September 2, 2014 | 1515 users online

Brows - E.L.F. - Eyebrow Kit

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 11:43:00 AM More reviews by girlinabox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this stuff. I have used Mac pencils (too harsh looking unless very light hand), Brow Zings (none of their colours were right for me), Smashbox (ditto)...until I discovered this. It is perfect, I use a Mac angled brush to apply as the brush you get with this is too small and soft, dab into the wax, then the powder and then apply in short strokes.

Best my brows have ever looked.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by vivcheung

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had been using a very expensive Chanel eyebrow powder which lasted me over 5 years and I finally ran out. So, I was debating whether to buy the Anastasia of Beverly Hills brow kit, but the price steered me away. Was I glad that I didn't buy it because I'm so impressed with the ELF eyebrow kit that I recently purchased online! I have this in 'dark' and it's a perfect match for my dark brown-black asian hair. The powder shadow is extremely pigmented and can easily be applied using an angled brush in small short strokes. Then I sweep the darker wax pigment over top and comb through using a spool. The result is a perfectly even, natural, sculpted, full and young-looking eyebrow! You definitely can't beat this at $3 a pop! The compact packaging is surprisingly very sturdy as well. However, the tiny brush that comes with it is pretty useless given its size.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2009 6:16:00 PM More reviews by dtm428

Well, I guess I don't know what I'm doing, because I can't get this product to look right on me. I initially ordered the medium kit, but quickly discovered that the reddish tint did not suit me (I have brown eyes and black hair - don't want reddish brows).

Ordered the dark kit, and while the color suits me, my brows just don't look right. I have better luck using my NYX Root Beer shadow and going over it with a clear gel.

Cheap price, good packaging (not flimsy), but product just doesn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by nuls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have extremely light eyebrows and found brow pencils too hard to look natural and blend effectively. I really love this kit as i find that i can build the colour to the darkness i want, it lasts, lovely packaging and it is very reasonably priced. Couldnt ask for more! I adore this product and would recommend. Guarantee i will repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2009 4:35:00 AM More reviews by zoidal123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've always used pencils on my brows but found it really difficult to get a consistently natural effect. I thought I'd give this a shot as I'd been told that waxes and powders were easier to work with. I love it. It's super easy to apply and lasts all day. I usually just use the wax day-to-day as I find it has enough pigmentation on it's own, but if I'm doing a more intense makeup look for a night out I go over with a light dusting of the powder. Great product, great packaging, great price. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 2:37:00 AM More reviews by Rockabillygirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I brought the darkest that was offered. It works really good! It comes with the wax and the powder and the tiny brush applicator! This set reminds me of the Benefit Brow-zing, but for a way cheaper price.I really like it i always get complements on my eyebrows.I owe it to this little kit! Since my eye brows are really messed up i will have to buy this product again!! It is only 3.00 and it is 3.00 well spend!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 6:24:00 PM More reviews by Paris334

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a nice product. I can't get over how nice most ELF products are for their price! This includes a dark wax (I believe mine is in the dark color) which fills in well but I find that the shadow alone is enough for me. The shadow/powder included does seem a bit light for being a dark kit and it's quite a bit lighter than the dark wax. But it blends well and looks good. And, again - you cannot go wrong for the price. Also - it's one of the few products that I use the brush they provide - the little double-ended brush seems perfectly adequate to me for what I want it to do.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2009 6:13:00 PM More reviews by sah125

Wow. What a great product for the price! I got this during the 50% off studio line promotion and I do not regret purchasing this at all. The textures of the wax and powder are great and pigmented as well. I got this in the medium and it is perfect for filling in my brown eyebrows. It leaves my eyebrows looking soft and not harsh. The only downside is the brush that comes with it. It's a little too small for my liking but it's doable.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is pretty good. I like the wax especially, and the brush I think is quite effective. I have the medium shade (my brows are pretty dark, even though my hair is fair), and the wax blends in nicely. I find the powder a bit too reddish; I would have preferred a cooler, more greyish brown. This is handy little kit though, and its effects lasted all day, which I was quite pleased with. However...

When this arived in the post, a little chunk of the powder had broken off already. I thought nothing of it, but after a week or so of use, I opened it one morning (bearing in mind that this is kept in my make-up drawer and not carried around or anything) and it had completely shattered. Now it's so messy and irritating, which is why I wouldn't repurchase.

Also, although this is good value, I don't understand why the exact same products from the E.L.F Studio range are $3 in the US and 3.50 in the UK (which works out at $5.69). I know it's still cheap, and make-up is generally more expensive here, but this is a brand whose whole USP is to do with amazing value and I think they could do a bit better where price is concerned.

Overall, this is quite a nice product, and I can't go lower than 3 lippies because I use it every day, but I will look for a different one (which hopefully won't shatter within a week) next time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 11:02:00 AM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an OK eyebrow kit and it does what it says it does. Personally, I had problems applying the wax part of this duo, however, for the price you can't beat it, but I will not repurchase this product.