Chanel Vitalumiere

3.9

water, ethylhexyl palmitate, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclomethicone, talc, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, propylene glycol, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, disteardimmonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, propylparaben, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, alcohol denat., walnut seed, silica, laminaria digitata extract, glyceryl oleate, sodium hyaluronate, aluminum hydroxide, citric acid, sodium metabisulfate, BHT, licorice extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben.

I found this to be a great foundation for winter when my skin is dry. It blends in easily, dries to a satin finish that I dust lightly with powder, and doesn't accentuate the flakes I sometimes get in colder weather.

The packaging is very san

on 10/20/2003 5:03:00 PM

I'm 42 years old and am almost ready to commit to a foundation. I used to wear Clarins light self-tanner instead of foundation, but it's been discontinued. So I was back on the market, looking for my perfect match. My latest fling was with Armani, which I loved in the store but didn't like when I got home, because it looked like a mask. I gave it another try, with a lighter hand, and liked it again, but felt self-conscious in daylight. After reading some reviews of Vitalumiere, I decided to give it a try, figuring it would be a one-night stand. But two weeks later, I'm still wearing it. I've never worn foundation longer than two days in my life. It looks and feels natural and provides just enough coverage to even out my skin. Could it be I've found the one? P.S. I like a dewy look, but I'm thinking of trying the Armani micro-fil loose powder for that so-called more sophisticated look. I've never bought powder before--always thought it would be too drying. Will I hate it?

on 9/24/2003 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Cool

I've had this on for 5 hours now & what a disappointment! I tried it after trying La Prairie's SC foundation last weekend. The latter gave such a FLAWLESS finish, and Vitalumiere was recommended as almost as good. Hardly!

I did find the perfect colour match, which is difficult for me (#50 Naturel). It looked fab when the SA put it on me too. But it didn't last. After a few hours it seemed to make my dry areas noticeable, and the overall impression was - well, average. Surprisingly average. I keep looking in the mirror expecting it to look better (LOL).

I have good skin, too. It's combo - dehydrated in winter (like now). I expected if anything that I'd get a shiny t-zone with this foundation. This didn't happen. It ended up giving me uneven skin texture (go figure!). I get a better radiant & long-lasting effect from NARS Balanced than from this foundation.

on 8/13/2003 3:10:00 PM

I wish there was an 'undecided' for the would you buy this question! First of all LOVE the pump and even though this is pricey, you only have to use the tiniest amount to cover your whole face because it is cream based. This feels absolutely weightless on and was the perfect hydration for my combo leaning toward dry skin, but there aren't a lot of color options for the lighter skinned girls. This looks great indoors but when I do the (dreaded) check in the car mirror, it was obviously a shade darker than my neck. The MA used Nude, which she said was one of the lightest colors. She also put a dusting of loose powder on top, so perhaps that skewed the color. This is somewhat irrelevant but I have to add: the Chanel MA's are SO friendly and sweet. They really try to help you look your best and listen to your concerns, instead of giving you a hard sell like some MA's. I have had consistently good experiences at my local counter. I'll update in a few more hours to see what I think.

on 8/8/2003 11:32:00 AM

the product is very easy and creamy to put on,the color great, but after 15 minutes my face was an oil slick.

on 7/27/2003 11:53:00 AM

My Holy Grail! This nice, light formula leaves my dry, sensitive skin lightly hydrated, is completely weightless, and the color, Limpide, is very light and a perfect match for my very pale skin. It is such a perfect match, I don't need to apply it all over, only on and near my nose. Even under very strong lights, I can't see where my skin ends and the makeup begins! My only quibble is the pump bottle. I like that it does come in a pump which is more sanitary, but it is easy to pump out too much. Just pump gently, and you should be ok, though. also, it is very expensive at about $50 per bottle,but the color match is perfect for me, and since I use very little, a bottle should go a very long way!

on 7/7/2003 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

UPDATE: This is such a fine foundation, but is too emollient for me. I just have to blot way too often with this on. However, I gave my bottles to my mom, and it looks fantastic on her. great product, but not for my skin. Original review: I had the money to buy a high-end foundation again, and wanted to stay in the Chanel line, which I like. I was using DPF but it was really accentuating dry areas (oily skin has turned into combo). I asked an MA to use this in a makeover instead. I like it! With a dusting of loose powder, I have flawless skin. My mother-in-law commented how I looked like I was glowing--not greasy, but glowing. I do have to touch up with powder or blotting sheets, but the look is still light, fresh, and young.

on 6/24/2003 1:25:00 PM

I finally found my HG, this is the best foundation I ever used. I have a lot of dryness and irritation due to seborrheic dermatitis and this is the only foundation that doesn't acentuate the problem, but hides it perfectly. It makes my skin look glowy and beautiful

on 6/12/2003 8:04:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The BE mineral foundation I use in FL didn't work in Paris; the drier climate wreaked havoc on my normally oily skin. I appeared dessicated. So I checked out this foundation. Fantastic! My wrinkles were put on notice and my skin had that youthy, dewy quality I haven't seen in many years. Like another reviewer, I noticed it didn't accentuate my pores as do so many other so-called anti aging foundations. Packing is the usual elegant Chanel, with a convenient pump that you can choose to dispense more or less depending. Will repurchase.
***UPDATE:
My skin turned drier all of a sudden. Even this foundation wasn't enough for me. I am now mixing about a half pump of this with a full pump of my Olay Regenerist Lotion. The glow this has given to my skin has gotten me so many compliments. Dry skinned girls must try this! Also stretches out the foundation a bit.

on 6/4/2003 8:07:00 PM

THis is a very good oil based foundation. Not only it will stay on all day without changing color. It makes you look natural,with medium to full coverage. I really like it a lot, cause no matter where you are, outdoor, indoor, at night or in the club, it really adjust itself to every where you are. (Some foundation with full coverage, but makes you look like a ghost, cause you might have to put on very thick layer to get the same result).