July 26, 2014 | 971 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by santhia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My friend was trying to get show me the benefits of a primer (she uses Smashbox herself, but will only use it on rare occasions when she has to look flawless) but Smashbox was just WAY too expensive then I found these reviews.

So far, I"ve used it for couple of days and to say my skin is oily is a total understatement, but this actually made a difference! I've only had to blot once today and its already noon!! (oh, I've also just started using Makup for ever, duo matt) and my skin looks amazing! But after reading more of the reviews, maybe i'll just use this every once in a while instead of everyday like I was planning on...I breakout easily...so far nothing's gone wrong yet, but I don't want to end up hating this. Will try to remember to update later.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by LadyofAvalon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is very similar to Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. For my skin, I thought that while it did make my face incredibly soft, it took away the "life" from my face. It looked too dry once I put foundation over it (and I tried powder, cream, and liquid). My face was just "flat." My makeup did smooth over it, but I thought I looked better, "fresher" and more alive without this primer. It didn't break-me-out, which is good, because a lot of primers do.
I feel this is very comparable to the Smashbox primer, but I am not thrilled with that one either. I am still on my quest for a great primer. I've just heard about a Clarins one, so that's where I am going next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by OjosVerdes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

There isn't much I can add that hasn't already been mentioned by other reviewers, but I'll chime in anyway about how great this stuff is. Definitely HG primer .... after using Pure Luxe original eraser ($16 for 10 ml) for for several years as both a primer and eraser, I decided to give the Monistat a shot.

Not only is it dirt cheap, but it works just as well, or even better than the PL eraser (which in my experience, tends to dry out pretty quickly). I use it under my makeup as a primer, which gives me an "airbrushed look", and over my foundation and powder under my eyes to fill in little fine lines. It lasts all day, and seems to help control my extremely oily skin as well. Although I've not tried all the primers available out there, I don't think I'll ever bother as I'm so happy with this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyDoll10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG! I have never tried a primer before, except a Mary Kay eyeshadow primer. I was skeptical of this and was expecting to break out so I was surprised. It dries very quickly too and I use a large pea sized amount for my t zone and the apples of my cheeks.
I am not an extremely oily chick, but I am oily. The only time I have to blot with this stuff is when its very hot outside.
My concealer and powder foundation usually didnt look bad before unless I was having a bad skin day in general, but this stuff makes it look better. It also gives great staying power and its nice that I dont have to worry about retouching.
I have used this product for a week and a half and I have not broken out from it. I think the trick is the make sure you get all of it off at night. I do double washing. I wash my face once quickly, then put my face wash on again and let it sit for awhile before I wash it off the second time. (Before using this, I didnt do the first quick wash) I do this just to make sure I get it all off.
My skin care regimen doesnt keep me completely clear, so Im pretty sure the stray zit Ive gotten here or there since using this is a result of that than using this.
I do use it as an eyeshadow primer. My eyeshadow does fade after 5-6 hrs but it doesnt crease which was an issue before since my eyelids are def oily. I would rather have all over fading than crease lines of goop on my eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Mrs_Pooky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually use this for its intended purpose and adore it! I'm a runner and triathlete. Since being pregnant and having my daughter nine months ago, my thighs aren't bouncing back as quickly as they did after my son. So, when I run, I've been dealing with some very unpleasant chafing on my upper thighs, especially after I get sweaty. I apply this before a run and, viola, no more chafing. I just used it for a half-marathon yesterday and I didn't suffer any chafing whatsoever. I usually start to get uncomfortable around mile 5. The stuff lasts very well, even through sweat.

I know this is Makeup Ally and most people want to hear reviews about makeup and skincare, but I figured this might be helpful for those who want to use it for its advertised purpose. It's a great product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by meredithd20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. I was using BE Prime Time every morning before applying my Bare Minerals, but at $25 a bottle it was getting way too pricey. I think the Monistat works even better, because it dries with a nice powdery finish.

I was definitely nervous about putting vag cream on my face, but it has been 3 weeks and I have not broken out. It keeps my minerals on all day - this weekend I even sat in the hot sun for 6 hours and my makeup stayed on (a miracle!), thanks to Monistat! I recommend using only a pea-sized amount and smoothing it on after your moisturizer has dried. Less is definitely more here, and you can believe that from me, because I tend to pile on product like it is going out of style.

UPDATE: I have now been using this for about 9 months, and am still a huge fan. It has not prompted any breakouts, and a tiny amount provides just enough cling for my Bare Minerals to stay on for hours. I do not miss my BE Prime Time at all... (though it IS less embarrassing to put BE in my Ziploc bag at the airport than it is to haul around Monistat chafing gel).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2009 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Ogstar

It makes a GREAT primer!!! My make-up (makeup forever HD stuff w/loose powder on top) looks great all day! I do have to blot just a little around my nose towards the end of the day just once but before I was doing it allll the time. I tried Revlons primer with the gold cap and clear squarish body, this is so much better. THAT was sooo greasy. You can do a test at the store, just put a smidge on your hand and rub in and do a side by side comparison. You'll see the difference and it'll sell itself. Before this last week I was an ALL sephora/ulta girl. If it didn't have a high price, it didn't work. THIS WEEK I'VE BEEN PROVED SO WRONG. Read my reviews on Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner, Lemon Juice as a lightener for uneven areas on your face, and Olay 7-in-1 Blemish cream cleanser.

This stuff works! You'll look great. Feel so good going on too!

God Bless! I pray it works for you!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 9:42:00 PM More reviews by Cparrott09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this as a primer. Thanks so much for u ladies who suggested this over Smashbox primer, which I love. This is amazing, feels great on the skin and makes it baby soft. Also works great under my Revlon Colorstay foundation. Doesn't let it set into my lines or pores and provides a very smooth surface for application.
Love the packaging, bought it as a 3-pack from Amazon and even with shipping it was still cheaper to buy then getting the Smashbox primer. The bottle comes in a nice tube that allows me to put it on my makeup palette and keep it hygenic. Definately recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2009 2:20:00 PM More reviews by jma24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't know how i stumbled upon this review but i figured i might as well try it. I had never used a primer before and have oily skin so my foundation was always wearing off in the afternoon and i always had to apply powder. I'm so glad i found this! it makes my skin look so smooth and fantastic and it like clings to my foundation ( Maybelline matte mousse) and makes it last really long and i don't have to blot all day. Great deal too as a tube is only 8 dollars and it lasts a year or more.

UPDATE- I don't know if it is just in canada but it seems like this has been discontinued and i can't find it anywhere! :(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 2:03:00 AM More reviews by SkullGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

As a primer, this stuff works. Honestly, I have never been able to keep eyeshadow on my lids flawlessly for more than the time it takes to apply it. Extremely oily eyelids, even if the rest of my face is dry as hell. The container is a small squeeze container so the perfect amount is always available. I mix a tiny dot in with my moisturizer and it makes a great base for my whole face. Another tiny, and I mean tiny, dot for each eyelid makes my MMU last for hours.

I don't know about using it every day for foundation priming on oily skin, though, as cones to tend to create the unpleasant kind of slip with sweaty faces.