February 1, 2015 | 2055 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Even Better Makeup SPF 15

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 11:41:00 AM More reviews by sherrier

I have been wearing Estee Lauder foundations for years but they were starting to not look good on me anymore. Went to Clinique and bought this after reading reviews and ads on it. I love this! Blends so easy without a brush or sponge. Looks very natural and hides marks on my face without being heavy and cakey. However, it can look a little shiny when I first put it on but that usually seems to go away. If not, I will dab with a little powder. That is why I docked one lippie. The best part is that my skin feels so soft when using this. I am combination skin but I have dry patches on my cheeks but you would never know with this. It does a good job of staying put throughout the day. I will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2009 7:35:00 AM More reviews by lauraeve

I first saw Clinique Even Better featured in a mag, and they were full of praises for it so I thought I'd give it a go. I'm a serial foundation buyer, always on the quest for that perfect formula, so I had high hopes for this foundation which sounded wonderful in the magazine review and just what I was after.

I'm very pale so I chose the palest shade - 01 Alabaster. It proved to be a very good match for me, the best I've had! The consistency was very smooth and not too thick - Easy to move around with my fingers (I rarely use a brush). I found it to be very blendable and gave me a near flawless finish.

This product gave good coverage and was very easy to build up - never looking too cakey or heavy. It evened out my skin like promised and got rid of any redness. It managed to stay put all day without sliding off my face come lunch time like previous foundations. I found that it looked better as the day wore on, as my skin got oiler and it blended in more (though without melting off completely!). It even survived the london tube and that's saying something! The fact it has SPF 15 is another plus.

Removal was also very easy, so no problems there. As for packaging the squeezy bottle was simple to use and kept everything mess-free.

All in all very impressed!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2009 2:06:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe I forgot to review this, and also that no one else has,so here goes. Even Better is one of the few foundations that actually does what it says, It's a little on the thick side for a liquid fountation, but comes in a sanitary tube, so it's hard to make a mistake or dump out too much, It's very creamy and buildable, without looking like a mask, and leaves a moisturized even finish that really does cover up redness, age spots and blotchiness. It seems to last well in heat, and doesen't change color, at least on me. I also have not noticed any skin problems while using it, although to be honest I don't wear foundation all the time. What I like is the control..you can use a very light coat or layer it for more coverage and it's still very natural. I've applied it with a brush, but I find that clean fingers work better getting the amount of product where I want it to be. It blends like a dream. In extreme heat, I'll blot my t-zone with Almost Makeup powder, and it's good to go. I've used other Clinique foundations, but this is hands down the best. I also find it doesen't exaggerate fine lines or dry spots if used with a light hand.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2009 8:54:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this at Sephora in Alabaster and tried applying it with brush (cakey), a sponge (too sheer) and my fingers (just right). I'm NC20 and I would prefer more yellow than pink in this neutral color, but Clinique doesn't have one. With a fingers application, though, the Alabaster works well. I wore this twice, and will not purchase the full size. The coverage is OK, however it only lasted about 4 hours without breaking down around my nose and chin (and I'm not super oily). Tried it with primer and without. Same results - nice coverage, color, and finish for about 4 hrs. Unacceptable for my long work day.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2009 4:22:00 AM More reviews by katiebaby87

This is the most natural looking foundation I've ever used: it matches my skintone exactly while still giving my face some warmth, and is ridiculously easy to blend. I absolutely loathe feeling like my foundation is obvious and too heavy, but due to acne during highschool and having pale skin that shows up blemishes easily and is prone to redness/blotchiness, I still want something that provides a lot of coverage. That's why I love this makeup and consider it my HG foundation: if you want a NATURAL look AND excellent coverage, this is the foundation for you.

So, I absolutely love Even Better, but there are 2 reasons it doesn't get 5 lippies: It's not super long lasting and at the end of a long day has worn off/faded considerably. Secondly, I've been using it for a looong time & I'm pretty sure the stuff about it correcting/evening your skin tone is bs. However I'll continue to use it forevermore because I have not found another foundation that is even close to looking as flawlessly natural as this.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2009 8:38:00 AM More reviews by gozog

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

While this gets major points for blending well and not doing the "mid-afternoon disappearing act" that other liquid foundations do, it doesn't really do what it claims--getting rid of spots and evening out skintone. With the makeup on I look great but underneath my skin hasn't changed one bit.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2009 8:07:00 PM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Eh...this product is OK. I would never buy it again, though. It is FAR too dewy for my liking. Within a few hours I become very oily and shiny and it just does NOT look good. If I blot, the coverage (medium) seems to disappear.

Does NOT translate well into pictures because it's so shiny. And trust me, I used a lot of loose powder over this.

Good things: did not cause any breakouts, didn't crease into lines.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2009 6:34:00 AM More reviews by swhite08

I was previously using the supermoisture foundation as had dry skin, but i found it was starting to get too greasy for me as my dry skin cleared up. At the same time I saw this advertised in a magazine and on a hunch decided to give it a go. I recently had a breakout of spots here and there and this was prefect for covering up any scars and blemishes. Really took the redness away and made my skin look more even toned. I find the best way to apply this is to squeeze a little out on the back of your hand and using a sponge dab into it and then dab onto your skin. No need to blend it in just gently dab on so its stays on the surface (it does sink in by itself without you having to rub at it). It will also cover up any dark circles from too many late nights and really brightens the area up, though i still apply a little concealer on top. Clinique foundations generally tend to be quite dark in shade, regardless of what shade you go for! Even the lighter shades turn out dark or orangy on the skin. I went for shade 03 Ivory, it didn't make my skin look darker and i would recommend for anyway who is fair but with olive undertones, on anyone paler it will look 'orangy' in tone. Overall i think this product is very good and definetly worth a try especially if you have scars or marks on the face or uneven skin tone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2009 7:38:00 PM More reviews by asortafairytale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

not a bad foundation. I give it a 4/5 because it can be just slightly chalky looking at the end of the day, but I think that is due to the mineral sunscreens in it. but its minor. hasnt broken me out. havent used it long enough to notice skin brightening effects. I love the packaging with the little nozzle tip. color match is great (I got the lightest and Im very fair/neutral-pink undertones).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2009 9:50:00 AM More reviews by calico23

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I use the one for dry skin..

WOW WOW WOW! I have only had this a few hours, so i will be back to update. But I am so impressed so far.

Normally the ONLY foundation I can use is EL Double Wear. I love it, but I felt like a change, and my skin is very dry at the moment.

This clinique colour match is much better for me too (EL can be a bit dark) - although most of them were too pink or peach, so i was lucky i guess.

It is full coverage, with what i would call a creamy satin finish.

Loving this!! I will be back...

P.s. I use EL in Fresco, and I bought Ivory in the Clinique.

UPDATE

This stuff seems to need a powder to set it now. I dont know why the coverage doesnt seem AS good as before, and the staying power is not as good. Maybe my skin condition has worsened cos I am getting a lot of hormonal spots now.
I will continue to use it though, as I just set it with glo Minerals Glo Loose base powder,and that gives me the coverage I need and sets the foundation, while still giving me a dewy look.