Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

3.8

on 7/2/2012 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This stuff is amazing for me. My very pale skin has a blue tinge around my eyes, practically transparent. Its opaque enough to conceal those discolorations with a smooth, creamy finish. I use the lightest shade in a circle around my eyes and it works wonderfully. The packing is kind of odd, it's hard to tell with the twist top and sponge tip applicator how much product is dispensed with each twist of the top, but for the cheap price of the surprisingly effective product you can't expect absolute perfection. The formula is my favorite I've found, it doesn't cake or discolor throughout the day and is gentle enough to use around the fragile eye area without pulling or tugging.

on 6/30/2012 10:12:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

OK, based on all the good reviews here I decided to try this stuff. I'm NC 20 and Fair matches me perfectly. I don't have very, very dark undereye circles but the area under my eyes has kind of receded, leaving a hollowed look. This product applies very smoothly with the sponge applicator; I lightly dab on a few "dots" and then spread gently with ring fingers. Perfect! Brings the hollowed area forward, feels emollient and seems like an all round excellent undereye cover--not thick and doesn't settle into fine lines. I don't think it's meant to cover any red or scarred areas on the face--it's only for the undereye area.

on 6/28/2012 4:38:00 PM

Decent concealer.
Price: ~$11 CAN
Pkg: tube w/sponge ball applicator
Colour: (Fair) neutral pale beige
Pigmentation: medium
It makes my dark circles go away but not completely. And the colour is slightly lighter than it looks inside the tube so be warned. And don't even try to use this on acne. It can cover redness and light acne scarring but that's the extent of it.

on 6/24/2012 8:14:00 PM

I bought this after hearing raves about it on youtube. I have this in both Light (concealer) and the "brightening one (pink/salmon color). First off, let me say that the packaging is very unique!!!! It's a tube that has a anti-microbial sponge top! To dispense the products, you just *click* it. The coverage of this stuff is very good. I am amazed as to how it does NOT settle into fine lines!!! I have very minor fine lines under my eyes, and most concealers tend to exaggerate the appearance of them. This product doesn't!! Provides very good coverage and feels very light and airy! I got this at Walmart for just under $10CDN. You also get a ton of product as well!!

UPDATE - I loved this product so much, I went and purchased the "neutralizer" as well :D

2nd UPDATE - I took off the sponge tip applicator cuz it works a lot better without it. Also, i didn't find the sponge very hygenic even tho it says it's anti-microbial.

on 6/13/2012 5:46:00 PM

this works great! I use this on a lot of my clients, ages 21-50+. All have enede dup purchasing the product themselves! i use on myself as well. It may not have complete coverage, but for day to day it works great! I DO RECOMMEND that is you want full coverage, use a liquid concealer as well (i use prolong wear by MAC) on top of it! its very accessible, by far my drugstore FAVE!

I was so sad to see that Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector had discontinued, it was seriously my favorite concealer ever! but then I decided to give this one a try. First off, the packaging is TERRIBLE. I've heard that some people have ripped the top off, and that it worked nicely, but the sponge tip is such a terrible applicator to the skin. But other than that the product is actually quite nice. Its actually the same as the Instant Age Rewind Double Face Perfector-the concealer part that is. For me, it stays on pretty nicely if i set it with a powder, which ever mattifying powder you like. It covers my acne and acne scars, and it is pretty nice under the eyes. I dont recommend using the sponge to blend it in, but dab where you want it, and use your finger or a brush.
All in all, I really like the concealer, and recommend it if you have acne-prone, redness, and combination skin.
(bought this from target for about $7)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this product! i have really dark under eye circles and it totally eliminates them!

on 5/31/2012 3:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

NOT SUITABLE FOR AGE REWIND COLLECTION
I am surprised that Maybelline has this in their Age Rewind collection. This concealer is a liquid, but seems to be a rather drying formula. It settles into lines and lacks performance. Lightly addresses dark circles. Twist packaging to move product upwards into the sponge applicator. It worked all of twice, then quit :(
Ladies with dry / mature skin, or those who need medium to full coverage - stay away. It is not a good bet for us. Better suited to younger skin that doesn't need much coverage, so why is it in the Age Rewind category at all?!

on 5/24/2012 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This concealer is only good for covering up only slight shadowing around the eyes. If you are a teenager, you may really love this product. But, if you are in your 20s and over, you certainly may not like it so much. n the lines.

This product purely is lacking in the coverage department. Also, I do find its sponge-tip rollerball applicator be more of an actual "con" than "pro", when it comes to applying the concealer. With it, you can't actually layer the product for greater coverage. And, for blending out the product, I find that using a brush is better than using the sponge-tip applicator. The spong-tip applicator actually seems to wipe away some of the coverage instead.

This product failed to impress me. And, as a result, I don't plan to purchase it ever again

on 5/22/2012 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have dry skin and always had a problem with undereye concealers making me look 3x my age by emphasizing lines. On a whim, I bought this and I'm happy I did. I usually twist the thing twice and use a clean ring finger to pat it under my eyes. It blends nicely, doesn't dry out the sensitive skin under your eyes, and the product will last you for months. Although the applicator is useless, I like the product overall. I'd buy it again!

Video Reviews & Tutorials