April 20, 2014 | 1617 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Even Better Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2009 8:21:00 AM More reviews by kelid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really do like this foundation much more than I thought I would. I was on the search for something that would even out my skin tone as well as Prescriptives, only cheaper. This does it quite well. My skin is very light olive with yellow undertones with light melasma on my cheeks, and 04 Cream Chamois seems to do the trick as well as the Prescriptives did without being as heavy. I definitely still know it's there, which I do consider a good thing, with flaws to cover. The consistency worried me at first because it's so thin, but a little does go a long way. I haven't really noticed much correction of the spots, but I'm also not expecting miracles. I just wish they made a similar concealer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2009 8:45:00 AM More reviews by FoXyKiTten01

I haven't used clinique stuff since HS, when I used the gwp stuff my mom got. But I'm a sucker for products that say it "evens skintone". If you can find a color match, this is a great foundation! The MA matched my MAC NC30-35 skin with 03 ivory..it was waaaay too light and pink. ick. I ended up exchanging it for 16 Golden neutral, which is almost a perfect match! (maybe a tad yellow and a shade dark, but very very close). I have no idea how clinique numbers their foundations but I dunno how I go from 03 to 16. I really have no issue with the even better foundation. It feels like moisturizer, so there's no heavy/cakey/icky foundation feel to it. Though I must say I feel it takes about 15 min or so to "sink in". Until then my skin feels "moist" but doesn't look oily. It looks flawless and natural on my skin..like my skin but better. IMO It has light to medium coverage. As for making my skin "even better"...I dunno if it's b/c of the foundation or my new skincare routine using the clarisonic..either way my skin is looking a lot more even and smooth. The price tag isn't bad either, it's about $25 or so for 1 fl. oz. ***UPDATE***While this is the best feeling/looking foundation I have found to date (and i've tried high and low end stuff such as maybelline, chanel, bobbi brown, christian dior.)...I just can't find a match..golden neutral is just a little to dark for me to deal with. :(

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 2:54:00 PM More reviews by estrella79

This is a really nice product. It has a great texture and really evens my skin out. Thumbs up for the SPF too. The only downsides are that the colour choice isn't great in the lighter shades, and that if you squeeze too much out of the tube then it's wasted. It would be better in the traditional Clinique glass bottle.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by erkybunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this product.
LOVE: the glowing look of my complexion after application, which does not fade for several hours. It completely covers all of the blotchiness/redness in my skin without looking thick or obvious.
unfortunately, i have skin that breaks out, and although this did not create a disaster for my face, i was back to somewhat regular breakouts on my chin/ jawline which i was free of with other foundations. I am not sure it delivers the improvement of better skin either.
If your skin does not break out easily I would highly recommend this product, it does wear beautifully and seems to hydrate.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by heartyfarty

I am in LOVE LOVE LOVE with this foundation! I have been using Maybelline's Instant Age Rewind Creme foundation for the past 2 years, and I was heartbroken when I found out it was being discontinued. I wasn't really liking the IAR Liquid Foundation which they decided to keep, so I was on the hunt for a new HG foundation. I've gone from low end like Maybelline and Rimmel to sort of high end foundations like MAC, BE, etc., but none of them were really working for me. I'm the type of person who likes to check the ingredients and makes sure that whatever my skin is going to be exposed to is good for it. So I heard about Even Better makeup from my latest issue of Elle Magazine and I immediately checked MUA and saw all the great reviews for it. I had to try it out!

I went to my nearest Macy's and half the shades were sold out! I am Asian and have yellow undertones/NC30 in MAC, for reference. The SA matched me with a shade that was out of stock called Cream Chamois #4, but when I got home and took a picture just to see how it would turn out on the camera, it was wayyyy too light. So I went to another Macy's that had all the shades in stock and the SA matched me with Honey #6.

Honey #6 was a very good match! In pictures, it looked exactly like the skin color of my neck and not ghost-like, which made me all giddy inside. I noticed that some of the lightest shades run sort of dark, though, so really pale girls might not find a match, but nevertheless, try. It's so worth it. Also, it costs more than Clinique's other foundations, but it's hypoallergenic, has vitamins in it to help heal your skin, and SPF 15! It's so definitely worth the $24.50, I'm not even kidding.

It's a really dewy foundation that doesn't make me shiny or oily, but fresh and clean looking. It feels light and amazing, and it spreads like a dream! It's smell isn't offensive either, which my Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Creme was. I was so happy to find out that this foundation also has SPF 15 in it which is awesome because I have the Olay Complete moisturizer with SPF 15 in it...so in the end, I have SPF30 protection all in all on my face, which is a MUST for me! And so far, it hasn't broken me out like MAC always has with its foundations! I think I may have found my HG foundation! Yay! :)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by ser1382

I love this foundation! I was soooo impressed with it -- right now I'm just working off a sample, but I have used it every day for the past four days. It makes my skin look radiant and dewy, but not greasy, and it really does seem to wear all day! It slides right on in the morning and spreads out and blends so easily. I thought the sample would last maybe a day or two, but I think I'll easily get a week's worth out of it, so I can only imagine how far a whole bottle will go! I also think it's making my skin look better even when I'm not wearing anything, so maybe its skincare claims are actually working? Who knows, I just know I will definitely be buying this and using it religiously, and I also think it's a great price compared to some other foundations out there that I've liked, including Vincent Longo Water Canvas, Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation, etc.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by fade2blue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I was in love with this foundation. But unfortunately, like most of the things I love it wound up hurting me. I'm a girl who falls for gimmicks. Clinique claimed to have a foundation that would help clear up acne scars and I fell for it. I can't say if the foundation did actually help clear up my acne scars because I could only use it for 2 weeks before the shade became too light for me.The two weeks after I bought it the sun decided to show it's sorry face and I became a shade darker.
For those two glorious weeks I was really loving this foundation. It gave a natural finish and I would only have to blot once during the day.
The reason i'm giving it a three is because I couldn't buy a darker shade even if I wanted to. If clinique decides to add more shades I would probably buy again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 1:34:00 AM More reviews by PopStar48

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried a sample of this from a magazine. I loved the coverage it gave and it looked super natural, absolutely beautiful with a dewy finish. Sadly, I won't be buying a full bottle because this turned greasy on me pretty quickly. Mind you, it is late spring/summer and I have very oily skin so I might attempt this in the winter when my skin is drier considering the way it looked was so amazing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2009 11:31:00 PM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I tried a sample of this and loooved the coverage! My skin looked so smooth and even-toned without looking cakey. But my main gripe Clinique is that their foundation shades aren't yellow enough. I'm a MAC NC30 and I have yellow undertones, so Clinqiue doesn't work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/20/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by jeremyswife

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm usually not a foundation person for about three years i've been using mineral makup. I'm 18 weeks pregnant and my skin is sooo dry and the mineral makeup was starting to look cakey so i decided to buy a foundation and after hearing all the good reviews on this i decided to try it. I must say its wonderful! I have some acne scarring on my cheeks and chin and this covers it wonderfully and I don't really feel like i have makeup on my face. It looks really natural and the color matches my skin perfectly i'm 02 fair. The only reason i didn't give it five stars is because i've only used it for one day but it was so good i just had to write a review about it. ***EDIT*** I can't believe i'm going to write a bad review on this product! But I am! At first I loved this foundation but i have used it for about six months and slowly i started to not like it. For one it did not break me out which is great! It is supposed to help with pigmentation issues and even out your skin tone well this did nothing for me! But the main reason I stopped liking it is because i noticed it started to look to shiny on my face. If you like a really dewy look then you should like this foundation but if you don't then don't buy this! I actually had a couple people tell me my foundation did not look good when I was wearing this! Talk about embarrasing but thank god they were friends of mine. My current fave is revlon color stay foundation its cheaper, the coverage is great, and even when living in a very humid climate the stuff holds up!