April 20, 2014 | 1674 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2003 2:05:00 AM More reviews by DJCee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I am very picky with mascara and I just don't like any drugstore mascaras, but this is the worst of Maybelline mascara and they are all bad. If this was the last mascara on earth I would go without. AND I looove mascara so thats saying a lot.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2003 1:07:00 AM More reviews by Lislaz

Also heard the hype and eventually got it in the mail for free!

Still -- hated it.

Clumpy, gloppy and messy.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2003 12:58:00 AM More reviews by Tombraider1970

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I was so relieved to read that I was not the only one who hates this mascara! We've all been brainwashed to believe this is the best drugstore quality mascara on the market. Not so! It's clumpy and looks gross. I've tried it more than once, and each time I remember why I tossed the last tube! If you can still find it, Maybelline's Lash By Lash is way better!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2003 12:17:00 AM More reviews by krampus

I tried this mascara years ago and I hated it. But I decided to give it another try, because I can't stand all of those fibre-y mascaras that flake all over the place. This is a really liquid sort of mascara, and it works best with two coats. I agree that it is not the most water-resistant mascara in the world, but at least I'm not always picking those annoying gobs off the tips of my lashes anymore.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2003 9:22:00 PM More reviews by mzgrvr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have come to the conclusion that all the hollywood ladies LIE when they say this is thier HG mascara. I have tried to use this mascara more than once, but everytime, it ends up in the trash, my sister who gets all my cast offs won't even accept it. It is clumpy, it is not lengthening or volumizing. It just stinks. A bad product. IMHO Clinique makes the best mascara's I have ever used.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2003 5:50:00 PM More reviews by ixmocane

I bought this because I saw it on so many "best of" lists, but I don't know how it gets on all those lists. It takes lots of time to get even the littlest extra fullness, though it does go on without clumping. I do like this in Royal Blue, but I just use that over my L'Oreal Voluminous for color on the tips.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2003 12:28:00 AM More reviews by Catlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this in the new shade 'blackest black'. I do realize everyone has different mascara preferences. I find this one builds nice long soft lashes that are a rich black and glossy looking. BUT and its a BIG but, I wouldn't recommmend it for summer(heat or humidity) wear or anytime when crying might happen. It does take a long time to dry so be careful. I think its a nice mascara if it fits your preferences. Pretty cheap. I buy it on sale and only pay $1.43 for it w/ a coupon.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2003 12:22:00 AM More reviews by KitKat17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think Maybelline is paying a lot of magazines a lot of money to tout this product. All it's ever done for me is clump and smear.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2003 6:55:00 PM More reviews by luckie6702

This is my least favorite mascara. I decided I would try it because I had read rave after rave about it in the magazines, but I threw it out after my first use. I left my lashes clumpy, brittle, and unnatural looking. I am seriously considering writing a letter to InStyle magazine about how they should not further advertise this horrible mascara!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/25/2003 11:43:00 AM More reviews by jros

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Why, oh why!? I am not sure what kind of lashes the people have who rave about this, but for my normal/thin lashes it is worst product ever made. I end up with three spikes for lashes. And it melts off to become indelible ink under the eye. So much for waterproof.