Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 10/21/2009 3:30:00 PM

I was leary of the formulation as it is so watery but it goes on like a dream. The coverage can be layered but one app is usually good at evening out skin tone and hiding minor imperfections. I apply it after moisturizer with SPF. Dampen a good sponge then stipple the makeup on. This stuff is amazing.

on 10/13/2009 8:22:00 PM

I had a wierd experience w/this foundation. I really wanted to like and while I liked some things, my list of dislikes was longer. The good: since its very sheer it doesn't feel heavy on your skin. This also makes my skin feel really soft & no other foundation has ever made my skin feel so soft while I was wearing it. It seemed to do a pretty good job at keeping my T-zone from getting oily. I unfortunately need a little bit more coverage & no matter how much i layered on it still seemed like I couldn't get descent coverage (& I'm not talking about full coverage, about medium at most). I also couldn't get a good color match. I tried the first few lightest shades & either they were too light or a little too dark. The smell is not the greatest either. When my boyfriend kissed my cheek he asked what I was wearing on my face that smelled funny, not sexy at all! FInally, the real deal breaker was how shiny my face looked. My foreheaed & T-zone looked shiny even though I wasn't oily. I tried dusting some powder over my face but I still looked a bit shiny. I've heard such good things about this foundation& it felt so great on my skin that I really wanted to like it but alas, it was not meant to be. I hope others have better luck w/this.

on 10/11/2009 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been wanting to try Face and Body for awhile but had no idea what shade to get, so I stopped into Sephora and one of the girls there swatched a few on my face to find a good color. I ended up going with Ivory 20, which surprised me a little because I'm usually the lightest shade in anything.

I tried it out as soon as I got home. As everyone says, the bottle isn't the best. I found the strange giggly texture to be interesting but not bad, and I didn't notice the often mentioned smell at all. It applies easily, creating a smooth and very sheer finish. After application, I felt like maybe it was the wrong shade or I just didn't like it. I wanted something with a dewy finish and this looked a little flat. Once I did the rest of my makeup though, I liked it a lot. It made my face look like I had naturally even skin with a subtle radiance.

on 10/10/2009 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

What is so good about this foundation??? I tried 3 diff shades and settled on #32 (NC30/35). The texture is very nice and light, but it really covers nothing. I had to layer it on and layer it on to get some color/coverage. But then the weirdest thing: a couple of hours later it was like I was wearing nothing at all because the foundation had faded away in spots and left nice, blotchy areas! GAH -I felt naked (or at least partially naked, because other areas had not completely faded). If I were going for a leper look, this would be the right product to use. For something this expensive, no thanks, there's way better -even drugstore ones.

on 10/2/2009 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really love this foundation. And maybe I am weird, but I actually like the scent. As for the blob-texture, I find it fascinating, lol.

As usual, I tried applying this foundation with a) SK purple peep b) MAC 187 c) TF Retractable kabuki brush d) EDM flat top brush.

My favorite method is applying with TF Retractable. It givems me slightly more coverage, and blends everything to an airbrushed finish in a cinch.

Color match, I am a MAC NC25 with strong yellow undertone, and #32 is a great match for me. But since the foundation is so sheer, it is very forgiving. continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have pretty clear skin, but to give my face sheer coverage and a little glow. I mix a little of this foundation with my moisturizer and a drop of bronzer. I glow all day. I love that it is larger than most foundations, one bottle will last me a year. i wish it came in a pump bottle though.

Edit: I stopped using this, the smell was just tohard to deal with.

on 9/29/2009 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

I like this - I had been wanting to try this for awhile now and I decided to bite the bullet. First off, the Sephora closest to me doesn't carry MUFE (it is in a Penney's) so I had to order from the website using the color selector. It matched me with #22 Sand - for reference I have medium NW25 skin with pink undertones. The color matches very close actually. The texture weirded me out a bit - it is almost like a gloopy gel. It also has a strong scent. However I love the finish - very natural and dewy, looks like skin. I apply it with a brush and for me that comes out the best. I would buy this again but I would probably go to the store and check out the color selection in person. I got lucky!

on 9/20/2009 7:32:00 PM

Awesome foundation! I used to use Mac Face and Body, but it caused me to get little bumps/breakout on my forehead. I searched extensively for a foundation that is non comedogenic, looks like skin, isn't drying and doesn't accentuate lines and this is it! You can layer it for anything you want to cover and it's super light and feels and looks like your skin. I like to cover some of the freckles on my nose and my major dark circles and even out my skin tone. I use MUFE Lift Concealor under my eyes and I love that as well. Every other make-up including minerals looks more masky to me and most show any dryer areas.

on 9/19/2009 1:50:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

I have had this for over 9 moths and it's mainly because i've been trying to be very conservative with it, otherwise i would have gone through 10 bottles by now! I'm NW20 right now in the summer, though i'm more neutral not cool, and i use it in #20, in the winter it's a shade too dark but it blends really well and doesn't show that the color is off (but it's expensive... so i only use it on occasions now). I love the finish and the fact that i don't feel at all like i'm wearing foundation, it's a huge plus, because i'm not self-conscious about it when i talk to people. I don't have great skin, i have a lot of scarring and overall not very even complexion, but i hate entirely covering it up because i just think it looks fake no matter the foundation, so i don't often look for full coverage and I don't cake the foundation on so this provides perfect coverage for me, because i feel like it's evened out my skin but i still look human. The smell doesn't bother me, the consistency is weird but i'm fine with it. I wish it didn't come in a glass botter, but i'll live with it too and just keep it in mind and try to be careful and not spill or drop. When i first put it on (i use the mac 187 and use very little amount) it doesn't look like i have anything on or that it covered anything, but after a minute or so i notice that my skin has evened out (sometimes i add a little more if the coverage is too light, but just so slightly, i don't ever cake it on) and after i just touch up a few spots with concealer at this point and continue with the rest of my routine. I also use it over a primer, which is a must for me personally. Great foundation, i'm almost out and with buy it over and over until they don't make it anymore!

on 9/13/2009 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I have some mixed feelings on this foundation. I'm really pale and cool toned. I have some redness in my cheeks, I'd consider it a lot but probably it is only moderate. I have pretty 'good" skin otherwise. I'm looking for the HG foundation, Ive found great formulas with no color match and I've found decent color matches with horrible formulas. And Ive tried high end and low end stuff. Nothing is ever exactly perfect. And well, neither was this. I got 38 because I was lead to belive from swatches online it was the lightest. I was surprised how much darker it was when I got mine. But it wasnent like MAC dark (MAC does not believe pale people exist, their lightest shades are a joke), so I figured I would be able to make it work. Which, I suppose I was able too. It wasent a perfect match colorwise but I've seen and worn worse. I really liked the smell of this foundation. I know there are a lot of reviews saying it smells gross but personally it smelled very french to me, like very green roses and really rich soil....in a good way. The texture was...well, weird. Almost like watery jello clumping. But it went on my Sonia Kashuk blue peep just fine. I really, really liekd the look of this when I applied it. It was sheer but not to sheer and the finish was fresh not like sweaty looking. Speaking of a sweaty looking finish MUFE Face & Body is way way WAY better than MAC Face & Body. I regret wasting the money on the MAC one now, I wish I would have tired this one first but oh well. And actually not for nothing but this foundation is not perfect either. As I said the color match was slightly off and there coverage left a little something to be desired (I would have liked more coverage but caking this on to get that would make it cakey so...) and the price tag...38$ is a lot to me, especially for something that has aspects I don't love. So yeah, better than MACs F&B, great if you like a really sheer coverage and can find a color match but would I personally buy this again? I'm not sure, so I have to go with no probably not. Your mileage may vary though...foundation is so subjective.