Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

3.8

on 11/15/2012 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this in "light" for my under-eye (dark circles mainly). For reference, I am matched to MUFE HD's foundation in #120.

Not bad, it certainly does conceal (not completely but enough) and layers a bit easy. For me, easy to blend in with my fingers (prefer method with this product). Dispensing the product is a pain but at least I won't have to deal with a sudden burst of product (...well none so far). It's not too bad. I say no because I'm trying to find a more non-animal testing ones and switching over.

on 11/15/2012 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This concealer cakes up like no bodys bisnuess!
Seriously I thought it was going to be a really good concealer because of all the hype I had heard. I hate it ! Makes my under eye darkness look worse.

on 11/11/2012 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I'm still on the hunt for an effective under-eye concealer. Right now I'm alternating between Bobbi Brown's Creamy Concealer (beige) and this Maybelline Dark Circle Eraser (medium). The Good - I like this over the BB because it doesn't settle into fine lines; also it has a more fluid consistency, whereas the BB is more 'paste-y'; it does it job covering up under eye circles...to an extent. The Not so Good - staying power is not good, esp if you don't set it with a powder; sometimes it leaves a slightly grayish cast; sponge applicator tip gets messy but it definitely could be worse. Would I buy this again? Only if L'oreal wasn't having a sale on their True Match.

on 11/9/2012 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I don't get the hype.

First, the good stuff. The sponge tip is weird, but workable, so I won't complain too much about the package. I like the formula, it's not too runny and not too thick, although it does take a long time to come out of the sponge. The color selection is decent, although I only bought Neutralizer because I figured it'd both brighten and hide my undereye area. (I have fairly grey-blue undereye circles and would've preferred a warmer neutralizer rather than one that is so pink, but oh well.) The product does dry matte after I gently smooth it out under my eyes with my fingerpad, but I do set it anyways.

However, regardless of the colors, this creased on me after a long day at work, while my other undereye concealers (MAC Studio Finish, etc.) do not. I could wear it for a few hours, sure, but for those of us with long work days or spend the good part of our day away from home, I can't spend time worrying about my undereye concealer consistently creasing on me. I tossed this after a few tries. It's a decent product if you need to throw it on in a hurry, but it's a light (read: sheer) concealer at best and doesn't seem to stay well under my eyes.

on 11/9/2012 4:30:00 PM

I have bad undereye circles-all genetic and I had these since I was 12. So I need some serious concealer. Best coverage I got before was with MAC but it creased like crazy. I have been using Maybelline Fit and its fairly good but since everyone was singing praises to this, I wanted to give it a shot.
First off, I HATE the sponge on the end-its simply too big to get in the corners next to your eyes(which is where I have some major darkness) so I had to run my finger over the sponge and then pat it in place. When I am getting ready in the morning, this is one hassle I don't need.
Number two, if you have bad circles, this won't cover all that much as it appears to be much thinner coverage than their Fit concealer. If you only need light concealer coverage, I am sure you will be fine but if you have major things to cover, forget it.
It also appeared to be more cakey than I thought it would be(although I had to apply several layers because one covered nothing) and set it with a bit of powder. It didn't seem to crease much but for me the major issues were lack of coverage and difficulty in application
Btw, I picked the lightest color which I think called Fair. I am super pale(probably around NC 15) so color match was good.

on 11/8/2012 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

I received this in a swap and it just may be the best under eye concealer I have ever tried. I have the shade neutralizer and that is exactly what it does. It neutralizes the really dark areas under my eyes and smooths on really well. I will warn that if you have dry/flaky skin you need to exfoliate well before using or it will look flakey and cakey. I've tried a wide range of high end and drugstore products and one is definitely at the top of my list! I have really sensitive skin and tend to get eczema around my eyes if I use too much makeup, but this hasn't caused any breakouts and it helps give the look of a flawless complexion.

on 11/7/2012 10:03:00 AM

I bought this in shade Neutralizer to help with my dark circles.

Price--good. I think I paid $6 at Target.

Color range--I am a yellow undertone and felt that of all the shades available, the Neutralizer was the best match. I've heard people rave about the Brightener shade, but it looked a bit too pink to me, as did the Light shade, which would have been my other choice.

Packaging--after reading all of the reviews here, I went into this knowing that the sponge-top applicator was really hit or miss, so instead I blot on a bit and use my fingers to smooth it in.

Coverage--prior to buying this, I was using LM Secret Concealer in color #2. While it's a good match for my skin tone, and does a great job concealing, it's a thicker consistency, and I was unhappy with how it settled into fine lines a short while after applying. My skin is pretty dry and I thought perhaps using a concealer that was a bit more liquid might help that issue. So far, I've not run into that problem with Maybelline. I also haven't used this for problem skin areas, and think I would probably use LM over this for anything other than my eye area.

Wear--as far as I can tell, this gets me through my workday, which is about all I need.

Edit 2/2013: I think I've changed my mind about rebuying this. I'm finding that the color is not quite right, and I don't think it does a bang-up job of concealing my dark circles on 8-hour workdays, which is a shame, because I still think stays out of my fine lines better than anything else I own.

on 11/2/2012 1:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I will start this review by first saying: I have an addiction to under-eye concealers. I apply a big fat layer from the sides of my nose up to my temple. Most concealers don't work well when applied in this way (understably..I understand "less is more", I chose to ignore this)... Until I found this concealer. I passed it endless times in the drug store thinking to myself "look at that stupid sponge; let me guess, another 'ground breaking discovery in cosmetic application!'"... Maybelline had a sale, and I figured I'd try it out after I saw the shade ranges. I picked up the Neutralizer which is a yellow-beige 'corrector' tone.
It was my loss for overlooking it due to it's sponge; I could have been using this months before if I hadn't been so judgmental! First off, the sponge is awesome, yes...freakin groundbreaking. It is so precise for such a cute puffy little thing. Great for gliding it in the highlight V then lightly blending out with a damp sponge. Easily build-able for unbeatable coverage - it's so light & comfortable to wear, yet so pigmented. The neutralizer shade is great great for under eye circles, it looks so bright yet natural over my foundation. I loved this product so much, that I bought the Brighten shade as well, I put that bad boy under my foundation, then the neutralizer on top (scary amount, I know..it's all in the blending, I promise my under eyes aren't blinding in direct sunlight.), I have gotten a bunch of compliments on simply 'MY complexion' since I started wearing this..if only they knew.

As for downsides; YES it will settle into fine lines..like all concealers; but it's so light it just takes a tap of a finger to blend it back out. Set it with a translucent powder and you're good to go for the entire day. Also, it is not entirely effective on blemishes, I use a cream concealer for that purpose. But for something clearly labeled under eye concealer, it is efficient in it's intended use. Also..forgot to mention this; for some reason it burns when you apply it, but then after you blend it, the burning goes right away?? I find myself rushing for a sponge to blend and put out the flames; I don't have sensitive skin & this has never happened to me before. I googled it and there is something in the 'Age Rewind' formula that is harmless & common and therefore not too unpleasant for me to give it up.

Overall, I love it. I've repurchased 3x since I bought it. I'm officially a chubby-sponge-applicator-concealer addict. I recommend it :)

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this product!

I have always had trouble finding a concealer I like. It seems that no matter what I use, I end up with the makeup caked on the lighter areas of my eyes and the dark circles still fully exposed. Applying makeup to my dark circles is like water on oil: it just never sticks and covers where it should. I pile on lots of concealer, but the dark circles remain. It's horrid!

Anyhow, this product is not like this at all. It WORKS PERFECTLY for me. I don't know if it's the formula or the applicator or both, but it works! I suspect that the applicator is at least part of the product's success because it seems to work best if I don't try to touch things up or blend with my fingers. Using very little product, I'm able to cover the dark circles. It looks very smooth and natural. It does not sink into the fine lines surrounding my eyes. I look more awake. I can't say enough good stuff about this concealer. It absolutely works for me in a way that no other concealer ever has.

on 10/25/2012 8:38:00 PM

I love this stuff! I bought the Neutralizer shade, because I didn't feel I had a match in the rest of the line. I also wanted something to conceal redness and this was the most yellow of the line. It is the bomb for undereye circles great consistency but pigmented. It's thin but not watery, so it stays put but lets the natural texture of your skin show.

It also does a great job concealing acne redness/scarring. Because of the thinness, it dries quickly over blemishes and doesn't slide right off your face, and the pigmentation covers well. The yellow tone also color-corrects redness. The applicator is ok, doesn't gross me out or anything. I use it to put the concealer on my skin, then I blend it with my finger.

If you are NW/C 10-20, Neutralizer is a good match. I'm around NW20, and when I was tan in the summer, it was too pale.

Video Reviews & Tutorials