Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles

3.8

I bought this in the neutralizer shade and was hoping it would be a bit more yellow, however on my MAC NC40 skintone, it was too light and not yellow enough. It does a great job of highlighting and works well as a brightener underneath other concealer. I don't care for the packaging but it's got a great texture, not too liquidy and not to cakey. I will buy the medium shade and hope that it is a better match. The coverage is pretty good!

on 12/2/2012 1:48:00 AM

Even though this is packaged as an under-eye concealer, I use this all over my face to conceal. It is very nicely pigmented. It's creamy but doesn't settle into pores or fine lines much. My one complaint about this product would be that the color selection is pretty limited. I have to blend 20 and 30 together to get the right color to match my foundation.

on 12/1/2012 2:27:00 PM

In the shade "fair". It is the closes thing I've found as a concealer for me. I know that isn't its intended use, but I am PALE, and finding anything that acts as a concealer and blends with my skin tone without looking too tan or dirty is a pain in the butt.

It would be a 5 lippies, but...

I HATE THE PACKAGING. It's perfectly round. SO perfectly round. So if you sit it on any surface that is the tiniest bit uneven, or if there is any breeze in the air, or if there is any slight nudge on your part, it send the tube careening to the floor. It also has this little cap that isn't a screw on and isn't attached in any way. It just pops on and off, barely holding on. I've had it come off in my bag, which makes a mess. But should the tube go careening to the floor in the scenario listed above, the cap will jettison off. It's like it's spring loaded or something. And good luck finding it. I've found it 10 feet away in another room. It must have ricocheted or been kicked around since it's clear and unnoticeable. All this falling and ejecting takes its toll, and sometimes the cap or the inner workings of the container fall apart. Then I resort to ziplock bags to keep it in and q tips to reach down into the tube. I feel so dirty doing it, but finding a concealer that matches me has been impossible.

Seriously. A better cap and just some kind of nubs or grips on the tube to keep it from rolling would make me ecstatic. Maybe it's a conspiracy to make sure you can't get through an entire tube of product?

on 11/25/2012 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Bought this In the shade "neutralizer" hoping to use it as a corrector under my concealer. It's way toooo light. But I do use it on my high light areas before I apply my foundation. Love the formula and packaging. Def would repurchase it, just in another shade.

For reference: I'm nc25-30 and my under eye circles are pretty bad. Currently using covergirl olay's corrector and mac select coverup concealer for them.

on 11/24/2012 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a mixed review on the neutralizer and the concealer.

Pros: I have slight darkness under my eyes but the trouble is more about sallowness and that general tired look your under eyes can get. That being said, I LOVE the neutralizer for topping over my concealer (not age rewind) if I want to look more flawless or just under my eyes if I don't want to wear makeup. The neutralizer totally changes my face. It brightens without taking away a lot of dimension like some concealers can. I always wear this when I go out without having to bother as much with blending or having brushes etc. Also, because it's a one-step process It's so convenient to feel pretty at home with just this product and maybe some tinted lip balm. I also use the neutralizer around my nose to offset redness and a bit on my forehead as a highlighter. The concealer is not impressive. Would not repurchase even if I needed a concealer asap. It have sheer to shitty coverage and the color selection is very limited.

Cons: Incredibly stupid packaging. The sponge-like applicator works surprisingly well (I mean, it's ok and it prevents too much product buildup.) And though the packaging shows how much you have left it also sheds light on the fact that most of the product gunks unto the inside of the case. I use this stuff every day, several times a day and it's affordable but I still want it to last a long time. Other than that it's just a terrible waste.

on 11/20/2012 9:49:00 PM

age-48 skin-dry color-light pale #20
This product does not work well on an older person with any wrinkles. I consider my skin in good shape for my age. This dried out my under eye circles and did not cover well at all. The color was a shade too light. Not happy with it at all.

on 11/20/2012 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i find the maybelline fit me concealer to have better coverage and more of a brightening effect too. it has almost the same really nice texture though.

update.......the neutrilizer shade is much better at covering dark circles..............i was using the fair/light before................but it does say on the packaging to use the neutrilizer first then the concealer...........my bad............

on 11/19/2012 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I bought this a few months ago in neutral I believe, and hated it. I repurchased the treatment concealer one day when I was desperate, and I can't believe how much I like it. I was using Maybelline super stay concealer for my under eyes, and while it has great coverage and the color is awesome, it's cakey and has build up. It also creases, and just isn't worth it in the end. I used this and was amazed, I've tried a lot of things for my under-eyes. I'm really pale (NC10-15) and it's hard to find anything to cover my dark circles. This works better than anything, though nothing is perfect. Definitely HG status for now.

on 11/19/2012 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The color of this concealer is alot like YSL Touche Eclat #1 but the consistency is thicker. I definitley recommend this concealer. It's great for undereye darkness.

on 11/16/2012 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Many people love this concealer so I decided to try. Have to say the finish is lovely, light but good coverage, the shades are lighter than they look in container. I love it until it broke me out. There were several bumps under my eye areas. It took me over a week of no makeup to recover from that. And I have very tough skin to begin with. Definitely NO for me. Glad for anyone who find this concealer works for them.

Video Reviews & Tutorials