August 20, 2014 | 2015 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2008 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Cwish

I've been using this for about 2 years now, and overall, I think the product is okay. My doctor recommended it for me, since I had a lot of acne at the time. My skin wasn't that oily though. After I finished using it, my skin would be all tight and dry, so I moisterize it with the moisturizing lotion from Nutraderm. And then my face feels really clean, and soft. It somewhat helps with acne, not completely, but it's enough for me. I mean it doesn't make my breakouts totally disappear, but it minimizes them, so I guess it helps..in a way. I would recommend this, just give it a try. If you don't like it I'm sure you can always take it back. ^^

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by trendoid

I have been using this cleanser for about three years, since my dermatologist first recommended it to me. I really like it and think the SA in it is very beneficial. The cream version is better for traveling and skin that is drier. I would not use it without removing all my makeup first, however, because it cannot do that. I don't think you should expect that from an anti-acne cleanser though. You should be vigilant about keeping your pores clear.

I took one lippie off because I do still have some acne

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2008 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Dancergirlxx

This is the worst cleanser I have ever used, my skin broke out in an itchy rash it felt rough to touch with tiny bumps all over.
I believe it has cheap ingredients and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2008 2:24:00 PM More reviews by madcancer7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I like this product. Its too harsh to use on my face but I don't need to anywaya because I don't have any more acne on my face. I use this on my back because I have some mild acne on my back and it worked! My back is clear thanks to this product and topical antibiotic from my dermatologist.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/7/2008 8:33:00 AM More reviews by emrivera

I tried this wash thinking it would cure me of my persistant acne, it just ended up irritating my skin and I broke out in a rash-like acne on the sides of my face and chin after a few days of use. It took a while to calm my skin down and get rid of the acne. Neutrogena makes a lot of great products, but this one definitely didn't help me. Too irritating!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by tiffeey

This wash is great. I've been using it since I was 14 years old and barely get pimples or breakouts. You gotta give this cheapy wash a shot! It does take off makeup like a miracle so say goodbye to raccoon face and take off all that foundation! I also find this wash very versatile because my boyfriend loves to use it too and it's a great balance for our skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by lisagibb

I love this face wash! It takes off all of my makeup without a struggle and leaves my face feeling clean. It's not drying, I usually forget to put on moisturizer because it feels so good. Smell is okay, I really am more concerned with the fact that it's so great at taking off makeup! Finally, this stuff is cheap. This is my favorite cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by beautiflaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this for a few months and I haven't really had many problems with it, but sometimes it dries my face out too much and if I happen to get it in my eyes it KILLS me! This burns my eyes like nothing else ever has... and once I accidentally got it in my mouth... ugh. Horrible. It smells like Dial soap to me. Like, Dial hand soap. Dial is very strong and I would never use it on my face, so I hope that the only similarities with this cleanser and Dial are the smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2008 12:49:00 PM More reviews by bluedestiny4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have read all of the negative reviews on this product, and that made me kind of hesitant on purchasing it. However, I needed a cleanser that would take off all of my makeup, as well as work on my breakouts all in one step. I have finally found that product! I just started using this product about a week ago and I am seeing major improvement with my skin! I use this along with Sea Breeze Actives Toner and I am very happy with the results. I know that a lot of people complain about the dryness factor and the way that the cleanser smells. I haven't experienced any of the dryness, and the smell goes away quickly (at least for me it does). I guess it works differently on people. I will continue to purchase this product. *I use the Family Dollar version.*

rated 2 of 5 on 9/1/2008 12:58:00 AM More reviews by sydakiss

This product is ok, I guess. It never really got rid of my acne but it kept it somewhat under control for a while. I used it for about 5 months and during that time, I would often look for better cleansers. But I never did, so I would just end up coming back to it. After a while though, I stopped using it and started the Clinique acne solutions regimen, which works quite nicely for me :)