Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

3.8

on 1/16/2013 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG Eye concealer right now. I love this stuff. I have dark under eyes 3 kids will do that to you, and 1 dot of this blended does the trick. I have Light and i have the netralizer and brightner which are also both awesome

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this concealer for an everyday use or even great for a full coverage as well. I purchased every color I am NC35-37 in Mac for ref. The color the I liked the most on me was the Neutralizer. It covers great, it lasts a long time, it does not crease or cake and whats best is that it brighteness under my eyes. The packaging I actually dont mind. I will definetly keep buying this product.

on 1/14/2013 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This concealer is really great! I got medium and it perfectly matches my asian yellow skin tone. Since I only tried a few concealers in my life, I can't say this is my HG because I'm sure there are concealers that give a bit better coverage. But don't get me wrong. The coverage is great, it almost covers my dark circles. I like the consistency; it isn't took think but it's tacky and thick enough. I don't have much to complain about except for the packaging. I think the sponge ball thing is unnecessary. The concealer lasts a decent time, I would say 5 to 6 hours. It doesn't get cakey or crease. Just put powder on top to make it last longer.

on 1/14/2013 11:01:00 AM

I am in the minority but I really adore the sponge applicator for dotting on my circles! This product is a great value; effective, lasts 6 hours, and a nice combination of brightening and concealing. I use the Medium shade on my NC30/C4 skin (I use the Sandy Beige 220 shade in the Instant Rewind foundation) and it is a good match. The texture is slightly fluffy and finishes satiny, but a touch powdery too, which is why it I took off 1 lippie, along with the satisfactory, not impressive, lasting power, but that's acceptable IMO for a $7 prouduct. Other than that, it is a great good DS buy!

on 1/9/2013 9:52:00 AM

The pacakge said people with very dark circles should try the neutralizer shade, so I did. Alone, It does very little to conceal my dark undereye circles. And even when I added my garnier eye roller colour on top, it was no better. This maybe helps with the faintest of dark circles. It does not crease, though, which is nice. Overall though, not very impressive for hiding dark circles or blemishes compared to a covergirl cheapo- lipstick-style concealer.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I've been using this for a while and had been told to use my finger to blend it on to the under eye skin area, as the warmth from my skin would smooth it out and help it blend in. But I have hated to pause my makeup routine and wash the product off my fingers every time, so as not to get any of the concealer on my make up brush. So today, I just dabbed it under my eyes and tried to blend it in with the applicator tip (didn't work), so then I tried using a flat top, densely packed brush and that did wonders! Now I don't have to get the oily makeup on my fingers, and it really makes it look MUCH prettier. So, I recommend this product if you use a brush to blend it.

on 1/4/2013 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

I was pleasantly surprised by this product! In a last ditch attempt to find a decent undereye concealer to fill in till my regular concealer replenishment arrived, I picked this up. I had bough probably 10 different concealers and hated them all...this was one of the few at my local Walmart I hadn't tried. I LOVE IT!! It not only hides my DARK dark circles (thank you genetics!) but it brightens my under eye area, is super light feeling, and blends very well! I am seriously considering replacing my high end undereye concealer with this Maybelline product! It lasted fairly well and didnt cake into my lines and wrinkles...I also inherited my mother's crepe-y undereye skin, and this product had a smoothing effect on those areas. I am curious about the matching foundation now and am definitely going to try it too! My only complaint is the packaging...the "sponge" or "pouf" on top doesn't come off so there is no way to sanitize it...I wouldn't care but it's going terribly close to my eye and could easily become a germ factory. Just going to be super careful, and it's definitely not bad enough to make me not use the product. Yes, I will certainly repurchase!

on 1/2/2013 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Tried the shades Brightener and Neutralizer... Brightener is a pinky highlight color that doesn't do much of anything for me, especially under the eyes. Neutralizer is a yellow-y color that does more for the undereye than the pink but still not impressed. Anyone know of a good concealer for undereyes that isn't super drying, but pigmented, please message me.

on 12/31/2012 9:36:00 PM

I generally like maybelline products, but this one kinda disappointed me. This seemed to be their best rated concealer for undereyes, and I needed one bad! It was rather inexpensive, making it better. I was so excited to get home and test it but it was a dud. The packaging was horrible, I could barely get the makeup out! Plus, I can't return it now that I've opened it :( The covergirl CG smoothers concealer is way better (you can read my review)

on 12/31/2012 3:13:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

AMAZING...

i dont have dark circles but i love the bright-eyed look. i ended up purchasing the illuminator, which is more pinky, and the neutralizer, which is more yellowy. i adore both but i use the neutralizer more because i am more warm yellow toned. the illuminator i use for my inner corner for eyes and brow bones, or if i want more brightness. it blends like butter, never gets cakey, and never creases on me. i recommend using an eye primer to increase longevity and smoothness. a little goes a long way. i dont mind the applicator, i just wipe with a tissue after every use. just dab dab dab and blend with fingers or a brush.

PROS:

- buttery silky texture
- covers and brightens well without feeling cakey
- convenient packaging
- no creasing
- lasts forever
- very blendable

CONS:

- applicator may be unhygenic, so be sure to wipe after each use to minimize contamination
- cant wash applicator

Video Reviews & Tutorials