November 23, 2014 | 1919 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2004 10:39:00 AM More reviews by MilleBK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Now I know that I shall not buy more "thermal water spray"! Iīve tried Evian Spray, and now this Avene Spray. And they didnīt moist my skin, just dried out my skin. donīt waste your money on those water spray.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2004 9:12:00 PM More reviews by fleurage

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I like Avene water better than Vichy.Would buy it again,of course.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2004 12:00:00 PM More reviews by mimimakeup

I have been using this product alongside the Tolorence Extreme cleanser and moisturiser, when I developed a strong sensitivity to some other skin care I was trying. My face felt burnt, flushed and very sensitive. Initially I tried some other bland creams to soothe, but only noticed a difference when I started to use this system. The spray feels very soothing and moisturising, and after about 10 days, much less sensitive. I will probably still continue to use the spray when I finish the 21 day (cleanser and moisturiser )course as it feels very refreshing and therapeutic compared to my normal hard tap water.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2004 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Leonidas

My mom forced me to buy this (it cost about 10 euros) when on the last week of make up school I suddenly had wierd red bumps on my neck and shoulders.
Well I used it and I don't know if it helped it go away but anyway it eased the itching and the "hot" feeling.
I use the rest of the bottle as a toner and I think it's a bit softer than the Vittel spray I usually use (different minerals I guess).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2004 11:35:00 PM More reviews by JCCM928

I was recommended this by a friend who has very sensitive skin like mine. Love the fine mist and found that this spray is not drying at all. Have tried Evian spray mist and Vichy but both did not really hydrate my skin. This product refreshed my skin and keeps it hydrated. I was amazed and now use it in the office and also during golf. It's a great product.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2004 4:40:00 AM More reviews by melodyling

I find this water quite good at calming my dehydrated skin, but i think other cheaper brands like Evian does a similar great job. In fact, splashing water on my face does the same job.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2004 5:03:00 AM More reviews by maruja

I used several bottles of this, without any change in my skin. It is only mildly soothing, nothing special. It is no good as a toner. I now only use Avene's Cleasing lotion for intolerant skin, which is 97% avene water and find it very good for make up removal, I no longer need the thermal bottle.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2004 1:04:00 AM More reviews by keellly

this "thermal spring water" sounds like a bunch of hype, but everytime i get red irritated itchy bumps on my face, i cleanse then spray this water on my face and in less than 10 minutes the bumps are less apparent and less itchy. this product definately calms down irritation. would definately rebuy. also after squeezing a pimple i sprayed on this water and i noticed the scarring is just slightly less than it normally would be. update: i've been using la roche posay's thermal spray water & like the avene way better b/c you see faster results w/ the avene, the LRP doesn't seem to do much.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2004 6:07:00 PM More reviews by stevie50001

I dont think there is anything miraculous about this product like avene would have you believe. The mineral composition is similar to practically all mineral waters. Its ph is 7(ish - just thrown out my empty bottle and I cant quite remember... im not rooting through trash! lol) which is higher than the skins 5.5ph so as a toner this does nothing to restore ph balence - may actually interfere with some topical products like vit c which need low ph to work and the minerals may promote oxidation?..... However it does feel nice and cooling on the skin on hot days, or when skin feels dry this may relieve sensation of dryness but it does not moisturise (you should pat this dry not leave it to evaporate or you'll loose more moisture from your skin through evapo-transpiration). It is expensive to say its just mineral water, however I like the fact that it delivers a fine mist which in not quite the same as pouring mineral water over your face from a bottle... so although its expensive for water id still probably buy it just to refresh... but I honestly dont think it has any healing properties.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2004 3:09:00 PM More reviews by kittymi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it's not a amazing product,but it did do great job in soothing .freshing your skin,although it didn't help my redness:( and expensive.