August 22, 2014 | 1114 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by whitebook

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is very similar to Lancome LA BASE PRO. I am attracted to this due to the price. I mixed it with liquid foundation, and the foundation immediately turn very light on skin, which is a plus. I am using NYX the Make Up and studio fix separately. I use this primer and the two, well, it feels great, it looks a little bit better, smooth and even, but it's not wow. (FYI, i don't like the MakeUp and Studio Fix that much, just that I bought it, and I need to finish it.) So, i don't know if it's the foundations or what. I am not very surprised.
Update: the dimethicone or whatever clogs my pores! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by marissaz6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When my mineral makeup settled into my fine lines on my forehead (how embarassing) I thought I'd look into using a primer. I'd never used one before but after reading the reviews here I found myself in the feminine hygiene aisle picking up a tube of this gel. How wonderful! My makeup slid on effortlessly, stayed where it was supposed to, and fine lines were nowhere to be found! Also, I am very prone to breakouts but lo and behold-- nothing! I used this on my wedding day and my pictures look natural and amazing. I would repurchase but I don't see myself ever running out of this as I am lazy and only bother to use this for special occasions.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by sayJENN

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This made my skin absolutely, silky soft - just like the other ladies did. It held my makeup great. I'm in high school and my school day lasts at least 9 hours every day. My m/u looked pretty decent by the time I washed my face, which was at late night. I didn't have any extra breakouts at all (I wash my face with the Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser and it washes away all my m/u).

I'm having issues with picking whether this deserves 3 or 4 lippies though. I've never used a primer before, so this is basically my first one. I have VERY OILY skin, and though this has a silicone that's supposed to keep oil from getting to the surface, I was VERY oily within probably ... 5 hours? The thing is, my oil wasn't too noticeable and my skin wasn't a great big grease-ball, but it sure felt like it did! I don't normally blot throughout my school day b/c I am lazy, so I know how my skin feels by the end of the day. And using this made me feel horrible, I had to use 3 or 4 blotting sheets, usually I only need 2. I used it for about a month, but have since stopped.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by adagio141

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I read about this powder gel a couple of days ago on this website. At first I thought Monistat?! That's in the wrong category for primers. After reading a few reviews and searching a few other sites, I decided to give it a try. I told my mom about it and she went to Walmart today and got us both a tube. I tried it tonight (just over my makeup since I haven't washed my face for bed yet.) I'm really impressed already. It made the fine lines disappear under my eyes. I even tried it on the back of one hand and it looks much smoother than the other hand. We'll see how it does tomorrow when I put it on before my makeup. Keeping my fingers crossed until then...
here's a pic...http://img.makeupalley.com/8/6/0/7/1419219.JPG
I tried it under my right eye and not the left. Virtually no lines under my right eye. I did not edit this pic at all (proof with the oily skin and messy brows lol.)
Update: I tried it again the next morning on a clean face and didn't get the same results of smoothing out wrinkles. I've used it occasionally since but it hasn't been life changing lol.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2009 12:41:00 PM More reviews by santhia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My friend was trying to get show me the benefits of a primer (she uses Smashbox herself, but will only use it on rare occasions when she has to look flawless) but Smashbox was just WAY too expensive then I found these reviews.

So far, I"ve used it for couple of days and to say my skin is oily is a total understatement, but this actually made a difference! I've only had to blot once today and its already noon!! (oh, I've also just started using Makup for ever, duo matt) and my skin looks amazing! But after reading more of the reviews, maybe i'll just use this every once in a while instead of everyday like I was planning on...I breakout easily...so far nothing's gone wrong yet, but I don't want to end up hating this. Will try to remember to update later.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2009 9:54:00 PM More reviews by LadyofAvalon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is very similar to Smashbox Photo Finish Primer. For my skin, I thought that while it did make my face incredibly soft, it took away the "life" from my face. It looked too dry once I put foundation over it (and I tried powder, cream, and liquid). My face was just "flat." My makeup did smooth over it, but I thought I looked better, "fresher" and more alive without this primer. It didn't break-me-out, which is good, because a lot of primers do.
I feel this is very comparable to the Smashbox primer, but I am not thrilled with that one either. I am still on my quest for a great primer. I've just heard about a Clarins one, so that's where I am going next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by OjosVerdes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

There isn't much I can add that hasn't already been mentioned by other reviewers, but I'll chime in anyway about how great this stuff is. Definitely HG primer .... after using Pure Luxe original eraser ($16 for 10 ml) for for several years as both a primer and eraser, I decided to give the Monistat a shot.

Not only is it dirt cheap, but it works just as well, or even better than the PL eraser (which in my experience, tends to dry out pretty quickly). I use it under my makeup as a primer, which gives me an "airbrushed look", and over my foundation and powder under my eyes to fill in little fine lines. It lasts all day, and seems to help control my extremely oily skin as well. Although I've not tried all the primers available out there, I don't think I'll ever bother as I'm so happy with this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 3:06:00 PM More reviews by KimberlyDoll10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG! I have never tried a primer before, except a Mary Kay eyeshadow primer. I was skeptical of this and was expecting to break out so I was surprised. It dries very quickly too and I use a large pea sized amount for my t zone and the apples of my cheeks.
I am not an extremely oily chick, but I am oily. The only time I have to blot with this stuff is when its very hot outside.
My concealer and powder foundation usually didnt look bad before unless I was having a bad skin day in general, but this stuff makes it look better. It also gives great staying power and its nice that I dont have to worry about retouching.
I have used this product for a week and a half and I have not broken out from it. I think the trick is the make sure you get all of it off at night. I do double washing. I wash my face once quickly, then put my face wash on again and let it sit for awhile before I wash it off the second time. (Before using this, I didnt do the first quick wash) I do this just to make sure I get it all off.
My skin care regimen doesnt keep me completely clear, so Im pretty sure the stray zit Ive gotten here or there since using this is a result of that than using this.
I do use it as an eyeshadow primer. My eyeshadow does fade after 5-6 hrs but it doesnt crease which was an issue before since my eyelids are def oily. I would rather have all over fading than crease lines of goop on my eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2009 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Mrs_Pooky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually use this for its intended purpose and adore it! I'm a runner and triathlete. Since being pregnant and having my daughter nine months ago, my thighs aren't bouncing back as quickly as they did after my son. So, when I run, I've been dealing with some very unpleasant chafing on my upper thighs, especially after I get sweaty. I apply this before a run and, viola, no more chafing. I just used it for a half-marathon yesterday and I didn't suffer any chafing whatsoever. I usually start to get uncomfortable around mile 5. The stuff lasts very well, even through sweat.

I know this is Makeup Ally and most people want to hear reviews about makeup and skincare, but I figured this might be helpful for those who want to use it for its advertised purpose. It's a great product.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2009 2:00:00 PM More reviews by meredithd20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. I was using BE Prime Time every morning before applying my Bare Minerals, but at $25 a bottle it was getting way too pricey. I think the Monistat works even better, because it dries with a nice powdery finish.

I was definitely nervous about putting vag cream on my face, but it has been 3 weeks and I have not broken out. It keeps my minerals on all day - this weekend I even sat in the hot sun for 6 hours and my makeup stayed on (a miracle!), thanks to Monistat! I recommend using only a pea-sized amount and smoothing it on after your moisturizer has dried. Less is definitely more here, and you can believe that from me, because I tend to pile on product like it is going out of style.

UPDATE: I have now been using this for about 9 months, and am still a huge fan. It has not prompted any breakouts, and a tiny amount provides just enough cling for my Bare Minerals to stay on for hours. I do not miss my BE Prime Time at all... (though it IS less embarrassing to put BE in my Ziploc bag at the airport than it is to haul around Monistat chafing gel).