September 22, 2014 | 1214 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2003 11:14:00 PM More reviews by Jazzie

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this foundation!!! Goes on smooth, flawless & spreads well. It melts into my skin & doesn't enhance pores. I have recieved many compliments as it gives a nice glow, isn't cakey & I don't look like I am wearing foundation just beautiful skin. I love that it comes in a pump.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2003 5:08:00 PM More reviews by sasha

I had a makeover at the Neiman Incircle event at the Chanel counter and was surprised when they chose this foundation to use on me. I have combination skin, with an oily t-zone, senstive, acne prone, etc. The morning of the makeover I looked pretty haggard as I had not gotten much sleep the night before (out late with DH). Anyway, once they applied this I looked like I had just come back from a vacation - rested, smooth skin. Set with loose powder this foundation really wears well. During the day I use blotting papers and pressed powder to touch up a couple of times (this is with any foundation I wear) and this stands up very well. Best of all, my skin looks refreshed with this. Well worth the money, and a little goes a long way. Medium coverage I would say, but looks very natural on. Also, the colors are different from their other foundations, so trying before buying is a must.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2003 1:18:00 AM More reviews by goldwindgoldens

I bought this foundation in Cameo and apply with a foundation brush - it is FABULOUS - almost perfection. If there is a better foundation, I have not found it. It covers as much or as little as you want and it gives a dewy, not greasy look that lasts all day. LOVE IT! - Sherry

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2003 11:26:00 PM More reviews by jj28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The full coverage is natural and gives me a glowy look. But its wear and durability is disappointing. It will not work on combo/normal skin. It is not oil free, but I expected better. It started creasing and becoming greasy as throughout the day. I thought it would have worked during the cooler months, but it did not. Now, I only use this for a night out or when I'm not looking for long wear. But the finish is truly something to rave about, as is the color selection. Dry or mature skins seeking coverage might like this.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2003 2:41:00 PM More reviews by sleepyjuless

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried this foundation and was disappointed with the results. I was recommended the colour Limpide(10)which is the lightest, unfortunately this was too dark for my pale skin. I found the coverage good but by lunchtime my face was shiny all over. Definitley more suitable for a drier skin. Overall nothing special for the price.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2003 1:09:00 PM More reviews by suziew

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Provides only light/medium coverage so not good for spotty/uneven skin. Also, not good for oily/combination skin as made my combination skin quite greasy. However, I did use this when my complexion was good and it really does make a good complexion look better. Unfortunately all the light reflecting pigments seem to make my zits stand out even more!! I think would great though on normal/dry/mature skin which doesn't need heavy coverage. Excellent packaging, nice bottle with clean pump dispenser.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2003 7:51:00 PM More reviews by Pippin

I certainly expected more from such a prestigious brand of make up....this was worse than the old cakey colorstay make up IMO. Well this foundation looked AWFUL on me - thick, heavy and masklike and made my skin look rough and dry as well. Yuk! It felt like cement and looked like it too. So glad I got a sample before buying it! Will stick to my Lancome Photogenic or Revlon Skinlights Tint which suits my very fair combo 31 yr old skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2003 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Melsh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I liked this Foundation, although the color selection could be better. That is why I gave it a 4. I have pale to light skin and wish they had a better color match. This is also smooth blending which is a big plus.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/3/2003 9:37:00 AM More reviews by CoverModel

I had a generous sample of this foundation and I tried it.
I am disappointed in this product and I was expecting much more: it didn't provide good coverage,the shade was more of an orange color and I just wasn't impressed overall.
Not worth the price. Maybe the cream version is better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2003 7:24:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have normal/combo skin and was worried that this foundation's oil content would be too moisturizing and cause me to be oily sooner. But in fact, it kept me matte all day and I didn't even have to use powder. I don't know if it's the same logic behind Dr. Hauschka's Normalizing Day Oil for oily skins that actually regularizes the sebum production and keeps oily girls [more] shine-free. This foundation has an awesome satin sheer to medium finish. I had been using Chantecaille Real Skin for when I want to look best and this is definitely comparable. It beats Calvin Klein, Nars, and Stila Illuminating. Definitely worth purchasing even if you do have more than handful foundations in your makeup drawer!