Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

on 10/30/2003 10:52:00 PM

I really like this stuff. It doesn't plump them up...it doesn't lengthen, and make my lashes look freakishly long and pointy. Just colour...all I wanted. If you don't want it to clump onto your lashes though, all you have to do is just wipe the wand onto a klenex or something, which isn't a problem, I've ended up doing that with every mascara I've ever tried. One downfall is that if you blink a little to hard...or harshly, when you put it on, it will rub off very easily. Overall, a good product, I'll be buying it again.
Addition: Lately, for some reason, I've been having problems with it running and smudging...maybe I'll reconsider buying this again...

on 10/28/2003 1:47:00 AM

I tried this having heard good things. I used to use Featherlash and loved it, but it was discontinued in Canada. I did' think it was that good and will return it. I don't know if it is that my lashes aren't what I thought they were a few years ago, or if the mascara actually sucks. I find it takes too much eye makeup remover to get it off and too much rubbing. Its hard on my eyes and pocket book to require so much product to get it off for something that is not great. It doesn't make the lashes full, I guess because it goes on thin. This is the 7th or 8th I have tried to replace Feather Lash. I tried Rimmel but it only comes in black and it was too harsh with my fair skin and red hair. The search continues...next it will be Full and Soft...

on 10/28/2003 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow, if I wanted to look like a racoon, then I hit the jackpot. Personally, I dont find it attractive to have ALL my lashes glopped together to form one big clumpy uni-lash. Plus, whats with the tacky tube? It's lime green and neon pink? Its 2003 baby! If this works for you...I want to meet you. Whats the trick?

Use of this product resulted in about four goopy, overly-dark eyelashes per eye. I bought it because of positive reviews on makeup411.com. This is one of those mascaras that probably works great if you need a little lash darkening. Since I need length, width, color (lashes, period), this was not the product for me. Looks and smells like tar, and the pink&green tube is really tacky.

on 10/26/2003 1:10:00 AM

I reviewed it about last year. And recently I've been using Blackest Black, so I thought it might be O.K. to review this shade again. Umm, it's not the blackest black on my lashes but I can tell you, it gives me the blackest black racoon eyes I've ever had. Gosh, it smudges like crazy. Even my Lancome, Shiseido and Etude mascara primer don't work with this crap. Are you tend to have racoon eyes? Please be very careful.

on 10/11/2003 4:58:00 PM

I can't explain how BAD I wanted to love this. But it's just awful--not even a tolerable product. My qualm is not with how it makes my lashes look (fairly dark and separated--OK but not fantastic). When you apply this, the wet, wet formula will leave splatters of black all over...no matter how careful you are. Then, every 15 minutes or so you have to clean up the dark circles that have formed beneath your eyes. Not worth it! ANY drugstore mascara would stay on better than this. Who wants to spend the whole day wondering how her mascara looks? (and rushing to mirrors to wipe up the mess). Skip it!!!! Strangely enough, my all time favorite mascara, Illegal Lengths, is also Maybelline.

on 10/22/2003 6:38:00 AM

I have to say this is not as bad as some make out. the colour is a nice rich black, and it defines my lashes nicely. Negative side, it smudges and it doesn't thicken at all, which I like to have whn I go out. Too runny, but good colour

on 10/18/2003 11:11:00 AM

i liked the clinique mascara better, i have the curved bush version of great lash mascara and personally i thought it kinda sucked because it didn't curl my eyelashes(i use an eyelash curler), otherwise it was a good mascara.

on 10/9/2003 7:00:00 PM

My first mascara was greatlash, but this was back when i had no idea how good mascaras could get. I tried this again after hearing tons of raves i tried it again. Good color, BAD brush/formula. Smudgy and not cool at all!

on 10/7/2003 7:23:00 PM

I actually used to hate this mascara with a passion, until now. Maybelline really did a great job changing the formula with the new "Blackest Black" shade. It is totally different: watery and thin, but not in a bad way (unlike my HG Chanel's thick gel texture). It lengthens, thickens, defines, does not clump, does not smudge, holds a curl and is just wonderful! I never thought I'd be saying this about Great Lash, but I am. My only gripe is that you DO need to replace this mascara in a timely manner (every 3 months or sooner), because once it gets old it's back to the good old Great Lash again: it clumps, gives you spider lashes, turns to tar, and is just a mess... Not that replacing this would be a problem, as it costs around $4-5 at most drugstores. Go with Blackest Black, and make sure to curl your lashes FIRST, and do NOT wait for each coat to dry before applying another. Apply 2-3 coats (or more) in rapid succession and you will witness what I have! PS: It still runs, but I assume that that will never change.