October 30, 2014 | 1691 users online

Concealers - Maybelline - Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2012 11:57:00 PM More reviews by mirageangelhope

I have this in the brighter and I love this.It has a pinkish tone so it really does brighten instead of leaving a grey hue behind.Getting the right amount of product using the twister can take some time,It is well worth it.The eye looks brighter and really does diminish the darkness.The brightener stays in place all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2012 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Rina7

First of all, this product blends very nicely in my undereye area; it's thin and adequately pigmented. If i use a light touch, it doesn't look like i'm wearing makeup, and my darkness where are somewhat diminished (although by no means entirely concealed, because there is a big of bagginess/shadowing that no concealer can erase). I'm NC 25/30 with yellow undertone, so the yellowish No 50 Corrector shade alone suits me just fine. The other shades are too pink-beige for me; and the Light is too light, Medium is too dark. Wears for about 6-8 hours. My only complaint is the applicator: the sponge tip is useful for lightly dotting, but it means that I'm putting on product that has been sitting in the tip for days. I'd rather have a squeeze tube, especially since the product is thin enough to be very spreadable.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/10/2012 10:50:00 AM More reviews by nicola00

UGH I am so disappointed, I should know better really. I got this from the great reviews BUT it didn't work for me. First off, I had a reaction to it. Second, it made my under eyes look green. Yellow is great for purple dark circles, not blue veins. Yellow and blue make green. If I didn't react to this, I'd try the brightener as a corrector since it's pink. My search continues..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by ChristyR143

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this in number 160 which is the Brightener and is a pink tone. It reminded me of YSL's Touch Eclat #1. Much to my surprise, it is, in my opinion, everything the Touch Eclat should be. It performs BETTER than the YSL. It's slightly thicker and has more pigmentation, gives the exact same effect, and at a fraction of the cost. Super smooth and blends very easily. An awesome product all around. The sponge tipped applicator and cap can get a little messy over time, but for the price, who cares. As long as this is available I won't purchase the YSL again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by Nsilva

I purchased this in shade 160 Brightener. This is a wonderful drugstore Product that would rival any high end "illuminator". The product is fairly thin and fluid which makes it great for layering over a corrector or concealer. I like using this under my Hourglass stick concealer on my undereye area. This also performs well using the "triangle" method under the eyes to give the face a glow. The applicator does not bother me and I will continue to purchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by designermom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have tried many concealers, most I never re-buy. This one however, is an exception. I have dark circles and some puffiness and this product is excellent, especially for the dark circles. I actually like the sponge and the consistency is awesome. It lasts all day and doesn't settle into fine lines and wrinkles. I hope that Maybelline keeps making this product! Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2011 9:00:00 PM More reviews by momonro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So first I tried the honey shade by itself which did the job of concealing my undereye circles and looked very natural on my skin when didn't want to wear of full face of makeup. I was still on the hunt for a concealer with more pigment and coverage though. I read up on reviews on here and a lot people said to try the neutralizer shade with the concealer to get better results. So I decide buy and BOY AM I GLAD I DID! The neutralizer adds brightness under the concealer which nice but still looks natural. The formula is so awesome NO CREASING, or dry looking under the eye or caking like all other concealers. The neutralizer just made this product that much btter for me! This is now my HOLY GRILL COMBO so if you have sunken in eyes, dark circles, don't want creasing TRY THIS! For extra coverage definelty use the neutralizer with it! Makes a HUGE difference! You don't even have to set with powder I actually took a nap while wearing this and NO mascara tranfer or anything like that. For reference I am a nc 35 to nc 40 in summer honey matched my skin prfectly.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 11:45:00 AM More reviews by ontheglam

Normally I try to wait about two weeks before reviewing a product for the first time in order to make sure I really have a fair opinion, but I can't wait with this- there's no need to.

Wow, this is a really great concealer!!

I purchased this in Fair after also considering the Light and Highlighter shades of this. Light appeared to be a more yellow-based formula, while Fair is more of a pink base. Consider this when you're choosing your shade. I was concerned that the Highlighter shade wouldn't have enough coverage for my super-dark circles, so I didn't purchase it.
Here's what I really like so far: the formula is very thin for a concealer, but the coverage is amazing. I don't have to glob this stuff on- one thin dab with the applicator and then a light blending with my finger is all I need. It isn't sticky at all, and even after setting it with powder, it looks very natural and I can't even tell it's there! Speaking of the applicator sponge: I normally detest applicators because I prefer fingers. The sponge in this, however, does not bother me at all. I think it does a fine job.
This is the best drug store brand concealer I've tried to date, and I'm happy to replace my Neutrogena 3-in-1 with something that costs $4 less. Way to go, Maybelline!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 5:59:00 AM More reviews by annakimla

This is a really good concealer. The under eye area looks bright an younger after applying this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Dlou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't have a huge stash of concealers, but I do have YSL's Touche Eclat, and the Maybelline double-sided one. I bought this because the YSL stuff seems to be more of a highlighter than a concealer, and I needed something that blended more easily. This is amazing, astonishing stuff.

After I put it on, I stood in bright morning light and held up my 20x magnifying mirror, and you couldn't see make-up. All you saw was great-looking luminous skin. The texture is soft and creamy, and I was surprised to love love the sponge applicator; couldn't be easier and it gets the product exactly where I need it. I will buy again and again! And not so sure about my Touche Eclat from now on. . .it's got serious competition. EDIT TO THIS REVIEW: I also had packaging issues and now the cap has broken off, while there's still lots of product. Drag, because I can't put it in my purse. Dropped review from a 5 to a 4 for that.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No