Avene Thermal Water

4.2

Bicarbonate 226.7 mg/l, Silica 10.6 mg/l, Calcium 42.7 mg/l, Magnesium 21.2 mg/l, Selenium <5 microgr/l, Zinc 20 microgr/l, Copper <5 microgr/l. Dry residue mineral content 207 mg/l. Neutral pH 7.5

on 3/31/2005 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

No other spring water spray can compare to this. I've tried all the other sprays but they did nothing. They were just like spraying tap water on your face. Well not this one...
My skin has been sensitized and has become intolerant to most cosmetic and skin care products. This calms it down, hydrates and makes it feel soooo smooth.
I use it after cleansing as a toner and whenever I feel I need some hydration. even when I'm wearing make up, I can spray this on and I get this healthy glow and feel wonderful.
I'm definately buying the full size and will always keep the travel size in my bag to freshen up during the day.
If you feel skeptical, get the travel size and give this a try.
A stable and an HG!
Update: I'm sooo loving this. I had a irritation from a cleanser for days and as soon as I used this and the avene Gentle Rinse-off gel my skin was instanly calmed down and redness gone. Unbelievable, but somehow it really works.

on 3/30/2005 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I use it every day, I love it!

on 3/30/2005 2:45:00 PM

P'ville reviews reminded me that I loved one thermal water spray I had once and made me buy Avene. Nice and soothing spray, will update when it's proven itself.

on 3/17/2005 5:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a wonderful product to calm and hydrate my normal-to-dry skin. I use it after I cleanse my face and it creates a perfect base for my daily moisturizer. I haven't tried to use it to set make up yet because it sounds a little weird to spray any kind of water onto the finishing powder.I bought the smaller bottle to try and I'll buy the full size when I used it up. EDIT:After I'm run out of my smaller bottle,I couldn't find the chance to buy the bigger one for 1-2 weeks.And during that time,I've come to realize that I can't live without this spray!!!!!!!!!!!!Today I bought 2 new bottles:1 small one for my purse,and 1 big for home-application:)WONDERFUL!

on 3/15/2005 1:46:00 AM

I can't believe I once thought this was overpriced water ! The results are so great, i am really amazed. It totally calms my sensitive skin and makes it very soft. In winter especially, my skin is very sensitive and reactive and the use of this thermal water spray helps me to keep it under control. I would definitely buy this again.

on 2/14/2005 1:52:00 AM

i bought this a year ago on the reccomendation of the SA who said that it would be good to use to calm my face which is usualy flushed but i didn't use it in the end because i was too lazy to lug it around (i got the 10.5 oz size) since coming back to a tropical climate after living for the past 10 months in australia i found that my skin has been unusually sensitive and for no reason i'd get an itch here and there so i spray on the irritated areas and it really helps to calm my skin. i've been using it practically everyday and its finishing soon. will buy again depending on my skin condition.

on 2/5/2005 8:18:00 PM

I bought this to set my mineral makeup, which is what I use when I wear foundation, which is infrequently. It seems to work well, it's non-irritating. It should be, it's water. I haven't expected or seen any miracles. Edit: 2006/04/28
I'm not changing my rating, but I keep buying this stuff. I use it daily when cleansing. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but now I'm afraid to stop using it. Laugh if you want. Marketing genius.

on 11/21/2004 5:07:00 AM

Avene spring water in a spray is supposed to have calming,soothing effects. To me its ok,but it doesn't have any remarking effects still.. I spray it to my face when my skin is irritated.

I've used Evian for years to set m/u, so I thought I'd try this instead, since it's much easier to get now that it's at CVS, Brooks, etc. I like it so much better, I'll never go back to Evian. I use this for setting m/u, refreshing my face on a hot day and after cleansing as a toner. It really sort of hydrates and makes my pores less visible. I've repurchased several times this year. On balance I really like Avene stuff.

on 11/12/2004 3:00:00 PM

I've used Evian spray and it just made my skin flaky. I tried Vichy and the same thing happened. I was skeptical of this spray, but now that Avene is available in the U.S. I thought I'd try a bottle (knowing I could return it if neccessary). I was pleasantly surprised. I do not think that it has any special properties, but it relieves my sensitive, combo skin. Its perfect for winter skin. Also, I spray it allover my face just before I turn in at night and it feels great. Worth a try and truly better than Evian or Vichy (which just made me think the face spray mineral water thing was a gimmick, which, OK it just might be).

Popular Face Skincare Products