Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

3.8

on 9/18/2012 7:11:00 AM

I just bought this concealer yesterday and I am still in total shock. Until yesterday, I used to conceal and highlight my eye area this way: after applying my moisturizer, I put on Diorskin Nude concealer, then my foundation (Dior forever foundation), again the Diorskin Nude concealer and then the Clarins instant light highlighting concealer. So yesterday I put on my moisturizer, then foundation, and then this Maybelline concealer and OMG!! My dark circles were completely concealed and my undereye are looked better than with the two high end concealer that I always used! I'm so glad that I bought this concealer (after reading many good reviews) because this one saves me a lot of money and time!

on 9/18/2012 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I like this a lot and I've been using the Light color quite a bit for my undereye circles. I have puffy eyes so sometimes my dark bags are difficult to conceal, but I don't have the "reverse panda-eye" problem with this concealer as much, I guess. I don't like the sponge tip - the packaging says it's "protected with an anti-microbial system" and that you're not supposed to wash it, so I haven't... but it still feels dirty to me.

This concealer doesn't do a 100% perfect job of covering up my dark circles, but no concealer I've ever found has done that. It looks natural and doesn't crease as much, and for that, it satisfies me, and I will probably repurchase for my dark and puffy eyes.

edit: I have two of these, one in Light and one in the Brightener shade. Light gets a three from me, Brightener gets a FIVE because OH MY GOD LOVE IT. Great for concealing eye bags, blend it down below the shadow and it brightens your face right up!

on 9/17/2012 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This stuff is by far the best concealer I've ever gotten my hands on. It even blows Benefit's Boiiing and Erase Paste out of the water. I bought this in the brightener shade and in medium. I use the brightener to cancel out the blue/ yellow/ green/ purple shade under my eyes and then I put the medium shade over it. It has completely won me over because it's not heavy or cakey AT ALL, but at the same time, it's opaque like nobody's business. I'm not crazy about the fact that it's $9.. but it's definitely worth it. I also took a lippie off of the packaging quality because I'm not really a fan of the weird little sponge applicator... seems unnecessary and not very hygienic.

on 9/17/2012 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wouldn't say this is a bad concealer, but it isn't great either. I use the neutralizer and it does an okay job covering my dark circles if paired with another brightening shade. It does crease a lot so I'm constantly smoothing it out with my finger throughout the day. For the price, I've definitely tried much better concealers and probably will not be repurchasing.

on 9/17/2012 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I have to agree with what many reviewers have said about this product. It's a wonderful product iself and it does cover up dark undereye circles. I have very dark hereditary under eye circles and it covers them like a dream. I also use it to spot treat pimples or redness. The deal breaker and reason I would not purchase this product again is because of the applicator. I absolutely hate the sponge (unsanitary) and the clicker dispenses way too much product, making it uneconomical. I can go about three days without clicking that's how much product comes out at once! If Maybelline would fix the packaging and applicator I would gladly repurchase.

on 9/17/2012 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hands down the BEST under eye concealer Iíve ever used. Itís the only product Iíve tried that doesnít cake or accentuate the fine lines around my eyes. I love the sponge-tip applicator as it doesnít tug on the delicate skin around your eyes Ė I know some people question whether or not itís hygienic but I only use it under my eyes on a clean face so I donít worry about it too much and havenít had any problems. It doesnít work miracles here people, and I donít know if any of the fancy anti-aging claims it makes actually work, but it conceals and doesnít look unnatural and thatís all I care about.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10-15 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

This has great coverage, and it stays throughout the day. I purchase it for using as a concealer on my acne scarring and under eye circles. I bought in Light, Fair, and Medium. The Medium is too dark and yellow for me (NW15-NW20).

Fair is perfect for my skin tone. I even tried wearing it on my face and acne scarring, but sadly, it fades off my skin in patches, leaving my red spots for all to see in a few hours. I prefer high end concealers to this, although I love the formula, coverage, and color shade : (

EDIT: I definitely prefer my YSL Touche Eclat or my Estee Lauder Illuminator. Will toss this, as the longevity is nothing comparatively.

on 9/15/2012 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I am NW10 & have this in Neutralizer & Fair. This doesn't give me the coverage I need under my eyes but it works extremely well on redness around my nose. I use the neutralizer on any redness first, then top w/Fair. It blends really well & looks very natural. I'm not super thrilled that my routine now involved 3 concealers (lol) but I guess that's what I get for being so critical of my skin.

I know a lot of ppl don't like the little sponge-thingys but they are almost my favorite part. They apply the concealer so well that you pretty much only need to blend the edges. And its super easy to just swipe on a little more as you go through the day

EDIT: I actually think that just Fair alone works better on my redness than both layered. So, yay for streamlining!!

Update 11/15/13: I finally ran out of this & plan to buy another one. I love this on days when I'm running late/feeling lazy. I put this around my nose, chin, all around eyes & on any blemishes and then blend. It's like a super quick, light, spot coverage foundation. I try to have a fairly minimal collection but I need to have this in my stash

on 9/12/2012 4:40:00 PM

My packaging broke!! So saad :( worked okay, but still creased a bit. Not good for drier skin.

on 9/9/2012 2:37:00 PM

I really wanted to like this product. I believe the product itself works ok but the packaging fell apart after about a week. I can still get some product out by unscrewing the top but it is starting to dry out. The twist up is a nice idea but too many things to go wrong. I was careful to twist gently about one turn each time but then the bottom came off.
I use this in the morning covering up dark circle, I don't need the hassle.

Video Reviews & Tutorials