August 1, 2014 | 890 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 9:31:00 PM More reviews by kupo_baby

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Yay! New HG!! Applies nicely, flexible brush makes it easier to reach inner lashes, not too thick or clumpy and doesn't leave my lashes brittle. Plus super cute tube

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by missmelodyskye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I think this is a great drugstore mascara. At first, I didn't have high hopes for it because I've tried (literally) almost all of Maybelline's mascaras and have hated them all. This lengthens, volumizes, and curls my lashes. Sometimes it can be slightly clumpy, but if you work with it a little, the clumps go away. The only dislike I have is that it seems to build up on my upper waterline a little and can feel like "something" is in my eye, but that doesn't happen everytime I use it and the feeling goes away after awhile.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/6/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by clinicalcolostomy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this mascara, and I was really eager to try it, but when I applied it, it did absolutely nothing to my lashes. They didn't even look darker, and I had purchased it in "Blackest Black." I layered Pulse Perfection over it and it looked much better, but I'm running low on that mascara, and since it's discontinued, I won't be able to get more. Therefore this mascara was a complete waste, since there's no other way for me to make this mascara work.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2011 6:08:00 AM More reviews by eyes4you

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mascara, finally I found a good one. Best thing is that it doesn't smudge on me, I have oily eyelids.
Next best thing, it gives my lashes super volume!!!!!
You need a few layers.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by oxnicoleox3

I love this mascara! I was praying it wouldn't be like the falsies, and it wasn't! It really separates my lashes while thickening them and lengthening them. It makes me look like I have a hundred lashes! It's one of the best mascaras for lower lashes too. It just opens my eyes. I have several mascaras that I rotate and I found myself wanting to use this everyday! Some people say this clumps their lashes, but I think the trick is to apply one coat, and not overdo it. If you keep applying for some time is when it clumps up.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/4/2011 11:21:00 AM More reviews by kaylerina

I've been in love with Lancome Definicils for a few months but at $34 a tube, my budget doesnt allow that type of purchase often as I just bought a new car.
My sister was wearing this - her lashes looked SO long! I asked what she was wearing and she showed me. So I popped into my local Walmart after my beloved Definicils ran out and purchased a tube of this. Normally for my drugstore brand I run to Lashblast but I thought what the heck try something new. Let me tell you, at just under $7 Canadian, this is a pretty good mascara. No flakies after an 8 hour work day and an hour commute both ways.... makes your lashes look very long. I wouldnt say it volumizes a whole lot but the brush gets every lash. For those who need a lengthening and defining mascara and don't want to splurge this is a good choice. I might get the waterproof one as well since summer is in full swing!
*EDIT* Well I have had this for one month and it is really starting to dry out... although my sister's tube is still going strong and hers is about 2 weeks older than mine. I would still re purchase because of the price, and maybe I got unlucky and got one that was already slightly dry. Oh well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Purchased yesterday, so far so good. Good results with two coats. Nice volume, the brush pulls thru the clumps, so my lashes are nicely defined. I actually like this better than CG LB. The brush is easier to use and the formula is better. I would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 2:24:00 PM More reviews by Sierra0001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this mascara! This is my second purchase, and plan to be purchasing again once this tube runs out. I love this mascara so much not only because it does what it claims but because it doesn't smear, dries at a good rate (not too slow that I have to worry about leaving the house with wet lashes but not so fast that I can't fix mistakes) and I love that. I'll never replace this with any other mascara. Ever. The volume and length is awesome for my short, stubborn lashes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by librariandiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow! I was really impressed by how well this works!
I don't usually like to buy drugstore mascaras because the formulas (and the brushes) tend to be cheap and do nothing for my skimpy , straight lashes. I've been loyal to BareEscentuals Buxom mascara for a couple of years now and didn't think I'd find anything that would work as well on my lashes as Buxom does. This one by Maybelline may just replace it. I was attracted to the unique brush at first, and then the claims, thought I'd give it a try since there was a sale at CVS that I took advantage of. It's sold with the brush seperated from the tube so you can appreciate its cute pink rubbery bristles before you plunge it into the tube and make it black forever. It goes on very smooth and clean and does not clump at all! I didn't believe it til I tried it , but the claims are true! Does a great job of seperating every lash and lengthens them impressively. I wouldn't say it curls well, but the I always use a lash curler anyway. Has a perfumey smell but I don't know if all Maybelline mascaras smell like this or if its just this formula. I was surprised because I have been disappointed with every Maybelline mascara I've tried in the past (great lash, the colossal, the falsies) that have made claims of greatness. I think Maybelline has got it right this time. I just hope it sells enough to keep it on the market because I'm definitely going back to this one again and again! I would even say this performs BETTER than Buxom in that I get a much cleaner application overall, no smudges on my lid from the end of the brush (my one criticism of Buxom's brush) . Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by msitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very sensitive allergic eyes...very picky about mascaras. This one is a keeper! I usually have to buy waterproof but not in this mascara! The regular is awesome. No flaking, no racoon eyes, etc. It goes on smooth and separates every lash.
Love it!