Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15

3.7

Octinoxate 6%, Zinc Oxide 3.5%, Titanium Dioxide 2.9% Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Triethylhexanoin, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Peel Extract, Betula Alba (Birch) Bark Extract, Citrus Jabara Peel Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Trametes Versicolor Extract, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Sodium Mannose Phosphate, Glycerin, Sodium Myristoyl Sarcosinate, Methicone, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer-3, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Lecithin, Laureth-7, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Alumina, Sodium Chloride, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Polyaminopropyl Biguanide. [ /- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)]

on 11/12/2009 12:53:00 AM

This foundation is perfect for me - I have semi-ok skin (the odd breakout) which is Combination in Summer (at the moment).
This foundation is very liquidy, but still seems to cover my minor inperfections without a hassle. I love the subtle glow it gives my skin without making it super shiny looking. I do set it with a powder in summer though, because it would probably be too shiny by lunchtime without it.
Comes in a easy to use squeeze bottle that has a snap-lock lid.
I have found that Clinique is consistently one of the brands that I havent had reactions to...
I also love that this is photo finish! And it has an SPF - miracle!
Purchased two - one for when I'm fairer, and one for when I tan.
----------------------
EDIT: After using this for over a month, the weather went hot and my skin went super shiny. Didn't like the effect at all. Took it back and exchanged it for Superfit Foundation, which is my new HG Foundation.

on 11/10/2009 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I'm really enjoying this makeup. It's very light, gives great coverage and a little goes a long way. Since using, my skin does look smoother; but it could be the additional usage of Jergens All Purpose moisturizer at night...IDK.

But overall, I like it and I may purchase again if everything continues to go well. The only think I don't like is that it doesn't last all day...well into the night. It fades evenly.

on 11/10/2009 1:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

I'm still on the fence on this one. Clinique simply cannot get its colors correct for DDDs. In my younger years, I wore their pressed powder and it worked beautifully. There new shades are just waaaaaaay too neutral. I don't know any of my sisters black, Hispanic or biracial, who have undertones this color.
Coverage is fine, buildable but without a powder, it makes me look grey. I blame this on the sunscreen, which my skin simply doesn't like in foundations.

on 11/10/2009 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I love the finish this foundation gives me. Its a very natural and dewy finish. It definitely doesn't last that long so i usually layer another foundation over. The coverage, for me, is very light. i recently started getting pretty bad acne and scarring and it doesn't even cover up my old scars that have slowly started to clear up. I can't say if this product works to create "better" and clear skin because in conjunction with this foundation i have been using a brightening night cream(i know that works..) but i just don't feel that it is smart for me to stop using the cream to see if the foundation works for its manufacturer's claim.

on 11/9/2009 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I've been using this foundation since April and I really like it. First the bottle that is comes in is great. It keeps the foundation fresh and it has a small nozzle that you squeeze the foundation out of so you don't have any waste. The coverage is moderate. If you're looking for a full coverage foundation this is not for you. This foundation has the best feel. It gives my skin a nice glow. It doesn't feel like you have foundation on. I have noticed that my face does look more even since I've been using this. It didn't happen over night. The only negative I can find with this foundation is that it doesn't last as long as I need it to. My skin is very oily so I think that might have something to do with it. I will continue to use this product but I would like to try Superfit foundation to see if it lasts longer.

on 11/5/2009 5:34:00 PM

After using Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation for a while (which I didn't love--too watery and not blendable), I rediscovered this foundation in my medicine cabinet and had a different experience with it (I previously rated it a 2). I love it this time! My skin might have changed--I think I'm a little drier than I used to be and I like the "dewiness." I repurchased and got the right color this time--Ivory as opposed to Fair--which made a big difference. The salespeople at my Macy's seem to have a difficult time with color matching, though--when I said Fair was too pink they matched me to Buff, which made me look jaundiced. I returned it and went for Ivory, which is a fair/neutral shade.

I also bought the Even Better Concealer, which I couldn't find on here. In general, there are good and bad things about that product. Again, I think I was color-matched wrong (too dark) but other than that, the concealer is powdery/dry but still a cream, which is good because it doesn't crease into your eyelids or rub off as easily, but it's hard to apply--it really doesn't go on smoothly or blend well. It's sort of the consistency of cream eyeshadow. I will continue to use it and see how it goes. I previously used Laura Mercier secret concealer but never loved the color for fair skins--it's sort of salmony colored--not a good match for me.

on 11/3/2009 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Pretty good coverage. Dont really know if the Even Better ingredient is really working though. I havent seen any difference, It's just a decent foundation. Also, I have a hard time getting this out of my makeup brushes. It takes like 3 washings to get the gunky heavy residue out. Never had that problem before w/ Clinique foundations... Bobbi Brown should use this bottle desgin for her foundations though!!

on 10/22/2009 2:58:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This foundation offers a more sheer coverage than I expected, but overall it can cover minor redness and uneven tone. I like the glowy finish of the foundation alone, but I find that it starts to slip away quickly unless I use a powder on top. With the powder, it stays put for several hours. Overall, I am pretty happy with it but I wish they offered a wider variety of light shades.

on 10/21/2009 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

zzzzzz .. I bought this during the summer for what I thought would be a soft even color.

It gives that color and then it wears off evenly. I need MACho foundation.. so, I gave it to my 15 year old niece.

pass on this.

on 10/21/2009 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really love this foundation for pictures! I'm usually a victim of ghost face in pictures but this foundation is really great and didn't reflect light which is AMAZING because I normally have a hard time finding foundation that doesn't do that.
My only con is that they didn't have an exact match for my color. I normally used Prescriptives foundation (horrible for pictures, i had the worst ghost face) and they always made a custom color for me and Clinique doesn't offer that so I had to pick a color that wasn't my exact color and it appeared slightly orangey on my skin.