October 23, 2014 | 1248 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2009 10:25:00 PM More reviews by dopalives

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Throwing my hat in the ring for this one. I waited a long time to try it. I'm pleasantly surprised! Even better than my Laura Mercier. A must-have product if you use mineral makeup. I can see this becoming a staple. I will continue to use it. I will edit this review if I break out. So far so good. YAY!

EDIT: Stopped working well for me. Not sure why, but the oilies came back.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Lisahh

I broke down and tried this product because I wanted to know what all the hype was about. Like a lot of reviewers here, I did NOT like this product the first time I used it. The thing that worried me was that it felt kind of runny/greasy. The next morning I gave it another try, and it seemed that overnight the cold air made the product less runny. I smoothed a thin layer on my cheeks and forehead (because that is the only area that gets dry and flaky) and all I got to say is..wow! My foundation went on smooth with no powdery finish. I'm only going to use this on the areas where I actually need it. I do apply a moisturizer or sunscreen before I apply this. Overall, it is a good product. I was skeptical at first but it turned out to work very well for me. Give it a try. It's cheap and you can return it if you don't like it. I found it at Target in the *ahem* female ointments area. Lol. good luck everybody!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2009 2:06:00 PM More reviews by DAnneMolzan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok I have to write this because everytime I see this on here I ask myself:

The person who wrote the first review on this: What the heck was their thought process of putting something that belongs on your hoo hoo on your face??? Was it an accident? I really would love to hear the story on that one!!

I gave it a 4 because its funny

a 2 because I have no clue if its cheap or not

1 because I have no clue about the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2009 1:57:00 PM More reviews by huangmi5

i really didnt like this product the first time..but i think it was because it has gone really liquid-y under some heat. I tried it a second time and I am amazed at how it covers and glided over my flakes. I love to use it with my mineral foundation. you really dont need alot. it is best to wait for any sunscreen or lotion to dry before putting this on or else the products will roll off. this trumps smashbox !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 12:01:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Before I broke down and bought Monistat Chafing Relief Powder-Gel (I hate even typing the name. It's embarrassing. I don't want to admit to Monistat or chafing...), I had loads of questions. First things first, in what aisle do you find this crap? Second, how much was it? Third, how embarrassed was I going to be in the check-out line? Well, I found it, and I can't really remember what aisle it was in, so I'm sorry if you have the same question I did. I also forgot how much it ran me up... somewhere in the neighborhood of 6.99-7.99$, maybe? And I sucked up the embarrassment and I lived, because this is a good primer.
I need primer because I am absolutely, positively religious about applying sunscreen every single day and I have found that even though sunscreen manufacturers claim that their face sunscreen doesn't leave a residue... it does ('Sup, Neutrogena!). Applying foundation on top of freshly 'screened skin is a nightmare. It's patchy. It's greasy. It's gross. Ew. A pea-sized dab of this covers my face with siliconed smoothness. Instead of patchy UVA-blocking grease chemicals, my pre-makeuped face feels powdery yet quite smooth. I've used many different foundations in different formulas, from powders to liquids to creams, and they all apply nicely over Monistat Anti-Chafing Powder Gel. I love it. Except the feeling I get when I'm in the check-out line.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2009 10:00:00 AM More reviews by countrygyrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok, I never ever thought I would replace my MOM as a primer but in search of that softer matte, flawless finish I bought this- mainly because it was the cheapest "primer" at the store. A pea size does my whle face including eyelids- no scent and no color. Leaves a dry yet silky smooth finish. My makeup applies nicer and looks better plus it stays perfect all day! Perfectly flawless and fresh. I even think I may be able to use a lighter foundation because my face looks that good. (currently I use Revlon Colorstay) I have oily skin and this will not keep me shine free forever (nothing does) but I only really get "glowy" (and thats after 7-8 hours) not super shiny- except for maybe on my chin but all I have to do is blot -No powder touch ups needed since my makeup looks that good. Not sure if it will perform quite as well in the heat and humidity of summer. But right now this is a must have for me.
NOTE- for all thse who are skeptical and don't want to use "vag cream" on their face this is NOT "vag cream" it is a silcone based "protectant". Read the label - its intended use is an anti- chafing gel for inner thighs, under breasts, under arms etc.... don't let the name Monistat scare you off.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/5/2009 12:05:00 AM More reviews by whitebook

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is very similar to Lancome LA BASE PRO. I am attracted to this due to the price. I mixed it with liquid foundation, and the foundation immediately turn very light on skin, which is a plus. I am using NYX the Make Up and studio fix separately. I use this primer and the two, well, it feels great, it looks a little bit better, smooth and even, but it's not wow. (FYI, i don't like the MakeUp and Studio Fix that much, just that I bought it, and I need to finish it.) So, i don't know if it's the foundations or what. I am not very surprised.
Update: the dimethicone or whatever clogs my pores! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2009 12:58:00 PM More reviews by marissaz6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

When my mineral makeup settled into my fine lines on my forehead (how embarassing) I thought I'd look into using a primer. I'd never used one before but after reading the reviews here I found myself in the feminine hygiene aisle picking up a tube of this gel. How wonderful! My makeup slid on effortlessly, stayed where it was supposed to, and fine lines were nowhere to be found! Also, I am very prone to breakouts but lo and behold-- nothing! I used this on my wedding day and my pictures look natural and amazing. I would repurchase but I don't see myself ever running out of this as I am lazy and only bother to use this for special occasions.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by sayJENN

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This made my skin absolutely, silky soft - just like the other ladies did. It held my makeup great. I'm in high school and my school day lasts at least 9 hours every day. My m/u looked pretty decent by the time I washed my face, which was at late night. I didn't have any extra breakouts at all (I wash my face with the Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser and it washes away all my m/u).

I'm having issues with picking whether this deserves 3 or 4 lippies though. I've never used a primer before, so this is basically my first one. I have VERY OILY skin, and though this has a silicone that's supposed to keep oil from getting to the surface, I was VERY oily within probably ... 5 hours? The thing is, my oil wasn't too noticeable and my skin wasn't a great big grease-ball, but it sure felt like it did! I don't normally blot throughout my school day b/c I am lazy, so I know how my skin feels by the end of the day. And using this made me feel horrible, I had to use 3 or 4 blotting sheets, usually I only need 2. I used it for about a month, but have since stopped.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2009 10:24:00 PM More reviews by adagio141

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I read about this powder gel a couple of days ago on this website. At first I thought Monistat?! That's in the wrong category for primers. After reading a few reviews and searching a few other sites, I decided to give it a try. I told my mom about it and she went to Walmart today and got us both a tube. I tried it tonight (just over my makeup since I haven't washed my face for bed yet.) I'm really impressed already. It made the fine lines disappear under my eyes. I even tried it on the back of one hand and it looks much smoother than the other hand. We'll see how it does tomorrow when I put it on before my makeup. Keeping my fingers crossed until then...
here's a pic...http://img.makeupalley.com/8/6/0/7/1419219.JPG
I tried it under my right eye and not the left. Virtually no lines under my right eye. I did not edit this pic at all (proof with the oily skin and messy brows lol.)
Update: I tried it again the next morning on a clean face and didn't get the same results of smoothing out wrinkles. I've used it occasionally since but it hasn't been life changing lol.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No