September 22, 2014 | 1026 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Beauty Bar

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 10:12:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

I always liked this soap and used it as a child-teenager. My mother-in-law uses it and I enjoy using it again at her place. I'd buy it for myself, but my family prefers Pears, which I love, too. Dove is a bit less drying than Pears, and I don't think twice about using Dove on my face from time to time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by besidetheocean

I don't think I've used any beauty product more consistently than Dove soap, and I won't ever be without it. I have very sensitive skin that dries out easily and Dove always cleans well without stripping the skin. Not to mention the wonderful smell!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2008 10:54:00 AM More reviews by LivBrown

Dove Beauty Bar is one of those products that has been around forever and is always a dependable staple. Every girl must have grown up using it at one time or another. I love the fact that it can be used on the face or the body and has a wonderfully clean, creamy, comforting scent and feel. It lathers very well - into a rich, thick foam - and rinses off leaving my skin moisturized. In the past, the bar used to melt very quickly; it disintegrated and became very mushy. But I feel that lately it must have improved, because the bar holds its shape much better and doesn't fall away as quickly. The bar also seems to last longer. I will always have Dove in my bathroom. It isn't my main face or body cleanser, but I like having it in my bathroom because it's just so pleasant to use sometimes and is so reliable when I want a break from my other cleansing products.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by mingaling88

This is the only soap that my mom has ever bought! I've been using it since I could remember! I use it both in the shower and on my face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2008 10:18:00 PM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never really thought about using a bar soap on my face before. I like to browse Productville and saw all the positive ratings for Dove soap, and thought- "why not?" Well, I am shocked. My skin is super soft and improving daily. I even use this with my Clarisonic facial brush and another facial brush I own. Soft skin, less blemishes,seemingly less clogged pores. Very cheap, and a bar will last me a long, long time as I am only using it on my face. My only complaint- I hate the smell.I can overlook the smell for beautiful skin though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2008 7:42:00 PM More reviews by karolcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

ALWAYS buy!!!! for the rest of my life........DOVE IS #1 SOAP EVER was made for us...........#1......

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2008 10:39:00 PM More reviews by aznfreckles

A true classic. This product hardly needs a review. I try to use completely all natural soaps these days, but as that endeavour can tend to get expensive, I always return to a bar of Dove. Woot.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2008 1:59:00 AM More reviews by alchemii

My HG cleasner!! It is my absolute favorite. I love the scent the most. It gets everything off my face and doesnt leave it feeling tight. And its super cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 3:17:00 PM More reviews by darlindiva

I was introduced to this by my college roommate... her skin is flawless and she told me she didn't use anything on it but the Dove beauty bar. My skin (at the time) was very congested, oily but prone to flaking and I always had at least one breakout. I began using this as my cleanser, morning and evening, and it definitely made a difference in my skin. I still have a few clogged pores around my nose, but my skin is MUCH clearer and certainly more balanced. I have tried other cleansers from time to time, but I always end up coming back to this one. I wish it wasn't a bar, but it works so well that I don't care about that too much. I usually end up throwing it away when the bar gets small and nearly used up since after a while it starts to get a little melty, but it's dirt cheap so I don't mind wasting a little product. I also like that it's easy to find in a smaller, convenient travel size so it is easy to pick a few up to take on a trip or leave at the gym (I never take full-size bars out of the house, it's just a slimy mess). Without a doubt, this is my HG skincare product. Before you spend a fortune on expensive skincare products, give this little baby a try!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 7:07:00 PM More reviews by sanckensmom

I have already repurchased over and over again! For years I was a gel only shower/bath washer as I loved all the yummy smells, but at almost 40, I now have itchy skin that is prone to body acne if it is too moisturizing...if I am not careful anything can make my skin itchy, funny I never had this problem before! On the quest to solve this problem, stumbled upon the white beauty bar (not sensitive version) and it has worked wonders for me...it may not be the most moisturizing soap, but does not dry me out at all, no acne, and no itching, and cheap! Horray!