October 20, 2014 | 2110 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Farouk CHI - Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2006 11:58:00 PM More reviews by laurarae1976

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

See my pictures for the great results I get with a Chi. My hair is naturally curly, thick, but pretty fine when it comes down to the individual strands. That spells out flyways and uncontrollable frizz. (Oh, and have I mentioned I live in a hot, humid, tropical climate?!) All this considered, I love what the Chi does for me when combined with a silicone serum to help resist the humidity. I don't own one, but my hairdresser uses one whenever I want a straight style. Before the Chi, I would have straight hair, but straw-like. Not silky soft like it is now with the Chi Iron.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2006 4:45:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

Purchased from Folica (not affiliated) at a reasonable price (compared to what I would have paid at a local hair supply store (about $200CDN). Why did I wait so long? I have thick, wavy hair that's prone to frizz, even after straightening and using nearly every silkening/protecting product, silicone AND silicone-free, known to mankind. I thought, 4 or 5 years ago, I'd hit the jackpot by finally buying a large, $175 Isinis straightener for myself. It did what Hot Tools couldn't do - straighten. But lately I find it's not getting as hot as it used to (375 degrees), and it's been snagging my hair.

While visiting an aunt in the south with notoriously wavy hair, I noticed how silky and shiny her hair looked suddenly, and with glee she announced she had purchased a Chi. It was then that I knew Chi wasn't all about hype - if it could straighten and silkify that head of hair, it was well worth the money. I love this flat iron - I have the 2", red velvet Turbo. With its temperature control and reset button, this tool gets hot fast (in under a minute), and glides through the hair without a hitch. My hair is never flat or board straight, like I convinced someone to run a clothes iron over my head - but it's straight with volume, which until now has been nearly impossible for me to achieve with a flat iron. I could go on! Run, run, run to your nearest Chi dealer! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2006 11:40:00 AM More reviews by deedot17

Absolutly the best of the best. You cant go wrong buying this iron. I dropped mine on the bathroom floor when I was getting ready this morning and because it was already slightly damaged the two panels ended up coming apart. Im on ebay right now repurchasing it becasuse I really cant live without it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2006 12:08:00 PM More reviews by yve1919

Hands down, the best flat iron out there. I have curlyish baby-fine hair that's well below my bra strap, and in 10 minutes I have soft, shiny, super-straight hair that lasts until the next wash or until it gets wet. The Chi is where it's at in the world of flat irons. I had my first one for 2 years before it was stolen with my luggage (grrr!). I've had my current one for a year with no problems. If you're considering it... just buy it. It's the poo.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2006 4:50:00 PM More reviews by pebbbles

Love the product, broke in 1.5 years. Looking for another high-end straightener with a longer warrantee.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2006 4:20:00 PM More reviews by 011705

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Been using this for over 3 1/2 years. I'm still using the same one and it works as great as it did the first time I ever used it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2006 12:28:00 PM More reviews by missamerica32

Can't imagine how I functioned without this. I've had it for almost a year now & it's like the greatest invention! :o) It gives me slick & smooth hair in no time, & I have VERY long hair. My hair is currently below my bra line & I can straighten my thick hair completely in about 15 minutes. My hair stylist has one of these & used it on my hair, which is why I decided to get one. All of my friends have one, & all deemed it a must have, so I'm thrilled I took the plunge. I bought this for about half price with free shipping on the internet, I can't remember the site at the moment, but it was well worth it. I got the guarantee since I didn't buy it from eBay, so that's great! I also got one of those heat pouches to store it in, so I think anyone who has one of these should get one of those. This gets SO hot, you want to make sure you save your counter tops. :o) Anyway, I just say BUY it! You won't regret splurging on a CHI!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2006 4:45:00 PM More reviews by cindybird

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous, soft, sleek hair in three minutes flat. Simply the greatest hair-styling product I've ever owned. I got the 2" iron on eBay for about half what it costs retail, including shipping.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2006 7:44:00 AM More reviews by jamejame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, this is just THE best! I went thru 2 Jilbere flat irons in the past year at about $50 each. Worked great at first, then not so great. I finally got smart and shelled out the extra cash for the Chi and I'm not looking back. It takes less than half the time to do my hair now. It gives me a great hair day every day. I'll never buy another brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2006 11:31:00 PM More reviews by 4321lauren

This is one of the best puchases I've made. With this product it is hard to have a bad hair day. I've received lots of compliments on my hair lately. I'm so glad I purchased this product, WORTH EVERY PENNY!!!!