product if you have oily or acne prone skin its a really good pre- cleanse before your cleanser to get the maximum benefits. It does not dry out and it gel like which is cooling and nice. The smell is below avarage and slightly medicinal however the pricing is good and it always gets used up for something.

A friend of mine uses in on her back/ chest to get rid of random pimples and says it works wonders. Since the bottle is so huge i guess it makes sense to keep one in the shower.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by kk161716

I used this on my face for 2 weeks, hoping that it would clear my skin up. On the 1st week, my skin looked a little clearer, but with more dryness. On the 2nd week, I brokeout on my cheeks a lot, which normally I don't. This stuff built up in my pores! THIS MADE MY SKIN WORSE!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2009 5:36:00 AM More reviews by lostsundaygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently went back to using this product after trying out many other cleansers. If you have sensitive skin then this is the best. It definitely won't take off all your makeup (better as a general cleanser, not makeup remover) so I use this with Ponds' facial towelettes which works fine with me since I usually have to take off waterproof makeup anyway. I really like that it will not make me break out and it does cleanse my skin effectively so that I can execute the rest of my skincare regime like using toner, acne medicine, and moisturizing without feeling like my face is going to break out. The smell is not overwhelming, it just smells like a light soapy smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by lovenoemie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I originally gave this a ridiculously low rating and review, but I must apologize to my dear Cetaphil and give it the rave review it deserves. When I first began using this I hated everything about it. I thought the smell was awful (I still find it to be a little over the top, but tolerable now) and I hated how it did not give me those soapy bubbles I was so used to seeing when I washed my face with any other facial cleanser. I also experienced more breakouts than ever when using it the first go round, probably because my face NEVER felt clean after each use, but this was also before I discovered the holiness that is the Clarisonic.

I ran out of my Dermalogica and did not want to repurchase seeing as how it began to irritate my skin like mad (my skin has changed on me so many times I can't believe it). I had my Cetaphil stashed away and decided to give it another try, this time using the Clarisonic and OMG am I so absolutely thrilled that I did! I think it is a combination of the Clarisonic and also Cetaphil that helped get rid of my breakouts completely. Cetaphil really is just a light, non irritating, deep cleaning, and perfect solution to my daily routine and I love what it has done for my skin. I've also ended my long quest for a daily moisturizer that won't break me out after finding Cetaphil's daily moisturizer which is unscented and non irritating. Definite HG product that I will continue to use forever.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2009 3:59:00 AM More reviews by les33cochons

nothing more than heavily perfumed body wash. i don't have overly sensitive skin, but this stings and drys it out after only one use. it doesn't take off makeup. it doesn't cleanse my skin. it smells disgusting. it's probably the worst product i've ever put on my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/5/2009 10:19:00 AM More reviews by anazc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Can't stand the smell and I found it very slippery and difficult to rinse off. Gave me flakes on my nose. Though it does take makeup off better than the gentle version, I think I'd much rather massage my face a little longer with the gentle one than use this

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by ganicity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got this on sale at rite aid for 8 bucks for the 16oz and it cost normallay 11 bucks so what a deal...it's a bit drying and i only use one pump but i use it sometimes 3 times a day since it's sooo hott and muggy here in nyc soo ima lessen my use to 2x and day ... it cleanses well and give me that stingy feeling but that's a good sign i think ? lol i gave it three lippies because i wish the pump can close by twisting it and not pushing it down and then turning it which wastes product and i can't do it simultaneously while pumping out the cleanser since it drips easliy .... but it's good stuff

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2009 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Chattnchick3

This is the best cleanser I have ever used HANDS DOWN! It really cleans my face and it takes off my makeup too, which is nice. It is gentle on my skin and it smells nice. If you dont like the smell it will fade soon after you wash it off. :) It helps control my acne and is not drying.Its not very expensive and is sold everywhere! Try it and fall in love!