Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Ozokerite, Shellac, Glyceryl Stearate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium 15, Simethicone, Quaternium 22, Butylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides (CI 77492, CI 77491, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide (CI 77510) (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470) (CI 75470), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289) (CI 77289), Manganese Violet (CI 77742)

I have this in Brownish Black. So-so mascara, does the trick but doesn't stay long and smudges easily. Not impressed. I wouldn't buy again. Ugly container!

on 9/25/2003 12:59:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Uh, I really do NOT see where the hype about this came from. I looked like I had glued tarantulas to my eyelids....

Oh, and whatever you do, don't get the BLACKEST BLACK....unless you're still stuck in your "I want to be in The Cure" phase.

on 9/23/2003 2:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

so many years, this has been touted as the best. because of this, i have always thought i could not use mascara if this is the best it gets.

it has always given me clumpy ugly tammy faye lashes and smudges with the slightest tear in the eye.

they sure do make alot of money off of this -- and they haven't even had to redesign the ugly 70s tube....

on 9/20/2003 10:43:00 PM

i like the brush because it does its job and makes my lashes longer and a bit thicker. my only complaint is that it smudges- bad.

on 9/19/2003 4:00:00 PM

I think this is a great mascara for $5.
I use it when I don't want a very made up look.
It does clump but so do the expensive mascaras I use.
I don't find it to lengthen my lashes very much.
But I think it's a good basic.

on 9/18/2003 6:57:00 PM

This in "Very Black" has been my staple mascara for about 4 years now. What can I say? I love it! However, it is one of those cometics you really have to practice with to get the desired effect. I believe the reason a lot of people don't like this is because they probably haven't experimented with it enough. I would know- I hated this stuff at first. Once you learn how to apply it the right way as to avoid the clumps/gooeyness, it lengthens and darkens the lashes like no other! That said, I don't think this is the mascara of choice for "Natural" looking girls. C'mon people- there's a REASON this is the #1 mascara!

on 9/18/2003 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It's cheap, highly over-rated and really did nothing for my lashes. I also found that it stings my eyes and flakes by the end of day. If you want a good mascara, splurge and buy Lancome or L'Oreal.

on 9/14/2003 7:55:00 PM

Why this product is touted as one beloved by all the top models is beyond me! This is probably the gunkiest slime to ever find its way onto a wand and into a garish tube. It has the consistancy of roof tar on an August afternoon, and would probably best serve its purpose as such.

Run for your life!

on 9/12/2003 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have it in soft black. First of all, i have really difficult eyelashes. They're really long, they're not stick straight (some are naturally curled), but some of them are grown to the side (?), like when i use my shu curler, they're all curled except for the ones that are determined not to go up, not down, but sideways if that makes sense. anyways, the first time i tried this it was horrible! it was really really wet, and not knowing that it got everywhere, raccoon eyes and all, and it clumped! i tried it again a couple of days later and horray, to my surprise, they ACTUALLY separated (first time! i never expected it). Usually i can't put more than one coat, and because it is kinda 'wet' i can put 2 coats and still form them. They actually stay up and they thicken and look even longer (which is crazy). Summary, u just have to play with it, maybe it doesnt work on some, but this mascara surprised me in more than one way!!

on 9/12/2003 1:54:00 PM

It does a decent job lenghtening/thickening, but is not the wonder product magazines would lead you to believe. I've noticed it flakes a little, leaving a smudge under my lower lashes at the end of the day (I only apply on upper). As with all mascaras, it's more effective if you curl first.