July 25, 2014 | 1532 users online

Liquid - Rimmel - Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 3/17/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by SabrinaWoods

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

An ok foundation, coverage isn't enough for me, good lasting power though.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by wnkwnkndgndg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I saw this product on my sister's bathroom counter and thought it looked interesting since it claims to last 25 hours. Of course, I never keep my makeup on that long, but I am a working student so longwearing makeup that actually works is a pure God-send. This stuff lasts, especially when set with powder. It makes my skin look flawless -- The coverage is amazing.
Don't be turned off by the color selection... The color I was matched to looked darker than any foundation I have ever bought, but it worked perfect for me.
Highly Reccomend!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2011 4:15:00 PM More reviews by lychee28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product went on very smooth and made my skin look good.
It seemed to stay on while I was running around...

The packaging for Rimmel is HORRIBLE. It was hard to find one that was NOT touched or used! I wish they put a seal or something around the bottle.

The foundation is VERY runny! You have to be careful not to take too much. I've only opened the bottle twice and it looks like I've been using it like a squirt gun...I'm not BTW.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2011 9:28:00 PM More reviews by theroseoncloud9

Its cheap, has ok lasting power. Its like a colorstay wannabe. Not many shades to select from. Also does this weird caking thing around my eyes. Will repurchase for the price though.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by rach90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using a couple of times now. I usually use CS (combo/oily) I adore the lasting power. Nothing beats it, however I found it drying and I had to be careful with the lighting. This foundation is moisturising and glides over my flaws seamlessly. However I'm so so disappointed as it leaves a tacky and sticky feeling to my skin. My fringe clings to my forehead. I have to be very very light-handed with powdering as it can look cakey and budge the foundation. It looks nice in natural lighting, as I'm usually very self conscious about sunny days with CS.
I use the lightest shade 200, and even though slightly pinker than I'd like it to be, it's lovely. Don't think I'd repurchase.

Pro:
- Moisturising - non-drying
- Good in harsh lighting
- Good coverage

Cons:
- Sticky and tacky
- I can see my oily pores after 2 hours
- Breaks me out. Cysts on my chin. Annoying spots without a head.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2011 1:21:00 AM More reviews by kahou79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this stuff on and off for a few years but I have to say that now it has reached Holy Grail status for I have yet to find something better. I'm a Nc20-25 and use Ivory which is a great match. This wears on me for 16 hrs or longer and is 7 bucks at the DS...the HE foundations I've tried don't hold a candle to this. This will get very cakey if you apply too much and you don't need to. If you use a dollop and blend well, I use my fingers, it will look like your skin but better. This holds up in heat and humidity but may need a touch of powder in high temps. This is a fabulous product and if Revlon CS doesn't work for you, try this. It's cheap and amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2011 6:39:00 PM More reviews by JYCarson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not my absolute favorite but I do like this foundation. It has a primer built in which is nice, one less step. I actually found that when I used a primer plus this, it just didn't look right! Looks better without a separate primer. I have tried many methods of application and the best for me was fingers, this is the only liquid foundation I have ever used that my fingers gave me the best results! The coverage is pretty decent, I would say maybe a little more than medium but not quite full. Color range sucks, I have to mix Ivory and True Ivory together to get a tone and shade that is acceptable. I like the consistency of this but I don't particularly like that it takes a while to dry (stays almost tacky for a while). I find if I set it with powder too early on in the drying stage that it ends up cakey. It does last quite a while, though I wouldn't say for 25 hours. Doesn't quite hold up as well as my beloved Colorstay but it definitely lasts longer that most others I have tried. I do like that I can make the finish look more matte with a setting powder or leave it be to have a bit more of a dewy finish.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2011 9:48:00 PM More reviews by RobinFace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Good product. I bought it in Classic Beige and Sand. Sand is slightly darker. It blends nicely, goes on smoothly and stays on a long time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SELECTED SHADE: sand (NC37 for reference)

PROS

- medium to full coverage
- dewy finish
- moisturizing
- stays on

CONS

- poor shade selection
- hard to blend
- skin gets oily after 4 hours
- packaging

COMMENTS

This is great for the winter months when my skin is dry. If you have combination/oily skin, you will find yourself getting very oily with this. It's a very dewy foundation that takes a couple of minutes to set, so don't apply powder immediately after application or the finish will be ruined. It covers very well, but can be hard to blend so be sure to wear a primer underneath. I'm not too crazy about the packaging because there are times that I accidentally squeeze out too much. The shade selection isn't very impressive, but Sand works very well for my NC37 skin tone. Overall, a nice foundation for dry skin types who want their foundation to last all day...but I will stick to my Revlon ColorStay.

Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2011 6:35:00 AM More reviews by xcandy_eyedx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really, really wanted to like this product. After reading so many positive reviews on here I was hopeful that I'd finally found a foundation to last throughout the day on my oily skin, this however was not the case.
Firstly, and I know it's been said before, the shade selection is terrible, I normally wear NC15 so went for 100 Ivory. The first morning I put the foundation on using a stipple brush and set it with my MAC powder in NC20, it looked great and I liked the way it sets with a slightly dewy finish. Fast forward to lunchtime and I went to check how my foundation was doing, I was actually surprised to see that I had minimal shine along my nose and cheeks (this is normally the oiliest area) all I needed was a little blotting. However the colour seemed to have gotten darker and a little "dirty" looking. I just put it down to the horrific florescent lighting we have in the bathrooms at school and went about the rest of my day.
At about 5:30pm I had another little check, this time in my car where there was plenty of natural light and oh wow, I was ORANGE! The colour of my face no longer matched the colour of my neck and my face looked positively filthy. My make-up looked like it was sitting on top of my skin, even my boyfriend made a comment about me looking like an Umpa Lumpa.
The next morning however I decided to give the foundation another go, this time I used much less and mixed it with a tiny amount of Studio Fix in NC15. The colour seemed like a better match and the oilyness seemed to hold out until slightly later as well.

All in all this is an OK foundation, if you've got combination/dry skin and a slightly darker skin tone I feel like this would probably be a great product. Unfortunately being fair with oily skin this did absolutely nothing for me, I won’t use up the bottle and I definitely won’t repurchase. What a shame.