Urban Decay NAKED2

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

I love, love, love this eyeshadow palette. All of the colors are usable, which is hard to find in an eyeshadow palette. UD makes the best eyeshadows, and they included a lot of very versatile shades in this product. I wear them all on a regular basis, with the "half baked", "chopper", suspect", verve" and YDK" being my go-to colors. The hues are very rich and for the most part, shimmery, without being costumish or hard to wear during the daytime hours. Love it!

on 6/20/2012 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral

In summary: This is the BEST eye shadow I have ever invested in. The colors are very rich and highly pigmented. The entire pallet is cool toned, which works perfectly for my skin. I have a warm skin tone with neutral undertones and bright green eyes. Over the years I have tried hundreds of shadows and combinations and have discovered that warm colors just don't look good on me. These shadows are very soft and easy to apply and blend. Yes there is fallout with the glitter, as others have mentioned, but I didn't find it to be bad. Just enough to have to be a little careful when applying. And yes this is a neutral pallette but it is by no means boring or mundane! The colors come through so vibrant and with the shimmer, you get the feeling of depth and character. I'm not too crazy about matte colors, except to use as a base, so I'm glad there are only a few mattes. I don't have any creasing problems, but then I never do with any shadow (except for a couple of horrible drug store creams). I very lightly sponge foundation all over my lids, and then lightly dust with a skin toned matte shadow, regardless of which eyeshadows I am using. This sets the base for the color, and when I do this, I never have creases or fading and blurring of colors. I have tried eyeshadow primers and ended up with horrible creasing so I don't even bother anymore. "Busted" is a rich eggplant color which works SO perfectly with my bright green eyes! I use "Blackout" as a liner with an angled liner brush and this works great. The brush that comes with the pallette is very nice but I'm not too picky about brushes. Overall, this was an EXCELLENT purchase for me! I am very happy about this pallette and don't even want to reach for any other shadows except the Naked2 pallette.

on 6/19/2012 10:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

It's been a while that this palet came out and I just got it. I've been hesitating about buying it for a looonnng time because of the price and colors. They're neutral colors which means: you can find similar colors for less money. And finally I went to sephora and bought it. AND I AM NOT REGRETTING IT ! Definitely worth the price. It has matte, shimmer and glitter colors so you can actually make a complete natural look without looking too shimmery or excesively glittery. Packaging is amazing as expected from Urban Decay and I actually love the brush. I always buy brushes seperately because I don't like the ones that come with the actual eye shadows. Despite the price, I would actually go and buy another one when I finish this one.

on 6/16/2012 8:35:00 AM

This is a fantastic pallette! I'm a self proclaimed queen of neutrals and as such I felt I naturally drawn towards the naked palettes. I've been wanting the naked palette since it came out and I've almost purchased it a couple of times, but something always held me back.The thing is that I already have a ton of neutral eyeshadows. I seriously did not need any more. So in order for me to purchase a palette like this with 12 colors, I really wanted it to be the perfect all round neutral palette - something I could take with me on vacation and not need anything else. Naked 1 just wasn't that for me because 1) it doesn't contain a black eyeshadow. For me that's a must in any all round palette. I love using that as a subtle eyeliner. 2) I didn't like the highlighter. Highlighter is one of my favourite products to use for an instant fresh look and I'm very picky about it. I just didn't like the one that came in the naked pallette. 3) the colors were too warm & dark. I do love warm eyeshadows, but I have neutral undertones so I also look good in neutral/cool tones and I would have liked to have a choice in a pallette with so many colors. They were also too dark for me. I felt they were mostly crease colors for me (I have fair skin). So if I bought the naked 1 I would still need to also pack a black eyeshadow, a different highlighter and base colors. There's a few nice colors in there but I didn't want to purchase the whole palette just for those.
Then I saw naked 2 and I instantly knew I had to get it. They've solved all the problems that kept me from getting naked 1. They added a matte black eyeshadow and they changed the highlighter to something that I LOVE. As soon as I saw bootycall I knew I had to get the palette. And thirdly, it is a better mix of warm and neutral undertones. I wouldn't call this a cool palette, just more balanced and neutral. It still has some warm tones, which I love, but it also has some neutrals. So I can choose, just like I wanted.
I do love that they kept half baked in there as I love that color and not everyone who gets naked 2 also bought naked. I know some people are annoyed about the duplicates, but I'm very happy about it.
My favourite shade in this palette is bootycall, which is a gorgeous white gold highlighter. I also love blackout, a really pigmented black. I also really like suspect and YDK, they are something that I wear on their own. I actually like all the colors in this palette! snakebite, busted, halfbaked, chopper - love them all. My least faves are pistol and verve, but I even like & wear those. I also did not expect to like foxy and tease, but I actually do. Foxy is exactly my skin color and as such might have been useless, but I actually like it for a very neutral look - just to even out my lids without it looking like I'm wearing anything. And tease is just the most perfect crease color ever. Seriously. It makes your eyes look defined without being too obvious and love the purple-ish undertone, it goes great with my green eyes.
I've never tried UD eyeshadows before and I like the consistency of them. Chopper sometimes has a bit of fall out, but is still very useable and the rest of them are great. I've read a couple of complaints about the pigmentation of tease, but in my palette it's absolutely fine.
Packaging wise I like that it has a big mirror and it feels very sturdy. I also have no problems with it being unbalanced when it's open. It doesn't fall over.
The brush that comes with it is the best I've seen come with a palette. I like the flat end to apply highlighter. The blending end is fine as well, but I do find it stings a tiny bit so I prefer to use my own blending brush. But for on the go it would be fine.
Overall I absolutely love this pallette and when I go on vacation this is the only thing I will take with me eyeshadow wise.
It's great value and I would highly recommend it.

on 6/13/2012 3:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

O-M-G!!!! This palette is absolutely perfect!!! It is perfect for my skintone (Fair) and all the colors work for me so well!!!! You have to buy this product. It's a total steal for $50, considering single Urban Decay eyeshadows are $18 a piece! Doing the math, that means your getting 12 full size UD shades for $4.16 a piece! It may seem like dishing a lot of money out initially for the palette, but it's really not. My favorite colors in the palette are: Bootycall, Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol, Verve, & YDK. (Almost all of them lol!!!) I probably won't ever use Blackout (maybe as an eyeliner) but all of the shades are beautiful. Sometimes I do have problems getting Tease to go onto my lid (even with primer potion) but after working really hard at it, it does show up. Go buy this palette, you won't be dissappointed!

on 6/13/2012 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I hemmed and hawed about buying this, as I own and use palette 1. Finally caved, and I have mixed feelings about this. My biggest problem is that the two palettes are so similar. I know. One is warm two is cool. Ish. But really, not so overt as to make a huge difference. My second biggest problem is that there are too few matte shades. A beautiful dark brown nestled right next to the matte black would have been great. Also they need a "Satin Taupe" type of color in there.

On the plus side...the packaging has improved, the brush is great and a couple of the colors that aren't duplicated from the first palette are good. My suggestion to anyone thinking about this is that if you have number 1 save your money. If you want one or the other, toss a coin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I bought this palette for prom because I swatched the Naked and Naked2 palette and thought the colors were similar enough, but the Naked2 formula was better. I really love it, but there is a lot of fallout and the colors are too cool for my olive skin tone. Would have loved more warm shadows. Other than that, it's a really nice palette especially for the price. My favorite shadows are booty call and blackout. The brush it comes with wasn't really good for the shadows, but it is my FAVORITE concealer brush!

on 6/12/2012 12:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Got this palate for my birthday, and was very excited to finally try all the looks I have been seeing on YouTube. The colors are beautiful, great payoff, and selection. The brush it comes with is very convenient, as is the large mirror (Ive heard its bigger and better than the first one), I love how sturdy the container is. The whole package makes traveling a breeze.

Cons:
*I have tried several different primers and techniques, but I hate to admit these shadows WILL crease by the end of the day. I have the cheapo palate from ELF that has better staying power than these.

*FALLLOUT, EVERYHWERE. Some of these shadows are SO glittery, fallout is inevitable. To the point where half of it literally has fallen off your lids onto your cheeks mid day. This is a huge set back, because the shadows get all muddled together on the lid once they have fallen onto your face, and also because your face looks a hot mess with shadow fragments all over it.

Pros:
*The value of what you are getting is amazing. Each shadow on their own is about 20, not to mention the dual ended brushes sold separately are about 25 each. So, 50$ seems like a lot, but you are really getting a lot.

*The fallout can be avoided/fixed if you are willing to spend an additional 20$. TooFaced Shadow Insurance: Glitter Glue primer. I just picked it up yesterday and I can definitely see the difference in staying power as well as a ton less fallout. It is a bit pricey, but you are basically investing in the life of your palate.

I cant say if I will repurchase again or not, from what I hear these last a really long time, so only time will tell.

on 6/9/2012 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have been lusting after this for a while, and finally took the plunge. I am so happy!!!! I have warming pink skin tone and the colors are super flattering. I usually use Chanel or Dior eyeshadows and these are comparable. The palette is versitile and are both day and night appropriate. And the lipgloss which comes with it is super cute!

on 6/9/2012 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I got this product from my best friend for my birthday and I could not believe it since the price is very expensive. I use this palette pretty much every day and its perfect! I just use the brush that comes with it so its super easy and quick. the packaging is a bit starnge since the lid part is really stiff but its not an issue. This palette is going to last me forever and I LOVE it!!

Popular Palettes