November 24, 2014 | 1366 users online

Liquid - Chanel - Vitalumiere Aqua Ultra-Light Skin Perfecting Makeup SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Ultrapink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Absolutely love this stuff. I've got medium to tanned combination oily t-zone skin and I don't need too much coverage. I'm a
MAC: NC 30-35 (a tad yellow for me)
Nars SG: Barcelona (not as yellow but still a little bit) so when I decided to give this foundation a try I was among this three:
VA B40
VA BA40
VA B50
I did not consider BR40 because I have warm to golden undertone, and this one is definetely too pinky.
BA40 was too dark, good for closer months to summer, but not during next months, B50 was almost perfect but after a couple of hours it oxidized in a darker way and I found it kind of yellowish. Then I finally tried B40 and I fell in love. In the beginning I thought it was a bit light, but when I put on my laguna bronzer and a touch of blush I saw it: yeah man, this is the perfect match!
It looks beautiful. Velvety satin finish but definitely glowy not dewy though.
Yes, it is like a second skin, and I don't find my t-zone look oily even after 10 hours. It feels like you have nothing on your skin and I did not had breakouts either.
It's expensive, yes, but its worth the price, however, I don't like the plastic bottle, it seems to be a cheap product! Even though, it's really useful if you travel a lot.
Anyway, I think this is a great foundation, at least the best I've found after trying Nars, Mac, MUFE, Estee Lauder, Dior...if you're looking for a medium to light coverage and a natural satin finish, if not, you'll need much product or you'll find it a little matte.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/25/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by zvirbalas

I had shades B20 and B10.

Pros:
-lightweight
-dosnt clog pores
-dewy finish
-easy to apply

Cons:
-sometimes emphasizes dryness around nose
-doesn't work well with all creams, with some it just doesnt sink in (even if I wait ~15 min. after cream application). Doesn't work well with Bioderma pore refiner.
-sometimes it just flows away from my skin
-alcohon in the ingredients list
-oxidizes a little bit

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 6:52:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Far from resulting in a 'natural' look (as marketed by Chanel), this product instead tended to sit on top of the skin thereby creating an unwanted, definitively 'made-up' look. To make matters worse, there was also some product separation, which led to product sitting in and emphasising pores. So all in all, not a good look!

Disappointing from Chanel, from whom you can usually expect better results on the foundation front.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2011 8:25:00 PM More reviews by ambientdreams

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After years of using Bare Escentuals, which is great, I decided I wanted to find my HG liquid foundation. For reference, I'm an NC30-35 with normal skin. I've tried Laura Mercier TM, Smashbox HD Healthy FX, MUFE HD, Clinique, and Dior, and they either oxidized on me, didn't have an exact color match, or I didn't notice any difference...until I tried Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua! A makeup artist used this on me and I could not believe how dewy, glowy, and beautiful my skin looked. (Color: B40) The only negative thing I could find was that you have to shake it before using, otherwise it will come out watery and spill all over. When I was trying the other foundations, I would think "why do people pay so much for these products when they don't do anything?" Now, I totally understand. Foundations are like dating...you need to try a ton of them before finding the right one!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Sarz_1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using Chanel foundations since I was in my late teens early twenties. Occassionally I would switch to other brands just to see if there was anything better for me out there, but always coming back to Chanel because their products don't make my skin go crazy. My daily go to foundation is the Chanel Vitalumiere Eclat Powder Foundation.

For reference, I've got combination/acne-prone, reactive skin.

Unfortunately, this foundation was the first one that has ever broken me out and also made my skin super unbalanced.

I tried this because of the amazing reviews it got on here and by other bloggers.

Sadly, after using this for one day (with my usual Chanel pressed powder) I noticed my skin was considerably dry (almost parched) like the moisture had been sucked out of my skin. I thought maybe it could have just been me not moisturising my skin enough that day so I gave it a good three days to see how it went. Well, it didn't improve and my skin went from being clear to crazy. Spots everywhere and very dry in some areas, and in others super oily - not my usual combo skin which I've managed to finally get under some level of control.

I suspect, as others have, the alcohol content in this product didn't agree with me - hence the drying.

It's sad, because I really do love Chanel makeup, but I'll stick for now with the foundation powder (and hope they don't discontinue it!) and my MUFE Mat + on nights out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

UPDATED REVIEW* This is an epic fail. The more I used this, the less I liked it. I get a much more beautiful and natural look using a heavier, creamier foundaiton (or concealer) sparingly and topping up with Chanel powder. B20 was not yellow enough for me, though it is an acceptable match. The foundation is even sheerer than I expected, seriously more like a tinted moisturiser. Only the finish is more matte than the average TM. The effect is like a soft-focus filter: the skin (and its imperfections, freckles etc.) still show, but less so. It does however still look like makeup - no holy grail there.

This would work for a no-makeup look for people who have nothing to cover. However it also demands a perfectly soft and smooth skin because is highlights dry areas. Finally its supposed to be buildable, but when I tried to apply a second (thin) layer I lose the natural look and it starts to look cakey. A more pigmented product, applied thinly, is much more effective.

What really kills it for me is that it simply does not last. Im not even oily, more combination skin. By noon I *really look like Im not wearing anything. And not in a good way! Simply infuriating, given how expensive this stuff was. (Note: another foundation that disappeared off my face was Lancome Photogenic Lumessence. I loved the finish - at least as pretty as Vitalumiere Aqua! - but it did not stick around.)

I am also concerned about the alcohol content, given that alcohol (the denatured kind) is a seriously bad ingredient for skin. It seems to be in a lot of the new foundations! Why.
Finally Im also not in love with the price.

A note on the packaging. It is plastic, and tiny, so very travel friendly unlike the heavier glass bottles. I had to double-check that the glass bottle and the tiny plastic one actually contain the same amount of product! (Just goes to show how deceiving the glass bottle is.) However, bonus points for practicality.

So: given the extreme lack of coverage while not having a perfect finish; lack of lasting power; and very expensive price - I will not buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by ElektraS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation, but I find it too powdery for my skin! I wear it in B10 and I think it is slightlys too yellow, I should probably have bought the BR10. I apply it with my Sigma f80 for a medium coverage and I think that it works really well. It looks really natural but still covers. My only complaint is that it looks a bit powdery at the end of the day, (without primer), I am now going to buy the, "blanc de chanel-primer" and see if that helps me. Anyone with any experience with that primer combined with this foundation?

EDIT: I bought the chanel vitalumiere aqua compact, it works sooo much better for my dry skin!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2011 5:58:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am so pissed! I totally love this foundation. I like how you blend and blend and blend it into your skin and it disappears yet making you look radiant. But it broke me out. So will not repurchase

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2011 8:30:00 PM More reviews by WakeUpInMakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this foundation for the first 3 hours after application. After that, it's doesn't hold up very well on my very oily skin. Also, I have a slight allergic reaction to the perfume in this.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by ilovemarilyn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was so excited to try this, but I should have known better. My skin is so sensitive, and I think the alcohol in this is what made it sting a little bit. The color match was great. I'm NW20 and the B20 was a nice neutral-tone that melted into my skin. I'm learning that I really don't like glowy foundations, since I have uneven skin from acne scarring. The slightly dewy finish is not flattering on me. It's easy to apply and I can see why so many people like it, nice coverage, looks like you're not wearing makeup, but it wasn't for me.