April 19, 2014 | 1579 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Clear Pore Cleanser Mask

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2004 5:44:00 PM More reviews by dontblink15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just tried the sample and all it did was sting and make my face beet red and burning. DON'T USE IT IF YOU HAVE SENSITIVE SKIN!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2004 1:03:00 AM More reviews by soccrgurl6

a bit drying but definitely gets rid of pimples - not overnight but with continued use. i use as a mask, and like it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2004 11:04:00 AM More reviews by candy15151

I had to give this a 4 because the fragrance is overpowering and too harsh for everyday use (I'm on Retin-A). However, I found that it's kept my blackheads to the minimal and I like the cooling sensation. I found that my combo sensitive skin works great with clay (kaolin) products to deep clean gently, and this product actually didn't overdry my skin (surprise, surprise). Definitely will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2004 9:06:00 PM More reviews by hollerrr

jus bought it... idno will update cuz i jus used it once...did reduce swellig on pimples on forehead and reduce redness...nice tingly cool feeling...i love menthol

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2004 10:23:00 AM More reviews by littlekat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It smells so great (although its an interesting smell that no everyone loves as much as i do!) My favorite thing to do is use it as a spot treatment overnight...clears up those problem area's like magic! Just be careful not to get it on any bright colored clothing, because it will bleach it! Other than that, I highly recommend this stuff :)

rated 2 of 5 on 4/16/2004 3:26:00 PM More reviews by eeeee

This is a nice smelling cleanser/mask with a really nice consistency that was easily washed off but :( ... I got a few bumps on some parts of my face as a result of this which I only used as a cleanser.. that said, I'm not giving it a bad review b/c I think the bumps were a result of using this w another BP product which I think caused irritation. If I weren't using the other product (which I'm not ready to let go of just yet) I think this would have worked really nicely for me.
UPDATE: I realized that the BP wasn't the problem.. it's this specific product b/c I use another BP mask product as a spot treatment every night after I tried this one w/ no problems.. I won't be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2004 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Angel_Ling

Thank you MUA for recommending this. I was dubious about a cleanser that also acted like a masque, so I just walked right on by. But when an over-rich moisturizer caused my once-always-clear forehead to burst with a zillion tiny zits, I was desperate. For months, I slathered on Neutrogena On-The-Spot treatment (2.5% BP), OoO Daily Renewal Beta Hydroxy Cream (with BHAs), tried washing with Dove soap...and still had a million tiny zits on my forehead, and a couple ever-present huge pimples on my chin and jawline. Oh the agony!

Cut to me buying this product. Oh sweet Neutrogena, how could I have doubted you? Within one night, after using it as a cleanser before I went to bed, I woke up and saw a noticeable difference in my forehead a chin - the zits were still there, but there was less of them, and they were smaller. I continued using this as a nighttime cleanser for a week, but nothing else really noticeable happened to my skin - the smaller, less numerous zits were still there. Not good enough for me! So I decided to use this twice a day as a cleanser, even though it may be too harsh (since it has 3.5 BP). Lo and behold, after 2 days of using it twice a day, my zits are completely gone. Completely. My forehead is totally smooth, and I don't have one single pimple on my chin or jaw. Every morning, when I apply concealor, I search my face for places to pat it on, but I can't find any, since I don't have any more pimples. So amazing. It didn't turn my sensitive, pale and pink-cheeked face red or itchy. I also don't use any other nightime acne cream, so I know that I have only this cleanser to thank - and I haven't even used it as a masque yet!

I recommend leaving it on as a cleanser for a minute or two every time you use it, and use a moisturizer before you go to bed, because this can be slightly drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2004 10:24:00 PM More reviews by milliniumgirl02

WARNING!!!!!! DO NOT LEAVE ON OVERNIGHT!!!!!
I left it on on woke up the next mornj=ing with Tan Lines! No kidding. You could see where I had the mask on. I went around all day saying I had an accident with a tanning bed. Otherwise, stick to the instructions and it's pretty good.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2004 4:12:00 AM More reviews by oreocookie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bleh...made me break out. But I think *all* masks make me break out. On the plus side, this stuff feels nice and cool and tingly while it's on, so you feel like it's working.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2004 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Dolphin9987

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is AWESOME!! I had mod-severe acne, and after accutane I still wanted to keep up with some BP. So I discovered this stuff. ITS SUPER as a cleanser. Makes my face feel god, and doesn't overdry. Even as a mask it absorbs any excess oil and blackheads!