February 1, 2015 | 1629 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2009 3:48:00 AM More reviews by ThumbelinaBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product didn't work well. It didn't prevent break outs or help breakout when i had them. On top of that, it smells terrible ): I was really hoping it would work well, but nope. Onto the next cleanser!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2009 11:12:00 PM More reviews by rachelleanita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried so many cleansers, and this one I never tire of. It doesn't give that squeaky clean dry feeling afterwards, but I still feel cleansed and refreshed. It really does a great job of keeping my skin from breaking out, and my skin stopped getting blochy red from using this and the lotion.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2009 11:17:00 AM More reviews by spyglassweb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This cleanser made the texture of my skin look awful and made some larger swollen pimples appear.

At first it was nice. It does not make your skin feel too dry on the surface but does get rid of oil. I was willing to ignore the slight burning sensation, if it would improve my skin.

For the first couple of days it was great. Then after about 5 days my skin started flaking in certain areas and I had a look of dry rough skin on the surface. Then I started to get a few swollen pimples, much more than usual. I have had to exfoliate more often than usual, as there was such a "mask" of dry skin. My skin was looking so rough, especially when I put makeup on. YUCK!

My skin is acne prone and very sensitive. It does better with more balanced cleansing, skin peels and a spot treatment. This product made my skin too dry. I think that the dry skin started to clog my pores.

I usually use Oil of Olay, sensitive skin cleanser, which I like. Based on the ratings here, I am trying Boots #7, gentle cleanser. One day in and I really like it. I will post my review after I have used it for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2009 9:56:00 AM More reviews by darcho

This is definitely a staple in my bathroom cabinet. I actually use the Cetaphil cleanser for oily skin in the summer and the gentle cleanser in the winter. I love them both!
I am always sorry if I need to use a different face soap for a while until I get a new bottle of this. I usually break out when I experiment with any other cleansers. Cetaphil is the best out there and it has the best price. A huge bottle costs me around $12 but it lasts me for months! It's a gentle non-irritant non-drying face soap that I recommend to everybody.
great deal, excellent productl

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2009 1:32:00 PM More reviews by missayesha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using Cetaphil off & on with other cleansers for 8 years now. My skin has done a lot of changing over this time-- it's gone from combination to oily & acne prone to dry & sensitive to almost normal now, but I still struggle with eczema from time to time. I've tried other brands of drugstore cleansers but I always come back to Cetaphil. It doesn't dry out your skin, doesn't strip your pores, & doesn't leave your face with that "tight" feeling after washing it (& no tingling...that often doesn't mean something is "working", it means you're allergic). It doesn't take makeup off well, so I'd recommend using a makeup wipe prior to using it to get the full effect. Oily or acne prone skin might need something a bit stronger, but if you have normal, combination, or sensitive skin Cetaphil is great. I've gotten several of my friends who had skin problems (acne, sensitive skin, etc.) to throw out anything with harsh chemicals in it & start using Cetaphil, & they're now hooked too! Three years ago I had a friend with severely inflamed & acne prone skin who was using harsh drugstore products. I had her switch to Cetaphil cleanser & lotion, & a few weeks later her skin was clearer & her scars were healing. She doesn't need makeup anymore & her skin is always calm.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2009 2:34:00 PM More reviews by bebe7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure what's the hype with this product. I've been using it for a few weeks and it's just very.. ok. It doesn't really foam or lather, but it cleans. I really really don't like the smell, very heavily scented and really weird. it's very cheap and the pump is very convenient, but for me, this is just a very average cleanser. I ran out of my nromal morning cleanser and wanted to try something new, so I got this. I use Philosophy Purity at night, and that cleanser really freshens my face and makes me feel very clean. I wouldn't buy this again, but the bottle will last me a very long time. I don't think I would really reccommend this to anyone either.. I think there are better ds facewashes out there.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 9:59:00 AM More reviews by mrsbigsky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This may sound weird, but I don't like the way this product feels on my face. I can't explain it any other way so you'll just have to try yourself to see if you agree. (It's cheap enough to try, so why not?) I do think it's gentle and i like that there aren't many ingredients listed but I can't help but NOT like this products as much as I hoped I would. I probably would purchase it again since it is so cheap and easy to find but only until I find a cleanser I adore.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2009 9:22:00 PM More reviews by NastyaKukla

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this as a precleanse. Thats probably my best tip for using this product if you have oily or acne prone skin its a really good pre- cleanse before your cleanser to get the maximum benefits. It does not dry out and it gel like which is cooling and nice. The smell is below avarage and slightly medicinal however the pricing is good and it always gets used up for something.

A friend of mine uses in on her back/ chest to get rid of random pimples and says it works wonders. Since the bottle is so huge i guess it makes sense to keep one in the shower.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2009 5:05:00 PM More reviews by kk161716

I used this on my face for 2 weeks, hoping that it would clear my skin up. On the 1st week, my skin looked a little clearer, but with more dryness. On the 2nd week, I brokeout on my cheeks a lot, which normally I don't. This stuff built up in my pores! THIS MADE MY SKIN WORSE!!!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2009 5:36:00 AM More reviews by lostsundaygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently went back to using this product after trying out many other cleansers. If you have sensitive skin then this is the best. It definitely won't take off all your makeup (better as a general cleanser, not makeup remover) so I use this with Ponds' facial towelettes which works fine with me since I usually have to take off waterproof makeup anyway. I really like that it will not make me break out and it does cleanse my skin effectively so that I can execute the rest of my skincare regime like using toner, acne medicine, and moisturizing without feeling like my face is going to break out. The smell is not overwhelming, it just smells like a light soapy smell.