Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

3.8

on 1/29/2013 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

My main issue is my under eye circles. This works incredibly well for me. I bought the shade Medium, and I'm about a Mac C5 in Face and Body. It's full coverage, but not thick. Highly recommend. The only problem is the packaging; it cracks easily.

on 1/24/2013 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I actually really like this product! :) I have used several drugstore concealers for years, however, never quite found the one for me. I would use concealer and foundation and it seemed like my dark circles were always kind of...un-coverable. Ever since using this product in the shade Neutralizer, it seems to brighten my face and complete the "naturally flawless face' look that I try to go for. This concealer lasts me all day. I walk to my college from my apartment, all around campus, and back to my apartment, and it doesn't budge! Im very glad I got this concealer. :)

on 1/22/2013 10:08:00 PM

This is my first drug store concealer and I have to say I am very impressed! I have extremely dark circles and I have to use bobbi brown's corrector under all my concealers just to get decent coverage. Ever since I picked up this concealer, I have tossed my mufe one to the side. It is a little dry, but a good under eye moisturizer solves that problem. I also really like the consistency. It has a mousse like texture when applied and is very blendable.

on 1/21/2013 1:44:00 AM

I heard rave reviews about this particular product and being a concealer addict myself, I purchased this for a fantastic price in the shade neutralizer. Being so cheap, I assumed it would be an average concealer with little to no coverage, cakey, crazy creasing and no lasting power whatsoever but hell-to-the-no!! This is my all time fave concealer ever now, I can't bear to use anything anything else. The texture is so light and thin but really effective at concealing/minimizing dark circles. I have really dark blue'ish rings underneath my eyes and even if I use a very heavy coverage concealer I find that covering them up is such a task to do. With this product, I have the advantage of neutralizing my circles as well as treating them too, which is always a fantastic bonus (at least, that's what it claims). I can't confirm anything about it legitimately treating dark circle for good but mine are looking much lighter. For $5 this really is a steal deal. Highly recommend it, don't waste your money on big-brand concealers that do average, go for this alternative and see how it goes for you.

on 1/21/2013 12:22:00 AM

Once again MakeupbyTiffanyD has come through with an excellent product recommendation! She raved so much about this undereye concealer that I kept it mind when I made my most recent trip to the drugstore. Having such a bad issue with bags/darkness under my eyes, I really wanted something GOOD. Most concealers merely highlight the problem, bringing more attention to the dark circles because it gets so cakey. So I bought the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circles in the Neutralizer. The first thing I noticed was that the concealer was very yellow-toned; normally that's not a problem because I do have warm undertones, but I hoped it wouldn't be too yellow that it wouldn't conceal my dark circles. To my surprise, it covered REALLY well. It also appeared to reduce the puffiness. My whole eye area looked fresh, young and radiant! The only quibble I have is that because it has one of those twist applicators, it has the potential to push out too much product. However, I DO like the big sponge tip despite how unhygienic it is -- it covers so much area so quickly and blends it so well. Another hit from the drugstore! Will repurchase again.

on 1/20/2013 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Very good concealer, probably the best drugstore concealer i have tried. its very smooth and does not get cakey which i really like. however, it only comes in 3 or 4 shades i think. I got medium which i feel is a bit light but works okay, honey would have been perfect for my skin tone. overall though, its a good product for price.
(my skintone is around NC42).

on 1/20/2013 8:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

It's an average product. It's not too thick & not too thin if a consistency. No fragrance that I notice. Doesn't cause any break outs even if I use on a pimple instead my under eyes. I don't understand why this gets so much hype though. I guess I would repurchase. I have the concealer/treatment not the pink radiant one. I think a lot of product can go to waste once the product is "finished." Because there's product build up on the stick inside of the tube. Average concealer. Nothing special. And I don't know if it actually treats dark circles. Whatever the ingredient is it may not actually be enough or be high enough on the list to make a difference in testing dark circles. I like the sponge & I don't think it collects germs any worse than anything you touch to your face then put back in the product. I've seen some ladies will remove the sponge applicator. I'm not sure their logic behind that. I am sure germs live on all their other products.

on 1/17/2013 1:36:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I got this in the neutralizer shade (yellow tone) and it works well at correcting my under eye circles. I used to mix this with my other concealers like estee lauder's double wear concealer, which is too dry for me. Nowadays i use this alone and it works fine as a corrector cum concealer at covering. The texture is pretty thick, takes a while to blend into my skin which is alittle annoying. A damp sponge would be better than fingers but i both works fine. The coverage i would say is medium.

I really dislike the dispenser, the sponge is very unhygenic, despite what they might claim - that its treated and is anti microbia. Why they can't make it into a tube container which is cheaper and hygenic is beyond me. The sponge is also a real hassle to use, soaks up all the product and i really dislike it. The thought of never washing the sponge for a year just feels disgusting. There are other correctors that don't bug me as much as this so i might not repurchase it because of the packaging.

Overall a good product with terrible packaging.

on 1/16/2013 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG Eye concealer right now. I love this stuff. I have dark under eyes 3 kids will do that to you, and 1 dot of this blended does the trick. I have Light and i have the netralizer and brightner which are also both awesome

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this concealer for an everyday use or even great for a full coverage as well. I purchased every color I am NC35-37 in Mac for ref. The color the I liked the most on me was the Neutralizer. It covers great, it lasts a long time, it does not crease or cake and whats best is that it brighteness under my eyes. The packaging I actually dont mind. I will definetly keep buying this product.

Video Reviews & Tutorials