September 14, 2014 | 2106 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Thermal Water

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2004 9:04:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

*Me: combo skin prone to blocked pores, surface dryness, slight rosacea* This has become a staple for me after I discovered that my blocked pores and the annoying little bumps on my forehead and chin were at least partially due to the southwest England tap water - so I stopped using any tap water on my skin and instead use this to rinse off cleanser. I spray 2-3 times and wipe off each time with a gentle tissue or cloth, and I always finish with toner (also Avene). This does leave my skin feeling very calm, and I've noticed that not only have most of the bumps cleared but my mild rosacea also seems to have slightly calmed down. However, whether this is due to the positive effect of the Avene water or simply the absence of evil tap water, anybody's guess is as good as mine! I'll give it five lippies anyway. For now I'll keep using it as I can buy it in France where it is reasonably cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2004 10:48:00 PM More reviews by EyeCatcha

I love it! It's really soothing and refreshing UPDATE edit 3.juli/2006: It makes my breakouts magically disappear, my face very smooth and babylike with a very beautiful and wonderful color /skintone. very nice to look at the packiging, very nice love avene very clean products makes my face look well and not problematic

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2003 6:08:00 AM More reviews by girlfromipanema

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Product is always fresh thanks to the packaging, even in hot Spain where I live. This thermal water is one of the most famous in France, and the bottle goes a very long way. I even spray myself at the office, to release tension. Great for setting make up. And a lovely gift!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2003 9:45:00 AM More reviews by monlim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Like one reviewer said, this is just spring water in a spray bottle. It's soothing but the soothing qualities last like 5 minutes and any redness is back. You still need moisturiser for bad patches. So this is just a feel-good product for a huge price. Does nothing for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2003 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Krista34

LOVE this !!! I know it sounds silly to pay money for water to spray on my face..BUT....its so soothing! After exfoilating..I spray a light mist on my face and poof all the red and irration is gone. If I pick at a pimple( bad) i spray some on the area and I swear it heals faster. Takes down the red..a little expensive for water but would repurchase...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2003 9:11:00 AM More reviews by angelic_affliction

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

fortunately i got this as a free sample. as far as i am concerned, this is as good as spraying pure water on the face. nothing special about it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2003 10:06:00 AM More reviews by pmakraki

I would definitely buy it again.
I use it everywhere, anytime.
During and after sunbathing. It actually soothes sunburns (I've seen it with my eyes) the redness was gone after a couple of hours of regularly spraying with Avene water.
After scrubs or facial masks
As a calming eye zone mask
To fix make up during the day
On spots, rushes, ekzema etc
I find the big sized bottle rather economic while the small one goes everywhere with me, especially during the greek summer which is very hot!
Update: New use: Ideal for diaper rushes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2002 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a thermal water spray from the thermal springs in France a popular resort that treats many skin problems with a huge success! I use this spray as a refreshener in summer or as a tonic or to take of the moisturising mask. It is pure thermal water and it has a very calming and soothing effect and it is absolutely non-irritating. Just like the evian spray, but this one is waaaaaay better in quality, with better effects!