Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Make Up

4.1

Ingredients (new formula): aqua, hydrogenated polyisobutene, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, methylpropanediol, glycerin, butylene glycol, mangifera indica seed oil (mango seed butter), acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, tetrasodium EDTA, fragrance, PEG-8, phenoxyethanol, tromethamine, potassium myristate, chlorphenesin, methylparaben, propylparaben, caprylyl glycol, sodium polyacrylate, panthenol, hexyl cinnamal, limonene, citronnellol, geraniol, butylphenyl methylpropional, linalool, alpha-isomethyl ionene. May contain: CI 77891 (titanium dioxide), CI 777493 (iron oxides), CI 77492 (iron oxides), CI 77499 (iron oxides). Ingredients (old formula): aqua, mineral oil, sorbitan sesquioleate, cyclopentasiloxane, phenoxyethanol, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, triethanolamine, magnesium myristate, tetrasodium EDTA, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance. May contain: titanium dioxide, iron oxides.

on 9/12/2009 10:27:00 PM

hated this one. i tried several different colors... i believe 2, 38, and 20. (i'm too light for NC15, to give an idea.) nothing worked as far as color, the MA at sephora suggested i write MUFE to suggest they extend their color line... but that really doesn't do me any good. other than that, the foundation is really runny and is a strange consistency. (in fact, b/c i am clumsy, i poured it out all over my feet and the floor at sephora.) i usually look for a fuller coverage and i *hated* the minimal coverage this provided, even after a couple layers. there was nothing i liked about it.

on 9/9/2009 4:56:00 PM

I've been using this liquid foundation for about a week now, I bought the color #32, I use Mac Studio Fix powder foundation in NC35 for ref. The color match with my skintone nicely, when I first rub in the liquid - it appear light compare to my skin but as soon as I finish blending it on my face - the color matches and looks natural. I first shake the bottle and pour out some onto my finger and I put dots all over my face, then I blend the liquid found to evenly distribute, I would apply another layer for more coverage. The finish is glowy/satiny, not the artificial glittery glow type, surprisingly - even though most people think this is a sheer foundation, it seems to cover my post acne marks very well without looking like I have a bunch of makeup caked on (when I use 2 layers). I finish is very nice and dewy looking, but -- it seems the makeup kinda faded on me after around 3 hours or so, it doesn't look as great as when I first applied it. I'm not sure if I have to use a certain powder along with this to make it last longer, I'm afraid to use powder foundation because I don't want it to cover the nice finish of this liquid foundation. Can anyone reccomend a powder that they use which complements this liquid foundation?

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Great foundation. This offers light to medium coverage, but for me, a little goes a long way. It can give any kind of finish depending on the primer and/or powder you use. It feels like I have nothing on plus I haven't experienced any break outs. This is the only foundation i use, period.

on 9/5/2009 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

i bought this product thinking it would work well on coverage and everything. so i went to sephora and i purchased it for i think $45 - and it totally wasn't worth it , for me . it was so hard to look for the right shade that i ended up exchanging it twice to find the right color. but in the end i just got a full refund. i didn't like it at all. and the smell was horrible too ! it smelled too much like dirt and clay - blah !

Very very sheer light coverage.

on 8/31/2009 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I only started wearing foundation after my skin started becoming spotty after my pregnancies. It was very difficult to find foundation for my severely dry skin caused by eczema. This is definitely my HG! People really took notice and thought I had finally controlled my eczema. I received so many compliments on my skin. If you want lots of coverage this probably isn't for you. It's very thin and watery. I've been able to fool people with just concealer and this. I've tried using a brush and my fingers for this, but have found the cheap sponge works for me. I alternate between this foundation and MUF Liquid Lift and only wish that this also came in a pump. I plan on pouring this into my liquid lift bottle once I finsh that. Oh...I'm probably also one of the few that loves the scent!
Update: May 15/10 : I bought it again today and it came with an additional pump! I guess MUFE is really listening to its customers. I am also using the sephora liquid foundation brush to buff it in and it looks great.

on 8/31/2009 9:23:00 PM

I love this foundation. It's very light and natural looking. Perfect if you just need light coverage. The texture is a little strange. Kind of a gel type consistancy. It also seems really watery when you apply it but it just seems to melt right into your skin. Amazing. I will definitely repurchase.

on 8/31/2009 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This product is the only foundation I have come by so far that doesn't make my dry skin look even dryer. It seems to hold in moisture and makes my face glow, without looking greasy. I apply it with a brush instead of a sponge, because I find that it soaks into the sponge too much and a lot of it gets wasted that way.

I wouldn't recommend it to someone with oily skin, as it is very shiny, not would I recommend it to someone looking for full coverage. If you have freckles and you don't want them to show, this is not the product for you.

on 8/31/2009 2:56:00 PM

I love this foundation for a light to medium coverage....it is def not a full coverage foundation but really sinks into the skin and evens me out enough for daytime wear. I like the way it feels going on- sort of like a gel. Very lightweight but easy to build and blend! I think the bottle will last quite a while.

on 8/21/2009 11:57:00 AM

I bought this over a year ago and gave up on it when it would never "set" properly on my skin. I threw it in my makeup drawer and forgot it. The search continued. Recently, I purchased Illamasqua's foundation, but found it too heavy and thick to spread easily on my skin. I decided to try cocktailing it with MUFE's F&B. I gradually increased the amount of F&B while decreasing the amount of Illamasqua that I was using. Finally, I tried using just the F&B by itself. I don't know if my skin has changed or if I just wasn't applying it properly, but it works pretty well now. Not wonderful, but not bad. The search continues.