Chanel Vitalumiere

3.9

water, ethylhexyl palmitate, neopentyl glycol diethylhexanoate, cyclomethicone, talc, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, propylene glycol, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, glycerin, butylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, methylparaben, disteardimmonium hectorite, disodium stearoyl glutamate, polyglyceryl-3 beeswax, propylparaben, tocopherol, lecithin, ascorbyl palmitate, glyceryl stearate, alcohol denat., walnut seed, silica, laminaria digitata extract, glyceryl oleate, sodium hyaluronate, aluminum hydroxide, citric acid, sodium metabisulfate, BHT, licorice extract, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben.

on 7/27/2003 11:53:00 AM

My Holy Grail! This nice, light formula leaves my dry, sensitive skin lightly hydrated, is completely weightless, and the color, Limpide, is very light and a perfect match for my very pale skin. It is such a perfect match, I don't need to apply it all over, only on and near my nose. Even under very strong lights, I can't see where my skin ends and the makeup begins! My only quibble is the pump bottle. I like that it does come in a pump which is more sanitary, but it is easy to pump out too much. Just pump gently, and you should be ok, though. also, it is very expensive at about $50 per bottle,but the color match is perfect for me, and since I use very little, a bottle should go a very long way!

on 7/7/2003 12:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

UPDATE: This is such a fine foundation, but is too emollient for me. I just have to blot way too often with this on. However, I gave my bottles to my mom, and it looks fantastic on her. great product, but not for my skin. Original review: I had the money to buy a high-end foundation again, and wanted to stay in the Chanel line, which I like. I was using DPF but it was really accentuating dry areas (oily skin has turned into combo). I asked an MA to use this in a makeover instead. I like it! With a dusting of loose powder, I have flawless skin. My mother-in-law commented how I looked like I was glowing--not greasy, but glowing. I do have to touch up with powder or blotting sheets, but the look is still light, fresh, and young.

on 6/24/2003 1:25:00 PM

I finally found my HG, this is the best foundation I ever used. I have a lot of dryness and irritation due to seborrheic dermatitis and this is the only foundation that doesn't acentuate the problem, but hides it perfectly. It makes my skin look glowy and beautiful

on 6/12/2003 8:04:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The BE mineral foundation I use in FL didn't work in Paris; the drier climate wreaked havoc on my normally oily skin. I appeared dessicated. So I checked out this foundation. Fantastic! My wrinkles were put on notice and my skin had that youthy, dewy quality I haven't seen in many years. Like another reviewer, I noticed it didn't accentuate my pores as do so many other so-called anti aging foundations. Packing is the usual elegant Chanel, with a convenient pump that you can choose to dispense more or less depending. Will repurchase.
***UPDATE:
My skin turned drier all of a sudden. Even this foundation wasn't enough for me. I am now mixing about a half pump of this with a full pump of my Olay Regenerist Lotion. The glow this has given to my skin has gotten me so many compliments. Dry skinned girls must try this! Also stretches out the foundation a bit.

on 6/4/2003 8:07:00 PM

THis is a very good oil based foundation. Not only it will stay on all day without changing color. It makes you look natural,with medium to full coverage. I really like it a lot, cause no matter where you are, outdoor, indoor, at night or in the club, it really adjust itself to every where you are. (Some foundation with full coverage, but makes you look like a ghost, cause you might have to put on very thick layer to get the same result).

on 4/21/2003 11:14:00 PM

I LOVE this foundation!!! Goes on smooth, flawless & spreads well. It melts into my skin & doesn't enhance pores. I have recieved many compliments as it gives a nice glow, isn't cakey & I don't look like I am wearing foundation just beautiful skin. I love that it comes in a pump.

on 4/13/2003 5:08:00 PM

I had a makeover at the Neiman Incircle event at the Chanel counter and was surprised when they chose this foundation to use on me. I have combination skin, with an oily t-zone, senstive, acne prone, etc. The morning of the makeover I looked pretty haggard as I had not gotten much sleep the night before (out late with DH). Anyway, once they applied this I looked like I had just come back from a vacation - rested, smooth skin. Set with loose powder this foundation really wears well. During the day I use blotting papers and pressed powder to touch up a couple of times (this is with any foundation I wear) and this stands up very well. Best of all, my skin looks refreshed with this. Well worth the money, and a little goes a long way. Medium coverage I would say, but looks very natural on. Also, the colors are different from their other foundations, so trying before buying is a must.

I bought this foundation in Cameo and apply with a foundation brush - it is FABULOUS - almost perfection. If there is a better foundation, I have not found it. It covers as much or as little as you want and it gives a dewy, not greasy look that lasts all day. LOVE IT! - Sherry

on 4/12/2003 11:26:00 PM

The full coverage is natural and gives me a glowy look. But its wear and durability is disappointing. It will not work on combo/normal skin. It is not oil free, but I expected better. It started creasing and becoming greasy as throughout the day. I thought it would have worked during the cooler months, but it did not. Now, I only use this for a night out or when I'm not looking for long wear. But the finish is truly something to rave about, as is the color selection. Dry or mature skins seeking coverage might like this.

I tried this foundation and was disappointed with the results. I was recommended the colour Limpide(10)which is the lightest, unfortunately this was too dark for my pale skin. I found the coverage good but by lunchtime my face was shiny all over. Definitley more suitable for a drier skin. Overall nothing special for the price.