Cover Girl Professional Super Thick Lash Mascara

Price: $

Price: $

Water , Glyceryl Stearate , Ammonium Acrylates Copolymer , Disteardimonium Hectorite , Propylene Glycol , Stearic Acid , Copernicia Cerifera Wax Carnauba , Triethanolamine , Acrylates Copolymer , Synthetic Wax , Polyvinyl Alcohol , Lecithin , Propylene Carbonate , Oleic Acid , Alcohol Denat , Xanthan Gum , Benzyl Alcohol , Phenoxyethanol , Trisodium EDTA , Methylparaben , Glycerin , Panthenol , Ethylparaben , Sodium Laureth Sulfate , Simethicone , Propylparaben , Iron Oxides , Ultramarines May Contain , Titanium Dioxide May Contain

on 1/3/2005 8:58:00 PM

I have bought lots of mascaras, both low and high end, and nothing has worked for me as much as this mascara. This is a great product that's easily found in drugstores and even grocery stores. I bought it in black and it really creates separation and length on my lashes. I like the fact that you can apply many coats and build up the drama, or apply just a few for a more subtle look. I like the red tube because it's easy to find in my makeup bag. So many mascaras run down my face by the end of the day, giving me the racoon look, but this one does not budge AT ALL and it's not even waterproof!

on 12/24/2004 10:32:00 PM

Hmm, I've worn this a few times now but I didn't get any flaking like other reviewers did. Other pros: defined my lashes, no smudging or clumping either, and really easy to take off. Cons: I didn't see much volumising, even with 2 coats, and my lashes seemed kinda dry (like they looked brittle). Overall, it's an okay product, not the worst drugstore mascara but not the best either.

on 12/20/2004 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

i loved this mascara the very first time i used it! just the right amount comes out and it did a good job on defining my paper thin lashes.like everyone else said,it wouldve gotten all 5 lippies if it didnt flake at the end of the day.love the brush too~

on 12/17/2004 10:13:00 PM

This looked okay at first, but at the end of the day, I noticed little black flakes all over my face so I won't be using it anymore.

on 12/2/2004 6:57:00 PM

This was kind of JUST OK for my skimpy, barely noticeable Asian lashes. It did darken & thicken my lashes, but tended to get flaky toward the end of the day. HATE THAT! I didn't find any problems removing it using a couple Almay non-oily eye m/u remover pads. I'm still on the hunt for my HG mascara.

on 12/2/2004 3:14:00 PM

For some reason, I'd always bypassed this mascara in the drugstore, but I decided to make an impulse purchase one day and see if this was any good.

PROS:
-The black is a rich black, which is quite uncommon among drugstore brands.
-It doesn't clump up at all, but does add thickness and volume.
-It holds curl quite well.
-It leaves lashes soft and touchable.

CONS:
-It doesn't lengthen much, so it doesn't give as dramatic of an effect as I'd hoped.
-It does flake off a little bit towards the end of the day.

I would probably repurchase, just because it's so inexpensive, but it definitely isn't dramatic enough to be my HG.

on 11/27/2004 12:18:00 AM

I use this at the base of my lashes only. It gives great volume and helps make my lashes look full. I don't personally like it on my whole lash it does not add length for me. I use this in combo with Fantastic lash and I get great results. My 2 complaints about this is: It can get flakey and It is really hard for me to remove.

on 11/11/2004 10:12:00 PM

For the price, this mascara performs pretty well. I like it better than the much-raved Lash Blast mascara which brush is too big to handle. This one can be built up to have super-oomp lashes, but with one or two coats, Super Thick Lash seperates beautifully and thickens quite nicely. You can also put a tons of coats on and it NEVER will clump, and the brush is perfect for grabbing all the lashes, including the ones on the bottom. It also resists smudging but comes off easily with soap and water. I have used all the hyped drug store mascaras and I mean ALL of them (all Cover Girl. Maybellinne, Max Factor, Rimmel, L'oreal), and I always come back to this $4 gem.

on 11/6/2004 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this mascara! Thickens and lengthens my lashes without clumping or making them stick together. Nothing else I've tried has given me such great results, and you definitely can't beat the price! Have been using it for years, and will continue to repurchase.

on 10/30/2004 3:42:00 PM

Well I bought my first tube of this mascara ( red tube ) from CG under the MUA rec's...I am sooo glad I did..I was reluctant at first thinking how could I possibly be satisfied with a cheaper mascara.....OHMYGOSH!!! The first time I used this my lashes were way out there...magnified, full, and held the curl all day..also I used 3 coats and NO CLUMPING!! Also, I put another coat on for nighttime and still NO CLUMPING!! I can't believe for $5.99 I got better results than $21.00 for Hypnose at Lancome....also my lashes stayed very soft and flexible..not brittle and hard.....definitley a repurchase for me..this is the 3 CG product I have purchased thru MUA rec's and I am so glad I did...I am 32 and a product whore..so far the tinted moisturizer and powder (CG Smoothers and now this mascara) are total winners.

Popular Mascaras