Avene Thermal Water

4.2

Bicarbonate 226.7 mg/l, Silica 10.6 mg/l, Calcium 42.7 mg/l, Magnesium 21.2 mg/l, Selenium <5 microgr/l, Zinc 20 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 207 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.5

on 3/17/2005 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a wonderful product to calm and hydrate my normal-to-dry skin. I use it after I cleanse my face and it creates a perfect base for my daily moisturizer. I haven't tried to use it to set make up yet because it sounds a little weird to spray any kind of water onto the finishing powder.I bought the smaller bottle to try and I'll buy the full size when I used it up. EDIT:After I'm run out of my smaller bottle,I couldn't find the chance to buy the bigger one for 1-2 weeks.And during that time,I've come to realize that I can't live without this spray!!!!!!!!!!!!Today I bought 2 new bottles:1 small one for my purse,and 1 big for home-application:)WONDERFUL!

on 3/15/2005 1:46:00 AM

I can't believe I once thought this was overpriced water ! The results are so great, i am really amazed. It totally calms my sensitive skin and makes it very soft. In winter especially, my skin is very sensitive and reactive and the use of this thermal water spray helps me to keep it under control. I would definitely buy this again.

on 2/14/2005 1:52:00 AM

i bought this a year ago on the reccomendation of the SA who said that it would be good to use to calm my face which is usualy flushed but i didn't use it in the end because i was too lazy to lug it around (i got the 10.5 oz size) since coming back to a tropical climate after living for the past 10 months in australia i found that my skin has been unusually sensitive and for no reason i'd get an itch here and there so i spray on the irritated areas and it really helps to calm my skin. i've been using it practically everyday and its finishing soon. will buy again depending on my skin condition.

on 2/5/2005 8:18:00 PM

I bought this to set my mineral makeup, which is what I use when I wear foundation, which is infrequently. It seems to work well, it's non-irritating. It should be, it's water. I haven't expected or seen any miracles. Edit: 2006/04/28
I'm not changing my rating, but I keep buying this stuff. I use it daily when cleansing. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but now I'm afraid to stop using it. Laugh if you want. Marketing genius.

on 11/21/2004 5:07:00 AM

Avene spring water in a spray is supposed to have calming,soothing effects. To me its ok,but it doesn't have any remarking effects still.. I spray it to my face when my skin is irritated.

I've used Evian for years to set m/u, so I thought I'd try this instead, since it's much easier to get now that it's at CVS, Brooks, etc. I like it so much better, I'll never go back to Evian. I use this for setting m/u, refreshing my face on a hot day and after cleansing as a toner. It really sort of hydrates and makes my pores less visible. I've repurchased several times this year. On balance I really like Avene stuff.

on 11/12/2004 3:00:00 PM

I've used Evian spray and it just made my skin flaky. I tried Vichy and the same thing happened. I was skeptical of this spray, but now that Avene is available in the U.S. I thought I'd try a bottle (knowing I could return it if neccessary). I was pleasantly surprised. I do not think that it has any special properties, but it relieves my sensitive, combo skin. Its perfect for winter skin. Also, I spray it allover my face just before I turn in at night and it feels great. Worth a try and truly better than Evian or Vichy (which just made me think the face spray mineral water thing was a gimmick, which, OK it just might be).

on 11/8/2004 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I swear that this thermal water made my skin healthier, more hydrated and calm!!

I have the most sensitive and oily skin one could imagine... and I have been forever searching for the right products~ and I am happy that most of my searches are over! (plz read my other reviews)

I ran out of this thermal water last month and had to go without it for 3 weeks. It was horrible. All of a sudden my skin became even more sensitive , and nothing seemed to be able to calm it. I had more pimples and dry patches.

I was soooo relieved that all these symtoms were gone a week after I recieved my new shipment of Avene thermal water! (except the acne marks!><) Now i realize that while my other skincare products are superb, THIS is the STAPLE !

The way I use it: I use it as a toner. After cleansing, I spray a generous amt onto my face, and wait for 1 min before blotting it off. Then I use my moisturizer. I also use it as a mask. Try applying 5-10 drops of your essense/treatment, and then cover ur face using a plain dry disposible silk-paper mask, (I bought it in Asia) then spray thermal water on it.

*note: to be absolutely fair, I haven't tried any other spring water spray...so I dunno if this product is better than the rest. I chose this based on its reputation.

on 11/6/2004 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

It does calm a little when my skin is irritated. But I also find it dried my face. Maybe it's because of the high PH value? So I may alter this spray with some other "real" toners. Anyway, it's a keeper when my skin is out of order.

on 10/6/2004 12:03:00 AM

I purchased this for my long trip from TO to China. Worked great for me especially on the plane. My 16hr flight total dried out my skin and this thermal spray kept my skin supple, fresh and soft. Definitely would buy again especially in the summer and while travelling.

Popular Face Skincare Products