October 25, 2014 | 918 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2004 11:35:00 PM More reviews by JCCM928

I was recommended this by a friend who has very sensitive skin like mine. Love the fine mist and found that this spray is not drying at all. Have tried Evian spray mist and Vichy but both did not really hydrate my skin. This product refreshed my skin and keeps it hydrated. I was amazed and now use it in the office and also during golf. It's a great product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2004 4:40:00 AM More reviews by melodyling

I find this water quite good at calming my dehydrated skin, but i think other cheaper brands like Evian does a similar great job. In fact, splashing water on my face does the same job.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2004 5:03:00 AM More reviews by maruja

I used several bottles of this, without any change in my skin. It is only mildly soothing, nothing special. It is no good as a toner. I now only use Avene's Cleasing lotion for intolerant skin, which is 97% avene water and find it very good for make up removal, I no longer need the thermal bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2004 1:04:00 AM More reviews by keellly

this "thermal spring water" sounds like a bunch of hype, but everytime i get red irritated itchy bumps on my face, i cleanse then spray this water on my face and in less than 10 minutes the bumps are less apparent and less itchy. this product definately calms down irritation. would definately rebuy. also after squeezing a pimple i sprayed on this water and i noticed the scarring is just slightly less than it normally would be. update: i've been using la roche posay's thermal spray water & like the avene way better b/c you see faster results w/ the avene, the LRP doesn't seem to do much.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2004 6:07:00 PM More reviews by stevie50001

I dont think there is anything miraculous about this product like avene would have you believe. The mineral composition is similar to practically all mineral waters. Its ph is 7(ish - just thrown out my empty bottle and I cant quite remember... im not rooting through trash! lol) which is higher than the skins 5.5ph so as a toner this does nothing to restore ph balence - may actually interfere with some topical products like vit c which need low ph to work and the minerals may promote oxidation?..... However it does feel nice and cooling on the skin on hot days, or when skin feels dry this may relieve sensation of dryness but it does not moisturise (you should pat this dry not leave it to evaporate or you'll loose more moisture from your skin through evapo-transpiration). It is expensive to say its just mineral water, however I like the fact that it delivers a fine mist which in not quite the same as pouring mineral water over your face from a bottle... so although its expensive for water id still probably buy it just to refresh... but I honestly dont think it has any healing properties.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2004 3:09:00 PM More reviews by kittymi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it's not a amazing product,but it did do great job in soothing .freshing your skin,although it didn't help my redness:( and expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2004 6:50:00 PM More reviews by philomenakateri

I have tried the Vichy water (which is pretty good), Evian (no longer care for it), and Avene water. I found the Avene water most soothing out of all three. Whenever I use the Avene water, my face feels smooth and refreshed. I also noticed that my complexion looks a little better ( I have sensitive/combo oily skin).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2004 12:42:00 PM More reviews by only_ricco

Great product! Why they don't sell it in the States?!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2004 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

*Me: combo skin prone to blocked pores, surface dryness, slight rosacea* This has become a staple for me after I discovered that my blocked pores and the annoying little bumps on my forehead and chin were at least partially due to the southwest England tap water - so I stopped using any tap water on my skin and instead use this to rinse off cleanser. I spray 2-3 times and wipe off each time with a gentle tissue or cloth, and I always finish with toner (also Avene). This does leave my skin feeling very calm, and I've noticed that not only have most of the bumps cleared but my mild rosacea also seems to have slightly calmed down. However, whether this is due to the positive effect of the Avene water or simply the absence of evil tap water, anybody's guess is as good as mine! I'll give it five lippies anyway. For now I'll keep using it as I can buy it in France where it is reasonably cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2004 10:48:00 PM More reviews by EyeCatcha

I love it! It's really soothing and refreshing UPDATE edit 3.juli/2006: It makes my breakouts magically disappear, my face very smooth and babylike with a very beautiful and wonderful color /skintone. very nice to look at the packiging, very nice love avene very clean products makes my face look well and not problematic