October 24, 2014 | 1725 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Oil-Free Acne Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by ejbauman

I have combo-acne-prone skin with an extremely oily t-zone and this face wash, when used in conjunction with Neutrogena oil free moisturizer, is the single best face wash I have ever tried (and, believe me, I have tried them all).

I've been using it for over a year and my skin has never looked better.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/23/2008 1:16:00 PM More reviews by HisFirst

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used this when I was a teenager and it worked pretty well. My derm recently gave me a sample of this and I find it way too drying now, especially with prescription acne meds. I use it occasionally only and will not be purchasing. Aveeno Clear Complexion is my HG Salicylic Acid cleanser.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2008 12:37:00 AM More reviews by andria318

I purchased this cleanser based on the book "The Skin Type Solution" and I tried it for 3 days, the results: dry skin and a super tight after feel and it caused me to have one major inflammation right above my upper lip (how badly that sucks!). Overall, this product claims to be gentle but it dried me out. Will not use again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2008 7:02:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I have combo skin with a very oily t-zone that is subject to blackheads and pimples. While I do have to give this kudos for the fact that I didn't get any pimples when I used this, even that time of the month, I did experience major dryness in certain spots on my face, even if I only used once a day. Oddly, I got a dry patch under my nostril, which prompted me to stop using this. Also, I did feel like my face was left very "basic" feeling and squeaky. I didn't mind the smell - sort of medicinal - though I am interested in trying the Pink Grapefruit version perhaps. Overall, I probably wouldn't repurchase unless it was summertime - it's too drying for winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2008 12:37:00 AM More reviews by jebaca

I think success with this product really depends on your skin type. My skin is very oily and not usually sensitive. Therefore this product works great for me. I've been using it about two months now everyday and I've noticed that my breakouts are minimized (knock on wood!) and I'm not prone to hormonal acne anymore. However I would only recommend this to people who have very oily skin or at least have combination skin. Anyone with normal, dry or sensitive skin would probably not have success with this product.

As for cleansing efficiency....I find this works well for taking off my makeup, but I do use a separate eye makeup remover because I definitely wouldn't want to get this in my eyes (This has salicylic acid in it.).

This is probably one of the best cleansers I've found for my skin type so far. I'm hoping my skin still reacts well to this cleanser come winter time when my skin is less oily. I'll update if anything changes. Just wish I had tried this sooner!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2008 12:45:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

It's a classic. I had stopped using it and just came back to once a day or less. It clearly says on the label that if you get reactions like dryness or peeling, use it less and work your way up. This wash works, and I can already see blemishes going away. Yes, it will make skin feel tight or dry if you use it too much. I also use the Acne stress control 3 in 1 treatment, but lightly. You get acne from either hormones or clogged pores. There are other skin conditions that look like acne but are not. Everyone should go to a dermatologist, not a general doctor for a skincare diagnosis. That way you will know what you have and how to treat it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2008 4:43:00 PM More reviews by MissHippo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is very drying and harsh. After using it for about a week a red and ichy rash formed around my mouth area. I would recommend something a little more gentle on the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/19/2008 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Cwish

I've been using this for about 2 years now, and overall, I think the product is okay. My doctor recommended it for me, since I had a lot of acne at the time. My skin wasn't that oily though. After I finished using it, my skin would be all tight and dry, so I moisterize it with the moisturizing lotion from Nutraderm. And then my face feels really clean, and soft. It somewhat helps with acne, not completely, but it's enough for me. I mean it doesn't make my breakouts totally disappear, but it minimizes them, so I guess it helps..in a way. I would recommend this, just give it a try. If you don't like it I'm sure you can always take it back. ^^

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2008 5:17:00 PM More reviews by trendoid

I have been using this cleanser for about three years, since my dermatologist first recommended it to me. I really like it and think the SA in it is very beneficial. The cream version is better for traveling and skin that is drier. I would not use it without removing all my makeup first, however, because it cannot do that. I don't think you should expect that from an anti-acne cleanser though. You should be vigilant about keeping your pores clear.

I took one lippie off because I do still have some acne

rated 1 of 5 on 9/14/2008 4:28:00 AM More reviews by Dancergirlxx

This is the worst cleanser I have ever used, my skin broke out in an itchy rash it felt rough to touch with tiny bumps all over.
I believe it has cheap ingredients and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.