Dove Beauty Bar

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

sodium lauroyl isethionate, stearic acid, sodium tallowate or sodium palmitate, lauric acid, sodium isethionate, water, sodium stearate, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, fragrance, sodium chloride, tetrasodium edta, tetrasodium etidronate, titanium dioxide.

on 8/16/2008 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

yes this does smell really lovely...but it doesn't remove my makeup at all. sorry.

on 8/16/2008 10:42:00 PM

Just confused why everyone keeps talking about this soap as a cleanser for the face? Def not meant for the face, only for those who have used it for years and are scared to try something better. I love it for my body though...and Caress.

on 8/16/2008 10:21:00 PM

I love Dove!! I have used it forever ! My doctor when I was younger HIGHLY recommended this product for me since I have such sensitive skin. The smells are lovely and it works wonders. If your going to use it on your face however I would get the sensitive skin bar because it contains no fragrance. I can't use any other soap except dove. It is by far the only bar soap that doesn't dry you out and leave your skin tight feeling.

on 8/16/2008 7:02:00 PM

This is serious HG material. It removes makeup (and sunblock!), cleanses skin, moisturizes lightly for body so it doesn't leave irritated and tight skin, smells delicious, and can be used for face and body-- which saves precious travel space and luggage weight! Inexpensive and widely available. Foams up nicely (a foam cleanser is still reassuring when you get down to it), and comes in a multitude of formulations and scents suitable for virtually all types. Plus, you can get little "sample" bars of the stuff in almost any travel-size section of any drugstore or big-box store. Keeps my skin smooth and soft when I use it. Doesn't perform miracles (and prevent global warming) or clear up my acne or breakouts or fade blemishes or even out skintone, but those are what moisturizers and other topicals are for. For a basic cleanser that you need in the shower or when you wake up, this is it. Simple and classic and... everywhere. I love the Dove beauty bar! If you haven't tried it already (I know there are reviewers that have had bad experiences with this), at most, you'll lose $1... and I bet you'll still end up loving it for your body. [Plus, the new cucumber scent is absolutely heavenly]

(( see my Notepad for how I classify my ratings ))

on 8/14/2008 11:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really thought i would love this product as when i read reviews alot of pople had said how much they loved it. But i didn't. My face never felt properly clean and it dried my skin out, plus the packaging was awful and got wet and soggy immediatley.

I use this because I am allergic to other soaps, and this is a great product.
I have been using it for about 7 years. best product.

on 7/31/2008 11:53:00 PM

Does not work for me. My face feels so tight and dry after washing.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

After using this, I felt greasy and filmy and icky. I need a soap that will actually cleanse. This didn't do that.

on 7/28/2008 1:40:00 AM

I have been using Dove soap for years. My mom used it on us when we were kids. I love it! I have strayed and tried other soap, but always come back to my basic white Dove soap. It never breaks me out, doesn't dry my skin out and when you buy it in bulk at Costco, like I do, then it's very reasonable. I can even use it on my face and it never irritates my sensitive skin.

HG soap. Not crazy expensive especially if you use coupons and specials. It doesn't dry out my skin and I can use it anywhere. Doesn't smell strong. Sensitive version is good too. Edit: not my HG anymore but I still think it's a good bar.