Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

3.9

Active Ingredients: Dimethicone (1.2%) Inactive Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone/ Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Tocopheryl Acetate, Trisiloxane. ---------------------------------------------------- COMPARISON: SmashBox Photo Finish Primer ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Trisiloxane, Silica, Dimethicone/ Vinyldimethicone Crosspolymer, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Extract, Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua, Eau), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cola Acuminata Seed Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract.

on 11/17/2009 1:41:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I've been using MAC Matte and switched to this because I'm a sucker for saving a few bucks. This is ok...just ok. Texture is lighter and not as "dense" as MAC Matte. It keeps my makeup on longer than if I hadn't used it, but it doesn't stay on as long as I'd like. I really prefer MAC Matte. Now I just have to decide if I'm going back to it or not, because this is so much cheaper.

on 11/9/2009 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Regarding primers, I've only tried this one, Rimmel's Fix and Perfect, Avon Magix, and Avon Tinted Magix. I think this performs comparably to the Avon Magix - both provide a very silicone-y barrier on the face that erases pores and allows a smooth application. However, the Monistat performs better at controlling oil. Unfortunately, probably as a result of that, Monistat's gel breaks me out if I use it for too many consecutive days or if I wear it on a very hot day. Thus, I save both the Monistat and the Avon for days when I really want to be poreless and look flawless. For daily wear, I'd choose the Rimmel primer, which doesn't erase pores nearly as well as the Monistat or Avon but is the best at controlling my oil and doesn't break me out.

on 11/8/2009 3:16:00 PM

when i first used this product it worked so well made me flawless and no blotting use at all but after a while it started to break me out and made my face super oily. I don't think that this product works well after a while like i think that if your skin is too used to this product it just stops working wonders.

on 11/8/2009 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

been using this for about 3 weeks and can only say WOW! so so affordable and for a better product IMHO. no extra fillers or fragrances. MMU glides on and looks so dewy and natural with this "primer". I was using BE prime time for the longest but it always seemed to make me greasy, never went on even, and too expensive. No more! I recently sent an email to the johnson and johnson company that owns monistat and asked if this was being discontinued. (i freaked out too and bought 3 extra tubes, with 1 i am currently using not even a quarter gone. Hey when you find something that works you stock pile ;)) they replied saying that the product was still being made. thank goodness!! now i can stop freaking. lol!
I have changed my routine cleansing though. i make sure to use a microfiber cloth after an initial cleanse to get any residue off my face at night. ive always been a little OCD about cleaning everything off but have had no problems with clogged pores when i make sure to wash extra good. definitely going to keep buying this product!

on 11/8/2009 10:55:00 AM

I read that using Monistat 2% will make your hair grow faster if you apply it to your scalp. Not sure if this is true but it is interesting.

on 11/8/2009 10:32:00 AM

I read the reviews and have to admit I am firmly in the YES camp for this product. I have used DHC primer, Sephora's, Smashbox, and Avon's primers. This looks the same, feels the same, and to me, at least, performs the same. My skin feels soft and smooth, my makeup glides on and stays on. My quibble with Smashbox primer (which was my HG primer) was the delivery system. The pump would work fine for about 1/2 of the bottle, and then would refuse to move more product. I'd have to open the bottle and scoop some out with a q-tip. This tube solves that problem for me. I'm loving it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Pros:
Made my skin feel smooth and silky
Made foundation look airbrushed and perfect
Prevented foundation from oxidizing to an ashy color
Easy to apply
A lot of product for the price

Cons:
Caused pore congestion
Broke me out
Skin felt itchy in some spots
Seemed like skin couldn't breathe under this

I really liked how this made my makeup look and I LOVED that it kept my foundation from oxidizing but, unfortunately, it made my skin itchy and broke me out. I might just be sensitive to silicones, so I'd say try it and see how your skin reacts to it.

on 11/6/2009 12:11:00 AM

I haven't used this yet but I was just wondering about this product being discontinued. I got all freaked out too but this product is still on the monistat website and i found 3 tubes in longs drugs. I understand that this is very difficult to find but I don't think its discontinued. I asked longs drugs and they didn't hear anything about that.

also I just called target and they have a bunch of tubes too and the guy said that its still an active product

comments anyone? cuz i want to buy this up if it is discontinued

on 11/3/2009 10:42:00 PM

I keep this in my bag at all times! It has too many uses. Ditto on the positive raves from the other reviewers. However...it not only works great as a face primer (a little goes a long way).... I use it when I run...I have a few shirts that rub my inner upper arm....But my favorite is ON MY FEET! I never understood how women could wear high heel pumps without hose and not get blisters. My poor feet were in bad shape. THEN, I used it on the areas where the "rub" was the worst...ta-da....I did not have one blister the rest of the summer and no hose! If it really is discontinued I going out and buying what's left at RiteAid!

on 11/3/2009 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium

If it's true this has been discontinued, I'm going on a hunt to buy up all I can. It's at least half the price of even the cheapest silicone-based primer and works better than most of them. 24/7 has a good primer, as does Carmindy's line with Sally Hansen. I find primer essential to my drier skin, and to get it for so little money and have it work as well if not better than the 'real' stuff is really fun. Highly recommend!