Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love this Palette! I mostly wear those naked and natural colors for my everyday makeup, and sometimes to evening makeup as well, and Iike it that I have all my favorite shades in one compact palette.
The shadows are beautiful and pigmented, and you can create different looks with the,- natural or dramatic, you pick.
the only thing I did not like is the brush, it's too hard and you cant really use it to apply eyeshadows..
I also LOVE the small lip gloss that came with the palette, and I really liked the package, for the fact I can carry it in my bag and not be afraid it will get opened.

I finally caved and bought this palette. I tried to get the first Naked Palette but it quickly sold out then I lost interest by the time it was back in stock. Just looking a the two side by side I thought I would give this one a try. I do have warm undertones but I find the colors in the second palette to be more current, perfect for ANY smokey look. I honestly can't count the number of combinations I use. Also Teas and Foxy have become totally indispensable to me. Again I have a warm undertone so these colors suit my skin perfectly. I love creating bronzy smokey looks with high shine and everything in between. I always prime my lids with either a Maybelline Color Tattoo shade or the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I have never had an issue with the lasting power or color payoff of any of the shadows in this palette. Also love the brush, the blending side is fantastic. It was quite pricey, but at least I got the cutest little lip gloss ever. Also I do create a look out of this palette every single day so I have to say it is worth the investment.

on 6/29/2012 2:15:00 PM

Received this as a gift and am so grateful! I LOVE Urban Decay eye-shadow and this palette is a must-have for anyone who loves good quality eye shadow. I actually own two of the shadows that's included in this palette but I love the wide range of neutrals both in matte and shimmers that you can mix and match! The double-ended brush is GREAT and it's travel-friendly packaging is a nice update from their previous Naked palette.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

It's funny...I read the reviews on here and cool-toned girls hate it because it's "too warm," while at the same time warm-toned girls hate it because it's "too cool." Ladies, you have to know what works for your coloring. Naked 1 is good if you like predominantly warm tones, Naked 2 is good if you're more a fan of cool tones. #1 has a few cool tones, just as #2 has a few warm tones, but overall 1 is warmer and 2 is cooler. And just because you're warm doesn't mean you can't wear cool shadows, and vice versa. Know yourself so that you don't waste time and money on products that won't work for you. Keep that in mind.

Now that being said...I am a huge fan of both (I have a separate review for Naked 1), but Naked 2 has some of my favorite colors of all time. I have light/medium olive skin that I won't categorize as either warm or cool because it can truly be either. I love the cool-toned shades in this palette and I think they're amazing "Winter" type of colors. Busted, Verve, Pistol and Suspect are all gorgeous and my personal favorites. Snakebite and Blackout are beautiful, as well, especially to smoke out the lashline. Foxy and Bootycall are your typical highlight shades, but still very nice. YDK, Chopper and Half Baked are great in terms of texture and pigment, but I do not like them on my skintone and thus rarely wear them. Tease is a unique color in swatches, but I find that it doesn't transfer well on my eyes. It's the only shade in the palette that I was truly disappointed with.

The majority of what I said in my original Naked review still applies here--including the gripe about price. Overall you're getting the same quality from both palettes, it's just a personal preference in regards to color. The eyeshadows are all very smooth and easy to work with, but keep in mind that they will always look and wear better if you apply a base (any kind..even concealer will do) underneath.

I will say, though, that Naked 2 is much more travel-friendly with the solid metal case and snap-close lid. Definitely better packaging than Naked 1. In terms of product quality, though, I think they're equal. It's just a matter of which color palette, warm or cool, works best for you.

on 6/24/2012 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I think this product is a success because it is convenient. It's easy to travel with and very versatile with its looks/uses. I like the packaging, not fussed on the brush but thatís ok. My fav colour is suspect (so beautiful) I use it pretty much every look, even just by itself blended out when I feel lazy.
I am now hesitant to go out and buy other neutral shadows (mainly MAC) because I know I will just keep reaching back for this palette, but maybe thatís not such a bad thing :). I would defiantly recommend it, itís an investment, but if you enjoy it and get the use out of it then whatís not to love!

on 6/23/2012 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

Should have bought the 1 naked pallete, my skin color is too warm for this one. willing to swap. its brand new!

I love, love, love this eyeshadow palette. All of the colors are usable, which is hard to find in an eyeshadow palette. UD makes the best eyeshadows, and they included a lot of very versatile shades in this product. I wear them all on a regular basis, with the "half baked", "chopper", suspect", verve" and YDK" being my go-to colors. The hues are very rich and for the most part, shimmery, without being costumish or hard to wear during the daytime hours. Love it!

on 6/20/2012 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

In summary: This is the BEST eye shadow I have ever invested in. The colors are very rich and highly pigmented. The entire pallet is cool toned, which works perfectly for my skin. I have a warm skin tone with neutral undertones and bright green eyes. Over the years I have tried hundreds of shadows and combinations and have discovered that warm colors just don't look good on me. These shadows are very soft and easy to apply and blend. Yes there is fallout with the glitter, as others have mentioned, but I didn't find it to be bad. Just enough to have to be a little careful when applying. And yes this is a neutral pallette but it is by no means boring or mundane! The colors come through so vibrant and with the shimmer, you get the feeling of depth and character. I'm not too crazy about matte colors, except to use as a base, so I'm glad there are only a few mattes. I don't have any creasing problems, but then I never do with any shadow (except for a couple of horrible drug store creams). I very lightly sponge foundation all over my lids, and then lightly dust with a skin toned matte shadow, regardless of which eyeshadows I am using. This sets the base for the color, and when I do this, I never have creases or fading and blurring of colors. I have tried eyeshadow primers and ended up with horrible creasing so I don't even bother anymore. "Busted" is a rich eggplant color which works SO perfectly with my bright green eyes! I use "Blackout" as a liner with an angled liner brush and this works great. The brush that comes with the pallette is very nice but I'm not too picky about brushes. Overall, this was an EXCELLENT purchase for me! I am very happy about this pallette and don't even want to reach for any other shadows except the Naked2 pallette.

on 6/19/2012 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It's been a while that this palet came out and I just got it. I've been hesitating about buying it for a looonnng time because of the price and colors. They're neutral colors which means: you can find similar colors for less money. And finally I went to sephora and bought it. AND I AM NOT REGRETTING IT ! Definitely worth the price. It has matte, shimmer and glitter colors so you can actually make a complete natural look without looking too shimmery or excesively glittery. Packaging is amazing as expected from Urban Decay and I actually love the brush. I always buy brushes seperately because I don't like the ones that come with the actual eye shadows. Despite the price, I would actually go and buy another one when I finish this one.

on 6/16/2012 8:35:00 AM

This is a fantastic pallette! I'm a self proclaimed queen of neutrals and as such I felt I naturally drawn towards the naked palettes. I've been wanting the naked palette since it came out and I've almost purchased it a couple of times, but something always held me back.The thing is that I already have a ton of neutral eyeshadows. I seriously did not need any more. So in order for me to purchase a palette like this with 12 colors, I really wanted it to be the perfect all round neutral palette - something I could take with me on vacation and not need anything else. Naked 1 just wasn't that for me because 1) it doesn't contain a black eyeshadow. For me that's a must in any all round palette. I love using that as a subtle eyeliner. 2) I didn't like the highlighter. Highlighter is one of my favourite products to use for an instant fresh look and I'm very picky about it. I just didn't like the one that came in the naked pallette. 3) the colors were too warm & dark. I do love warm eyeshadows, but I have neutral undertones so I also look good in neutral/cool tones and I would have liked to have a choice in a pallette with so many colors. They were also too dark for me. I felt they were mostly crease colors for me (I have fair skin). So if I bought the naked 1 I would still need to also pack a black eyeshadow, a different highlighter and base colors. There's a few nice colors in there but I didn't want to purchase the whole palette just for those.
Then I saw naked 2 and I instantly knew I had to get it. They've solved all the problems that kept me from getting naked 1. They added a matte black eyeshadow and they changed the highlighter to something that I LOVE. As soon as I saw bootycall I knew I had to get the palette. And thirdly, it is a better mix of warm and neutral undertones. I wouldn't call this a cool palette, just more balanced and neutral. It still has some warm tones, which I love, but it also has some neutrals. So I can choose, just like I wanted.
I do love that they kept half baked in there as I love that color and not everyone who gets naked 2 also bought naked. I know some people are annoyed about the duplicates, but I'm very happy about it.
My favourite shade in this palette is bootycall, which is a gorgeous white gold highlighter. I also love blackout, a really pigmented black. I also really like suspect and YDK, they are something that I wear on their own. I actually like all the colors in this palette! snakebite, busted, halfbaked, chopper - love them all. My least faves are pistol and verve, but I even like & wear those. I also did not expect to like foxy and tease, but I actually do. Foxy is exactly my skin color and as such might have been useless, but I actually like it for a very neutral look - just to even out my lids without it looking like I'm wearing anything. And tease is just the most perfect crease color ever. Seriously. It makes your eyes look defined without being too obvious and love the purple-ish undertone, it goes great with my green eyes.
I've never tried UD eyeshadows before and I like the consistency of them. Chopper sometimes has a bit of fall out, but is still very useable and the rest of them are great. I've read a couple of complaints about the pigmentation of tease, but in my palette it's absolutely fine.
Packaging wise I like that it has a big mirror and it feels very sturdy. I also have no problems with it being unbalanced when it's open. It doesn't fall over.
The brush that comes with it is the best I've seen come with a palette. I like the flat end to apply highlighter. The blending end is fine as well, but I do find it stings a tiny bit so I prefer to use my own blending brush. But for on the go it would be fine.
Overall I absolutely love this pallette and when I go on vacation this is the only thing I will take with me eyeshadow wise.
It's great value and I would highly recommend it.

Popular Palettes