October 22, 2014 | 1289 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 2:47:00 PM More reviews by whimzer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! My skin feels so soft, smooth, and moisturized after I use it. I definitely notice my skin's natural glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by mizplacedcitygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this since I was a kid...but only just started using it as a face wash. I use an oil cleanser in the morning to rid myself of excess oil and take off the oil of olay beauty fluid and pond's cream i use. (i don't wear foundation so I don't really need it at night) This is the perfect afterwash for the oil cleanser. It rinses nicely and cleans without stinging. It doesn't dry my skin out too much which is nice too! It really is a classic bar. The only problem is that it's IMPOSSIBLE to travel with!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

I've started using more serious skincare in the last few months (turning 30 in July, and trying some preventative measures), and decided that I should use a very basic and gentle cleanser under all those creams, lotions, serums, etc. This does the trick. I always remove makeup at night with an oil cleanser, then follow with this. In the morning, I use it, and then my moisturizer/SPF, and have no trouble with dryness. I adore the smell and how it lingers (clean and fresh), though there is a sensitive verison for those who can't tolerate fragrance. My only gripe is that it's a bar...What a hassle to keep at the sink (messy, etc), but that wouldn't stop me from buying this again and again. I also love that it can work double-duty as a body wash, as well. Perfection.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2008 10:36:00 PM More reviews by bruinsbaby119

Who doesn't love the beauty bar? Even my dad's obsessed with it so it's always in the house. I lovelove how it doesn't STRIP moisture from the skin like a lot of soap bars do...if anything it adds moisture back and I can't get enough of that cause my skin is alligator-esque. I've read some good reviews when it comes to washing your face with this stuff....I might give it a shot since I'm on a 3-step acne routine (very similiar to ProActiv) and I think my skin's just getting immune to that crap...I'm scared that my skin will freaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakk out though since it's gotten hooked to all those chemicals BUT ANYWAY, back to the beauty bar---it's love. I'll update if and when I use it on my (annoyingly problematic) skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2008 12:33:00 PM More reviews by eiviz

I always wash my face with this soap. It helps to moisture my face better than any other that kind of soap.
The bad side is that tends to run off quite quickly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 3:52:00 PM More reviews by CharismaSL

I've been using this for the last two weeks and I've noticed significant changes in my skin. My doctor recommended I go back to the basics after having a break-out phase recently. Nothing was helping and she said that all I should use is Dove to wash my face with. At first, I was shocked to hear that as I never thought I'd be using a soap to wash my face but I figured "my skin is already in bad condition and using it won't make it any worse...so why not?" This is my regime now...at night (due to makeup) I use the Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser first (to remove makeup), then I use Dove. In the morning, I only use Dove to wash my face. I would suggest anyone with problematic skin to use this. My skin had also become extremely sensitive (to a point where it was hurting when touched) and dry due to Differin that I was using (now stopped due to the negative reaction) and Dove has helped calm my skin and bring it back to normal again. Will repurchase as it's affordable, cleanses thoroughly yet moisturizing, and smells wonderful!! Total HG cleanser as I just confirmed from Unilever that they do NOT test on animals!! Yay!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

I always liked this soap and used it as a child-teenager. My mother-in-law uses it and I enjoy using it again at her place. I'd buy it for myself, but my family prefers Pears, which I love, too. Dove is a bit less drying than Pears, and I don't think twice about using Dove on my face from time to time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by besidetheocean

I don't think I've used any beauty product more consistently than Dove soap, and I won't ever be without it. I have very sensitive skin that dries out easily and Dove always cleans well without stripping the skin. Not to mention the wonderful smell!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2008 10:54:00 AM More reviews by LivBrown

Dove Beauty Bar is one of those products that has been around forever and is always a dependable staple. Every girl must have grown up using it at one time or another. I love the fact that it can be used on the face or the body and has a wonderfully clean, creamy, comforting scent and feel. It lathers very well - into a rich, thick foam - and rinses off leaving my skin moisturized. In the past, the bar used to melt very quickly; it disintegrated and became very mushy. But I feel that lately it must have improved, because the bar holds its shape much better and doesn't fall away as quickly. The bar also seems to last longer. I will always have Dove in my bathroom. It isn't my main face or body cleanser, but I like having it in my bathroom because it's just so pleasant to use sometimes and is so reliable when I want a break from my other cleansing products.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by mingaling88

This is the only soap that my mom has ever bought! I've been using it since I could remember! I use it both in the shower and on my face.