August 22, 2014 | 1948 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - NAKED2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by littlemoon97

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this palette. As some have mentioned, the colors are especially good for cool-toned skin and really complement my fair complexion. They are buildable and nicely pigmented, and I find they stay put. I have the first Naked Palette, and while I prefer the tones of this one overall, the two palettes work really well together. I find myself combing shadows from them al the time. I gave this a 4 rather than a 5 only because I do wish there were a higher ratio of mattes to glitters; however, most of the shimmery shadows are not over the top and are still wearable without making me look like I'm trying to look like my teenage daughter.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 3:37:00 AM More reviews by Jayjaybean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Just got this for my birthday. I already have Naked 1 but I think I might prefer the neutrals in this one. They're a little better suited to my skin tone. The quality is as to be expected from Urban Decay. Very smooth and pigmented. Use a primer and they will last all day (despite what one earlier reviewer said, even expensive pressed eye shadows need primer) The initial cost is a bit much, but many addicts will likely spend that much on cheap eye shadows and whatnot in a year, so it's worth the investment.

I put "No" to rebuying cause I have both the Naked and Naked 2 palettes. More then enough neutral eyeshadows for one person, so I doubt I'll ever run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by misslu990

I am head over heels in LOVE with this product! I got this at sephora a couple days ago b/c I couldn't wait any longer to try it & I don't regret buying it at all! The colors are gorgeous & I prefer this over the naked 1 palette. The colors are great for every day or going out. Definitely worth buying! Love the lip gloss too! My favorite color out of this is suspect; it the most gorgeous bronze-y color. I know this palette is over-hyped but I really like this

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 8:23:00 PM More reviews by juneexd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

love love love! there isnt much I can say about this that hasn't already been said. I have both naked original and naked 2. I definitely feel like this is the better palette in terms of colors, packaging, and brush. If you want a naked, get this one

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Aishteru85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got this on a whim. I usually dont do eyeshadow when I apply make up simply because i have semi-double lid. So anything you put on is covered under the hooded layer. So it is only visible if i close my eyes. Therefore I usually put on a really bold eyeliner. For me, for the price I have to shell out, I Feel that the quality of these eyeshadows are mediocre. I have tonnes of fall out, especially with suspect, ydk, snakebite and pistol. Not just on my face but on the palette as well. I dont own naked 1, so i cant compare. but for the price there shouldnt be mega fall out. Second, I find that it's not as easy to pack on the color on the lid, i feel that you need at least two application to see a vibrant color and by the second application, major fallout on your cheeks. And not as smooth as compared to WnW. Not really easily blended either. Some colors go well with my skin tone NC35 here, some dont, indeed this is probably more suited to those who have a cooler undertone. The longevity is okay, slightly better than drugstore ones, and with UDPP, it lasts the whole day. But of course, by the end of the day, most colors are not as vibrant and they have been reduced to a wash on the eyelids.

All in all. I feel that these are one of those over hyped product, not really worth spending USD60 on, I'd rather spend the money on WnW and get more quality shadows and plus for USD 60 I could get like 8 mini pallettes...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by julalg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So. Naked 2. To get the first point of the way, yes, you can own this if you own Naked 1. There is definitely a variety of colors between these two pallettes. To get to the second point, which should you buy if you are deciding between the two? Cool tones should go with this one, warm tones with Naked one seems like obvious answer. But in my opinion, I prefer having both. In all honesty, the darker colors on 2 seem more suited to cooler colors, and the lighter colors seem more suited to warm tones. If you are to look at the two glittery shades, Sidecar in one is actually cooler than Chopper which is in 2. Virgin in one is cooler on my skin than Bootycall or Foxy in Two. Both contain Half Baked, which is probably my biggest issue with Naked 2, but point being, it is a warm color. Busted is very similar to a Naked one color, and in my opinion pulls warm. The matte midtoned shade is cooler in Naked 2, and the darker shades pull cooler as well. I really prefer the end to the right of Naked 2. Verve and Pistol were the greys that I was really wanting in the first Naked, and Suspect and Snakebite are beautiful browns that thankfully do not pull orange on me. Blackout is the blackest eyeshadow I own and since it is blendable, it is easy to work with. Now if I had to choose one for an over night trip, I would choose Naked 2 personally because I prefer mid tone or darker colors usually. But I wish there were a way to take the colors I really like from One (Sin, Smog, Virgin, Naked, Sidecar) and replace some of the lighter warmer colors in Two and leave out Busted.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by ferisita

I have so many mixed emotions with this palette. It is a nice great value for your money considering that you get 12 eyeshadows, a double end brush and a really nice gloss.
The quality of the shadows is great, i find them all to be very pigmented and to have a great staying power. My favorites are suspect, foxy, bootycall and blackout. But i think that this is not one of those all you need in one palette. Maybe I have not been very creative, but I don't find many ways in which I could combine this colors in just one great look and I often find myself using just one color from this and many others from different palettes to do my makeup.
With the original naked palette I don't need any other shadow to create a look.
So I think the original is better, and with both you can do almost any neutral look. Where I live we don't have return policy, but f we did had surely i wpuld return this.

I'm not bashing on this, but for me it has a lot of all over lid colors and very few crease colors.

I would recommend this for anyone who likes shimmery, silvery taupes and browns, but if you want an all in one palette definitely go for the original one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Add this to my list of overrated products, alongside Nars Orgasm. What is it with people and shimmer?

I didn't expect to like ALL the shadows, but I was hoping I would find more than just two of them useful. I have hooded eyes, so my main objective in shadows are finding the right shades for the crease. I only use matte shades in my crease, and Tease is nothing more than a blending shade for me. Too light to be the actual crease color. Foxy & Bootycall are highlighters, Blackout is obviously the multi-use black, and the rest are simply lid colors for me. I don't need that many lid colors.

The problem with palettes is that I always feel like I need to use all of them just to make it worth it. So every other day, I use a different color on my lid. That's nice, now what about my crease area? As nice as it was to have all those different lid shades, I don't want to pay $50 for all of them.

As for lasting power, I didn't notice that these lasted any long than a cheap shadow on my lid (less than 6 hours). I did not use primer, but my philosophy is, if I'm going to pay that much for shadow I shouldn't need it.

This palette is ideal for you if you're into shimmer and you look experimenting with different shades of shiny neutrals. Not ideal if you like matte or if you only like one or two of these shades.

12 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 12:12:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So, I bought this on a whim about a week ago. I needed some powder, and if I spent another 10 I would get 5 off. So I spent 36 on this instead. I justified it by thinking each individual shadow is 13 in the UK, so I am actually SAVING 120. I know, pretty tenuous!
Anyhow, as I haven't had this long, I haven't used all of the colours. I have used the majority, but not the darkest colours as of yet. BUT...I love it. Absolutely love it. Every colour is beautiful - highly pigmented, creamy textured, and easy to apply. I don't get fallout either which is a plus.
The colours just seem to be perfect for my skin tone and eyes - cool and hazel. Tease in particular is a beautiful greyish, purplish colour which is just lovely in the crease or under the eye. It really brings out the green in my eyes.
I also really like the brush, and use it for application. I use another brush to blend. The lipgloss I also really like, and I generally don't use glosses. This one has just enough of a warm tone to it to nicely balance a cool eye.
I'm off work on maternity leave right now, so don't have a lot of need to experiment or wear make up. I just like looking at this palette though, it's so pretty.
I have marked this as dirt cheap, as it works out at 3 per shadow, which is an excellent price - although the initial outlay is pretty high. I would buy this again and again, and in fact might get one for my sister for her birthday. This could well be my HG shadow palette.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like 2 soooo much better than the original! My complaints about the first naked palette were: Not enough matte shades, and too many warm tones that didnt really work for cool skin. The Naked 2 fixed both problems. For me, the shades in this palette are much more wearable; More taupes and greys, instead of several versions of bronze. I also did not have a shade in the first naked pallette that I could use on my browbone or to blend, that was similar to my skintone and more matte (something like MAC's brule). It sucked to have a huge pallette and still need other eyeshadows. The shade Foxy in the naked 2 solved that problem too. This pallette is more useful and versatile. I love the shades Suspect & Pistol! I quite like the packaging, although I think I prefer the packaging of the original better. I also find the dual ended brush better quality and more usable than the brush that came with the original, and I like getting a lipgloss instead of primer, as I already have the UD primer. If I had to choose only one, I would definitely recommend naked 2.