E.L.F. Eyebrow Kit

4.3

Brow Gel Ingredient:Paraffinium Liquidum (Mineral Oil) , Ricinus Comunis (Castor) Seed Oil , Talc , Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax , Ozokerite , Methylisothiazolinone , Caprylyl glycol May Contain:Iron Oxides(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499) , Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) Brow Powder Ingredient:Talc , Mica , Caprylic/Caprictriglycerides , Hydrogenated Polyisobutene , Sodium Dehydroacetate May Contain: Iron Oxide(CI 77491 CI 77492 CI 77499)

on 2/13/2011 9:02:00 AM

I want to like this, but I don't. The colours are too reddish to be natural for my black brows. I'd have preferred a more greyish undertoned product.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Would you buy again? YES. YES YES YES!

I don't have a lot of products I rave about... but this one certainly takes the cake on awesome brow product. I have used a lot of expensive name brand products before, including Anatasia (I think that's how you spell it.) and I could never justify spending over $20 on brow products so they always ended up returned or swapped away and I would use a free eyeshadow I got from Clinique.

So when I bought this product, I was skeptical, especially with it being so cheap, mostly because I had used more expensive products in the past... and they were not so great, so I didn't have much to go on I just could only imagine how this would end up.

I was very surprised! The brush actually comes in handy when I'm on the go and I need a small touch up on my brows, especially when I'm working a 10 hour + shift at work. I wish the brush was a bit bigger but the product itself makes up for it x100000000! I would have to say, if you are new to buying brow products, or just looking for a cheap alternative to your expensive brow kit, or just want a little travel size brow kit, this is perfect!

I'm in love. :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Eh, I'm so confused about this product. I really want to love it. I use it almost every day hoping and praying that I might fall in love or discover what I'm doing wrong with it, but nothing happens. I've tried everything! I much rather using a regular darker brown shadow for my brows with great lash clear mascara to set. It's just my preference I guess..

UPDATE: I have found out how to use this product in a way that works for me finally! I have always really liked the gel side of this because it's much closer to my hair color (very dark brown). I can never find an eyebrow gel that's in my price range and a good color that doesn't seem ashy or stark black. So, I use the great lash clear mascara and wiggle it in the gel and then apply. It's perfect! It tames and colors. The color doesn't seem so stark either because the mascara dilutes it a bit. I HIGHLY reccommend!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I love this bc it is cheap and works well! i absolutely love it. the only thing i do not like is that if you do not use the tiniest bit of the powder it gets a little too cakey. otherwise the product is great. the brush is not that good but the gel is really what i love. def would buy this again

on 1/30/2011 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

I got this brow kit in medium two days ago for $3 at Target. I have dark hair and was a bit disappointed because I did not find the dark shade but so far I'm quite pleased and it has worked for me, I use the dark wax side to fill in my eyebrows and shape them and fill in the rest with the light powder side. I love the natural results and the brushes are great! The only reason why I am giving it 4 lipies is because it would have been extremely helpful if it included mini tweezers.

on 1/28/2011 12:19:00 PM

I'v used this product for about a year now but not for my eyebrows, I use it as a globliner (the gel) and the powder to softly shadow upwards. It works perfectly for weekdays when I don't want to look as I'm wearing to much makeup but nevertheless want to draw attention to my heavy eyelids. Try it, maybe you like it to!

on 1/19/2011 4:28:00 PM

I have this in medium and I have dark brown hair. I actually find the powder a little too orangey for me so I just like to use the wax which is a little coloured anyway. I find that the wax on its own gives me a nice natural look but still darkens and fills in any gaps I have. It's not a greasey wax so it does not looks shiny on the brows. The packaging is lovely and this is one of the few products I own which came with a useable applicator! There's a little angled brush for the wax and a fluffier brush for the powder. I would definitely buy it again but will probably end up throwing away the powder when the wax is used up. I only use a tiny amount of wax each time so it is lasting me a long time.

on 1/19/2011 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is actually a great product. Pretty similar to the Benefit one (think it's called brow zings).
I like the whole wax and powder concept and it works really nicely for my eyebrows.
The problem I have with this is that it is too light for me, even in the darkest shade. The powder is pretty damn light expecially compared to the wax.
I have black hair and very fair skin. This makes my eyebrows appear medium brown and that just won't work for me.
I think I'll use the wax with an eyeshadow in the right colour for me.
Such a pity, this could have been an awesome thing to carry in my purse.

on 1/11/2011 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

OK so obviously this is from ELF so its super cheap and you can't expect amazing quality for it. I think its $5 and under quality, I wouldn't pay more than that for a similar product. I'm warm-neutral toned, NC20, light-med. brown hair. Since seeing the rave reviews on MUA, I decided to try it since it couldn't hurt being so inexpensive.

I got it in Medium It's a good match in terms of color. The powder is a light-medium brown color. It definitely pulls a brassy orange color underneath the brown as do most cheapy brown mu products so be aware of that. That orange undertone and the consistency of both sides of the kit is why I'm only giving it 3 stars.

The wax side is strange. It's a very dark- a dark brown much darker than the powder- and can actually color your brows with just the wax alone. The wax is very dry, it's almost too dry to even call a wax.It tints the brows without filling in any empty spaces. I wish it was clear because the powder side is a perfect match in level so I can only apply the wax lightly to avoid giving my brows a strange dark tint.

Now, the powder is very cheap and hard to blend. It is very chalky and remains powdery looking despite using the wax that came with it both before and after using the powder. It doesn't blend in very well, just sorts of sits there, looking like you smudged your brows with brow color. I tried using my regular angled brow brush to blend it but it really doesn't blend very well at all. It also smudges super easily. All I have to do is run my finger through my brow and it rubs off. So in that case, its easy to remove excess, but has no staying power whatsoever.
The little angled brush that comes with the kit is actually somewhat helpful for blending it out though. Also like I mentioned earlier, it pulls a orange undertone. (This is just the medium/brown though, that may not be the case for the lighter brow kits).

Despite this, this is probably the best $3 brow powder you're going to be able to find because it's decent. If you have $3.50 more though, I'd recommend the Ulta brow pencil instead because it blends easily and does not pull a brassy undertone to it.

I'll put this in my car to use if I need to on the run but its not quite my favorite for everyday use.

on 12/30/2010 6:47:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

My favourite brow kit, the wax puts some order to my brow hair (I have long hairs) and fills in the spaces really naturally too. The powder sets it and lightens it a bit too to soften the look. Love it !!

Popular Brows Products