July 31, 2014 | 1282 users online

Liquid - Make Up For Ever - Mat Velvet + Matifying Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2010 2:33:00 AM More reviews by kyleagogo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have super oily skin, and bad acne scarring. I do not even have to use concealer anymore with this foundation. It keeps me matte for a couple hours without using a blot powder, I love it! I use an airbrush brush to put it on then set it with MUFE duo mat powder. I'm in love!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/6/2010 2:21:00 PM More reviews by elwoods17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried to like this because I have been wanting to try it out for so long! Unfortunately, I do not like it at all and am returning it to Sephora. I have oily/combo skin and with the change in season my skin is a bit dehydrated. This foundation actually emphasized the small little flakes I had on my face, even after exfoilating! It also is a little too full coverage for me. I feel like I am wearing a mask. I don't like it. I am going to stick with my Neutrogena Skin Clearing Make-up! Drugstore but so much better than this! For reference, I have light to medium olive skin tone, I am a MAC nc35, and I got this shade in 35.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

This was a big BUST for me.

I heard great reviews from people on YT and decided to splurge for the $34.00 bottle of foundation. I ordered this online and SOMEHOW got the color I needed to match my skin perfectly.

I wore this for a week and liked the coverage, but wasn't overly impressed with it. recently I've noticed a rash break out on my cheek and can only attribute it to this new foundation.

I've really had no complaints about my DS foundation, but I risked trying something new and unfortunately it didn't turn out well for me.

Back to Sephora it goes...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2010 2:41:00 AM More reviews by mjm88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG foundation! It gives me a full coverage without feeling heavy and cake-like! Love love love!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2010 3:49:00 PM More reviews by TatianaX

I LOVE this miracle in an ovular bottle <3
I Have been looking for the perfect match to my skin for a very long time and its been so difficult because i have a yellowish tone to my skin with pink aswell. Since most foundations have either/or, I could never find a natural cover. Lucky for me, this brand has it dead on.
Not only that, It makes my combination skin look flawless, shineless, and keeps it looking natural. I also like that it has little to no odor.
This particular foundation is very expensive but to me, WELL WORTH IT <3
I recommend it to anyone&everyone

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by truckerswife2009

I bought this because the dermablend wasnt doing a good job. This goes on great and LASTS all day!! i have bad acne and scaring and this is the only thing that will cover it.
I took it to my dermatologist and she was it was a great product to use :)

I love it. its $35 and usually last me about 6 weeks.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 11:53:00 AM More reviews by syasya83

I love the product hate the packaging. Shade #40 is perfect for my skin. I'm asian with golden undertones and this counteracts with my red cheeks.I look like I have naturally perfect skin.( I wish). Use beauty blender to apply, but will try different method son. Full coverage, matte stays on well does not smear easily like givenchy photo perfexion. It my new HG. I pair it with by terry touche veloutee and it is simply amazing. No one can tell I have foundation on. I live in a humid and hot country aka Dubai. It keeps the oil on my face at bay.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2010 5:08:00 AM More reviews by nowinstereo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'd say this was well worth the cost.

My only real issue stems from the fact that I have no idea which colour I wear, the box being thrown out LONG ago. I have to take the bottle in with me OR somehow magically remember what number I am. Yeesh. Kind of annoying.

Goes on very nicely, I find it covers and evens out all blemishes and did not find it drying or cakey, just matte!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by esornart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried the MUFE HD invisible foundation and found it to be more for yellow undertones. I have pink understone so the yellow undertone made my face look yellow and sick. Also, the HD foundation made my skin oily during mid day and it didnt last long on my face even with powder on. I returned it and purchased this Mat Velvet Oil Free Foundation and I LOVE it. IT stays on and it gives a matted finish. I use Clarins instant smooth perfecting touch primer & then use a MAC stippling brush to buff in the foundation.It gives me a flawless finish! For extra coverage when Im taking photos, I use a powder foundation on top of it. Otherwise, this foundation provides a medium to full coverage. Its buildable. The packaging is light and easy to carry around. Im surprised, with a lot of hype over the HD foundation, I ACUTALLY LIKE THIS MAT VELVET FOUNDATION BETTER THAN THE HD FOUNDATION!
I say go to your local counter and get a sample of each foundation so you can try it before you purchase it. =)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2010 12:58:00 PM More reviews by uberboi1989

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

A pretty good foundation overall, felt it was a little too heavy for me even when applying it with a sponge so I frequently blend it with another foundation (sometimes even a nice drugstore brand!) to get the coverage I'm looking for and helping to stretch the product's life.

Had a nice matte look, and with a touch of setting powder, I was hooked on the look.