July 24, 2014 | 1884 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by beautiflaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this for a few months and I haven't really had many problems with it, but sometimes it dries my face out too much and if I happen to get it in my eyes it KILLS me! This burns my eyes like nothing else ever has... and once I accidentally got it in my mouth... ugh. Horrible. It smells like Dial soap to me. Like, Dial hand soap. Dial is very strong and I would never use it on my face, so I hope that the only similarities with this cleanser and Dial are the smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by bluedestiny4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have read all of the negative reviews on this product, and that made me kind of hesitant on purchasing it. However, I needed a cleanser that would take off all of my makeup, as well as work on my breakouts all in one step. I have finally found that product! I just started using this product about a week ago and I am seeing major improvement with my skin! I use this along with Sea Breeze Actives Toner and I am very happy with the results. I know that a lot of people complain about the dryness factor and the way that the cleanser smells. I haven't experienced any of the dryness, and the smell goes away quickly (at least for me it does). I guess it works differently on people. I will continue to purchase this product. *I use the Family Dollar version.*

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2008 12:58:00 AM More reviews by sydakiss

This product is ok, I guess. It never really got rid of my acne but it kept it somewhat under control for a while. I used it for about 5 months and during that time, I would often look for better cleansers. But I never did, so I would just end up coming back to it. After a while though, I stopped using it and started the Clinique acne solutions regimen, which works quite nicely for me :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 1:43:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I had samples of this stuff for a long time and caved today and bought the full product, even though I still have samples laying around. I like this a lot, I use it twice a day on my face. I don't really get pimples much, but I am hoping that this product actually helps me in getting any.

EDIT: This is drying out my face something fierce, I still like it, but not gentle enough for my semi-dry face.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2008 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Jebjess

I've been using this product for several years. It is fairly cheap and it cleanses my face pretty well. However, I wouldn't say it is a miracle product and that it has made my face silky smooth. I still have noticeable pimples. You also need to moisturize after using. But I'm still rating this highly since it does its job of effectively removing grime without leaving residue.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2008 2:44:00 AM More reviews by kjcloud

Pros: Quite cheap, lathers very well so you only need a little bit, reccommended by my dermatologist, smells light, cleans very well.
Cons: Slightly drying if you dont put on moisturizer. Probably wont clear up your acne all on its own, you'll probably need to use it with acne cream and stuff but it is a great great wash still.

I do rather like this product. Whether or not it would actually clear up acne is debatable. You could probably use this in conjunction to other acne treatments. It does however get you super clean and it lathers very well. The scent is light and probably universally pleasant. Just a normal soapy sweet scent (not the washroom disgusting soapy scent). It is however quite drying but a light moisturizer should do the trick.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 3:28:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had acne since forever, and when I saw my cousin (who has clear skin) used this, I had to try it as well. Well, if you like the feeling of your flesh burning up before your eyes, this stuff will be a savior to you. Let me tell you, WD40 wouldn't even relieve how dry this made my skin ... (yes that was sarcasm, no I didn't actually try it). I didn't even bother using it again, it wasn't even worth a shot.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2008 6:17:00 PM More reviews by personalpenguin84

I've had acne since I was 12, and have been on many perscription and OTC medications for it. My first dermatologist reccommended this cleanser to me and I've used it for years. The high salicylic acid content is what works for me, although I know it does dry some people out. IME, it's great for my non-sensitive, oily, acne-prone skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2008 5:30:00 AM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this product ever since I started breaking out, which was like when I was 13 or so. It's not a miracle product but it's kept my acne under control over the years and I've strayed away from it many a time looking for a better cleanser but I always end up coming back to it. Yes, it does dry my skin out pretty bad but it also dries up my zits pretty fast and I'm willing to go through the extra step of putting on moisturizer in exchange for clearer skin. I think there's something better out there that I hope I'll find one day but until then, I'm sticking with this. I usually use it once a day because twice a day can be excessively drying.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2008 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Caitneck

I went to the store and bought this product, and after reading the reviews on here i got a little iffy on using it, because it dries the skin out so bad. However, i was desperate to find something to clear my breakouts, so i gave it a try.

Its not that bad. It does dry out your skin, but i dont wash my entire face with it. I just tab it on my problem areas, and about ten mintues later wash it off. My breakouts were pretty much all clear in a week!