September 17, 2014 | 1002 users online

Treatments - Burt's Bees - Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2008 10:32:00 PM More reviews by diggity

This stuff is a life saver! I am a nail-biter and tend to pick at my cuticles, resulting in gross, ripped up finger nails. This heals that and also prevents me from chewing (maybe it's the texture of the product, I don't know). I love the lemon fresh scent. My cuticles look so healthy after just a week of use!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2008 3:59:00 PM More reviews by newobsession

This smells so good! Too bad it's so greasy. I had to get through a top layer of harder wax to get to the more pliable wax underneath. I usually rub it in, let it sit for a minute, and then wipe off with a napkin. That works the best for me so it doesn't get all over the place. I will not repurchase because it's just too greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2008 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Sarah0926

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this as part of a set, and loved it. The smell is wonderful, and it makes my cuticles and nails so healthy looking. Plus it lasts for quite awhile. I haven't had to repurchase, but will when I run out. I make sure I always have this in my purse. It saved my nails this past Wisconsin winter from being cracked, dry, and overall icky!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by DinahT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had to review this product. I keep it in my desk drawer at work, and maybe I use it a couple times a week if I remember. Winter hasn't been too hard on my hand and cuticles this year.

However, this weekend I've been packing up my apartment to prepare for a move. My nails and my cuticles are a mess from all the packing, newspaper, and repeated hand washing. I figured I'd just have to wait a week or so and keep using hand cream and cuticle cream to return my cuticles to their normal health, because they looked so awful. I used this cuticle cream, and 20 minutes later, happened to notice my cuticles while I was typing, and they look totally normal again! Only one application, and it wasn't even a particularly thick application! I am going to start carrying this stuff around as I finish up my move. This stuff is seriously amazing. Very happy customer. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 10:51:00 AM More reviews by proximitythe53rd

If you like lemon drops, you will like the smell of this cuticle cream. If you don't, you won't. Because it smells exactly like lemon drops taste.

I am an off-and-on nail biter, with dry skin, naturally brittle nails, and cuticles that seem to get torn and painful all too easily. The state of my nails really fluctuates depending on whether or not I'm making an effort and taking care of them.
This product is a lifesaver for those times when I look at my hands and think "I've got to do something about this" ... I'll rub this into my nails and cuticles a few times a day (try to do it after each hand-washing if possible). It keeps my finger tips feeling moisturized, which is nice, but what I love about it is that it really makes my poor ripped up cuticles heal faster, and it seems to keep my nails stronger and less brittle while they grow.
Another thing that I like is just a side effect of the lemon scent - it sort of reminds me not to bite my nails.

This doesn't all soak in immediately, so it does leave your fingers feeling a bit greasy. The product is like a hard lip balm in a tin, so if you just swirl the pads of your fingers around on the surface of the product and then rub it in around your finger tips, concentrating on your cuticles, it works perfectly. You shouldn't have to be digging it out of the tin.

When my hands are in decently good condition, I just leave this on my nightstand, and try to remember to use it before bed each night (which removes any annoyance from greasy-feeling fingers).

I'd love to see a slightly softer version of this in a big jar for feet!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2008 10:44:00 PM More reviews by snow_white_suicide

I never really had any problems with my cuticles but as i got this in a set, i thought i'd give it a bash. The scent is lovely and it moisturises very well. Surprisingly enough, its made my nails stronger and its great for any rough skin anywhere else and if you play the guitar, its great for the finger tips!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2008 2:54:00 AM More reviews by iLyma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is the only cuticle-specific product I have ever tried, but it's been doing a good job so far. I initially bought this because I had dry, cracked cuticles and a lot of hangnails. After application, my nails and cuticles instantly feel a lot smoother and hydrated. It is a bit greasy, but I just try to keep it on the nail and cuticles so it doesn't bother me much. The smell is nice, extremely lemony, and a little goes a long way. You definitely don't need to scoop any out to use it, just swipe it on your fingertips and rub it in. I would buy it again, but i don't think I will ever need to! This tin has lasted me year and I haven't even used 75% of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2008 2:26:00 PM More reviews by Chelles93

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Love it - my cuticles get really nasty (and hard, not torn for some reason) from working as a waitress.

I carry this around and when I actually remember to use it three times a day my nails and cuticles look great.

Mine is kind of grainy, but I don't mind. Also love that my hands smell like lemon vs. some kind of industrial scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 9:47:00 PM More reviews by em1282

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

My favorite Burt's Bees product--it seems to make my nails stronger and my cuticles softer. It also does wonders on helping to fade any yellow tint your nails might have from dark polishes. And, like everyone else has mentioned, the lemon scent is delicious.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 9:06:00 PM More reviews by diana6

Well, I might be the only one who doesn't really like this, but honestly...
Cons:
- hard to use; it comes in a tin, so you're supposed to scoop it out with your fingers and spread it around? it's not very soft, but rather waxy, so scooping it doesn't work too well
- greasy and doesn't dry, so you can't touch anything after you apply it
- my cuticles are still dry after a week of using it

Pros:
- I like the lemon-y smell!