Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

Active Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide (3.5%) (Acne Treatment) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Kaolin, Bentonite, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Titanium Dioxide, Trideceth 9, PEG 5 Ethylhexanoate, Menthol, Sodium Citrate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Fragrance 5/29/09

on 8/21/2004 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I only use this product as a mask because I usually prefer a cleanser that lathers well. It really "wow" me the first time as it made my pimples heal over night. However, the effectiveness seems to reduce over time. It is a bit drying sometimes so I only use it once a while now. It is a good ance mask though for tis price.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I finally found an over the counter acne product that actually works for me! It's so funny...when I use this as a mask, it always reminds me of the movie Dead Presidents. If you've seen it, you know exactly what I mean. Anyway, great product.

on 8/11/2004 1:38:00 AM

OK, I have a very mixed review on this product because it DID work for me. I had very acne prone skin when I was a junior in high school. After using this, I really cleared up. However, I continued to buy this product and it no longer worked for me. Infact, it made my acne worse and now I have a ton of scars. I have no idea what happened to my skin or the product, but I do not use this cleanser any longer. I don't recommend it at all.

on 8/10/2004 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I really like the multi-tasking idea behind this product and it works quite well as both. Has an interesting scent (creamy? citrusy? minty?) and I love the tingling feeling you get when you use it. Leaves my face feeling well cleaned, without drying it out. Doesn't really do anything miraculous for my complexion, but is a good staple product.

on 8/10/2004 3:13:00 PM

I really like the US version of this, the BP in it really seems to help with any little zits that may occur.

The UK version is not worth buying! It has no BP in it. Please don't buy it thinking that it is the same as the US product.

on 8/9/2004 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using this for 2 years...after years of clinique, chanel and other expensive cleansers for my acne-prone, combo skin, I have finally found my HG!!! I got 5 people addicted to it and I love it lots. The benzyl peroxide bleaches my towels, but it's sooooo worth it! It's cool to the touch, has a fantastic non-irritating/annoying scent and helped my breakouts twenty fold. (don't ask how i calculated that)

on 8/7/2004 7:18:00 PM

had a chest acne problem from sweating when i work out and thought this stuff would help (esp. since it's supposed to eliminate breakout-causing bacteria). i have very sensitive skin, but since i'd be using it only on my chest i didn't think i'd have much of a reaction. wrong! i broke out in a really itchy rash! this product is probably good for some people who aren't as sensitive as me, but if you are sensitive, it's a little risky to buy this stuff.

on 8/7/2004 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this stuff. It does an ok job of keeping breakouts away but the best part of it is how clean it makes my skin feel. It tingles and feels really cool and it keeps you feeling super clean for hours. One of the best drugstore skin treatments available!

on 7/26/2004 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVED IT!!!!!
oooor still love it ^^&
i used it for a week now, and all the big bumps are gone!!!!
i only have white heads left, the color is my skin, but only small bumps...
after my skin clears more, i am going to use it only once two days or something and use cleanser w/o the benzolyc(?) proaxide or however u spell that!!!

on 7/21/2004 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I tried this as a mask to help clear up an annoying acne flare up on my cheek. The clay base & low level of BP appealed to me but I was wary of the menthol. Luckily, it worked without irritating my sensitive skin and I will keep this on hand for intensive spot treatments.