April 20, 2014 | 1018 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - One by One Volum' Express

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2011 11:24:00 AM More reviews by josette

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best "drugstore" low priced mascara I have ever found. I got the NON Waterproof - so that is comes off easily with a cotton pad and my usual Neutrogena non oily eyemakeup remover.

My other favorite mascara is MAC Plush Lash - they are both superb but this one cost about $7 vs. $14.50.

I have not found smudging or flaking issues and also One By One makes my eyelashes look LONGER -- YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gives some volume too.
I purchased it at Target and always use an eyelash curler too - Shiseido.

My own lashes are very straight and of average length - this mascara makes them look almost like false eyelashes, but not quite.
I use 2 coats and sometimes a third if I use a metal lash comb.

How aggravating that my hair is frizzy/curly/thick and yet my eyelashes are so straight......

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2011 1:39:00 PM More reviews by kitajenn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is an unbelievably good mascara for a drugstore brand. I get excellent definition, separation and length for easily a quarter of the price of department store brands.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by hanna0319

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this mascara!

I first stumbled upon the sister mascara version of Maybelline Volum' Express Falsies Drama when it was released here. I always prefer my mascaras to have a very wet formula, and I was highly satisfied with that in the Falsies. But, and that's a big but. I soon started to hate the brush! At first it was fine but it is simply way too soft and fiddly to work with, and doesn't provide the control I need on my babysoft but somewhat long lashes.

Ladies, Maybelline amended any flaw there is with the other Volum' Express mascaras when they gave us the One by One! I was so surprised and in awe from the moment I tried it.
At first glance the rubber brush might look a bit too bulky, but it is easy to get right into the corners and work with. It gives the most defined, long, voluminous lashes, doesn't clump and works well to layer up. The rubber brush is amazing, and the packaging makes me happy everytime I put the makeup on for the day. :)
I am so glad I finally found a volumising mascara that doesn't give the impression to shorten the lashes at the same time it plumps them up as many others do, in my opinion.
I warmly recommend this one! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/8/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by WildflowerRuby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

This mascara is just... not that good. It doesn't work *that* well for me. I mean, it's okay, but I've used better mascara.
The separation isn't *so* great, I don't get enough volume, and I don't know about the length since I have long lashes anyways. But I think it does lengthen a bit.
I won't repurchase - My MAC mascara works a bit better anyways and MAC doesn't test on animals.
~~BUT the wand is preeettyy cool! I *love* it! I will definitely save it up as a spoolie (wash & preserve it) when my tube's done. And the smell of roses brings back memories from when I first got this ;}

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 1:52:00 AM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Best non-waterproof mascara I've had so far! Obviously the brush suits all three of my short, straight, blonde eyelashes. I didn't get spider's legs, but the difference between au naturel and coloured in was spectacular, in my books. I only managed to rub a bit off - for me that's not too bad. Will try the waterproof when I can get it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by DineyDoll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this mascara. I've been religiously using Maxfactor False Lash effect but after I went to Superdrug to get some more, I couldn't find any and I was desperate. That's where I found this mascara as it was #1 mascara at the time so I thought why not.
When I first used it I was definitely impressed. My lashes are naturally thick and long and I always get complimented on them, so this mascara just accentuated that.
It leaves your lashes looking curvier, thickier and a lot longer and it stays on for a long time. Plus it's really cheap! I think I bought it for around 9. I personally think it's better than designer mascaras by YSL, Clinique and Dior.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by SimplySweetness

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely LOVE this mascara. I have used a few brands of drug store mascaras but always seem to go back to a Maybelline brand. Out of all of them, this is my favorite. I have never had an issue with clumping and it makes my lashes look fuller and longer after 2 coats. It doesn't stay wet long, which I like. I have also never had a problem applying and getting it on my eye shadow or below my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by RicheleBarbie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the results the mascara gives, amazing length & volume BUT this mascara flakes like crazy! ive never had a mascara that flaked so much, its awful

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by saraluvsduckies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Rly gr8 mascara one of my faves takes 4ev 2 come off looked amazing

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 1:18:00 AM More reviews by emiley760

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I REALLY loved this mascara! Not only did it add length, but it also added a little bit of volume! My eyelashes are extremely short, so I praise this product! Great for people with short eyelashes!