October 24, 2014 | 1917 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Clarisonic - Mia

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2012 4:59:00 PM More reviews by crazytlccool

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's been two weeks, and so far I give it four stars. (Will update if necessary)
It's amazing how little time you need to cleanse your face, and it times it for you. My overall complexion improved even though I was getting more pimples from my period and some slight purging. I can't describe the improvement completely, but its like I suddenly had more "true" tones to my face, like the skin cells themselves were more translucent so you have more underlying blues and greens instead of crusty yellows and reds if that makes sense. My three large pimples from purging have cleared and now I'm just waiting to see the overall improvement. The way it is going, I don't think I'm going to get clear skin from this, but I like it for the glow it gives my face. It's a lot of money though....

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2012 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Caligallola

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was lucky enough to try this before splurging on it. My Sister didn't like it and she let me try it out. I tried it and didn't like it. My skin is oily, some red and uneveness, flakey on chin area. I felt that it made my skin look more red and irritated so I stopped. After a few months I decided to give it another try and I loved it. I guess I was pressing down instead of letting it glide over my skin so that was the issue. The constant flakey skin on my chin is gone, my skin is more smooth and like others stated it just makes my face feel "clean" when I don't use it washing my face just isn't the same. (my sister decided to give it another try and she now loves it so I actually went out and bought one.) I took one lippie off for the high cost of it and the high cost of the replacement brush heads ($25.00 for one, $40.00 for two). I didn't care for the clarisonic face wash that came with it. It felt to heavy on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 2:37:00 AM More reviews by fourteennoob

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am normally too lazy to write reviews on products but this one is SO GOOD that I felt that I had to rave about it.
ok so I normally have oily skin, that only gets dry in the winter (but just by a tiny bit) . Recently, my skin has begun to feel around my nose and in between my eyebrows, but if i touched it, it was still oily. Weird, i know. Ive also always had noticeable pores on my cheek area close to my nose, and huge blackheads that ive squeezed so many times i have left bruises on my nose. I also normally have an EXTREMELY shiny nose.
so i started using the Clarisonic mia for about 2 weeks, and it has almost transformed my skin completely. i say almost because i got this to target my mild acne (only a few pimples at a time). This didnt completely get rid of my acne (i blame my poor diet and poor sleep schedule), but it made the rest of my skin look amazing. My pores shrunk, my skin is SIGNIFICANTLY less oily(!!!!!) and its not flaky at all anymore.
I think with continued use and a better diet, my acne will go away soon.
My nose looks so smooth, like all those blackheads were squeezed out.
What i love most though is that my skin is overall LESS OILY! I NEVER expected that to happen. its amazing.

as a teenager, however, my skin is still young and gets irritated when i use this on my upper cheeks because that area is pretty sensitive to abrasions. I've limited myself to only use it once every other day. I plan on increasing the "dosage" as my skin ages.

If you plan to start using any Clarisonic model, i suggest using it once a day first, then see if your skin is comfortable with it.

Overall, this is definitely a splurge item, but sooooo worth the investment. Your skin will never feel clean without it, i swear. My skin feels soft and smooth and I've noticed my skin products work better now, as if they really sink into my skin deeper.
In my opinion, if you want to buy a Clarisionic but think its too expensive, just get the Mia, the cheapest model, since it does the exact same thing a pro model would do for your skin. The more expensive models just have some extra features that wont make it work any better on your skin and you dont need them.

GREAT PRODUCT!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by neptunianjelly

I've been using the Clarisonic Mia for about 3 months now, and while I have not noticed any dramatic results, I did notice my skin beginning to clear a little bit. Being a teenager, I used to have a small problem with acne. I would get bumps on my forehead and cheeks, and would have a pimple or two. Now, I still have those annoying bumps on my face, but I do not get actual red pimples anymore. Also, quite a lot of the blackheads on my nose have disappeared. Overall, this is a good product to splurge in, if you really want to work towards having better skin. Also, it feels great on your skin. I love to pamper myself with this every night! ;)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 8:55:00 PM More reviews by zuba84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

I got this as a gift from my mother for the holidays and started using it almost two weeks ago. I have to say my skin is fairly good, no discolorations and only a few breakouts here and there, but I figured Id give this a shot more for prevention than anything else. So far I cant say I notice much difference in my skin but again, since it was pretty good before I figured that much. I am beginning to get a few more pimples than normal, so far nothing horrible and I have heard this is normal so I am willing to stick that out a few more weeks, although any longer then that and I will call it quits. What I do have to say is the pimples I am getting seem to be clearing really fast- in under a day, which is typically unheard of and I have to assume its the MIA. Definitely worth keeping if only for that purpose however, as I said, not worth extra breakouts so Ill have to write an update in a couple more weeks after seeing how it goes UPDATE: OK I still like the product but I think it was just too much for my skin, I kept breaking out, although not badly and even though people talked about purging I think the product was too rough on my skin causing it to produce excess oil and break out. I am using every 2-3 day now and my skin cleared up in a day! I still would recommend the product to ppl with trouble skin or ppl who wear makeup but since neither is my issue, I decided to tone it down a bit. My new advice is probably not to mess with a good thing. If your skin is happy, leave it alone!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by easturner

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased the Mia off of QVC using easy pay which was awesome. When it came, I was very impressed with the quality, packaging, and the little travel case. Plus, I got mine in a pretty blue color. It also came with the Philosophy Purity cleanser, which I have always liked. For the first week of using it, I absolutely loved it! My skin felt so smooth and amazing. Well, when week two came along, my face was an absolute mess. I've NEVER had skin problems in my life, yet my face was horribly broken out all over, and I even had a patchy rash on one side of my face. I know that people say that this is the purging process and to wait it out, but I sent mine back. I think that my skin is just too sensitive for this product, unfortunately.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Rachel211

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm on the bandwagon. Definitely gives the face a good scrub, better than what your wash cloth can do. I also feel like my retin-a or night time treatments are getting deeper into my skin. Face looks brighter/smoother since usage began. It's going to be hard to convince myself to keep buying new heads every 3 months but I've been strict about alcohol-ing the bristles after each use (as directed) so...we'll see if I can stretch it to 4 months. Worth the 100 bucks.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/4/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by changja2

I owned the Clarisonic Pro for 3 years before getting the Mia for travel purposes. The Mia I bought only has one setting (vs the 3 settings on the Pro) and I find that setting is a bit rough on my skin, even using the sensitive brush head. I prefer the gentler setting on the Pro. I only use the Mia while traveling cause it's smaller to carry.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 4:11:00 PM More reviews by minpinmom

Love, love, love this tool! I got the Mia for Christmas and it is simply amazing! I didn't think a product like this could make a difference but it does. I suffered from terrible adult acne two years ago so at night I apply a prescription and over the counter treatment cream. After cleansing with the Mia the treatment products soak right into my skin like a dream! I have also noticed my past red acne marks have lightened up a slight bit, I don't know if this is from the exfoliation of the Mia or due to the fact my products soak into my skin better after using this product. In either case I couldn't be more happy with this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by socksberg

I have struggled with adult acne for years. After being on three prescription medications (simultaneously!) for my skin without seeing great results, I decided to bite the bullet and try the Clarisonic. I didn't believe that an electronic face brush would make a difference where years of medication and all sorts of acne-clearing systems had failed, but in the month since I've owned the Clarisonic Mia my skin has almost completely cleared up. I am still taking my skin medications, but the Clarisonic opens my pores up so the medication can get in deep and be more effective.

Long story short, the Clarisonic is amazing, and well worth the price. I use mine morning and night with Cetaphil, and then follow up with my prescription skin creams. I love the way my skin looks and feels now, and any remaining blackheads practically fall out on their own. If you have stubborn adult acne (cystic, blackheads, whiteheads, etc) and you feel like you've tried everything else, give this a shot too. A+++, would buy again.