December 22, 2014 | 1740 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2008 10:34:00 AM More reviews by swirlsschmurls

I've come to the conclusion that I just may be one of those people on MUA who just can't use anything that other people rave about. I like this as a shower bar, as others have mentioned, the smell is clean, comforting, and a huge plus. And I had huge hopes for cutting down on skincare costs and my routine. But for my face, it just made my skin dull and a little rougher, caused a few small bumps, and didn't do much else. I think it may just be the case that it'll work for people who have ALWAYS used this or who have always stuck with soap and water, but maybe for people who engage in skincare promiscuity, with a variety of regimes and serums, like myself, going back to the basics may not always be such a viable option. Still great for the shower though.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2008 9:07:00 AM More reviews by floppy3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this product. It leaves my skin soft, clean and kind to the skin . . . ahh skin bliss ! ! ! The smell can be a little strong but you get used to it. It doesn't moisturise that much, it more or less steadies the skin pH which is why I believe it is recommended by dermatologists. My only quibble is the inconvenience of it (like all soaps). But I bought a four pack of these soaps for only 1.90 euros and a plastic soap box for travelling and hygiene reasons. What a price what a product ! !

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2008 6:31:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, my review is based on using the white bar. It's very moisturizing. Maybe that's why it disappears...............? And the smell is a bit potent. I can barely shave my armpits without tears streaming down my face! It is a good bar though! I have extremely itchy and dry skin and this has helped when so many others hadn't. My husband got it for me and it was supposed to be the unscented. I'll have to go next time and get that one. I hear good things about that one, too. Good soaps. Better than alot of the others! And I've tried many.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by ShellyMtz

Soft, soft, soft! Don't we all want to have moisturized skin? Lovely scent and great lather. Definitely buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by macangel39

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A HG product for me. I use this on both face and body and love it. I can also use it on my kids without worry.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2008 8:42:00 AM More reviews by espressoqn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used Dove for over 20 years and although I try other face cleansers, I always come back. It's gentle and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. My grandma has used it practically all her life and her skin is beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 2:47:00 PM More reviews by whimzer

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! My skin feels so soft, smooth, and moisturized after I use it. I definitely notice my skin's natural glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2008 5:06:00 PM More reviews by mizplacedcitygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this since I was a kid...but only just started using it as a face wash. I use an oil cleanser in the morning to rid myself of excess oil and take off the oil of olay beauty fluid and pond's cream i use. (i don't wear foundation so I don't really need it at night) This is the perfect afterwash for the oil cleanser. It rinses nicely and cleans without stinging. It doesn't dry my skin out too much which is nice too! It really is a classic bar. The only problem is that it's IMPOSSIBLE to travel with!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

I've started using more serious skincare in the last few months (turning 30 in July, and trying some preventative measures), and decided that I should use a very basic and gentle cleanser under all those creams, lotions, serums, etc. This does the trick. I always remove makeup at night with an oil cleanser, then follow with this. In the morning, I use it, and then my moisturizer/SPF, and have no trouble with dryness. I adore the smell and how it lingers (clean and fresh), though there is a sensitive verison for those who can't tolerate fragrance. My only gripe is that it's a bar...What a hassle to keep at the sink (messy, etc), but that wouldn't stop me from buying this again and again. I also love that it can work double-duty as a body wash, as well. Perfection.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2008 10:36:00 PM More reviews by bruinsbaby119

Who doesn't love the beauty bar? Even my dad's obsessed with it so it's always in the house. I lovelove how it doesn't STRIP moisture from the skin like a lot of soap bars do...if anything it adds moisture back and I can't get enough of that cause my skin is alligator-esque. I've read some good reviews when it comes to washing your face with this stuff....I might give it a shot since I'm on a 3-step acne routine (very similiar to ProActiv) and I think my skin's just getting immune to that crap...I'm scared that my skin will freaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakk out though since it's gotten hooked to all those chemicals BUT ANYWAY, back to the beauty bar---it's love. I'll update if and when I use it on my (annoyingly problematic) skin.