October 24, 2014 | 1674 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2011 12:27:00 PM More reviews by suzanne1993

I love this foundation! I had been using the Rimmel Stay Matte which gave hardly any coverage so I was super pleased that this foundation had a medium coverage to help cover up my spots and redness. Another good point is I found it really easy to spread across my face and one pump of foundation is enough to cover alot of skin.
It stays really well and can last me throughout the day. Not sure if it lasts a full 25 hours, that's debatable, but it does last throughout a working day!
Not very keen on the packaging for this foundation. I don't like glass bottles and it's hard to get the foundation out with the pump when there's less of the foundation inside. And it can come out really quickly so be careful!
On the plus, the price is really cheap and it gives great coverage for my pale skin so I would recommend to anyone who wants good coverage without being too thick at a good price :)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by supergal197

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I did not like this foundation at all. First off, i have two of the shades, both too dark for me and look either grey or orange in contrast to my skin. I can not stand the feel of this on my skin, it feels very thick and heavy. It makes my skin look dry since i am prone to dehydrated skin, and looks cakey. The only good thing about this is that it does give you good coverage, and lasts pretty long, but that is not worth all the cons it gives me.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2011 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Tetteala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this foundation from the good reviews I've read. Upon looking at the shades, I realized my shade does not come close to the five on the shelf. I have the shade in 202 and its a little too dark for me. Upon application I realized it gives a dewy finish, which meant I needed to set it with a powder or else I would turn into an oil slick. I was pleasantly surprised with the coverage of this foundation, and the lasting power. I dont know who would wear makeup for 25 hours, but for a long hard day's work, this foundation stayed put. Now, here's where the trouble started. Usually I get extremely oily around my t zone, ad I rely on both my foundation and powder to maintain the oils surging underneath my skin. In about 3 hours my face was oily, and by nightfall, I broke out in cystic acne around my chin!
The packaging is nice; I do like the plastic tube, making application of the product easier than a glass jar, but the foundation is too runny for my liking and when I first got this, it was hard to find the right one that hadn't been touched.

I would recommend this foundation for people with normal to dry skin, because it seems to be more of a foundation with moisurizers in it. Though it stayed on my skin throughout the day, it did not deliver what I wanted in a foundation. Not a matte finish, quite dewy, and I was shiny within a few hours.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by igimmeMAKEUP

I have dry/sensitive skin & i'm really skeptical about foundations and concealers cus i'm worried they'll accentuate my dry spots or break me out. I also have acne scars that I want to hide so I was searching for an atleast decent foundation that'll conceal them.
When I saw this, I wasn't expecting a whole lot, but wow. This is pretty awesome. I got mine in 102 warm ivory and it's a freaking crazy perfect color match for me. Don't be alarmed by the orangish color outside the packaging; that's not it's true color on your face. It conceals redness without drying my skin and it's moisturizing! Which is a total plus. I also love love love the dewy finish it leaves. It makes your skin look moist, not oily. & it lasts the whole day! So yayyyy
Oh and one really bad thing is the tube packaging. It spills out too much and I hate wasting product.

Overall, go buy this, people who have dry acne skin! Recommend fer suree

EDIT: I don't like how this kind of 'sits' on my skin. I could actually see the foundation and it dosent sink in. Very disappointed since I thought it was going to be my HG foundation. Def changed my mind about this one. Don't recommend

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2011 8:39:00 PM More reviews by ImaJedi

Truly the worst foundation I have ever used. The actual formula separated on my face. From far away, my face looked like I had just oiled up, but luckily, I took my 3x magnifying mirror and noticed that the oil from the foundation was SITTING on my skin. I wiped it off & noticed my actual skin wasn't oiling up or anything. It was this thing making my face looked horrid.

Not to mention this happened in the first hour or two of using it. TERRIBLE. Returned it after about 5 uses.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by misakiichii

blech. i'm super surprised to see all of the positive, glowing reviews on here. this wore on me similarly to how estee lauder double wear looks on me--it looks glowing and great from far away, but up close, it's a CAKEY mess. on the plus side, it does offer a decent amount of coverage. does it last 25 hours? i couldn't say... but i will say that it lasted about an hour before it oxidized a sad, sad, shade of orange on me.

the finish is close to satin, and when you put this on, you can definitely feel like you're wearing foundation. it's very "sticky" and it feels like it takes FOREVER to dry. for $4, i knew not to expect much... but yikes. i'm going to try to sheer this out with lotion to see if i like it better as a tinted moisturizer since i HATE wasting money... but i would never wear this out into the daylight. too mask-like and cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Tamsins

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually really like this foundation. I bought it on impulse as I was sick of my Bourjois looking too yellow and wasn't really expecting much. It is quite 'thick' but blends really well and does actually last a long time, definitely through a working day, which will do for me! The colour maches are good for me, I'm an NW20 (on the lighter side) in MAC and I wear 100. I like the finish, although I don't think it would be suitable for very oily skin. In the UK it comes in a sturdy glass bottle with a pump and so I rate the packaging highly for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 8:22:00 AM More reviews by minax

I couldn't find a good color match for this in the shades they had at the shop so I bought 100 and 201 and mix the two. I have dehydrated skin so I like the creamy texture. It lasts most of the day, it fades a bit over time but not enough that I feel the need to reapply makeup. I like the packaging a lot, it comes in an unbreakable tube and is easy to travel with. Coverage is full to start with and then fades to medium during the day. I use it only where I really need cover otherwise I get the flat look that others have commented on. Does not break me out or irritate or dry out my skin like some other long wear foundations I have tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/23/2011 5:15:00 AM More reviews by oatmealcupcake

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Whats up with the bad reviews? this foundation is dewy and full coverage so you wiill get that "heavy look" if you apply too much. The best way to apply this is using a foundation brush.

what rimmel has done is repackaged it. its the same as lasting finish 16 hour. cosmetic companies do this all the time to keep up with sales and other brands. however having said that, there are some really small minor changes:

* the ingredients in the 25 hour one is slightly different to the 16 hour one. i say its 95% identical to the 16 hour one. very minor changes. but the 25 hour one has almost the same finish**: medium/full coverage, semi matte, dewy, shiny, my shade 200 soft beige is still the same.

**the finish is slightly (and i mean slightly) less sticky and shiny. the 16 hour one was heaps shiny and sticky and you had to set it with loose powder otherwise it would look horrible with powder. it has a more lightweight feel.

so if you love the 16 hour one, you will love the 25 hour one. this is a great drugstore foundation if you set it with powder and i can see why rimmel is wanting to repackage it to make it better.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2011 4:36:00 AM More reviews by WhateverForever

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Oh my god this sucks so bad,It's weird sometimes its liquidy and takes forever to dry and sometimes it's creamy + thick and dries up really fast as for coverage its barely a notch above tinted moisturizer