Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

2.1

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Beeswax, Glyeryl Sterarate, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methylparaben, Quaternium-15, Simethicone, Quarternium-15, Butylparaben. May Contain: CI 77492, CI77499, 77491 / Iron Oxides CI77007 / Ultramarines, Mica, CI77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI75470 / Carmine, CI77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI77742 / Manganese Violet. CI77742.

on 11/26/2003 7:29:00 PM

Why, oh, why does this make to the top of every MA's list? It's got to be some bizarre conspiracy, because this mascara sucks. It's wet and gloopy and smeary and generally nasty, and getting more and more overpriced, too. WTF? If I'm getting a drugstore mascara, it is much more likely to be Voluminous, which is far superior.

The hype of being the "best" mascara is a lie. I bought some just because I needed mascara and heard it was the best. I used it twice before getting rid of it because I just can't stand it. The brush is very small and that means it takes longer to put on. Would use in a pinch but not willingly!

on 11/20/2003 9:55:00 PM

I don't know what all the hype is and why this gets on every "BEST" list...but personally I think this mascara is one of the worst. It clumps, smudges and flakes. I do have to say one good thing....it is a very deep black color!!!

on 11/20/2003 8:11:00 PM

This is the worse mascara...
I love the color, it is really black and shiny - or maybe that's just because it never dries. It doesn't flake or clump - but again, because it never dries. When I blink, I end up with spiderweb designs under my eyes - because it never dries. (can you tell what my main complaint is, LOL) It doesn't lengthen, thicken, or curl. It doesn't do anything. And it never dries.

Works well, but needs a firm hand. I don't like the brush much, leaves some clumps. The packaging is a real turn-off for me, so plasticky! It is a good start for girls who are experimenting with makeup, but I now go for MAC or La-Roche-Posay, much safer on the eyes.

on 11/19/2003 5:49:00 PM

This mascara is awesome. I have the shortest and straightest eyelashes that don't even curl or lengthen when i put on mascara, I have to use an eyelash curler first. This mascara really lengthend my lashes and made them thick. It was pretty cheap too. I would buy this product again.

on 11/18/2003 3:32:00 PM

Standard mascara. Not bad, not great.

UrgH!!!

on 11/16/2003 8:17:00 PM

I don't understand why so many magazines act like this is a beauty staple. It is horrendous. Clumpy and does nothing to lengthen or volumize. This gives drug store mascaras a bad name. Try Max Factor mascaras if you are looking for a great quality, low-priced mascara.

It doesn't clump, it separates, it lenghtens and thickens a bit, and easy to wash off. It gives a natural, soft look on me (short to medium length lashes pointing downwards) and it holds my curl. But the only downfall of this product is that it smudges. I was testing it out at home and it smudged after 5 hours.