Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser (Normal to Oily Skin)

3.5

Water, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Acrylates/Steareth-20 Methacrylate Copolymer(thickening agent), Glycerin, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Butylene Glycol(preservative, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Phenoxyethanol, Masking Fragrance, Panthenol, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben.

on 11/2/2009 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I bought this because my other face wash contained salicylic acid and it was drying out my skin. This does not dry out my skin at all and it works good. I never tried buying a cleanser without the ingredients that help clear acne but this worked just as good for me. It doesn't remove my make up well so I have to remove it beforehand. This is a really basic cleanser so if you're stuck on which cleanser to buy this is a good choice.. you can't really go wrong with this unless it breaks you out. The next cleanser I'm going to try is Spectro Jel since I heard it's similar to this but better. If I dislike it I'll be repurchasing this.

on 11/2/2009 1:07:00 PM

I'm torn with this product. I does the job - cleaning my skin. But the smell! OMG - it's horrible. Very chemically. I almost wanted to returned it after the first use. I can't tell if my face still smells of it after I've washed, or maybe I've gotten used to it and then can't smell it any more after a few minutes.

It's a clear liquid that doesn't foam up - so that took some getting used to. And it doesn't have any anti-acne ingredients (I don't think).

Not a bad product - like I said, it does the job of getting my face clean, but my skin does feel dry soon afterward. I'll be going back to my Neutrogena Acne Face Wash when I'm done with this bottle.

on 11/1/2009 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i like this product, i used lots of cleansers before and this is top2 i believe. It is really gentle and didnt irritated my acne at all.

update:
i have been using it for like 4 months and i love it. it works great on my acne prone skin.
i tried tha even more famous one for normal to dry skin, and that is totally different from this one, that one is like oil on your face, i hate that one.

on 10/30/2009 3:54:00 PM

Love, love, love this product!! A friend recommended that I use it b/c I was having some "skin issues" and I really didn't want to spend a fortune on a bunch of different products trying to find that "right one" to help solve the problem. I was a bit skeptical at first b/c it doesn't look like much when you pump it into your hand (it's clear and not very thick and doesn't foam at all). In this case though, less is more and I was pleasantly suprised at how easy it is to use. It goes on easy and washes off with very little effort. It doesn't leave any residue behind and it just gives my skin an overall clean feel. It's changed the texture of my skin and has seemed to prevent breakouts so far with regular use. The price isn't bad either for the amount that you get and it doesn't take much of the product to get the job done! I'll definetly be sticking with this cleanser for a long time!

on 10/30/2009 7:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I needed a gentle cleanser for winter, when my skin can show dry patches. This cleans it wonderfully, and leaves my skin soft. I use other products on the acne now, and leave this for removal of all the oils without drying out my skin. I should have started using this when I was fourteen, like my doctor told me to do.

on 10/28/2009 11:57:00 PM

I used to only use Clinique foaming face wash because I found that it removed my foundation really well, but after debating the high price tag I decided to give Cetaphil a try. I really like using this cleanser because it doesn't get foamy, is easy to work with and melts my make up off. I find it works best when I only wet my hands before I put the product on my skin. Wetting your face too causes the product to slide right off your face before you've even had a chance to rub it in.

on 10/28/2009 11:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This did NOTHING for me. Just was like slathering a gel all over my face and washing it off. Didn't have a negative effect or positive. I'm rating it as a 1 because it had the same effect as if I were to wash my face with just water. DIdn't do what it was supposed to.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great basic cleanser if you don't wear heavy makeup or sunscreen daily. lt doesn't dry out my skin or leave a film, doesn't contain a heavy fragrance, and has a convenient pump dispenser. This cleanser is great for prepping my skin for the barrage of anti-acne products that I use day and night (Differin, clindamycin solution, benzoyl peroxide). The bottle is rather difficult to travel with because it tends to leak, but that's nothing a plastic travel bottle can't fix. I'm trying out Neutrogena's redness soothing line because I want something with salicyclic acid in it, but if that doesn't work out, I am definitely returning to this old stand-by.

on 10/22/2009 9:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I spent the whole of my adolescence and early 20s searching for the perfect skin cleanser. I would bounce back and forth between brands; Neutrogena, Clinique, Biore, etc. but never found one to stick to. Then I tried Cetaphil and I haven't looked back since. It isn't too harsh, doesn't irritate my skin, removes my makeup, it's just perfect. I've been using this for about 2 years now and I doubt I'll ever switch.

I've found it's also great for cleaning makeup brushes.

on 10/22/2009 7:28:00 AM

This cleanser is such an unexpected wonder for me! lol LOVE IT. Honestly I haven't been a fan of drugstore cleansers ever after trying many in my teens that did nothing but dry out my skin and still do for many due to all the sulfates and harsh ingredients in them that counteract all their claims of healing and clearing. Anyhow Im always cleanser obessed even though my HG wil and always be Philosophy Purity for it's amazingness. Yet ofcourse Im an addict and can't resist trying new things thinkin I might run across something even better lol. I never planned on trying this but finally gave in after the billion glowing reviews. I have normal healthy skin that is clear but pain in the ass clog prone so always have to use a very deep cleaning cleanser (sulfate free) that yet never dries me out. I have to say the smell of this cleanser is definitely a little distrubing to say the least lol which is why i first just thought I'ld try it as an eye makeup remover randomly and still in shock at how easily it melted off my waterproof everything lol. It has good ingredients and don't think it will dry out my eyes and just can't believe it works better at removing my makeup thatn my current favorite Mac Cleanse Off Oil or Dior Cleansing Gelee considering it's about 5 times less the cost and drugstore cleanser. I have always wanted to find a daily cleanser that I can double up as a heavy eye makeup remover (that keeps my eyes super soft) but no cleanser I have ever used, sadly not even the Philosophy, has ever been able to completely wash off every last drop of makeup in one wash after only seconds of rubbing (an I'm not jk when I say I have sickly tried every cleanser about on the market haha). As a daily cleanser for your face in general this left my face feeling clean and nice but ofcourse I'm just not sold on it as a cleanser yet since the ingredients and smell don't compare to how pleasant and enjoyable Philosphy is. Also I have to put this to the test to see how clear it keeps my skin and if it doesn't dry your skin our over time which I feel like it might. As of now however this is my new hg makeup remover when I run out of my Mac Cleansing Oil as the Cetaphil will last 50 times longer at such a cheaper price. Definitely worth trying! :)