April 24, 2014 | 1811 users online

Hair - Moroccanoil - Moroccan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2010 11:35:00 PM More reviews by glvazquez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Celebrity hyped Moroccan oil was probably my worst makeup purchase of last year. I have wavy thick hair which is probably the kind of hair that would most likely benefit from this type of product ,yet even a dime sized amount makes my hair the equivalent of the BP oil spill.
Don't waste your money.Garnier Fructis silicone drops are less oily and as effective for a fraction of the price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 11:06:00 PM More reviews by k9muttlover

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am not sure how they can get away with marketing this product as an "oil" - it's nothing but a bunch of silicones with a drop of argan oil.

If you use silicone serums and like them, this product will probably do well for you. It's an awful expensive serum and what I'd call average for sure.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I'm a bit late on the Moroccanoil boat. For some reason, I thought it was like argan oil (which I have used on my skin and hair before), so I decided not go buy it. However, after seeing all of the editorials, I decided to give it a try. I purchased the small bottle at Duane Reade for $13.99. For reference, I have shoulder length color treated hair that is thick and slightly wavy. It has a tendency to frizz, but the roots are also oily.

Moroccanoil is a lightweight serum - proportionately has more silicones than any oil, so if you are wary of oil, this should be fine. I use about a nickel sized amount on damp hair, working in from the ends to about half an inch from the roots. I find this absorbs quickly, and when my hair dries, it just feels very soft and smooth. I have tried this both with heat styling and with air drying, and both have yielded about the same results, so I don't think any of the ingredients are heat activated.

The packaging, as some have noted, is slightly cumbersome, because there is no pump, and the bottle is glass. I've been super careful not to spill or knock it over. The smell is slightly coconutty (less nutty than pure argan), and the serum is a mid-brown color, a bit lighter than maple syrup.

I did take off a lippie because this isn't as good as my Phytodefrisant at keeping frizzies at bay. On super humid days, I am still frizzy. Overall, though, I do like Moroccanoil and find that it gives my hair a nice, smooth texture on normal days. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2010 8:08:00 PM More reviews by OfYourHeart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought the small bottle of this for about $15 after using this at my friend's house. The price is pretty average for salon hair care.
The packaging quality I gave a 1. For the ammount I use (about 1/2 a dime size for below shoulder length dry hair), it needs to have a pump instead of a dump-out bottle. When there is oil all over my hands, it is difficult to close and hold. Hair also gets wrapped around the neck of the bottle if you close after applying. The only good thing is the dark-amber color to preserve the solution.
My hair is wavy and fine. I use it after I straighten my hair. It leaves it with a beautiful shine and less frizzy. It also makes my ends less fried from bleaching and heat-styling. I only use it from my ears down or it gets greasy.
I notice I use less and it works better on dry hair than wet. It does allow my hair to dry faster if I apply wet though.
Overall, good product! I use it daily and have noticed again. I will buy again...at least until I find something better.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/26/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by TJ9

I hate that I love this. I first tried it when I had my hair colored and the stylist used it on me before blow drying. My hair never looked and felt so soft and "flowey." I eventually snagged a bottle for myself. It makes my hair soft and more manageable and less frizzy. I use it both before and after I blow dry.

I am desperately seeking an alternative to this because I hate spending $40 on it. So far, I've tried LiveClean Argon Oil( about $12), and Marrakesh Oil (about $22 I believe I paid for it). They are both good substitutes on days when I don't want to "waste" my Moroccan Oil, they have a nice smell, but not as beachy as the Moroccan Oil, and they do not leave my hair as frizz free as the Moroccan Oil..

If it wasnt for the price Id pour the whole bottle on my head. But it definetly is a must try if you have given up hope on anything making your hair look and feel healthy!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by klo925

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been through 4 large bottles of this product! Smells awesome. Doesn't weigh down your hair or cause it to look oily/greasy. Wish it was a bit more moisturizing, however. And, it is a bit pricey..

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by Preciosajade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My mom works in a Proffesionnal hair dress, And this is the BEST product you can ever have, First, It smells good, I use it when i get off the shower (a lot), it make my hair look healty, Shinny, and SO SOFT! After, i Straight my hair and put a little bit again in my hair and its just AMAZING ( i have thick and LONG hair)! And it makes my split end DISAPEAR also my hair are not puffy! and do you know that after a lot of use it actually repair your hair?

P.s.
It doesnt makes my hair look greasy AT ALL! Love this product im never going to stop buying it!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Savvy4

I have Extremely thick, wavy and coarse hair. I am one of those girls who are never happy with their hair color and am constantly changing it and dying the S*** out of it. This product DOES do wonders. It is thick but not two thick, pretty good smell, and when used PROPERLY is a miracle. It is important that you use this product generally on the ENDS of your hair. As well, to but it in your hair when it is DAMP before you blow dry it as the heat from the blow dryer will allow it to penetrate your hair better. After your are done styling add a little more to the tips of your hair. This controls frizz and helps seals the cuticles so their is less visible damage and dryness to the end of the hair shaft. I would definantly recommend this to anyone with damaged hair!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/23/2010 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Candieee

I have thick, curly hair that I straighten alot and I used this (along with the shampoo and conditioner) and was not impressed. The oil is very thick but doesnt do really anything. I notice no difference in my hair. I finally returned to pearatin fortifying hair serum which I will never be without. It is heaven, seriously.

As for the shampoo and conditioner, i accidently left them at the beach while camping :[ but the shampoo doesnt lather well = you keep trying to use more and more and its expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by tracyandmax

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought a small size bottle of this Moroccanoil mainly due to the advertisement of this product claiming to work wonders. I used this for a week straight and I found it to be no different than any of the other salon brand serums on the market. The consistantsy is too thick and I also do not care for the smell. Made my hair very greasy looking especially the 2nd day if I didn't wash it. I will not be finishing up this product and I will be going back to Biosilk silk therapy which is much easier to use.